Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SV's Justice to Arkansas?
Survivor Wrote:You can bad mouth me all you want, but the truth is this kid doesn't have a chance playing major college basketball. Truth is the truth. Great honor to get the inivite, but if he plays college basketball it will be in the NAIA ranks. Not nocking the NAIA, there are some really good players at that level and usually the good small point guard ends up there because they just can't compete with the big guards at the D1 level. I wish him the best,but you folks are dreaming.
last time i seen Travis Ford he wasnt ducking to walk through doorways and he played D1 never seen Justice play so cant comment on how good he is but good luck to him hope it works out
HazzBeen Wrote:Survivor,

This thread says nothing about someone signing D1 or thinking they are D1. This thread is about telling others the conversations Elisha had with Florida and Arkansas over the past week or so. Everyone else is saying congrats, etc. and you have all this negativity about he's not D1, he is NAIA, people are dreaming, etc.

Have you ever looked at just your post. You have to be one of the most negative people I have seen on a message board unless it deals with Hazard and then you are on the defensive.

Go to church and get saved, then you won't be so jealous, judgemental, and critical of others and boast only of yourself and your team. It helps to be humble. If you knew Elisha, you would know what I am talking about.

I just tell it like it is, if you can't accept the facts, that's your problem. Most of you people on here live in a dream world for you kid or friend. I just tell it from a non-biased opinion. I just happen to belong to church by the way. See ya Sunday.Smile
Survivor,

First of all I did not bad mouth you.

I would say Mr. Justice has comparable talent to Landon Slone right now, seeing them on the same floor, playing against one another. Mr . Slone has ended up as a prefered walk on at Kentucky, and the fact that Slone accepted this status, I feel is great, I wish him all the best, and seeing how Gillespie coaches, If he works hard, he may see some floor time.

Like I said in my original post, Justice has a great potential to grow, as his brother is over 6' and his father is over 6'.

My prediction is, barring injury, he gets an opportunity at a D1 school, just how high a level of school depends on his growth and development.

Knowing this young man, I have never known a young man his age who has his type of work ethic or passion for the game. If anyone desires the opportunity, it is Justice.
Survivor,

After reading all of your other posts, the Scripture says, Jealousy is crueler than the grave.

This is my last post on the subject.
And NO, we are not living in a dream world.
Nice Post. However, scriptural posts and church references are irrelevant to this site IMO!
Preacher Wrote:Survivor,

First of all I did not bad mouth you.

I would say Mr. Justice has comparable talent to Landon Slone right now, seeing them on the same floor, playing against one another. Mr . Slone has ended up as a prefered walk on at Kentucky, and the fact that Slone accepted this status, I feel is great, I wish him all the best, and seeing how Gillespie coaches, If he works hard, he may see some floor time.

Like I said in my original post, Justice has a great potential to grow, as his brother is over 6' and his father is over 6'.

My prediction is, barring injury, he gets an opportunity at a D1 school, just how high a level of school depends on his growth and development.

Knowing this young man, I have never known a young man his age who has his type of work ethic or passion for the game. If anyone desires the opportunity, it is Justice.

He's no where close to the talent of Slone. Keep praying preacher your family member just might grow to be 6'.
Survivor Wrote:He's no where close to the talent of Slone. Keep praying preacher your family member just might grow to be 6'.

Now this is funny. Did Landon go to Florida's elite camp? If so then they might be on the same level, if not then i think Elisha has the upper hand on him going into his Junior season. The boy has about 2 years to grow. He can hit 6' or even more.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Now this is funny. Did Landon go to Florida's elite camp? If so then they might be on the same level, if not then i think Elisha has the upper hand on him going into his Junior season. The boy has about 2 years to grow. He can hit 6' or even more.

Wasn't Landon All-state his soph.-senior yearsRolleyes...Elisha is 17 right?:confused:...Landon is just 18 and he's a senior...Elisha is very quick, fast hands, good handles, has great shot selection, has a decent shot...That would be my same assessment for Rajon Rondo, except Rondo has got him in wingspan and height by 2 or so inches...Not saying Justice is the next Rondo, but he is just a soph. right now and has two more years to get even better...IMO, his shot needs alittle work.

