Poll: Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville (29-3)
70.41%
Jeffersontown (26-5)
29.59%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeffersontown vs. Paintsville - March 19 (State Tournament)
I have said before and I'll stick by it. We have YET to see Paintsville at their BEST. And IMO we will see it at Rupp.

GO BIG BLUE...
EKY Sportster Wrote:I wouldn't! But would you that they won't??

Nope, because anything is possible, and I would never say J-town will win.
PC im sorry but i have noticed you are still upset that Valley lost and you are really wanting Paintsville to lose, and talking about every way in the world how Valley should have won in the other thread. Can you please just let it go:igiveup:,. Paintsville has a very good chance on winning this game, and just beacuse your Valley cats got beat by five doesnt mean Paintsville should or is going to get by 5-10 or how ever many you said. I could come up with alot of ways that Paintsville should have beet Valley by 20 but there is no point lol. Im sorry for getting off topic and singling you out PC but it just got a litte annoying.
BlueStripes Wrote:PC im sorry but i have noticed you are still upset that Valley lost and you are really wanting Paintsville to lose, and talking about every way in the world how Valley should have won in the other thread. Can you please just let it go:igiveup:,. Paintsville has a very good chance on winning this game, and just beacuse your Valley cats got beat by five doesnt mean Paintsville should or is going to get by 5-10 or how ever many you said. I could come up with alot of ways that Paintsville should have beet Valley by 20 but there is no point lol. Im sorry for getting off topic and singling you out PC but it just got a litte annoying.

lol, I support Paintsville and hope they win, I never said I want them to lose, you should really read through posts before you make statements about people.
Redneck Wrote:I have said before and I'll stick by it. We have YET to see Paintsville at their BEST. And IMO we will see it at Rupp.

GO BIG BLUE...

I believe their best was in the first quarter of the Paintsville- Valley game last night and we all know that they blew a 20 point lead and PROBABLY should have lost that game. So I really hope they do play their best against a team like J-town. Anyways, good luck Paintsville.
A-TRAIN Wrote:sad but true fact, the 15th region loses in the first round every year (except for Painstville with Vanhoose, Ratliff, Tackett), can't handle the pressure, no depth for the Tigers, playing against a quicker team, foul trouble will be the factor, j-town by 15

Look at Valley last year, SF, Valley, Valley, they all lose in the 1st round, Valley was actually favored to win the game last year agaist Elliott Co,

Lexington Catholic/Holmes vs Mason Co for the state championship,

"Write 'er down Ira"
1986 & 87 Paintsviile advanced past the 1st round! (Pelphrey, Couch, Baldwin, Minix, Adkins)
BlueStripes Wrote:PC im sorry but i have noticed you are still upset that Valley lost and you are really wanting Paintsville to lose, and talking about every way in the world how Valley should have won in the other thread. Can you please just let it go:igiveup:,. Paintsville has a very good chance on winning this game, and just beacuse your Valley cats got beat by five doesnt mean Paintsville should or is going to get by 5-10 or how ever many you said. I could come up with alot of ways that Paintsville should have beet Valley by 20 but there is no point lol. Im sorry for getting off topic and singling you out PC but it just got a litte annoying.
AMEN!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I believe their best was in the first quarter of the Paintsville- Valley game last night and we all know that they blew a 20 point lead and PROBABLY should have lost that game. So I really hope they do play their best against a team like J-town. Anyways, good luck Paintsville.

I wasn't there lastnight so IDK.
Redneck Wrote:I wasn't there lastnight so IDK.

So you didn't know that they had a 20 point lead and blew it to go behind in the 4th quarter? I thought that it would be all over the boards last night.
Lawrence Wrote:I seriously can't believe that anyone thinks that Paintsville has a chance of reaching the final four.
It is not likely, but anything can happen in Rupp........A school the size of Paintsville isn't even supposed to make the Sweet Sixteen! If it does happen, I will be one of the PHS fans that see it LIVE! See everyone in Lexington!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:So you didn't know that they had a 20 point lead and blew it to go behind in the 4th quarter? I thought that it would be all over the boards last night.
I was in Alabama tryin to keep up with the game on the computer in the hotel lobby but it was really jacked up. I knew they had a 20 point lead. "Blew it" probably aint the phrase I would use accordin to a few fans I have talked to from other schools. Once the refs started blowin their whistles out of their rearends Paintsville eased off on both ends so they wouldn't have 5 players with 3 fouls before halftime. And the sad part is, Paintsville had a 20 point lead and Landon wasn't even hittin anything. Had he even shot half as good as he usually does that lead coulda been 30+.
Redneck Wrote:I was in Alabama tryin to keep up with the game on the computer in the hotel lobby but it was really jacked up. I knew they had a 20 point lead. "Blew it" probably aint the phrase I would use accordin to a few fans I have talked to from other schools. Once the refs started blowin their whistles out of their rearends Paintsville eased off on both ends so they wouldn't have 5 players with 3 fouls before halftime. And the sad part is, Paintsville had a 20 point lead and Landon wasn't even hittin anything. Had he even shot half as good as he usually does that lead coulda been 30+.

So you saying this is different from me saying Valley would have won if Jake hadn't been hurt how?
Lawrence Wrote:I seriously can't believe that anyone thinks that Paintsville has a chance of reaching the final four.

Lawrence have you even ever watched Paintsville play??
They are def. going to make the final four and don't you be surprised if they don't win it all..
Lets get this thread back on-topic!
PC_You_Know Wrote:So you saying this is different from me saying Valley would have won if Jake hadn't been hurt how?

Don't bring Valley into this and IDK how it got off topic, they are at the house until summer ball. Time for the Wildcats to pick up their gloves and hit the diamond.

