Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legislative discussion to shorten school year?
phs1986 Wrote:Did any of you know that the school year has days ADDED to it? It used to be that children had to attend only 175 days out of the year..... IDK... but if there are budget shortfalls why are they adding days to the school calendar???

I know, it's crazy how everything works now-a-days! I don't see why they're adding on when things are not looking good for them economy wise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:They don't. ACT scores are what counts. Senior portfolios don't really matter either.

I almost failed my Senior year because of how bad I did on the writing portfolio. I came to college and got an A in English. Now how stupid is that?
PC_You_Know Wrote:I almost failed my Senior year because of how bad I did on the writing portfolio. I came to college and got an A in English. Now how stupid is that?

Tells me you didn't really try hard your Sr. Year! Wink
Stardust Wrote:Tells me you didn't really try hard your Sr. Year! Wink

I think you have to write 5 papers for the Senior Portfolio, my 5 papers totaled almost 30 pages, that's almost 6 pages a paper, I think I tried fairly hard.
I can say another thing too, unless you're competing for a spot in a specific University, don't take the writing part of the ACT, it's pointless if your acceptance is guaranteed.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I think you have to write 5 papers for the Senior Portfolio, my 5 papers totaled almost 30 pages, that's almost 6 pages a paper, I think I tried fairly hard.

Dang, they must have really hated you if you almost failed with almost 30 pages of work! Either that or you had some irrelevance or punctuation errors!
Big Grin
I'm just messin' with you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
donathanhurley Wrote:Dang, they must have really hated you if you almost failed with almost 30 pages of work! Either that or you had some irrelevance or punctuation errors!
Big Grin
I'm just messin' with you!

Ahh I don't care, I've come to realize that you really don't learn anything relevant in high school. High school is just a place to go hang out for 4 years.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Ahh I don't care, I've come to realize that you really don't learn anything relevant in high school. High school is just a place to go hang out for 4 years.

Same can be said for college too! lol

You have to have the degrees to hang on the wall. Of course, there are exceptions, such as if you wanted to be a chemist, engineer, doctor and so on. But still most things are learned hands on.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Same can be said for college too! lol

You have to have the degrees to hang on the wall. Of course, there are exceptions, such as if you wanted to be a chemist, engineer, doctor and so on. But still most things are learned hands on.

Well I'm a Bio major, I haven't done much hanging out yet.