Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 56 Pike Central 51.
im just sayin he takes more shots then ne1 else on the team..and not all of them are smart. Like a fade away three when your down by 1 with 1:15 left...no disrespect to hamilton hes a good player but he cant take all the shots, hes not a brad lowe or shawn scott...he does not have that ability to score at will such as they did..in order for hamilton to be able to get more GOOD shots other players have to penetrate and shoot some to
Should PCC have hired Butcher as the boy's coach instead of Thompson?
warriorpride Wrote:Congrats Guys on the win. Everyone on here should shut up about who picked who to win so stop arguing,its not like it matters anyway.

No one is arguing about who pucked who...there arguing about central's chemistry on the court.
I'm tired of arguing over the chemistry.
The last thing I will say is Pike Central MUST improve as a team overall to compete for a district championship, much less a region championship. The team chemistry is just disturbingly absent on the basketball court.
I'll get back to the real topic of this thread.
Congratulations East Ridge Warriors for the 3-0 start. You have earned it.
If you have a plan for that situation and a play designed then a player(s) dont have to try to create something. Same thing happened against Phelps except Hornets folded at the end. Team played confused and werent lead in much of a direction from bench.
Man, as bad as ER looks...... PCC is way down this year.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Man, as bad as ER looks...... PCC is way down this year.

What is that supposed to mean? ER can't be worse than last year...
vundy33 Wrote:What is that supposed to mean? ER can't be worse than last year...

they look as bad as last year....

pcc is just on the bottom rung. and ER is only a step above....
Really? I figured since they beat LC they were a little better because I think LC beat them pretty bad last year. I havn't got to see them play this year so I have to rely on you guys...lol
Who beat LC?

And who is LC?
Ohh my bad, ER beat Letcher Central. Everyone was talking about how LC was pretty good this year so I thought ER must be decent to beat them.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Who beat LC?

And who is LC?

Letcher Central
East Ridge beat Letcher
vundy33 Wrote:Ohh my bad, ER beat Letcher Central. Everyone was talking about how LC was pretty good this year so I thought ER must be decent to beat them.

Vundy33, you'll hear every year 'how good' ER is.... (much like SV fans and Valley). Don't listen.
Well im unbiased...and Valley really is good every year...I watched ER last year and they made me puke everytime they took the court. I was just hoping it was a little better this year.
Central05 Wrote:Letcher Central
East Ridge beat Letcher

Letcher Central is 1-3. Is that supposed to be something to brag about?

ER is 3-0 against teams with a combined record of 2-12. Its not like they swept the NBA finals.
What is your problem? Someone make fun of you today?
vundy33 Wrote:What is your problem? Someone make fun of you today?

I was just stating some facts. When you're record is 3-0 against 2-12 teams... its not a reason to believe they're going to win the state championship. In fact, they'll have a hard time winning the Elkhorn City championship. lol

And yes, someone made fun of me. Sad
who said anything about them winning any kind of championship?
vundy33 Wrote:who said anything about them winning any kind of championship?

Me. Next question? :confused:
I don't see anyone bragging about ER so why do you have to try to belittle them?
vundy33 Wrote:I don't see anyone bragging about ER so why do you have to try to belittle them?

I didn't belittle their wins. The teams they beat DID.

3-0. Who cares? You, me, and 3 pieces of lawn furniture could have pulled that off.......
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Should PCC have hired Butcher as the boy's coach instead of Thompson?

If only Pike Central could have Butcher as Boys Coach!!!!!!! Then we could say the word Coach with the upmost respect. Yes, things would be very different for boys basketball at PC. Thats the best idea I've seen here so far. Ode to Butcher, a heck of a COACH!!!
HawksRule Wrote:If only Pike Central could have Butcher as Boys Coach!!!!!!! Then we could say the word Coach with the upmost respect. Yes, things would be very different for boys basketball at PC. Thats the best idea I've seen here so far. Ode to Butcher, a heck of a COACH!!!

I hope this was sarcasm. I thought I sensed some in your post. Give Thompson a chance. It's his first year as head coach and they are off to a rough start. He is a great motivator though and a strong believer in defense and hard work. Pike Central will come around.
ronald_reagan Wrote:I didn't belittle their wins. The teams they beat DID.

3-0. Who cares? You, me, and 3 pieces of lawn furniture could have pulled that off.......

get over it. east ridge does look a lot better this year. does this mean that they are going to be district champions or anything? no, it just means that are improving. congrats for your 3-0 start warriors!
Good post, oneandonly!
Congrats. E.R. on a well earned victory.
keep it up boys.
A motivator is one who looks at what talent they have and works within that talent. If you qualify Thompson as that, that theory falls flat. what was his record as a JV coach?
well pc isnt as down as what people are saying...they are streaky right now with a lot of youth...watch and see...they will be tough here shortly..starting with the win tonite...
Pike Centrals Coach is just now getting used to being the head coach, and I think that the players and just setting their feet in with him, and once they come together. They will be a tough team to beat.
Good job ER, keepin the streak alive.