Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Belfry 33 Paducah Tilghman 28
(12-04-2021, 05:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 05:25 PM)nemo Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 05:10 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I may have missed it but any of the stats today for Dixon?

Final game stats >

http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/arch...?id=367100

Dixon: 41 att/376 net yds (9.2 ypa)/5 TD
Longest run - 62 yds / 7 unassisted tackles.

Thanks Nemo! What a performance! It was something to see in person!

My pleasure, sir. Glad you and yours are enjoying Championship weekend. Grateful for all you do here on BGR.
Congrats Coach Haywood and Pond Creek, any one who counts you out better not me a betting man…
There is a Supreme Being after all . It must be this man that created the Universe. How great thou art !!!    AMAZING!!!

[Image: https://www.fca.org/images/default-sourc...9449bc7a_1]
Congratulations to the Belfry Pirates
(12-04-2021, 05:12 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: If Dixon doesn't get a football scholarship at a Division 1 school after today then idk what an individual would have to do to get one. Kid has all the tools. Heart, toughness, speed, iq, size.
I have felt for years our kids (eastern ky) dont  get looked at like they should by the d1 schools.Congrats to belfry and dixon. what a game
Way to go Mountaineers! Congratulations to Paducah Tilghman on a fine season.
I don’t care what belfry record says can’t ever count them out in the big game
I’d love to see Coach Haywood walking off the field giving a Triple H suck it sign not to Puducah’s sideline but to Belfry’s sideline. They counting that team out all season with how they started and here they are.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Dixon was a beast. The rest of 3a is probably glad this was his last hs game.

Belfry rushed for nearly 500 yards and PT had a chance to win. That's impressive too.
I want to give a big shout our the o-line as well. They played great. I also wanted to say how proud I was of my son Logan Mccoy #53 in the o-line. Just three short weeks ago he completed tore his ACL and partial tear of meniscus and high grade sprain of lateral ligament. He worked his tail of in PT and got motion back in it and played the entire game. No one thought he would be able to but he told me the last two weeks he would play if they made it. It takes a man to go out there and play like he did with a Completely tore out knee. Congrats to him the o-line and to Dixion. I hope he gets the looks from college that he deserves.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belfry fan 75's post:
  • BoondockSaint, pirateforlife
(12-04-2021, 07:32 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: I want to give a big shout our the o-line as well. They played great. I also wanted to say how proud I was of my son Logan Mccoy #53 in the o-line. Just three short weeks ago he completed tore his ACL and partial tear of meniscus and high grade sprain of lateral ligament. He worked his tail of in PT and got motion back in it and played the entire game. No one thought he would be able to but he told me the last two weeks he would play if they made it. It takes a man to go out there and play like he did with a Completely tore out knee. Congrats to him the o-line and to Dixion. I hope he gets the looks from college that he deserves.
Your son is one tough kid! That took a lot of guts and toughness to do that. If I'm not mistaken he was in a wheelchair at the LC game. I hope he gets a scholarship!
That was THE BEST football game I have EVER been to in my life! So proud of my Pirates! Simply remarkable! 8 State Titles!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes BelfryPride's post:
  • truebluefan89
He was in a wheelchair. That was two days after it happened. He has a few offers but we will see. 2nd knee surgery in less than a year. Tore his left ACL and had it repaired 9months ago.
(12-04-2021, 08:05 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: He was in a wheelchair. That was two days after it happened. He has a few offers but we will see. 2nd knee surgery in less than a year. Tore his left ACL and had it repaired 9months ago.
Best of luck to your son!
First off. Congrats to PT on a great season. Belfry was just a little too much today. Someone already said that PT will prob hoist a trophy before the freshman class leaves. That’s prob true. Belfry moved the ball at will today. PT stopped them a couple times but that was it. The O line and Dixon just wore them out. Shout out to the FB as well. Got some tough yards to give Dixon a break when he needed it. Big time hit on the kick off causing the fumble sealed it. Big plays came at the right time. During the second half you could see the runs for Dixon getting longer and longer. Clearly PT was getting a little worn down. Still one of the best games I’ve seen. Congrats Pirates.
From this Lifelong PT fan, my hat is off to Belfry-
It was one heck  of a game that went back and forth, with both teams catching lightning in a bottle often.
Both offenses gave each others defense fits, Belfry with an outstanding power game, and PT flashed the ball all over the place, but Dixon is definitely a game changer.
However we are extremely proud of our Freshman Qb Jack James and Sophmore Rb Malachi Rider who managed a salty 110 yards himself out of his 5'6" frame.
Belfry has a great program and tradition, and that is why they managed to turn their season around and never get rattled.
I am very happy to see our first-year coach bring our team around to be there within a score at the end, hopefully he will continue to build that program back into the tradition it should have as the athletes and speed have never left.
Belfry is one-dimensional, but I say that as a compliment because they may very well be the best one-dimensional team I have ever seen. Big props to their o-line as well.
Overall a great game with very few flags thrown either way.
[-] The following 5 users Like truebluefan89's post:
  • cuppett777, EKUAlum05, skully03, Spud6, Westside
(12-04-2021, 08:38 PM)truebluefan89 Wrote: From this Lifelong PT fan, my hat is off to Belfry-
It was one heck  of a game that went back and forth, with both teams catching lightning in a bottle often.
Both offenses gave each others defense fits, Belfry with an outstanding power game, and PT flashed the ball all over the place, but Dixon is definitely a game changer.
However we are extremely proud of our Freshman Qb Jack James and Sophmore Rb Malachi Rider who managed a salty 110 yards himself out of his 5'6" frame.
Belfry has a great program and tradition, and that is why they managed to turn their season around and never get rattled.
I am very happy to see our first-year coach bring our team around to be there within a score at the end, hopefully he will continue to build that program back into the tradition it should have as the athletes and speed have never left.
Belfry is one-dimensional, but I say that as a compliment because they may very well be the best one-dimensional team I have ever seen. Big props to their o-line as well.

