Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
4A 2022 Predictions?
(12-08-2021, 08:46 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 11:39 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 01:20 AM)Cappy Wrote: If Boyle needs a QB, one will show up.  They are solid everywhere.  The have a stable of athletes returning that have experience competing for a title (and succeeding-twice).  They have to be the clear favorite. 

If Lex Cath lands a particular coach, they could have a shot as he will own the Lexington area when it comes to athletes.

Johnson Central is a wild card with having to adapt to a new coach and new system.  Could be hard for them to dial it in next season.

Corbin may not make it beyond the first round..  Especially if history repeats itself.  Just check the records.  The current program is  toxic.  There are too many folks there for the wrong reasons.  The pride that they keep talking about has turned into the pride that  brings everyone down and they are too blind to see it.  It will take another year for any opportunity to shake things up.  Hopefully it won’t be too late.

Corbin will make it out of the first round come on now.. the district is a cake walk now that they have the bulk of athletes from Knox Central.

Knox has about 4 kids transferring in so they will be tough on corbin, Wayne had a freshman qb that was dangerous.  Corbin has a couple kids transferring out and a couple that is not going to play.  First round exit is not out of the question.

I need more than two back in the county. Thanks. Colonel higher ups we also need new fieldhouse with upgraded concessions, locker room  and restrooms so we don't have to use the gym. An indoor practice facility will also be nice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-08-2021, 11:39 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 01:20 AM)Cappy Wrote: If Boyle needs a QB, one will show up.  They are solid everywhere.  The have a stable of athletes returning that have experience competing for a title (and succeeding-twice).  They have to be the clear favorite. 

If Lex Cath lands a particular coach, they could have a shot as he will own the Lexington area when it comes to athletes.

Johnson Central is a wild card with having to adapt to a new coach and new system.  Could be hard for them to dial it in next season.

Corbin may not make it beyond the first round..  Especially if history repeats itself.  Just check the records.  The current program is  toxic.  There are too many folks there for the wrong reasons.  The pride that they keep talking about has turned into the pride that  brings everyone down and they are too blind to see it.  It will take another year for any opportunity to shake things up.  Hopefully it won’t be too late.

Corbin will make it out of the first round come on now.. the district is a cake walk now that they have the bulk of athletes from Knox Central.
Take a look at track record at another school that was a perennial power in a relatively weak district.  Round 2.  Round 2. Round 1.  So far it’s a repeat with Round 2 and Round 2.  Here’s to hoping history does not repeat itself.
(12-08-2021, 11:25 PM)Hatz Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 11:19 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: With no super seniors in 2022, Boyle County boosters will be blocking off a set of rooms for potential transfers at the local Motel 6.

Big Grin

Was that the excuse for the other titles?  

Zeismer will will be a legitimate Senior. Ask him.  Wink
No they're just the "Woodland Heldbacks" pack that parents all jump in lol... buy you're right BC will be just fine. 4A will be slightly down but there will be plenty of athletes helping out their team win. Johnson Central, Corbin, Lou Central and Franklin Co will be contenders and Lex Catholic lately has been irrelevant.
(12-08-2021, 11:19 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: With no super seniors in 2022, Boyle County boosters will be blocking off a set of rooms for potential transfers at the local Motel 6.
We're better than a Motel 6!   Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz, Iggyfan, Jack Lambert
Boyle will have a quarterback.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Of course they will, its the surrounding areas that should be ready to replace their qbs!
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest, Iggyfan
(12-09-2021, 02:09 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Of course they will, its the surrounding areas that should be ready to replace their qbs!
I had to chuckles lol, so you're saying other surrounding area might lose their QB due to an apartment change of address, i mean legit change of residency? #winkwink Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • FCSPY
(12-09-2021, 11:39 AM)Rebel55 Wrote:

How many players from Lincoln County get all the amenities? lol
  • A Tribe Called Quest
(12-09-2021, 02:45 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Stop it man lol Big Grin  you'll tick off a bunch fans.

From Lincoln only one was Larry French.  Won 2 State Championships on that one.   Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert, pjdoug
(12-09-2021, 02:54 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

From Lincoln only one was Larry French.  Won 2 State Championships on that one.   Smile

He's a good one.
(12-09-2021, 02:53 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

Stop it man lol Big Grin  you'll tick off a bunch fans.

isn't that the objective? lol
  • A Tribe Called Quest
(12-09-2021, 02:09 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Of course they will, its the surrounding areas that should be ready to replace their qbs!
As Antoine Dodson would say.  "Hide yo kids, hide yo wife"!   Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Jack Lambert
(12-09-2021, 03:07 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
As Antoine Dodson would say.  "Hide yo kids, hide yo wife"!   Big Grin

LOL!

I don't recruit the surrounding areas. I think that's Rebel55. I have the southeast. My last recruit was Josiah Robbins out of Bell Co. I tried to get a linemen out of Corbin last year but couldn't close the deal.
[-] The following 3 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, FCSPY, Hatz
(12-09-2021, 05:11 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

I don't recruit the surrounding areas. I think that's Rebel55. I have the southeast. My last recruit was Josiah Robbins out of Bell Co. I tried to get a linemen out of Corbin last year but couldn't close the deal.

you wont find me hating! get em all, wish we had more guys trying to help us!
KPG put out his top 5 for 4A.

