Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co Lady Pirates 08-09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Returning 3 starters. Barnett will be the leader of this team next year. How does everyone think they will do?

Pg- Shelby Barnett( Senior leading Pg that is a very good passer-Imo top 5 in region)
Sg-Kelly Gibson (very good defensive player)
Sf- Meghan Mays( good defensive player)
Pf-Stevie Rogers( can step out and knock down the trey when needed)
C- Kendra McFarland( IMO top 3 player in region)

Bench- Ashley Howard, Lyndsey Roe, and the upcoming freshman girls are decent too

Powell co seems to have a bright future looking ahead to next year.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Returning 3 starters. Barnett will be the leader of this team next year. How does everyone think they will do?

Pg- Shelby Barnett( Senior leading Pg that is a very good passer-Imo top 5 in region)
Sg-Kelly Gibson (very good defensive player)
Sf- Meghan Mays( good defensive player)
Pf-Stevie Rogers( can step out and knock down the trey when needed)
C- Kendra McFarland( IMO top 3 player in region)

Bench- Ashley Howard, Lyndsey Roe, and the upcoming freshman girls are decent too

Powell co seems to have a bright future looking ahead to next year.

I agree. But I think that Ashley Howard will win a starting spot this year, IMO. I think the Lady Pirates will do good this year. They have the talent to be very, very good.
I watched Powell play PCC this season, I was very impressed with this team, not for sure on the girls name, but I think it was Barnett, she was all hustle and I was very impressed.
Lucky7 Wrote:I watched Powell play PCC this season, I was very impressed with this team, not for sure on the girls name, but I think it was Barnett, she was all hustle and I was very impressed.

Barnet is a very good player. Look for her to the the Lady Pirates back to a district title.
Powell girls always bring a good team no matter what seniors they lose. Powell in finals and another district title.
Dballer12 Wrote:Powell girls always bring a good team no matter what seniors they lose. Powell in finals and another district title.

Sounds like Powell Co. has some good things going on in their program. By years end, I think it will be Powell and Estill in the district final at Estill. Estill beat Powell at Estill last year late in the season. Home court advantage to the Engineers. Estill will win the district.
Dballer12 Wrote:Powell girls always bring a good team no matter what seniors they lose. Powell in finals and another district title.

I think that Powell will be strong this year and they have a good team defensive and offensive so they will be a good team no matter what. I think that it will come down to Powell and Estill in the district tournment but Powell can win it. How many seniors do they have this year anyway???
The_Balla Wrote:I think that Powell will be strong this year and they have a good team defensive and offensive so they will be a good team no matter what. I think that it will come down to Powell and Estill in the district tournment but Powell can win it. How many seniors do they have this year anyway???

Powell has three seniors i believe.
Shelby Barnett
Ashley Howard
Cassie Banks( Not sure if she is playing)
Yes that's correct. Banks is playing.
Yea Banks is playing... When does Powell Co. start playing?? Anyone know...
The_Balla Wrote:Yea Banks is playing... When does Powell Co. start playing?? Anyone know...

I think they may have a scrimmage this saturday.
I thought i heard that Ashley Howard quit....is this not true?
tonron20 Wrote:I thought i heard that Ashley Howard quit....is this not true?

I haven't heard anything... I don't think she did though... I hope not because she was a very talented player.
Yes they play Saturday. Ashley Howard did quit.
I think that Ashley Howard did quit..has anyone heard anything about some of the middle school girls playing with the high school team?
Where do they play on Saturday? And what time?
All the 8th graders went over to play for the freshmen team but you have four 7th graders that are over there practicing with the jv and varsity team...
The 8th graders are terrible but there are 7th graders who are really good. Maybe we can see just how good they are with the high schoolers..
Which 7th graders went, does any one know
same ones from the other post #00 #4 #23 #34 Nikki Erica Keeley and Kenzi except that #23 Keeley has a broke ankle right now and will be jan before she is back in action
Droppin'Dimes34 Wrote:Yes they play Saturday. Ashley Howard did quit.

Thats gonna be a tough for the Lady Pirates. Howard was a very good player that had some talent.
powell co girl are goin 2 do great this year... no one can stop Barnett or Rogers or McFarland... there are great players and will do great this year.... also rogers and McFarland still have there Senior years... they will be 1st or 2nd in the 14th............
do you think that it will come down to powell and breathitt for the district win
Powell Girls will still have a very good season they r a good team... Look for Barnett to have an outstanding senior season... Good Luck Lady Pirates
For U Wrote:do you think that it will come down to powell and breathitt for the district win

Do yuo mean Region win? Powell is not in Breathitt's district!
bobcat034 Wrote:powell co girl are goin 2 do great this year... no one can stop Barnett or Rogers or McFarland... there are great players and will do great this year.... also rogers and McFarland still have there Senior years... they will be 1st or 2nd in the 14th............

You are seriously suggesting that Barnett, Rogers, and McFarland will simply run wild against all opponents? Sounds to me like you shop at Hometown Foods.
hey now, hometown foods is a good place to shop, i like to go a just look around for fun but still it is a very nice store
Powell Co. beat Louisville Moore today 60 to 21.
Barnett, Rogers, and McFarland "ran wild" against them.
They looked better than I had expected.
Droppin'Dimes34 Wrote:Powell Co. beat Louisville Moore today 60 to 21.
Barnett, Rogers, and McFarland "ran wild" against them.
They looked better than I had expected.

The quality of one's competition most often determines performance. With that said, congrats to Powell.
Congrats Powell
I thought those 7th graders that played in the Powell/Louisville Moore game looked pretty good if i have to say so myself...of course they didn't get to play much but it was there first varsity action and i was impressed by them....
Pages: 1 2