Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland Blazer
57.58%
Johnson Central
42.42%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ashland Blazer at Johnson Central 10/20
I'll take Johnson Central.
(10-18-2023, 09:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Not hard to wrap your head around Pikeville and Belfry being good football teams playing JC at home w/JC having the injury bug...
Pikeville is good. Belfry not so much. They aren’t horrible but I wouldn’t put them in the “pretty good” tier. 

so that’s what I mean. The JC I saw looked like a pretty good team who can score and manage to get enough stops to be dangerous. But then the lose to belfry by more than a few. They have some talent, if they can sustain drives Ashland could be in trouble. Plus Ashland has wiped through most of their schedule with ease and probably hasn’t played a physical team like JC all year.
(10-19-2023, 07:48 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-18-2023, 09:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Not hard to wrap your head around Pikeville and Belfry being good football teams playing JC at home w/JC having the injury bug...
Pikeville is good. Belfry not so much. They aren’t horrible but I wouldn’t put them in the “pretty good” tier. 

so that’s what I mean. The JC I saw looked like a pretty good team who can score and manage to get enough stops to be dangerous. But then the lose to belfry by more than a few. They have some talent, if they can sustain drives Ashland could be in trouble. Plus Ashland has wiped through most of their schedule with ease and probably hasn’t played a physical team like JC all year.
If you think this years version of JC is physical you would be amazed how physical they were before we went down to 3A. This group isn’t physical and doesn’t even look the same compared to their teams from 2014-2018.
I agree TP, no where near as close as physical as some of those teams. I also think you can start to look at the talent the last few years at the middle school level and see that a drop off was coming. Now I’m not saying the JC middle school teams haven’t been good, they have and are, but no where near the level those middle school teams about 6,7,8 years ago were. Those teams were pretty dang unreal. And when I say a drop off please understand that I’m not saying JC is trash by any means just not the talent that was there a few years back. Plus Corbin and Boyle has had a major uptick in talent. I definitely don’t think this is a Coaching issue at JC, I think it’s a combination of things. Good luck to JC going forward, this Pike Co guy is rooting for you guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Diogenes
It’s hard to stay on top of the food chain for 10-20 years. JC has been remarkable over the years. Eventually others find a formula to take over the top spot.

If Ashland beats JC 5 or 6 TDs then they have a legit shot at 4A this year. If it’s close then probably 3rd round exit.
For the first time in a while I have a level in confidence that Ashland is the better team in this game.
I'll guarantee you Ashland better be ready for a war.
Will there be a livestream video for this game?
I just feel Johnson Central wants to make a statement in 4A and will win at home.
(10-19-2023, 11:36 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: I just feel Johnson Central wants to make a statement in 4A and will win at home.

I agree !!!  Central will win this game, in my opinion. I think you will see the "tough" Eagles in this one.
(10-19-2023, 09:49 AM)Tomcat Pride Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 07:48 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

If you think this years version of JC is physical you would be amazed how physical they were before we went down to 3A. This group isn’t physical and doesn’t even look the same compared to their teams from 2014-2018.
Im not disputing them and their past teams. But this JC team is physical. Not saying they are damn gladiators out there, but one of the most physical teams in the east. Sometimes being physical doesn't translate into success. But to say this group isn't physical is just not true. All across the board its went down from the past. Thats just the nature of football now. Some of these "physical" teams now days would be hurting if they played a team from the 80s/90s. Maybe they just bread them different then haha
Johnson central 28
Ashland 14
jc took lumps early and had injuries
heres your chance to put it all behind u
This game being streamed anywhere?
End of 1st
Knox 8
Rock 7

TD Rock

11:42 2nd

Rock 14
Knox 8
Johnson Central 14
Ashland 13

Boyle County 28
Wayne County 00

Corbin 07
Perry County Central 00
6.33 1Q
36 yard FG good

Rock 17
Knox 8

8:24 2nd
Ashland stops JC on 4th down deep in Tomcat territory.

JC 14
Ashland 13

End of the first half
Boyle County 36
Wayne County 00
10.30 2Q
TD Rock right before halftime

Rock 24
Knox 8
0:11 seconds

Halftime
Rock 24
Knox 8
Huge call by Coach Peck. JC recovers the onside kick on the opening kickoff of the 2nd half.

JC gets the touchdown. Logan Morrow from 2 yards out. JC 20 - Ashland 13.

Ashland stops the 2 point conversion. So the score stays at JC 20-13

Ashland scores the touchdown but missed the 2 point conversion.

JC - 20
Ashland - 19
Knox fumbles

Rock 31
Knox 8

Knox can’t keep up
JC 28
Ashland 19
Knox turnover on downs
JC 28
Ashland 27
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. D's post:
  • Hound05
6:31 in 3rd rock takes over
Surprising score. Especially since I was told “JC isn’t a physical team”. ?‍♂️.
What a game thanks for the livestream
Rock with first punt of night

Knox takes over 5:11 in 3rd

31-8