1. Franklin County
2. Boyle County
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Bourbon County
(07-07-2022, 10:58 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: KPG put out his top 5 for 4A.

1. Franklin County
2. Boyle County
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Bourbon County

Who is KPG?
They also had Patterson still at Corbin and no quisenberry. And bourbon county? Over lex cath and Louisville central. Heck those two didn’t even make honorable mention. Nothing to look too much into.
(07-07-2022, 05:47 PM)16 special Wrote: They also had Patterson still at Corbin and no quisenberry. And bourbon county? Over lex cath and Louisville central. Heck those two didn’t even make honorable mention. Nothing to look too much into.
I would put Central in for bourbon or at least tie them with hoptown how they had it. Central has athletes only matched by the other teams on the list. With scroggins, RIP,  this team could’ve been special. I need to see some coaching out of the new bunch really. But lex cath, they aren’t getting the same guys they used too all over the field. They do have local stars that are born and raised in the system. But they are missing on the late 9th and 10th grade transfers they used to get all the time. They may deserve to get into the top 5 but this is preseason so you have to go off of returning production.
Appreciate the confidence in my Flyers but the list is off base even on with my homer opinion. But Bourbon County…wow
(12-09-2021, 05:11 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

I don't recruit the surrounding areas.  I think that's Rebel55.  I have the southeast.  My last recruit was Josiah Robbins out of Bell Co.  I tried to get a linemen out of Corbin last year but couldn't close the deal.

The player was probably from Knoxville or Virginia.

1. Franklin County
2. Boyle County
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Bourbon County

Bourbon County did some heavy recruiting if they can compete with the top 5.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!
(07-07-2022, 11:28 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

1. Franklin County
2. Boyle County
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Bourbon County

Bourbon County did some heavy recruiting if they can compete with the top 5.
Bourbon County  Big Grin
Franklin
Boyle
JC
Lex Cath
Corbin
Again Boyle for the 3-peat!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • jamesclay, Rebel55
(07-07-2022, 09:13 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 05:47 PM)16 special Wrote: They also had Patterson still at Corbin and no quisenberry. And bourbon county? Over lex cath and Louisville central. Heck those two didn’t even make honorable mention. Nothing to look too much into.
I would put Central in for bourbon or at least tie them with hoptown how they had it. Central has athletes only matched by the other teams on the list. With scroggins, RIP,  this team could’ve been special. I need to see some coaching out of the new bunch really. But lex cath, they aren’t getting the same guys they used too all over the field. They do have local stars that are born and raised in the system. But they are missing on the late 9th and 10th grade transfers they used to get all the time. They may deserve to get into the top 5 but this is preseason so you have to go off of returning production.
In regards to central coaching, they won a state title in 2018, went to state semis in 2019 playing toe to toe with Boyle, then went undefeated in the regular season in 2020. I think they can coach and they have some good young kids coming in from the chargers youth program. I have a lot of respect for Dantzler and co. If they drop to 3a next alignment, they’ll win 2-3 in a row.
(07-08-2022, 04:01 PM)16 special Wrote:
In regards to central coaching, they won a state title in 2018, went to state semis in 2019 playing toe to toe with Boyle, then went undefeated in the regular season in 2020. I think they can coach and they have some good young kids coming in from the chargers youth program. I have a lot of respect for Dantzler and co. If they drop to 3a next alignment, they’ll win 2-3 in a row.
I think I could’ve won in 18, and they were a botched field goal hold away from losing it. 19 they lose to boyle and imo had more talent. A slight drop off the last two years but covid made an impact from my view, but they can’t beat franklin county. Yes they have Kaden moorman, and yes he’s a stud, but corbin shut him and franklin down last year. So why couldn’t central? Central has more speed at every position and strength was debatable, but they haven’t been to the third round since 2019. I think that’s on the coaching. Steady decline in production from the departure of scroggins.

And with cortez stone, they should run right through most of the teams they play.
(07-09-2022, 12:14 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
I think I could’ve won in 18, and they were a botched field goal hold away from losing it. 19 they lose to boyle and imo had more talent. A slight drop off the last two years but covid made an impact from my view, but they can’t beat franklin county. Yes they have Kaden moorman, and yes he’s a stud, but corbin shut him and franklin down last year. So why couldn’t central? Central has more speed at every position and strength was debatable, but they haven’t been to the third round since 2019. I think that’s on the coaching. Steady decline in production from the departure of scroggins.

And with cortez stone, they should run right through most of the teams they play.
I agree with Central doesn't have the staff to put Central where Coach Scroggins did. They no doubt have a ton of talent every year. Central is still one of my top 5 programs currently in 4A. They just have too much talent every year. But Talent alone cant get it done. It takes coaching, game planning to win those deep playoff games. I remember reading a post from a Belfry coach saying, when Belfry played Central last year, it wasn't the same old Central in years past. That falls back on the coaching. Anyone with eyes can see what talent they have on the field. Belfry knows a opponent better than anyone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Gridiron_Raid
(07-09-2022, 12:14 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

Fc team that played Corbin is not even comparable to the one central played. Second fc vs central game fc sputtered. Barely won the game.