Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Patriotism?
DevilsWin Wrote:You are one of the lost causes. No more debating with you for me.

Think about how much fun we have debating. We could not have done this 25 years ago. Have A Super Week!
Jshort5 Wrote:Nope, Im trying to infer that you knew what you were talking about. You should have called him Mohammad Ali throughout the post, we aren't talking about the time period when his name was Cassius Clay.:redboxer:

My most sincere and humble apologies if I have upset your delicate sensibilities.
DevilsWin Wrote:Christian's try to make others feel bad for not being Christian. (You're going to **** if you don't believe the way we do)

They've been doing it for 100's of years.

You may remember The Crusades from World History class or perhaps the Spanish Inquisition.

Christians try to make others feel bad for not being Christian. But yet you have personally posted on here belittling christian messages. That's hypocritical! Nonetheless, no one has ever claimed christians were perfect. They are humans and tend to mess up just the same as everyone else.

Jews were God's chosen people, yet they rebelled and sinned as well. You see, it is not about the Crusades or the Spanish Inquisition or what any christian has ever said to you. Your battle is in the wrong place. The point is christians, who have sincerely put their faith in Christ are forgiven by God. They'll still mess up and possibly even say or do things sometimes that are wrong. It's part of human nature after the fall of man. The main difference between a non-believer and a believer is that one is forgiven and the other is not. So one will mess up while trying to do what is right, and will ask forgiveness. The other will mess up trying to do what serves their thoughts best and not ask forgiveness. One puts faith in Christ for mercy, and the other puts faith in their self to try and be good. According the the bible, only one will be saved - the believer. Pick your side!
In my humble opinion, patriotism is putting your country before yourself. To be a patriot means you would fight for and die for your country and the things that it stands for. It doesn't mean you have to believe everything it does is perfect, but that you believe it stands for what is right, especially in comparison to other governments in the world. It means you vote for matters and stand up for what you believe in. To be a patriot is to be faithful and positive to your country.

I don't believe Ali was patriotic in his choices. I believe the soldiers during Viet Nam were very patriotic, even though they had to make choices that would keep them safe. They were out there on the fighting lines - either voluntarily or through the draft. They responded to the call and didn't back out for selfish reasons. They were scowled out because of it, but they were truly patriotic. Ali could have responded and fought. He could have still had the same opinion of the war, but because he chose to put his country before his own selfish beliefs, he would have been patriotic. He did not. Instead, he participated in what much of the country did in belittling the soldiers who fought for our country whether they agreed with it or not because they believed our country stood for what was good and right.
lawrencefan Wrote:My most sincere and humble apologies if I have upset your delicate sensibilities.

:lmao:
This one has run it's course and is about to get out of hand.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]