Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th district Tourney
When Powell played at Lee earlier this year there was a clock situation also. Powell ties the game and Lee brings the ball to half court and calls time out leaving 2.7seconds on the clock. Lee inbounds across the court and the ball is tip by to differant players. The last being a Powell player. Whistle blows and there is 1.4 left on the clock. The ref comes over to the score table and tells them to put 2.4seconds on the clock not the 1.4 that was showing. Lee has more time to set up the play and Charles hits a big shot.:confused:
JOBAKKA Wrote:Wrong. the college version of the rule is anything over .3 is enough for a shot, I do not if KHSaA has adopted a rule for a tip or a shot. If Laetener from Duke could catch and take two dribble and jump and fade away the n shoot in 2.1 seconds. It sounds close to me. Anything less than .3 has to be tap
just confirmed from another forum. .3 is only a tip allowed more than a shot possible.
Wrong again it's 0.5
I think Lee will come out on top
For the record:
From NFHS Rule Book:

Rule 5 Section 2 Article 5........"When play is resumed with a throw in or free throw and three-tenths (.3) of a second or less remains on the clock, a player may not gain control of the ball and try for a field goal. In this situation only a tap could score. Note: This rule does not apply if the clock does not display tenths of a second."
i think everyone needs to get over aarons shot..it was a great shot and if someone can make a shot rushing like that then they deserve to win..as you all say about lee winning over powell with the whole time thing..mayb aaron is awesome at prayer shots and is great under pressure...estill lost..okay..lee lost in estill co. but didnt throw clip boards into the audience..i mean really guys..its a game..and if the game cant be played according to wat the OFFICIALS call..then maybe SOME of us needs to stop going to games at all..GET OVER IT
uk hoops Wrote:HEY NO USE TO GET MAD THATS JUST HOW IT GOES!!! LEE CO. GOT THE WIN NO USE TO BE A SORE LOSER! THAT JUST SHOWS POOR SPORTSMANSHIP ON ESTILL CO. COACH. I DONT KNOW HOW YOU SAY IT MADE LEE CO LOOK BAD.:confused:

Lee County was awarded the win. No question about that. Is that the issue? It made the clock operation (a) look incompetent or (b) look like "Homer" was on the horn. I do not think that this is an overall reflection on Lee County. Again, A STUDENT SHOULD NEVER OPERATE THE CLOCK IN A DISTRICT GAME. THIS IS BAD PRACTICE. IF THE REGULAR CLOCK OPERATOR IS TO BE UNAVAILABLE, A CONTINGENCY PLAN SHOULD BE IN PLACE. THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR AT LEE COUNTY HOLDS A LOT OF RESPONSIBILITY HERE.
So Now Your Saying You Can Catch The Ball Come Down Face The Basket And Shoot In 0.3 Of A Second.wow Thats Funny It Cant Be Done Anywere In The Country But Beattyville.go To You Utube With Arc Maybe The Two Of You Can Convince Yourself's.
basketballwizz Wrote:So Now Your Saying You Can Catch The Ball Come Down Face The Basket And Shoot In 0.3 Of A Second.wow Thats Funny It Cant Be Done Anywere In The Country But Beattyville.go To You Utube With Arc Maybe The Two Of You Can Convince Yourself's.
You keep forgetting the trip to the concession stand in your description, he caught and slung uo a prayer. How could Estill have let him catch the ball anyway. I guess Coach Wright fooled everybody by throwing it to Charles. Do you now agree with .3 second rule?
Refresh my memory what is utube got to do with anything
The refs were convinced.
Only in Lee Co ?????? and what does a trip to the concession have to do with the game i think the ref's were at the concession stand.
basketballwizz Wrote:So Now Your Saying You Can Catch The Ball Come Down Face The Basket And Shoot In 0.3 Of A Second.wow Thats Funny It Cant Be Done Anywere In The Country But Beattyville.go To You Utube With Arc Maybe The Two Of You Can Convince Yourself's.
I ve never said .3 but I will say .6 since Charles did it for Lee Co,
This thread has been fun and the game is in the books and if we wanted to change it we couldn't. I have many friends in Estill Co. and I hope I still do. I do wish all the Engineers success the rest of the way and if we can take out the Pirates I hope you all win the District. We can agree to disagree that is what is great about these forums. So best wishes to all.
the clock keeper spoted him 2.0 seconds so you win we lost i would be very proud of the score keeper and the ref's that would not stand up and make the right call. but it was not a sling it was a shot and a great one at that but the time was wrong.
basketballwizz Wrote:the clock keeper spoted him 2.0 seconds so you win we lost i would be very proud of the score keeper and the ref's that would not stand up and make the right call. but it was not a sling it was a shot and a great one at that but the time was wrong.

