Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th district Tourney
#1 Estill vs #4 Owsley co---------Winner- Estill
#2 Lee vs #3 Powell--------Winner-Powell

Powell vs Estill in championship----Powell wins district again

Other predictions?
Winning close games down the stretch in district regular season play i see the Lee County Bobcats coming out on top of the 56th... I dont think that many in the 56th can match Aaron Charles' intensity, swagger, or skill and by him being that kind of a player they win districts.
Ill take Powell
ItsEstill to lose. If Powell beats Lee Estill will win easy they have owned Powell this year. It must be matchups or something but both games Estill dominated the Pirates. For some other Estill and Lee always go down to the wire
No Favorites Wrote:Winning close games down the stretch in district regular season play i see the Lee County Bobcats coming out on top of the 56th... I dont think that many in the 56th can match Aaron Charles' intensity, swagger, or skill and by him being that kind of a player they win districts.

Are you serious??? Aaron Charles is no way the top player in the 56th....cackling or christopher from estill is.....we'll see come tourney time
There's no clear cut favorite in this district this year. The tournament being at Powell gives them somewhat of an advantage, but I still think Estill is the team to beat, but not a clearcut favorite. Lee is playing awlfull good right now too,
with a one pt loss to Hazard in the all A.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:There's no clear cut favorite in this district this year. The tournament being at Powell gives them somewhat of an advantage, but I still think Estill is the team to beat, but not a clearcut favorite. Lee is playing awlfull good right now too,
with a one pt loss to Hazard in the all A.

I agree...estill has to be the favorite with powell behind them due to the home court
Its hard to come out of Powell with a win. I have seen it happen too many times. The games are rough and the refs let the Pirates play. Powell will definitely come out of the disrict with the W.
This is a tight district and anything can happen!

Estill vs Owsley -----Estill has owned Owsley this season, but the senior laden Owls may step up at the right time. It really wouldn't surprise me very much if Owsley pulls this off and beats Estill in the first round.

Lee vs Powell -----I have to call the Lee vs Powell game a dead heat.
Whoever shows up wins. Powell is at home but playing down lately, Lee is playing up.

The only way that Estill or Powell should win is by making 8+ treys per game. Both of these guard oriented teams live and die by the three pointer.

I know that Estill, Lee and Powell have handled the Owls pretty easily thus far, but I wouldn't count them out just yet. They are the most experienced team in the 56th (all 5 starters are seniors) and sometimes things like that show up at tourney time.

Maybe I remember last year, when Lee beat the Owls by 33 and 37 in the season and LOST to them by 2 in the first round of the district.
By comparison, Estill has beat the Owls by 19 and 26 this season.....see a pattern? But this tourney ain't at Owsley...last year it was.

Lee has struggled with Estill and Powell this year, splitting games with them both. But of course, they have struggled with Lee too lol.

[COLOR="Blue"]
Based on recent games, I think that :[/COLOR]

Lee is playing quite a bit better than they were earlier in the season.
Owsley is playing a bit better than they were earlier in the season.
Estill is playing about the same as they were earlier in the season.
Powell is playing a bit worse than they were earlier in the season.
Estill made 1 three at Lee co Friday and lost on a 3 after the clock ran out so were do you get your imfo ARC>
ARC Wrote:This is a tight district and anything can happen!

Estill vs Owsley -----Estill has owned Owsley this season, but the senior laden Owls may step up at the right time. It really wouldn't surprise me very much if Owsley pulls this off and beats Estill in the first round.

Lee vs Powell -----I have to call the Lee vs Powell game a dead heat.
Whoever shows up wins. Powell is at home but playing down lately, Lee is playing up.

The only way that Estill or Powell should win is by making 8+ treys per game. Both of these guard oriented teams live and die by the three pointer.

I know that Estill, Lee and Powell have handled the Owls pretty easily thus far, but I wouldn't count them out just yet. They are the most experienced team in the 56th (all 5 starters are seniors) and sometimes things like that show up at tourney time.