2008-2009
Pred. Stats(IMO)

Justice

17ppg.
6apg.
5rpg.
4spg.
The Fan Wrote:last time i seen Travis Ford he wasnt ducking to walk through doorways and he played D1 never seen Justice play so cant comment on how good he is but good luck to him hope it works out

I'm sure I'll take a beating, but lets not compare the two....at least not yet
letthebighogroot Wrote:I'm sure I'll take a beating, but lets not compare the two....at least not yet
Let's not, Elisha is already a much better defensive player.Big Grin
alleycat53 Wrote:Let's not, Elisha is already a much better defensive player.Big Grin

That may be....However you just don't see many 5'9" lockdown defenders in major D 1 basketball. Wonder why?Confusedhh:
I saw on a another website that he was listed on a team at Ky's Elite camp this weekend. Can anyone confirm this or have any updates on how things went?
I just dont understand why everyone is getting so upset. Survivor has his own opinion and we have ours, I dont care what anyone else says.
5timechamp Wrote:I saw on a another website that he was listed on a team at Ky's Elite camp this weekend. Can anyone confirm this or have any updates on how things went?

Yes, Elisha attended UK's elite camp this weekend.
Survivor Wrote:He's no where close to the talent of Slone. Keep praying preacher your family member just might grow to be 6'.

Bill Mike said that Justice was the best point guard to ever play in the 15th region. He said it on the pregame radio before the Paintsville-Shelby Valley regional game this year.

I value Bill Mike's opinion.

Justice will play Division I somewhere. It may not be big time D1 but it will be somewhere D1.
If Bill Mike really thinks that highly of Justice he may have put in a word to Pelphrey.
Even if the kid doesn't end up in Fayetteville or Gainsville, it is a great honor to even get invited to those camps at UF and ARK respectively. I hope he makes a good showing and either or both camps and gets his name out there even more. Good luck, kid, and I wish you nothing but the best in the future.
I believe that Travis Ford played D1 basketball at UK, and he is not very tall at all. He is not a bad coach either.:Thumbs:
the kid is an awesome player and will play D1 somewhere he is very fast and i think will shoot better than people excpect this upcoming season dont know the kid but just a feeling
Beefhide Wrote:I believe that Travis Ford played D1 basketball at UK, and he is not very tall at all. He is not a bad coach either.:Thumbs:

Again, lets not compare the two. Anyone that thinks Justice is on Ford's level as of now needs to put down the glass of SV koolaid that they are drinking. He isn't any better than at least two other point guards in eastern ky. Faulkner from Elliott and Whitaker from Hazard. And as of now he and his team have done nothing on the state level. I'm not bashing him, he is a fine player and will only get better, but good lord...........lets be realistic.
Elisha attended the UK elite camp last weekend. Didn't hear any stats about him, but it's just an honor being there along the likes of the big time recruits UK has coming in.
Elisha is a very good player, he can shoot, handle the ball and jump very well for someone his size. He will play basketball at the next level if he continues to develop and work at his game.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Again, lets not compare the two. Anyone that thinks Justice is on Ford's level as of now needs to put down the glass of SV koolaid that they are drinking. He isn't any better than at least two other point guards in eastern ky. Faulkner from Elliott and Whitaker from Hazard. And as of now he and his team have done nothing on the state level. I'm not bashing him, he is a fine player and will only get better, but good lord...........lets be realistic.

AMEN! Finally, someone with a brain!:rockon:

You might want to take off the Paintsville colored glasses and see that Elisha is pretty close in talent to Landon. You sound just like the people on here who have doubted Landon for the past couple of seasons. I don't hear anyone on here saying that Elisha will go to a D1 school and dominate, but that he does stand a chance to go to one because of his work ethic and desire.
I agree Dorton Wildcat.