Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawks
What is a-f? How could they be ok to play then?

"Maui Nick" Wrote:Here's the rule: "Any student who has been enrolled in grades nine (9) through twelve (12) and has participated in any varsity game in any sport at any school following enrollment in grade nine (9) who transfers schools shall be ineligible for interscholastic athletics for one year from the date of enrollment in the new school. ..."

"No student enrolled in grades 4-12 who has participated in a first team game shall be eligible to represent a second member school during that school year unless that student would qualify for a waiver of the period of ineligibility in accordance with provisions (a) through (f) above."
"Hulk" Wrote:What is a-f? How could they be ok to play then?

Provisions a thru f don't matter in Slone's case.
What about that Johnson girl? She is still living in same place. I was told she gave another address.
"Maui Nick" Wrote:Provisions a thru f don't matter in Slone's case.
She is still living in the same place. The problem is that she is not good enough for anyone to call in on!
I am a former player of Tussey's and she was so much harder on us than these girls now could ever imagine. Yes, what happened to her was wrong and I didn't agree with it. All I know is that if these girls really love the game and want to play, they need to respect the coaching change and go along with it instead of whining, crying, and pouting. They are used to getting their way and this time it didn't happen. Suck it up and show the 15th region what PCC Lady Hawks can do this year. You have the talent so go out there and show it.
"snoop" Wrote:She is still living in the same place. The problem is that she is not good enough for anyone to call in on!

Ouch!
Starting center Kim Coleman left the Lady Hawks as of Monday. Word was Paige Lowe quit also.
Halley isn't going to Pikeville but Paige is I'm thinking about it and we have lost 3 players b/c of the coaches
yea kayla johnson is still playin
I guess players voting on it takes pressure off of coaches back with all problems he is having. Good idea to me. Looks like having enough as it is.TongueirateSho
Pike Central has Kayla Johnson, Paige Lowe and Haley Ratliff and these girls are very talented. I have watched them play and they play hard and strong very top notch. Kayla Lowe has some improving to do, as for A. Coleman and K. Pennington need alot of work and have a long way to go.
I think Pike Central will have the best team in the 15th Region this upcomiong season. Although, if the rumors are true that Paige Lowe is transferring to Pikeville, they will lose a big time scorer. But if that is true, there is no need to worry. Hailey Ratliff will lead a young, but experienced team of Lady Hawks to E.A. Diddle Arena. Coach Tammy Tussey will have her team focused and determined on returning to Bowling Green! I wish PCC well and Good Luck on the upcomnig season.
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:I think Pike Central will have the best team in the 15th Region this upcomiong season. Although, if the rumors are true that Paige Lowe is transferring to Pikeville, they will lose a big time scorer. But if that is true, there is no need to worry. Hailey Ratliff will lead a young, but experienced team of Lady Hawks to E.A. Diddle Arena. Coach Tammy Tussey will have her team focused and determined on returning to Bowling Green! I wish PCC well and Good Luck on the upcomnig season.
The bad thing is...Tussy isn't the coach anymore.
I think the hawk parents need a reality check. I think new coach Steven Butcher will do a very good job. True he doesn't have much GIRLS basketball coaching experience but he has alot of basketball coaching experience, which is the important thing. I also just got word that Hawk practice has been went very well since the players came and got a new understanding of the new coach. And Butcher is not there just to have fun and play games. He is there to WIN.
"pcchs_gurl1505" Wrote:Halley isn't going to Pikeville but Paige is I'm thinking about it and we have lost 3 players b/c of the coaches

Come to Valley! Is Kayla Johnson really getting playing time?
"foulshot" Wrote:Pike Central has Kayla Johnson, Paige Lowe and Haley Ratliff and these girls are very talented. I have watched them play and they play hard and strong very top notch. Kayla Lowe has some improving to do, as for A. Coleman and K. Pennington need alot of work and have a long way to go.

pike central also has kayla lowe (she's brad's little sister and she's taller than he is), who's in her third varsity season and is now central's only post player.
"RUNtheBALL" Wrote:I think new coach Steven Butcher will do a very good job. True he doesn't have much GIRLS basketball coaching experience but he has alot of basketball coaching experience, which is the important thing.

Exactly where does his head coaching experience come from?
"oldcoach" Wrote:Exactly where does his head coaching experience come from?
I was wondering the same thing. If he's so great a coach, then how come no one has heard of him outside the Pike County political system?
Kayla Lowe would be a good post player if she would stay where she is suppose to. The only thing she likes to do is bring the ball down the court trying to be a point guard. knowing she is to tall maybe she is scared to play post.
Lowe isn't going to Pikeville she is staying at Pike Central. I think that is great. I think that several people don't want her back because they think they are the stars. And she is not the only one who has an attitude problem the whole team does. And as for her not bering allowed to mop up your players sweat you are already doing that yourself and besides she is to good to mop up the sweat of your so called players and as for to keep getting back on the team because she is good you got that right she is real good at basketball.
The Lady Hawks have a good chance of having a winning season. I think that if the coaches would play Haley Ratliff, Paige Lowe, and Kayla Johnson as guards and play Kayla Lowe as a post player they would be unstopable.

