Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co Lady Pirates 08-09
I think that this could be the year Powell Co. breaks inot the top 2 or 3 in the region with a little improvement on their bench they could be right up their with Breathitt Co. this season.
Powell has good talent every year and what happens? They get satisfied by winning a very weak district and get blown out in the regional tourney. Am I wrong?
You are not wrong in saying that Powell Co. doesn't play well when they get to the region but I think that is their coaches fault. To me Powell Co. has been in need of a new girls coach for 3 or 4 years now. I think if they had a young coach that would put in the time they could be a regional contender every year because they have a large school and a good pool of players to pick from. I seen somewere that their middle school team had been very good for the last couple of years it will be a shame if those girls don't get pushed as hard as they need to be and don't reach their highest playing level.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:You are not wrong in saying that Powell Co. doesn't play well when they get to the region but I think that is their coaches fault. To me Powell Co. has been in need of a new girls coach for 3 or 4 years now. I think if they had a young coach that would put in the time they could be a regional contender every year because they have a large school and a good pool of players to pick from. I seen somewere that their middle school team had been very good for the last couple of years it will be a shame if those girls don't get pushed as hard as they need to be and don't reach their highest playing level.

The 7th grade girls just lost their first game in two seasons this year. They compete with teams like Montgomery, Clark, and Madison Co teams. They'll be ready by the time they reach high school.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:You are not wrong in saying that Powell Co. doesn't play well when they get to the region but I think that is their coaches fault. To me Powell Co. has been in need of a new girls coach for 3 or 4 years now. I think if they had a young coach that would put in the time they could be a regional contender every year because they have a large school and a good pool of players to pick from. I seen somewere that their middle school team had been very good for the last couple of years it will be a shame if those girls don't get pushed as hard as they need to be and don't reach their highest playing level.

I disagree with you about the coach. The Lady Pirates have a fine coach. The Lady Pirates will make a run for the region title this year.
Time will tell and Powell will have their chance to prove themselves early on in the season by playing in PCC's KICKOFF TOURNEY if they can win that then they will start getting a lot more looks at being a big contenter this year. As I said earlier in this topic I think Powell Co. may be the 2nd best team in the region but they have to prove it. I just don't think that Powell's coach gets everything he should out of his players. The teams he had with SARAH TIPTON and CANDI WALLS should have been at the top of the region and never did much at all. He should make his schedule a lot harder he has a lot shorter trip to Lexington and L-Ville and never plays any of the top teams. You have to play better teams to get better.
WHO IS THE GIRLS MIDDLE SCHOOL COACH AT POWELL Co.
Powell is a very good team they just need to stay healthy and win some games there not spose to
Reds#1Fan Wrote:WHO IS THE GIRLS MIDDLE SCHOOL COACH AT POWELL Co.

the coach is julie clark