It's going to be an interesting match up, I'm gonna sleep on it and post my predictions and stuff tomorrow. 6:30 comes early.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:Lawrence have you even ever watched Paintsville play??
They are def. going to make the final four and don't you be surprised if they don't win it all..

Im joking Paintsville will get smoked...
I don't even know what Jeffersontown has, but J-Town by 20!
Redneck Wrote:I was in Alabama tryin to keep up with the game on the computer in the hotel lobby but it was really jacked up. I knew they had a 20 point lead. "Blew it" probably aint the phrase I would use accordin to a few fans I have talked to from other schools. Once the refs started blowin their whistles out of their rearends Paintsville eased off on both ends so they wouldn't have 5 players with 3 fouls before halftime. And the sad part is, Paintsville had a 20 point lead and Landon wasn't even hittin anything. Had he even shot half as good as he usually does that lead coulda been 30+.

I was there, my opinion is that the refs were bad both ways. HOWEVER, THEY DID NOT ALLOW FOR A 20 POINT COME BACK IN FAVOR OF VALLEY. That was Paintsville cooling down and Valley playing smart defense. Led was chipped to 10 points by half and Valley had a led about mid way through the 4th. At that point the refs where just there to loss it for one of the teams. It just happened that Valley did not get the right call at the right time (obivous walk at the end of the game) and Paintsville fouls where not cashed in at the line. IMO Valley deserved to win that game more than Paintsville. Paintsville did not impress me at all. AT ALL> If they were to play 10 times I would still say that Valley would win 6 of them W/O Taylor Newsome.
Congrats Paintsville, good luck at Rupp. Did not want to get this off topic but I had to defend my view.
ANYWAYS----- I am picking J-Town in this one by 5-10 points.
I would like to see The Tigers do good... and I wish them good luck but it's NOT going to happen...
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:Lawrence have you even ever watched Paintsville play??

Are you serious. I hope Paintsville wins but to say they will win the whole thing. thats kinda unreal. but like it was said anything is possible, but I dont see that happen
NYY10 Wrote:Are you serious. I hope Paintsville wins but to say they will win the whole thing. thats kinda unreal. but like it was said anything is possible, but I dont see that happen

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]hey....anything could happen!!! Who would have ever thought in 96 a bunch of kids from a TINY..TINy class A school would go to Lexington and take down the power houses..Scott County..Lexington Catholic..nobody picked PHS to win then but guess what ...Paintsville gave it H#LL and look what happened!!! This team has just as much if not more talent than the PHS team of 96....they just have to want it more than any of the other teams!!!I pick Paintsville to make it to FINAL FOur and thats as far as I can predict without seeing the other teams and viewing stats!!!
:biggrin:[/COLOR]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I was there, my opinion is that the refs were bad both ways. HOWEVER, THEY DID NOT ALLOW FOR A 20 POINT COME BACK IN FAVOR OF VALLEY. That was Paintsville cooling down and Valley playing smart defense. Led was chipped to 10 points by half and Valley had a led about mid way through the 4th. At that point the refs where just there to loss it for one of the teams. It just happened that Valley did not get the right call at the right time (obivous walk at the end of the game) and Paintsville fouls where not cashed in at the line. IMO Valley deserved to win that game more than Paintsville. Paintsville did not impress me at all. AT ALL> If they were to play 10 times I would still say that Valley would win 6 of them W/O Taylor Newsome.
Congrats Paintsville, good luck at Rupp. Did not want to get this off topic but I had to defend my view.
ANYWAYS----- I am picking J-Town in this one by 5-10 points.

I agree on the refs..being HORRIBLE!!!!:eek: In both nights Paintsville played the refs were ridiculous.....They called it bad on both sides...there was against Paintsville thats why they stayed in foul trouble...but the refs were horrible..I wonder what regions they were from???

Also I have Paintsville winning 1st round..just because its BMR's last time at state...its Landon's time to SHINE and I just believe these senior boys are ready to prove how good they really are...when they play good...Paintsville will be hard for anybody to beat...Wink
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:Im joking Paintsville will get smoked...
I don't even know what Jeffersontown has, but J-Town by 20!

How can you say that if you know nothing about Jeffersontown? They are a team that Shelby Valley almost beat and ended up losing by 5 point. If Paintsville can keep up the intensity they showed in the Shelby Valley game the first quarter, you better believe they will win. Everybody is forgetting Paintsville is a great team, yea they had a few let downs this season, but this is still a team that only lost to South Charleston by 3 points and they are #1 AAA in the state of WV. Paintsville has as good a shot as any to make the final four.
Paintsville by 4.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So you saying this is different from me saying Valley would have won if Jake hadn't been hurt how?

What the **** are you talkin bout. I ain't said the the first thing to you about the Paintsville/SV game or about Jacob Bryant. But to be honest, yes it's alot different cause the refs played a huge part in Valley's comeback. Had they kept lettin em play Paintsville would have won in regulation by more than 9.
Redneck Wrote:What the **** are you talkin bout. I ain't the the first thing to you about the Paintsville/SV game. But to be honest, yes it's alot different cause the refs played a huge part in Valley's comeback. Had they kept lettin em play Paintsville would have won in regulation by more than 9.

:Thumbs: I agree with ya REDNECK....the officiating was HORRIBLE...I didn't know drop kicks were allowed in game play!!! LOL
Gotta go with the mountain team
J-town will kill the tigers.....although i want the tigers to win, they jus dont stand a chance. but a great way for paintsville to end their season at rupp arena
I see the Tigers prolonging their season!
Tigers!!!
Why can't we just be proud of the Tigers. They are going to Rupp and representing this area. No matter what school you are cheering for at least give the Tigers a fighting chance. This team has played their hearts out this season.