Maybe I remember last year, when Lee beat the Owls by 33 and 37 in the season and LOST to them by 2 in the first round of the district.
By comparison, Estill has beat the Owls by 19 and 26 this season.....see a pattern? But this tourney ain't at Owsley...last year it was.

Lee has struggled with Estill and Powell this year, splitting games with them both. But of course, they have struggled with Lee too lol.

[COLOR="Blue"]
Based on recent games, I think that :[/COLOR]

Lee is playing quite a bit better than they were earlier in the season.
Owsley is playing a bit better than they were earlier in the season.
Estill is playing about the same as they were earlier in the season.
Powell is playing a bit worse than they were earlier in the season.

I agree
basketballwizz Wrote:Estill made 1 three at Lee co Friday and lost on a 3 after the clock ran out so were do you get your imfo ARC>

Reread it, I said 'should'. Info from here:
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...7?id=26330
Rolleyes
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Are you serious??? Aaron Charles is no way the top player in the 56th....cackling or christopher from estill is.....we'll see come tourney time

Everyone is biased. Charles had 32 and 27 vs Estill and Lee split games with them.
I don't know how everyone gets that the Pirates are doing worse.....They are awesome has no one seen them play here lately....Christian Brewer shooting 3's like you wouldn't believe, Justin Mays fighting under the goal, and Corey Brewer making all these shots...and Who can forget Daniel Kinser....The boys are doing great and I Think they will do just fine at Districts if not the best!!!!!
stride2 Wrote:I don't know how everyone gets that the Pirates are doing worse.....They are awesome has no one seen them play here lately....Christian Brewer shooting 3's like you wouldn't believe, Justin Mays fighting under the goal, and Corey Brewer making all these shots...and Who can forget Daniel Kinser....The boys are doing great and I Think they will do just fine at Districts if not the best!!!!!

I think they've slipped a bit:
after watching them lose solidly @ Estill on Jan. 25;
after they lost to KCC by 37 on Jan 29th;
and after they only beat Owsley by 5 @ Powell on Feb 1.

The win vs Fleming may be the beginning of a turnaround.....I don't know enough about Fleming.
basketballwizz Wrote:Estill made 1 three at Lee co Friday and lost on a 3 after the clock ran out so were do you get your imfo ARC>
Wrong again, the clock DID NOT run out accotding to the only one whos opinion matters. The officials said the shot counted and Lee won so all the debate won't change a thing.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Wrong again, the clock DID NOT run out accotding to the only one whos opinion matters. The officials said the shot counted and Lee won so all the debate won't change a thing.

The Supreme Court is NOT final because it is right; it is right because it is final. So it is with officials... however, changing the outcome as opposed to the rightful outcome... two different things.
true but it sure give lee co a bad name worse than powell co and that"s really bad you know you lost the game it was a late christmas gift from the great 14th Reg ref's you ended winning the game by 3 bad call's within 2.6 sec. and you and the lee fans are the one's doing the crying trying to go back and replay the whole game when the only play that counted was the wrong call so all the excuses you can come up with will not change the last call that stoled the game from Estill so make all the excuses you can your are still wrong.
basketballwizz Wrote:true but it sure give lee co a bad name worse than powell co and that"s really bad you know you lost the game it was a late christmas gift from the great 14th Reg ref's you ended winning the game by 3 bad call's within 2.6 sec. and you and the lee fans are the one's doing the crying trying to go back and replay the whole game when the only play that counted was the wrong call so all the excuses you can come up with will not change the last call that stoled the game from Estill so make all the excuses you can your are still wrong.

If you are replying to the above post, basketballwizz, you misread it: Jobakka is trying to say debate doesn't matter because the officials' word is final. "Final say" does not equate to rightful outcome. If you were making a general statement...disregard this post.
ARC Wrote:Everyone is biased. Charles had 32 and 27 vs Estill and Lee split games with them.

My top 5 players in the 56th would go
1.Cackling
2.Christopher
3. Charles
4.Kinser
5. Cory Brewer
Powell defeated Fleming Co. 79-71. Kinser hit 7 three pointers and finished with 30 points. Corey Brewer followed with 21 points. They played as a team; looked at their best.
big red fan Wrote:Powell defeated Fleming Co. 79-71. Kinser hit 7 three pointers and finished with 30 points. Corey Brewer followed with 21 points. They played as a team; looked at their best.

Kinser and Cory Brewer has steped it up this year for the pirates....if they play their best come district tourney time...then i see powell coming out on top...
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Kinser and Cory Brewer has steped it up this year for the pirates....if they play their best come district tourney time...then i see powell coming out on top...

The top scorers from each team will probably come through, it will be the rest of the team that determines the outcome.
Congrats To Lee Co On The Win Over Estill!! From What I Here The Coach From Estill Needs To Take Anger Mangement!!!! No Use To Argue Over The Outcome The Officals Have The Final Say!!!!
uk hoops Wrote:Congrats To Lee Co On The Win Over Estill!! From What I Here The Coach From Estill Needs To Take Anger Mangement!!!! No Use To Argue Over The Outcome The Officals Have The Final Say!!!!

Yeah coach tiller from estill can get a lil fired up...but overall he is a nice guy
I Really Have Yet To See That Side!!
uk hoops Wrote:I Really Have Yet To See That Side!!

Well imo any coach is going to be mad about being beat by a .6 buzzer beating shot...thats not even enough time to set and shoot...it is for a tip in or so fourth
basketballwizz Wrote:true but it sure give lee co a bad name worse than powell co and that"s really bad you know you lost the game it was a late christmas gift from the great 14th Reg ref's you ended winning the game by 3 bad call's within 2.6 sec. and you and the lee fans are the one's doing the crying trying to go back and replay the whole game when the only play that counted was the wrong call so all the excuses you can come up with will not change the last call that stoled the game from Estill so make all the excuses you can your are still wrong.
What did Lee Co have to do with it at all the kids just played the game. The officials (none of the 3 were from Lee Co.) and if anyone earned a bad name it was the behavior after the game. The kids did nothing wrong and there were many names hurled diterctly at them. I have heard of no one wanting to replay anything here at all. The only replay is the one in different ones minds of the last play and I heve heard about ten different versions. If you want to call Lee another Powell that is your purogative. As far as crying goes your comment is hillarious. There are no excuses here now or with the Hazard game. Were one and one in those games and the Hazard game meant alot more. I wished Hazard all the best after the game and posted that they won fair and square and I continue to wish Estill well. The kids have slways represented thier school and community well. I can't think pf a situation where I would stand and call them cheaters and other names I can't mention on here over a game. Coach Tiller might have made a mistake but I am the first to say he is a class act and has always tried to teach his players to walk with dignity. Whoever hasn't made a mistake can critisize him. I will not. I do not how to change the outcome of the game but it don't change the tournament standings. I do however have to ask how could Charles be allowed to catch the ball. I think eveyone in the gym knew where the ball was going to go.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Well imo any coach is going to be mad about being beat by a .6 buzzer beating shot...thats not even enough time to set and shoot...it is for a tip in or so fourth
Wrong. the college version of the rule is anything over .3 is enough for a shot, I do not if KHSaA has adopted a rule for a tip or a shot. If Laetener from Duke could catch and take two dribble and jump and fade away the n shoot in 2.1 seconds. It sounds close to me. Anything less than .3 has to be tap
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Well imo any coach is going to be mad about being beat by a .6 buzzer beating shot...thats not even enough time to set and shoot...it is for a tip in or so fourth

HEY NO USE TO GET MAD THATS JUST HOW IT GOES!!! LEE CO. GOT THE WIN NO USE TO BE A SORE LOSER! THAT JUST SHOWS POOR SPORTSMANSHIP ON ESTILL CO. COACH. I DONT KNOW HOW YOU SAY IT MADE LEE CO LOOK BAD.:confused: