Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawks
Does the Hawks have any hope? Honest opinionns I do play.
The hawks have more than hope...they are the best team in the region, and will be going to state again with some effort.
I think you have all the talent to go to the state. If the coaching change doesnt make it to where things change a lot meaning you all have to learn a whole new system, you shouldnt miss a beat. Good luck to you guys. Make us proud.
Is AD Slone going to stay at Central? I know her eligibility hasn't been established yet..That could change some things on your season.
Pike Central definitely has the talent..it's just a matter of whether or not the girls want to play. If they put forth an effort, they'll definitely make it to state..and quite possibly, place!
It's up to the ladies at Pike Central whether they have any hope or not.
The Hawks have a great deal of talent and regardless of the coaching situation, can do well.
The girl's attitudes will determine if there's hope or not.
Good attitudes can take an average team far...good attitudes can take a good team as far as they want to go.
I've seen many talented teams overcome coaching.
I heard that only 3 girls showed up for practice the first day with the new coach and 6 the second. Sounds like the players are taking a stand for what they want. You have got to have the players to have a team. Looks like teamwork there. Hang in there girls...it is a shame that this had to happen to such a talented team.
I dont expect much from them after the coaching change, They were in my preseason top 4 too
"The Observer" Wrote:I heard that only 3 girls showed up for practice the first day with the new coach and 6 the second. Sounds like the players are taking a stand for what they want. You have got to have the players to have a team. Looks like teamwork there. Hang in there girls...it is a shame that this had to happen to such a talented team.

I heard something stronger -- to the effect that the entire team has said they won't play for him.
WOW, that would make a huge statment
The girls at pike county central definately have the talent. The test for them will be wether they can play together as a team. I know a coaching change is a huge adjustment for them to go through especially considering that it was totally out of the blue. I mean whoever guessed that tussey would be asked to resign. She is one of the best coaches in the region IMO. But I feel that the girls will pull through as they have in the past. Good luck girls! Wear the blue and orange with pride!:champ:
"Maui Nick" Wrote:I heard something stronger -- to the effect that the entire team has said they won't play for him.

I have since been told that this is not true. Sorry for the bum steer.
yeah AD is playin for us. The coacging change is goin to hit us hard when the season starts. If you heard that about us not showing up at practice you are right that was not the caoch we voted for and we'll get what we want. The new coach is a jerk I can't stand him none of us can. He has litlw experience and tinks its funn and its just a game. We all think he just wants to be caled COACH. Tussey didn' resign her and the principle didn't agree he made her quit. No we don't want to play for him but I guess we have to right?
It looks like if you want to play this year you have little choice but to play for the coach that has been hired, but you could always set out a year (unless you are a senior) and play somewhere else next year. Or if your parents were to make a legal move out of the Pike Central district then you could play somewhere else without sitting out a year.
Seems the only thing to do is to get everyone not to play....but that would be really hard to do.
Maybe make a principal change and put your coach back in. That should have never happened. BAD...BAD move Mr. Eddie McCoy and the board.
If they really cared they would have never let this happen. I think the players shouldn't play. Teach them a lesson instead of them doing what's best for them. If they cared anything about your team they would have left things alone.
thanks for ur opinion....I am a sophomore but I've benn playing at other skools since 6th grade I moved to central last year to play for Tussey. Most all of us have said we wern'tn going to play but he said he would have try-outs agauin and pick a new team without paige lowe,halley ratliff, or kayla lowe
AD and PPC company are more than welcome to come to the Valley. I know that they need some girls with some height to add to their tough guard play!
The Hawks could go to Pikeville!
this hawk is thinkin bout movin!!
"fox sports" Wrote:The Hawks could go to Pikeville!
True...but they would all have to move.
"pcchs_gurl1505" Wrote:thanks for ur opinion....I am a sophomore but I've benn playing at other skools since 6th grade I moved to central last year to play for Tussey. Most all of us have said we wern'tn going to play but he said he would have try-outs agauin and pick a new team without paige lowe,halley ratliff, or kayla lowe
So tryouts and not allow these players to tryout? Sounds like a REALLY smart coach then if this is true.
I believe I would change schools or sit out. This is not right. I was told that A.D. went back to Phelps Thurs. and there is much more to come. You can't coach a team without players. Bobby Spears knows that. This all needs to be undone....but I don't see how it can be. To much damage has already been done. I heard Haley was going to Pikeville. Good move! I also heard this new coach had a 5:30 a.m. practice Thurs. and some of the players didn't show up.
I believe any team in the region will be more then happy to coach these girls and I know a little about the sport and bet I could win the region with this team.
A player may go anywhere until they play 1 sec. in a varsity game. That is when the rule comes in that a player must move or sit out a year unless they are n incoming freshmen... then they may go anywhere they choose to play... until they have played in a varsity sport. It may be a good idea to change schools and sit out a year unless they are a senior. Then I think I would have to move if they don't want to play for this new coach. I believe we need to look more closely at if these kids have really moved!
"Hulk" Wrote:A player may go anywhere until they play 1 sec. in a varsity game. That is when the rule comes in that a player must move or sit out a year unless they are n incoming freshmen... then they may go anywhere they choose to play... until they have played in a varsity sport. It may be a good idea to change schools and sit out a year unless they are a senior. Then I think I would have to move if they don't want to play for this new coach. I believe we need to look more closely at if these kids have really moved!

Here's the rule: "Any student who has been enrolled in grades nine (9) through twelve (12) and has participated in any varsity game in any sport at any school following enrollment in grade nine (9) who transfers schools shall be ineligible for interscholastic athletics for one year from the date of enrollment in the new school. ..."

"No student enrolled in grades 4-12 who has participated in a first team game shall be eligible to represent a second member school during that school year unless that student would qualify for a waiver of the period of ineligibility in accordance with provisions (a) through (f) above."
If there is a legitimate move what happens with eligibility???
Slone's never played any varsity sport at Central, so she would be eligible immediately.
Thanks for the details on the rule.
So A.D. is ok to play anywhere she wants to and the Johnson girl shouldn't be legal for any other school unless she really did move or she sits out for a year. She played last year at Valley didn't she?

TongueirateSku :ref2: