Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 55 - Hazard 17
He didnt. They threw the ball a lot. Hazard best in between runners are Austin Blanton, Mikael Campbell and the quarterback Tyler Olinger. Sweeps or outside runs then adams is the man. I was just checking out the Khsaa website and your going to be hit hard with 15 to graduations and some are very good play makers.
I didn't think he was faster than the kid from Bryan Station...that kid could flat get it
bac2369 Wrote:He didnt. They threw the ball a lot. Hazard best in between runners are Austin Blanton, Mikael Campbell and the quarterback Tyler Olinger. Sweeps or outside runs then adams is the man. I was just checking out the Khsaa website and your going to be hit hard with 15 to graduations and some are very good play makers.

Central loses some good players this year, that's true.

They will return some playmakers too. Hall at QB, N. Dillon at RB, J.J. Jude at RB among them. And thankfully, we have one of the best offensive line coaches in EKY teaching the boys. Everybody thought we'd be dead in the water after losing Ratliff and Grim, but we're actually a touchdown or two better than last year's team, I think. With our middle school program, there's always some talent in the pipeline. It may vary from year to year, but I don't ever think we'll have a huge dropoff as long as the current coaching staff remains in place.
Probably couldnt tell because he never broke any plays except for one. I believe the best pass all night from Hazard was by the back up.
Diogenes Wrote:Central loses some good players this year, that's true.

They will return some playmakers too. Hall at QB, N. Dillon at RB, J.J. Jude at RB among them. And thankfully, we have one of the best offensive line coaches in EKY teaching the boys. Everybody thought we'd be dead in the water after losing Ratliff and Grim, but we're actually a touchdown or two better than last year's team, I think. With our middle school program, there's always some talent in the pipeline. It may vary from year to year, but I don't ever think we'll have a huge dropoff as long as the current coaching staff remains in place.

Does your middle school run the same style of offense?
bac2369 Wrote:Does your middle school run the same style of offense?

More or less.

And Combs was 2-2 passing as the backup. Olinger had a rough night in there, although he did break the big running play in the second half.

The middle school usually gives us a good RB and a few good linemen each year. Jude was last year's star RB, for example, and he put up over 100 yards tonight in the second half, plus he's going to be a decent DB as well.

There's always same late bloomers too. That's probably the big difference between a 5A and a 1A school. In a 1A school, you pretty well know who your big playmakers are going to be early in their careers, just because the numbers are smaller. In a 5A school, sometimes you have some kids who didn't play much in middle school who grow into good players and supplement the middle school stars.
Diogenes Wrote:More or less.

And Combs was 2-2 passing as the backup. Olinger had a rough night in there, although he did break the big running play in the second half.

The middle school usually gives us a good RB and a few good linemen each year. Jude was last year's star RB, for example, and he put up over 100 yards tonight in the second half, plus he's going to be a decent DB as well.

There's always same late bloomers too. That's probably the big difference between a 5A and a 1A school. In a 1A school, you pretty well know who your big playmakers are going to be early in their careers, just because the numbers are smaller. In a 5A school, sometimes you have some kids who didn't play much in middle school who grow into good players and supplement the middle school stars.

Well it helps big time for kids who are familar with that style of play when they come into high school. I dont know if JC is a political place but i believe that in our area it plays a big part. I don't see it much at Hazard but at PCC it does play a role because i graduated from there and some of the best athletes never come out because they know they will never get to play and that still ticks me off till this day.
bac2369 Wrote:Well it helps big time for kids who are familar with that style of play when they come into high school. I dont know if JC is a political place but i believe that in our area it plays a big part. I don't see it much at Hazard but at PCC it does play a role because i graduated from there and some of the best athletes never come out because they know they will never get to play and that still ticks me off till this day.

It was that way for a long time at JC. Basketball was king for decades, and the best football players wouldn't come out. But now, I think we're getting our best athletes for the most part on the football field. For example, Ian Welch is one of the best basketball players in the 15th Region, and he's also our star receiver/defensive back (and I agree with you, we need to find a way to get him more touches, and in the close games, they actually have run reverses and screens to get him the ball more). We are enjoying a wonderful time right now in Central football history, and I really appreciate what the coaches and players have been able to do at a place that in the past was never known for football tradition, and I hope the coaches who are there now stay as long as they can.
Diogenes Wrote:It was that way for a long time at JC. Basketball was king for decades, and the best football players wouldn't come out. But now, I think we're getting our best athletes for the most part on the football field. For example, Ian Welch is one of the best basketball players in the 15th Region, and he's also our star receiver/defensive back (and I agree with you, we need to find a way to get him more touches, and in the close games, they actually have run reverses and screens to get him the ball more). We are enjoying a wonderful time right now in Central football history, and I really appreciate what the coaches and players have been able to do at a place that in the past was never known for football tradition, and I hope the coaches who are there now stay as long as they can.

Do you think its possibly your coach could put in a passing offense for the playoffs just in case a team may stop the run .
bac2369 Wrote:Do you think its possibly your coach could put in a passing offense for the playoffs just in case a team may stop the run .

That pass tonight to J.Bratton was awesome
Well first off, I want to say congrats Johnson Central....you all are a very very very good football team who (if not for highlands on your side of the bracket) would and should win a 5a state championship. You all kicked our butts all over the field and I give you all the deserving credit for having the best o-line ive ever seen and one of the best runningbacks i have seen.

What i do not like is the fact, and this has nothing to do with the players at all so nothing to them, is the fact that the starting offense stayed in the game until the whistle sounded, up on us 55-17. I thought running the ball with the starting runningback and offense with 3 or so seconds on the clock was a little classless. I also thought that running the ball with your starters just to maybe prove a point, or run up a score, or just to improve stats was a very classless thing to do. I hate playing against a jv and i think it is absolutely embarassing, but to JC what goes around comes around and i hope you all play a team that does the same to you.

Lastly, to all those JC fans out there saying that Hazard is no good and that we had no chance and should eat humble pie or w/e, i think that is bullcrap. You all are a awesome 5a team so for you all to beat a good 1a team is supposed to happen...and did so the score explains itself. If we would have played you close then everyone would say well JC isnt as good as we thought and Hazard is a really good team. If we would have somehow beat you all tonite then it would have been the upset of the century. So in reality Hazard had nothing to lose tonite and everything to gain. So why are JC fans bragging?

I give JC's players all the respect in the world and I wish all of them good luck and hope the best for them and hope they do great....and am happy as heck for their win and for their season and will say we were beat by a better team. As for everybody else coaching staff and fan base....i believe you all are some classless rednecks as proven by tonite and previous BGR threads.

However JC PLAYERS--Good Luck...good job tonite.
bac2369 Wrote:Do you think its possibly your coach could put in a passing offense for the playoffs just in case a team may stop the run .

That's always the question.

We'll never throw it primarily. But we do need to be able to hit some slants and screens in case they load the box with good athletes. In the close games, we have thrown it a little more than you saw tonight, but not much more, and not very reliably. I'm sure Matney has a couple of quick hitters on the passing game in the playbook he hasn't shown yet this year. We'd much rather pound it out though. I think even more important for us than passing will be eliminating our fumbles. They always hurt us.
OldDawg Wrote:Well first off, I want to say congrats Johnson Central....you all are a very very very good football team who (if not for highlands on your side of the bracket) would and should win a 5a state championship. You all kicked our butts all over the field and I give you all the deserving credit for having the best o-line ive ever seen and one of the best runningbacks i have seen.

What i do not like is the fact, and this has nothing to do with the players at all so nothing to them, is the fact that the starting offense stayed in the game until the whistle sounded, up on us 55-17. I thought running the ball with the starting runningback and offense with 3 or so seconds on the clock was a little classless. I also thought that running the ball with your starters just to maybe prove a point, or run up a score, or just to improve stats was a very classless thing to do. I hate playing against a jv and i think it is absolutely embarassing, but to JC what goes around comes around and i hope you all play a team that does the same to you.

Lastly, to all those JC fans out there saying that Hazard is no good and that we had no chance and should eat humble pie or w/e, i think that is bullcrap. You all are a awesome 5a team so for you all to beat a good 1a team is supposed to happen...and did so the score explains itself. If we would have played you close then everyone would say well JC isnt as good as we thought and Hazard is a really good team. If we would have somehow beat you all tonite then it would have been the upset of the century. So in reality Hazard had nothing to lose tonite and everything to gain. So why are JC fans bragging?

I give JC's players all the respect in the world and I wish all of them good luck and hope the best for them and hope they do great....and am happy as heck for their win and for their season and will say we were beat by a better team. As for everybody else coaching staff and fan base....i believe you all are some classless rednecks as proven by tonite and previous BGR threads.

Whoa there....rednecks? classless? those are some strong words there....go back and read some of the posts from hazard.
also...I seen quite a few underclassmen out there playing tonight...and another thing...nobody said hazard wasn't a good team...just not as good as JC...Good Luck the rest of your season
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Whoa there....rednecks? classless? those are some strong words there....go back and read some of the posts from hazard.

Ive read all the posts from the previous threads....and i remember one "gentleman" from JC saying come on over and we'll meet in the parking lot and threatening violence. I am saying this by personal opinion by the way we were treated by the fans...and by the way the coaches played out the game.

Im sure not all of you are redneck and some of your fans give you a bad name...i apoligize for that but still...

The underclassmen must have been on defense only because offense was all starters....i promise you.

I also said on previous BGR threads and tonite @ the game not on this particular thread.

Good luck to you all im just saying this toward fans and coaches from JC
OldDawg Wrote:Well first off, I want to say congrats Johnson Central....you all are a very very very good football team who (if not for highlands on your side of the bracket) would and should win a 5a state championship. You all kicked our butts all over the field and I give you all the deserving credit for having the best o-line ive ever seen and one of the best runningbacks i have seen.

There were a large number of JV players playing that whole second half for Central. Jude, the back who carried for 100+ yards in the second half, is a freshman and he got the bulk of the carries. In fact, he carried the ball more times in the game than Richardson and Dillon did combined. Many freshmen and sophomores were in there the whole second half. Hall, the backup QB, played almost the entire second half, and he's a sophomore.

Why do you think Hazard scored two TDs the second half? Because Dixon kept Olinger in there throwing passes the whole second half against a largely JV defense for JC instead of running the ball and trying to get the game over and get out of there. Perhaps the constant passing in the second half is why Dillon and Richardson got the occasional carry. This works both ways. If you want a team to take it easy on you, you don't go in there throwing on the backups.

If you want a team to call off the dogs, call off your own dogs too, and don't try to score touchdowns on JV players with your starters and make it look like you started some awesome comeback in the second half. Central could've run for 800 plus yards tonight and made your team famous for entirely the wrong reasons. Be glad they didn't.
OldDawg Wrote:Ive read all the posts from the previous threads....and i remember one "gentleman" from JC saying come on over and we'll meet in the parking lot and threatening violence. I am saying this by personal opinion by the way we were treated by the fans...and by the way the coaches played out the game.

Im sure not all of you are redneck and some of your fans give you a bad name...i apoligize for that but still...

The underclassmen must have been on defense only because offense was all starters....i promise you.

I also said on previous BGR threads and tonite @ the game not on this particular thread.

Good luck to you all im just saying this toward fans and coaches from JC

I do agree on one part. Some of our fans do get a little ridiculous on here, and some of them do run their mouths way more than is called for. By and large, you won't get that from the fans you meet at games, though. Most of us come to games prepared to cheer 110 percent, in hopes that the boys and coaches give 110 percent as well, and that's all we ask for in life. We're good people for the most part in Johnson County, we just really, really care about this football team. We just don't all...express it the same way.

I think Hazard apparently has a fine football team. And I think they'll do quite well in Class A.

But to accuse a coach who deliberately goes out of his way to NOT run up the score of running up the score gets under my skin. Because he will NOT do it, even in games where many, many of us fans (and most JC fans know which game I'm speaking of) really, really wish he would. In that respect, it's probably good he's the coach. Big Grin
Diogenes Wrote:There were a large number of JV players playing that whole second half for Central. Jude, the back who carried for 100+ yards in the second half, is a freshman and he got the bulk of the carries. In fact, he carried the ball more times in the game than Richardson and Dillon did combined. Many freshmen and sophomores were in there the whole second half. Hall, the backup QB, played almost the entire second half, and he's a sophomore.

Why do you think Hazard scored two TDs the second half? Because Dixon kept Olinger in there throwing passes the whole second half against a largely JV defense for JC instead of running the ball and trying to get the game over and get out of there. Perhaps the constant passing in the second half is why Dillon and Richardson got the occasional carry. This works both ways. If you want a team to take it easy on you, you don't go in there throwing on the backups.

If you want a team to call off the dogs, call off your own dogs too, and don't try to score touchdowns on JV players with your starters and make it look like you started some awesome comeback in the second half. Central could've run for 800 plus yards tonight and made your team famous for entirely the wrong reasons. Be glad they didn't.

Diogenes

Thank you for a very good and accurate response to a totally BUSH comment by another poster. I was at the game and saw the same thing. Hall at QB, Jude carrying the ball, Ousley at FB. Also saw a lot of back up linemen. On defense the line was entirely subs except for one series. Saw Zach Salyer, Jordan Pelphrey, Travis Lackey and MANY others on defense. To critize our coaching staff for trying to run up the score is sad. If they had played the starters as much as you say, it would have been in the neighborhood of 84-10. Also, when you are critical of our fans, remember we all know people from rival schools that set up accounts on this site with user names so they can start trouble.
I can promise you that JC didn't play their starters on Offense or Defense the entire game. If they had it would have been at least 84-10. JC won every aspect of this game from the start. They did to Hazard about as much as they did with Paintsville. And I will say that Hazard and Paintsville are not bad teams. They just don't have the weapons to beat a team like JC. So no need to bash the Coaches. They actually did you guys a favor by NOT running up the score.

