Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letcher County Central Cougars
64.86%
Clay County Tigers
35.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County vs. Letcher Central - AAAAA District 8 Championship
There will definitely be a distinct home field advantage for LCC, the atmosphere was great Friday, I can only imagine how crazy it will be this week.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:There will definitely be a distinct home field advantage for LCC, the atmosphere was great Friday, I can only imagine how crazy it will be this week.
Clay County will bring a great crowd Friday. They always bring a great crowd, at Perry last week there was more Tiger fans in the stands than Commodore fans. It's a lot longer drive to Letcher though, but we wilhave a great crowd.
This will be a very close game but I see Letcher coming out on top
Hit and Run Wrote:Clay County will bring a great crowd Friday. They always bring a great crowd, at Perry last week there was more Tiger fans in the stands than Commodore fans. It's a lot longer drive to Letcher though, but we wilhave a great crowd.

I have a feeling Clay County will bring a big crowd too, they did last year.
letcher wins with a score of 42-35
I'm going to say LCC comes out with the W 49 to 35 I think Lcc better play tuffer this time in the 1st half then they did last time against Clay County the games at LCC right???
thunderstruck Wrote:I'm going to say LCC comes out with the W 49 to 35 I think Lcc better play tuffer this time in the 1st half then they did last time against Clay County the games at LCC right???

Yep
Clay-38
LCC-20
Letcher in a close one!!
SLHSCard Wrote:from what i remember claycounty had the game well in hand at half time last game and made stupid mistakes to let letcher back in it in the second half.

Let them back in it? Letcher outscored Clay in the second half 21-7...IMO thats Letcher taking it with authority.
I agree Roughneck 40. If Ben Fisher and Co. run the ball with the tenacity they did against Whitley---------I doubt anyone from Clay can stop them. I think that the Cougar o line is the other key to this game. If they open holes and give pass blocking-----------This Cougar bunch will win their 11th in a row. Yeah, you heard me right----11 in a row. And another thing---I have heard a lot of references to their soft schedule--- Hazard, Greenup, Clay, are still in. Won-loss records are not always indicative of a team. Perry wound up having a great season and Whitley had the talent to beat anyone on their schedule--things just didn't go their way.Greenup has won 3 of their last 4, Hazard is at the top of the rankings, Clay has won 7 games,.LCC's schedule was competitive but more importanly----this team IS competitive.
Windsprint Wrote:I agree Roughneck 40. If Ben Fisher and Co. run the ball with the tenacity they did against Whitley

Redundant
LCC wins 42-35.
Cougarvision Wrote:Redundant

How about posting on the game instead of picking out gramatical errors
lcc aint gonna be able to stop lewis and nolan running the ole triple option.
red_devils_rule Wrote:LCC in a close game

I think that it wont be a close game the final will be.

LCC:47
CLAY:36
SLHSCard Wrote:lcc aint gonna be able to stop lewis and nolan running the ole triple option.

LCC can defend the tripe option.
SLHSCard Wrote:lcc aint gonna be able to stop lewis and nolan running the ole triple option.

I agree Clay offense will be tough, they are more balance now and they will be hard to stop the way Nolan is running the ball and Lewis deadly air attack but LCC has a good offense too with Banks and Brock but I think Lewis an crew will be to much for the Cougar D.
if clay tries the option look this week letcher should force lewis to run it, that is assuming clay reads the triple option like the used to.
Clay by 1 td
Roughneck40 Wrote:Let them back in it? Letcher outscored Clay in the second half 21-7...IMO thats Letcher taking it with authority.

I agree, and it was 27-7 in the second half, but who's countingBig Grin
HazzBeen Wrote:How about posting on the game instead of picking out gramatical errors

I wasn't referring to grammar in my post. Actually, Mathematics would be more apprpriate. (2+2=_)
Clay County should be a little worried about how they will stop the Cougars running attack, considering LCC rushed for over 400 yards last week against Whitley.

Letcher is to physical for Clay to run that stuff....mark it down. If they try that one of the two will get hurt. Lewis is about as mobile as a car with no wheels
Roughneck40 Wrote:Letcher is to physical for Clay to run that stuff....mark it down. If they try that one of the two will get hurt. Lewis is about as mobile as a car with no wheels

Smile Smile Smile
I highly doubt that Clay will be able to run at all on Letcher they are big and physical and from what i seen Lewis doesn't like being hit if they run the option like they did against Perry he will get killed
Roughneck40 Wrote:Letcher is to physical for Clay to run that stuff....mark it down. If they try that one of the two will get hurt. Lewis is about as mobile as a car with no wheels

can't argue with that, hes really not an option qb at all, you have rep the triple option time and time again to run it well, lewis doesnt have the mentality to run it correctly.
Lewis isn't as unathletic as you think, if Letcher doesn't watch out he'll put up 100 yards rushing and 250 passing. This is a different Tiger team, the defensive mentality is completely different. Since having a shootout wif PCC they were called out by not only the coaches, but everybody in Clay County. They will not give up more than 2 TD's Friday night. Like i said earlier.
Clay-36
LCC-8
Hit and Run Wrote:Lewis isn't as unathletic as you think, if Letcher doesn't watch out he'll put up 100 yards rushing and 250 passing. This is a different Tiger team, the defensive mentality is completely different. Since having a shootout wif PCC they were called out by not only the coaches, but everybody in Clay County. They will not give up more than 2 TD's Friday night. Like i said earlier.
Clay-36
LCC-8

im guessin he runs about a 5.2 or so in the 40 and shy's away from contact so if lewis gets 100 yards on the ground letcher doesnt deserve to win.
clay-28
L C -21