Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football facility pictures.
Looks nice.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
The only problem that I have is the seating isn't done right. They have visitor seat that are mobile on the other side.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:View from Press box...
Where are the Visitors bleachers???
Super nice field! I can't wait to make the trip over for the first game this year. Elaborate a little more on your jumbotron. Do they have someone filming the game and show us playbacks or what? It looks like there's no visitor's side. The kids must be very proud of this field!
Yes they do.Studens film the game and they put it on the jumbo tron. As for the visitors, you can set in the mobile one or you can set on the same side as the home side.
Any word mama bear on a future black bear field? Still don't know that much about you guys. What are the plans for the fields? Our baseball field is done, but who knows how long it will take for the rest of the fields to be built. We needed a track field more than anything. The only sport where we can't have a home game.
We're are staying optimistic! We need the state to dish out some more dough our way. We will be playing on Cawood's old field this year. They have given it a "face lift" to do until we recieve the funding. Our county is a HUGE coal producer. HUGE. We are thankful for it, but folks seem to get a little "tiffed" when they see all this coal severance money going to other counties. The young men and women in Harlan County will be going to school in one of the nicest fascilities in the state and we want a sports fascility to match it. We have the land, the blue prints drawn up of what it will be, and workers ready to go! But no cash Sad

I'm tickled to see how nice the field is over in Letcher County! I have heard how nice your school is also. These mountian kids deserve to have nice things like the rest of the state. Unless things change, we have two huge barren fields and no football/track, no baseball field. It's sad for the kids. I wish somebody in Frankfort would fight for us.
Mama Bear Wrote:We're are staying optimistic! We need the state to dish out some more dough our way. We will be playing on Cawood's old field this year. They have given it a "face lift" to do until we recieve the funding. Our county is a HUGE coal producer. HUGE. We are thankful for it, but folks seem to get a little "tiffed" when they see all this coal severance money going to other counties. The young men and women in Harlan County will be going to school in one of the nicest fascilities in the state and we want a sports fascility to match it. We have the land, the blue prints drawn up of what it will be, and workers ready to go! But no cash Sad

I'm tickled to see how nice the field is over in Letcher County! I have heard how nice your school is also. These mountian kids deserve to have nice things like the rest of the state. Unless things change, we have two huge barren fields and no football/track, no baseball field. It's sad for the kids. I wish somebody in Frankfort would fight for us.

You should see the baseball field, it is close to completion and is super nice.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Yes they do.Studens film the game and they put it on the jumbo tron. As for the visitors, you can set in the mobile one or you can set on the same side as the home side.

And they do an excellent job.:thumpsup: The whole facility really has a great atmosphere not only during but leading up to the game.
Oh we're not gonna let a little thing like no football field dampen our spirits! There's already talk of tailgating going on. It should be a great evening for mountain football when we come to "your all's" house in August. I hope we are successful this year. The coaches and the boys have alot of expectations placed on them this year. I believe they'll be ready.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:And they do an excellent job.:thumpsup: The whole facility really has a great atmosphere not only during but leading up to the game.
I actually went up there today to take some pictures of the baseball field. I didn't go into the concession stand area or inside the coaches offices or umpire changing room. I also didn't get to go into the teams clubhouse which is attached to our home dugout. Yeah, you heard me right, lol..I heard that the press box area has blue tiles which will look unreal. But I will get those pictures attached to the baseball thread hopefully tomorrow and add the pictures of the press box and clubhouse.
DevilsWin Wrote:Where are the Visitors bleachers???

The visitors get the right side of the bleachers as the home fans get the left side and middle.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I actually went up there today to take some pictures of the baseball field. I didn't go into the concession stand area or inside the coaches offices or umpire changing room. I also didn't get to go into the teams clubhouse which is attached to our home dugout. Yeah, you heard me right, lol..I heard that the press box area has blue tiles which will look unreal. But I will get those pictures attached to the baseball thread hopefully tomorrow and add the pictures of the press box and clubhouse.

It's a really impressive facility, especially the pressbox area that you're talking about. I would imagine they will now be able to carry most home baseball games on the radio with that kind of a set up.
Mama Bear Wrote:Oh we're not gonna let a little thing like no football field dampen our spirits! There's already talk of tailgating going on. It should be a great evening for mountain football when we come to "your all's" house in August. I hope we are successful this year. The coaches and the boys have alot of expectations placed on them this year. I believe they'll be ready.

I'm sure it will be great. We play our first game on a Thursday night and the Harlan County/ LCC game is the next day so hopefully I will be able to make it in to see it.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Yes they do.Stu dens film the game and they put it on the jumbo tron. As for the visitors, you can set in the mobile one or you can set on the same side as the home side.

That is awesome that these kids can get that type of training. I done a few EKU games when I went there you talk about exciting being right up on the goal line when one team is trying to score and the other is trying to stop them. I also worked a few games when I worked at WYMT. That was way back when pikeville college had just started a football program, I think the had just started someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I can remember going off to college and thinking about how much more opportunities kids had away from here, with LCC and HC looks like we set.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I'm sure it will be great. We play our first game on a Thursday night and the Harlan County/ LCC game is the next day so hopefully I will be able to make it in to see it.

We're playing back to back nights?:confused:
Don't forget about the cougar head the boys come out of.
Jshort5 Wrote:We're playing back to back nights?:confused:

I was talking about KCU/ UVA Wise on Thursday.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Don't forget about the cougar head the boys come out of.

I almost forgot, that is pretty awesoem.
We need a mascot that runs around the field. They can use the costume all year round for football and basketball games.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The visitors get the right side of the bleachers as the home fans get the left side and middle.

Whoever decided that should be hanged!

I hate football complexes without bleachers are on both sides.
DevilsWin Wrote:Whoever decided that should be hanged!

I hate football complexes without bleachers are on both sides.
That is how Pikeville is as well. It often causes problems with fans getting mad when the students move down to that end to get a better view of the play and have to stand in front of opposing teams fans. It almost got really bad one year against Williamsburg.
Have the playoff game agains Whitley Co on dvd. Trying to rip out the scene where the run through the cougar head. Smile
mama bear<---get a pic of your field if you can. Just wondering what it looks like.
cougarpride08 Wrote:mama bear<---get a pic of your field if you can. Just wondering what it looks like.

She said earlier that they don't have a field. Harlan County will used Cawood's field.
LCC has a real nice field.. played a jv game there
cougarpride08 Wrote:mama bear<---get a pic of your field if you can. Just wondering what it looks like.

I'll work on getting a recent picture of Cawood's field. I think Patriot might have one from a month or so ago. They put the new goal posts in today from what I understand.
Between Letcher and Belfry who has the nicest facility....I like Letcher due to the location of the weight rooms and how easy it is to access.
qbdad2011 Wrote:Between Letcher and Belfry who has the nicest facility....I like Letcher due to the location of the weight rooms and how easy it is to access.
LCC Pro's
- Chairback Seats

- Jumbotron

Belfry Pros
- Belfry has ample visitor seating. LCC, not so much.

-LCC has one way in and one way out, and once you do get out it is a two lane road. Belfry is very easily accessible with two entrances onto a 4 lane highway.

-Parking... and lots more of it.

-Size, Belfry is much larger.

-Completely handicap friendly

PUSH
-Access to weight facilities, Belfry's is on the main concourse above the home lockerroom, just as accessible as LCC's if not more.

-Turf, obvious.

- Concession Stands/Restrooms
the only thing we are really missing is some business to pay to have advertisment<----spell wrong sorry, on the fences. Does anyone know where our district champ and regional runner up be put at in the field?