I'm sorry that you feel that you were cheated. I would probably feel the same way, but our kids played hard and Charles hit a near impossible shot under very high pressure with 3 defenders close to him.

For your entertainment:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...&plindex=1
ARC that was great if you have more like that send them. Have agreat evening
I see Powell winning this one
It doesnt have to do with Charles, Cackling, or Christopher.
There are other PLAYERS on the team too. Its which ever team wants it bad enough.

and whoever said that powell would beat lee...i wouldnt be so confident. like they said, Estill has "owned" Powell. Estill & Lee have had VERY close games.

IMO, i think it will be down to ESTILL & LEE.

But like i said, its going to be whoever has the heart to win it. Whoever plays as a TEAM instead of "one or two players"

--thats kinda getting the habit of estill imo.
and who knows....Ole Owls may give us all an upset :]
loves2cheer Wrote:and who knows....Ole Owls may give us all an upset :]

Ya never know.....and it has happened before....very recently in fact.
All this talk about .3 seconds, .6 seconds, it is all the same. That is a NBA and a college rule. Not a high school rule. In high school, it is what the ref sees and calls, there is no clear cut rule in high school as to how long you have to get a shot off. If the ref ruled it as leaving his hands before the horn sounded, it is a made basket. End of story. On the KHSAA website, there isnt a " * " after the score saying a basket was made that shouldnt have counted according to college and NBA rules.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
OK so what your saying is what the ref's see's or calls is how the play goes? so does this take the clock out of the play? Can the ref's overrule the closk keeper?
basketballwizz Wrote:OK so what your saying is what the ref's see's or calls is how the play goes? so does this take the clock out of the play? Can the ref's overrule the closk keeper?
The lead official is the top dog on the court and in the gym. One official is the head official, if there are 2 others, they can make calls, but the lead official has the final word over the other two and the scorekeeper.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
well the top dog fell asleep in this one the clock ran out 3 time after Estill hit the go ahead basket but what's done is done i just hope somone looks at this so it does not happen to any one else.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The lead official is the top dog on the court and in the gym. One official is the head official, if there are 2 others, they can make calls, but the lead official has the final word over the other two and the scorekeeper.

Geez... it is not that one team outclassed the other. It is not what is and what isn't as to the "official tally of the jolly old officials." It is this: timekeeper ineptitude or hooliganism that besmirched a hard fought basketball game. You can call a donkey "Secretariat" but that doesn't make him a thoroughbred. You can call an official the "head official" but that doesn't change what can and what can't happen in .6. Over and out on this issue.
very well said
thecavemaster Wrote:Geez... it is not that one team outclassed the other..... You can call an official the "head official" but that doesn't change what can and what can't happen in .6

1) Asst Coach breaking a clipboard over his own head and probably needing stitches ----- class or no class?
2) Head Coach flinging his clipboard into the crowd and striking one of his own cheerleaders -----class or no class?
3) Officially winning a game on a last second desperation shot, which has happened hundreds of times in the last decade at nearly every gym ever built-----class or no class?

You can call yourself the master but your opinion and $5 will buy you a cup of Starbucks best (well, maybe). What did happen is that Lee County won this game. And they did it officially in 0.6 seconds. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.
that is not a fact so you dont mine being part of stealing from kids then you no better than the ref's that stold the game. yOU ARE PROBLEY ONE OF THE REF'S TRYING TO HIDE WHAT YOU DID.
Cavemaster you know what your talking about you know you cant talk to these guys ARC does not have a clue.
ARC why dont you take your $5 and check out what really happen before you start more lies you have not gotten anything right in your reply's on this thread yet.
basketballwizz Wrote:ARC why dont you take your $5 and check out what really happen before you start more lies you have not gotten anything right in your reply's on this thread yet.
What has he got wrong? If anything you have been proven wrong with your .5 rule