Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SV's Justice to Arkansas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This past weekend Arkansas's head coach John Pelphry called Shelby Valley's sophomore point guard, Elisha Justice, to personally invite him to their elite camp in August. Coach Pelphry told Elisha to call him once a week to let him know how things are going. Pelphry also said that they need to sign a point guard out of Elisha's class (2010) and they are seriously looking at him. They will monitor his progress over the next two seasons and want Elisha to keep in contact with them once a week. I believe the attention Elisha is receiving will open the doors for a few more on SV's team. Congrats Elisha and keep up the hardwork.
This is major, keep working hard young man and stay humble!
I was just told this news by his mother this morning. I am extremely happy for him. I have said it many times and I'll say it again--no athlete I have ever been around deserves this more than Elisha. He absolutely works his butt off to get better and more athletes could learn from his work ethic. He is a special player who any coach would be lucky to get to coach. Congrats Elisha!
How cool would that be? I hope to see the kid sporting the Hogs uniform in the future..congrats Elisha..
That is great!! Awesome chance for him. He is getting recognized alot this year!!
Is he going to Arkansas or Florida Camp? or both?
Thats awesome, I wish nothing but the best for Elisha.
Not too surprising since Donovan contacted him. But that would be awesome for him to play in Fayetteville!
Awesome news! Very well deserving to this kid!
So he hasent signed yet, might want to change the name of the topic
RavenBoy Wrote:Is he going to Arkansas or Florida Camp? or both?

Florida since they invited first and the camps are so close together.
Wonder if he will hear anything from BCG?
Money Maker Wrote:Wonder if he will hear anything from BCG?

I heard Duke, UK, North Carolina, Kansas are all looking for a 5'9 point guard.
Survivor Wrote:I heard Duke, UK, North Carolina, Kansas are all looking for a 5'9 point guard.

Take your sarcasm to another thread!
Hey, Mr Survivor.

I for one thank it's a big deal for schools to be at least looking at a kid from this area.

Justice is a junior this coming year and has a great potential to grow more.
Attending these camps (Florida and/or Arkansas Elite Camps) does not guarantee this young man anything, but the opportunity to showcase his ability. Sometimes that is all that is needed.

If he makes a good showing, then more schools will begin looking at him and therefore more attention from maybe other upper level Division 1 schools.

Alot can happen in two years of growth and development for Justice or even a number of kids in Eastern Kentucky. My feeling is lets not try to belittle the opportunities that present themselves for our kids.
HazzBeen Wrote: This past weekend Arkansas's head coach John Pelphry called Shelby Valley's sophomore point guard, Elisha Justice, to personally invite him to their elite camp in August. Coach Pelphry told Elisha to call him once a week to let him know how things are going. Pelphry also said that they need to sign a point guard out of Elisha's class (2010) and they are seriously looking at him. They will monitor his progress over the next two seasons and want Elisha to keep in contact with them once a week. I believe the attention Elisha is receiving will open the doors for a few more on SV's team. Congrats Elisha and keep up the hardwork.

Its Spelled Pelphrey, I should im his 2nd cousin.lol, I hope Elisha can be a Razarback.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Its Spelled Pelphrey, I should im his 2nd cousin.lol, I hope Elisha can be a Razarback.

I'm pretty sure its razor back.
Survivor Wrote:I heard Duke, UK, North Carolina, Kansas are all looking for a 5'9 point guard.

Lame.

Preacher Wrote:Hey, Mr Survivor.

I for one thank it's a big deal for schools to be at least looking at a kid from this area.

Attending these camps (Florida and/or Arkansas Elite Camps) does not guarantee this young man anything, but the opportunity to showcase his ability. Sometimes that is all that is needed.

If he makes a good showing, then more schools will begin looking at him and therefore more attention from maybe other upper level Division 1 schools.

Alot can happen in two years of growth and development for Justice or even a number of kids in Eastern Kentucky. My feeling is lets not try to belittle the opportunities that present themselves for our kids.

Excellent post. :Clap:
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I'm pretty sure its razor back.

hehehe That was funny.. however..
Im pretty sure it's Razorback.. Wink Smile
Brittany0121 Wrote:hehehe That was funny.. however..
Im pretty sure it's Razorback.. Wink Smile

Im pretty suire I stand corrected. I noticed it after I posted it.
Good to see a kid from the mountains get so much attention. Hopefully he does well at these camps and represents the mountains well!
I have a link, but can't upload it from home. Will add it in the morning.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Im pretty suire I stand corrected. I noticed it after I posted it.

I was just givin ya a hard time. It's no biggie.. Big Grin
This isnt a Clint Stepp thread!
Preacher Wrote:Hey, Mr Survivor.

You can bad mouth me all you want, but the truth is this kid doesn't have a chance playing major college basketball. Truth is the truth. Great honor to get the inivite, but if he plays college basketball it will be in the NAIA ranks. Not nocking the NAIA, there are some really good players at that level and usually the good small point guard ends up there because they just can't compete with the big guards at the D1 level. I wish him the best,but you folks are dreaming.
keep working hard,,
Survivor Wrote:You can bad mouth me all you want, but the truth is this kid doesn't have a chance playing major college basketball. Truth is the truth. Great honor to get the inivite, but if he plays college basketball it will be in the NAIA ranks. Not nocking the NAIA, there are some really good players at that level and usually the good small point guard ends up there because they just can't compete with the big guards at the D1 level. I wish him the best,but you folks are dreaming.

Survivor,

This thread says nothing about someone signing D1 or thinking they are D1. This thread is about telling others the conversations Elisha had with Florida and Arkansas over the past week or so. Everyone else is saying congrats, etc. and you have all this negativity about he's not D1, he is NAIA, people are dreaming, etc.

Have you ever looked at just your post. You have to be one of the most negative people I have seen on a message board unless it deals with Hazard and then you are on the defensive.

Go to church and get saved, then you won't be so jealous, judgemental, and critical of others and boast only of yourself and your team. It helps to be humble. If you knew Elisha, you would know what I am talking about.
HazzBeen Wrote:If you knew Elisha, you would know what I am talking about.

What does that suppost to me?
I have no earthly! :eek:
I think you should have to take some kind of test to obtain rights to post on this site. It's quite ridiculous the small amount of things some people understand.

HazzBeen was referring to, that if you knew Elisha you would know there is no reason to be negative toward him, he's a great kid, works harder than anyone I know, and would do anything for anyone.
Survivor Wrote:You can bad mouth me all you want, but the truth is this kid doesn't have a chance playing major college basketball. Truth is the truth. Great honor to get the inivite, but if he plays college basketball it will be in the NAIA ranks. Not nocking the NAIA, there are some really good players at that level and usually the good small point guard ends up there because they just can't compete with the big guards at the D1 level. I wish him the best,but you folks are dreaming.

He may not end up playing D1 ball, but I for one would never count him out. If there was ever anyone who could beat the odds (his size and where he is from), it would be Elisha. He is an amazing human being. I am not related to him, but as a former coach of his, I am as big a fan as anyone. Keep working hard Elisha and you never know what may happen.
Pages: 1 2