As for the fans, well you get all kinds no matter where you go! You have good people here in Johnson Co. But there are always those that get on here, just a handful usually, and run their mouths and such. Some of the Hazard posters (just a few) were extremely arrogant when any true football fan that follows sports knew the outcome of this one before it started. There are rednecks in Johnson Co. and in Perry Co. so you just have to live with it. But most are just kids in high school or adults with no life! The majority of people in Johnson Co. and Perry Co. are good people.

Good luck to JC and Hazard the rest of the season. I'm sure both will do well in the playoffs for their classes.
From on "Redneck to another"...I can't stand Florida Gators QB Tim Tebow, but I agree with a statement he once said about "Running up the Score"..."Our job is not to quit playing, your job is to try to stop us". Nobody ever says anything if JC does bad, but if they succeed then everybody is against them. Just like the Apple Bowl talk, people say that game should be stopped. You only hear that talk now that JC is winning the majority and last night, should JC have went over to the Middle School and suited those players up, just so Hazard could try and succeed? You are suppossed to teach your kids to never give up and at with 5:00 min to play in the 1st Q, that is exactly what the "Dogs" did, they decided to get back on the porch! Good Luck to Hazard on the rest of their season, I do see them going far and to JC, keep it going.

To assume that all of JC's fans are classless rednecks is wrong on your part. Go back and look at the ones who have written those posts and you will find that yes that may be true for some - but not all. Your post in itself, with the exception of your praise for our team - is also classless and redneck. I'm not saying you are - but your post is. Presumption can make people say and do things that make them look silly and immature.
congrats JC.
Hazard played a very good team not only in class 5a but a top team in the state. The difference between the remainder of the season for hazard and johnson are that hazard has to beat paintsville pikeville and lca or raceland to make it to louisville. Johnson has to go through Highlands. Last night what johnson did that will kill them is that they fumbled the ball about 5 times and hazard recovered 3 of them. Highlands will murder them if they turn the ball over like that. But Good game johnson and good job hazard this game can only make you better.
Hazard is a decent 1A team. They had no chance against Johnson Central.
Diogenes Wrote:There were a large number of JV players playing that whole second half for Central. Jude, the back who carried for 100+ yards in the second half, is a freshman and he got the bulk of the carries. In fact, he carried the ball more times in the game than Richardson and Dillon did combined. Many freshmen and sophomores were in there the whole second half. Hall, the backup QB, played almost the entire second half, and he's a sophomore.

Excellent post. Obviously this dawg just needed something to bark at. You cant expect a team to totally roll over and let you back in the game, and that is what Dixon appeared to want the way he continued to call the game in the 2nd half.
I am am the one who said something about a parking lot! I did not threaten anyone. Look at the post that I quoted on, and then judge me. As I stated I did not threaten anyone just offered the chump who said what he said to say it in person. I for one love the kids that play at JC and support this team. If you want to label me as a redneck then do so. But that would be the kettle calling the kettle black. Hazard has a good 1A football team and wish them all the luck and a injury free season. As far as the running up of the score, it did not happen as stated on here the jv played as much as the starters.
Bac2369 should tell you I never got out of line with him, just stated facts. So if I was trying to be a red neck then why not be a red neck to all Hazard fans. I believe everyone on here should support their team and have their own opinion.
What is all this talk about running up the score? That is is garbage when I here posters get on here and complain about running up the score. There are very few instances when running up the score bothers me. But for the most part all I got to say is this, "get better and learn to play defense!" Then you don't have to worry about people running up the score.
Originally Posted by bearcountry View Post
wat r u talking bout last year 10 years ago crap man let me ask u this did u ever play football er did u just set on the sidelines and watch the game..? my point is the reason for talking bout the past and the future is because JCHS sucked back last year the year before that and 10 years ago how bout that and now they suck even more and yes hazard will come to play and they will win by alot so all i have to say is go DAWGS.

!!WE ARE HAZARD!!........COME AND GET SOME EGALES YA'LL BE FLYING BACK TO UR NEXT AFTER HAZARD GETS DOWN WITH YOU ALL....

This is not red neck at all! This is when I said something about him meeting me for parking arrangements. Just saying to type something like that over the internet is cowardly.
Maybe this should be the end of the series, then. JC gets nothing by beating up on a 1A school and Hazard gains nothing but an embarrassing loss.