:theman:
"foulshot" Wrote:The Lady Hawks have a good chance of having a winning season. I think that if the coaches would play Haley Ratliff, Paige Lowe, and Kayla Johnson as guards and play Kayla Lowe as a post player they would be unstopable.

:theman:

Doesn't Kayla Johnson have to sit out a year since she didn't make a legal move?
Butcher is going to do a fine job at Pike Central this season. You all keep asking where he got his head coaching experience from, from what ive read no one delcared that he has had head coaching experiecne the man has coached at Cumberland College as an assistant coach when they made it to the NAIA tournament not only that but he was the ONLY ASSITANT at that time for Cumberland. He as well was an assistant coach at a very good Pulaski High School. He as well had a coaching oppurtunity in Hawaii which he did not take, this offer came when Mason Co. coach left for Hawaii.
As for the whole issue on P. Lowe. She is one heck of a ball player but did not prove her self last season like she had in the past. Does she have an attitude problem which needed to be resolved and the answer to this is yes. But do other players on the team AS WELL have attitude problems and my answer to that is once again yes, but at the same time these other players did NOT walk out on their team Not only once BUT TWICE. If she had not walked out twice then Butcher would not have went to the extreme that he did take. It is true that she now is practicing but only twice a week. She will be back at the turn of the year and will probley from my opinion have to work hard to regain her starting position. I personaly have talked to Butcher and he said quote unquote "I expect as much out of this team as I do any other, I will give the girls the recpect they decerive and I expect the same out of them." He as well made the statement that "A district championship isn't enough I will only settle for a regional championship anything less WILL be a disappointment.
enough is enough of this situation...this is getting real old.
:beg: :theman:
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Butcher is going to do a fine job at Pike Central this season. You all keep asking where he got his head coaching experience from, from what ive read no one delcared that he has had head coaching experiecne the man has coached at Cumberland College as an assistant coach when they made it to the NAIA tournament not only that but he was the ONLY ASSITANT at that time for Cumberland. He as well was an assistant coach at a very good Pulaski High School. He as well had a coaching oppurtunity in Hawaii which he did not take, this offer came when Mason Co. coach left for Hawaii.
As for the whole issue on P. Lowe. She is one heck of a ball player but did not prove her self last season like she had in the past. Does she have an attitude problem which needed to be resolved and the answer to this is yes. But do other players on the team AS WELL have attitude problems and my answer to that is once again yes, but at the same time these other players did NOT walk out on their team Not only once BUT TWICE. If she had not walked out twice then Butcher would not have went to the extreme that he did take. It is true that she now is practicing but only twice a week. She will be back at the turn of the year and will probley from my opinion have to work hard to regain her starting position. I personaly have talked to Butcher and he said quote unquote "I expect as much out of this team as I do any other, I will give the girls the recpect they decerive and I expect the same out of them." He as well made the statement that "A district championship isn't enough I will only settle for a regional championship anything less WILL be a disappointment.

Then he should probably be prepared for a disappointment. I don't think he'll win district or region.
These girls have unbelievable talent. If their attitudes do not get in the way, they have one of the best chances to be regional champs.
They need to quit complaining about the coaching changes and play ball. Look at the ERHS Lady Warriors. If I'm not mistaken they have had 4 new coaches in the 4 years of existence. Not to mention the one coach that didn't even show up and he quit before summer camps even started. If they really loved the game and wanted to play, then they would play under any circumstances. Coaches don't effect the talent that's on the floor.
How can the girls be playing the boys this is illegal? This needs to be reported to the KHSAA. You only get 2 scrimmage games before the first game.
"Hulk" Wrote:How can the girls be playing the boys this is illegal? This needs to be reported to the KHSAA. You only get 2 scrimmage games before the first game.

Well considering they do this during practice it is not considered a scrimmage it is condiered practice...Im sure that most teams in the region do the exact same thing...
You're wrong on that one. I'll report it and we shall see then. Good Luck?
Read the bylaws.
www.khsaa.org check it out.
PC has gotten beat both scrimmages what's up with the new coach. I thought he was going to do better than Tussey? I don't think so! Is Paige Lowe still :mop: ?:Skull03:

"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Well considering they do this during practice it is not considered a scrimmage it is condiered practice...Im sure that most teams in the region do the exact same thing...