Great Post! I think we will see Paducah Tilghman again!
Congratulations to the Pirates, well done
Congrats to Belfry!!!
(12-04-2021, 08:38 PM)truebluefan89 Wrote: From this Lifelong PT fan, my hat is off to Belfry-

A very classy post.  PT gave Belfry all they wanted.  You're right.  Dixon was the difference in this one.  Congrats Belfry.
First class post.

Coach Thompson won me over with this post season performance and the way PT plays and then I became a fan after how he handled the post game questions. 

Tilghman is loaded with fantastic young talent who play the game the right way and play with a ton of heart.
The best is still to come in Paducah.

I see at least one title in the upcoming years, maybe more!
(12-04-2021, 04:26 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Great game. If there’s a better running back in ky than number 3 for belfry I’ve yet to see him! PT PLAYED LIGHTS OUT, and starting 6 freshman! I’m not sure that kick off return man wasn’t down before the fumble tho, anyway, proud of PT, they’ll be back.
The KO return was close, but clearly not down as I’ve watched that hit from a Belfry freshman Isaiah Stanley.  That hit saved Belfry from having to defend PT one more time lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like bucslover68's post:
  • BoondockSaint, skully03
Anybody got the final team stats for the game? Wondering about time of possession, felt like Belfry had the ball for 35 minutes of the game.
(12-04-2021, 04:48 PM)nemo Wrote: Congratulations Belfry!

Great progress made by both teams throughout the season to earn their way into the finals. Classic EKY vs WKY game.

Link to Championship Final stat book >

http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/arch...?id=367100

(12-04-2021, 10:18 PM)wooderson Wrote: Anybody got the final team stats for the game?  Wondering about time of possession, felt like Belfry had the ball for 35 minutes of the game.

I think they are here.
Thanks Bull, didn’t see that earlier. Belfry with possession of the ball almost 33 minutes feels about right.
I know it sure seemed like it, Paducah Tilghman was no joke on offense. Key to the game for Belfry.
Is dixon a senior? What school is he looking at?
(12-04-2021, 10:50 PM)HOFER Wrote: Is dixon a senior? What school is he looking at?

He was a senior last year Smile . I think he is preferred walk on at WVU. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
A couple of observations:

- Dixon = beast. Belfry GOAT? Likely. But I'm sure Isaac hopes he's not the last Belfry GOAT.
- Tilghman is for real. I would not be surprised if they win one soon. As long as it isn't against Belfry! Ha.
- Always take points when you can, but when Belfry went ahead with 1:40 and change in the second quarter, I thought they left too much time on the clock. That proved true, but I didn't expect PT to score 14 points in 12 seconds.
- Two great plays on kickoffs, forcing turnovers. Kind of a wash. One led to the go ahead PT score on the last play of the half, yet the second one essentially sealed the game for Belfry.
- Aside from forcing two lost fumbles, PT had no defensive answer for Belfry. This despite knowing the run is coming on every play.
- still, a back and forth game. Despite both entering the game with 8-6 records, I believe the two best 3A teams played today.

On a side note, I despise a high school RPI system. It's too easy to manipulate on the high school level. It makes no sense that #14 plays #15 in the championship. Teams should strengthen their schedule to make their team better, not to manipulate the system for home field advantage. There was nothing wrong with even district/regions/even years and odd districts/regions/odd years lining up the bracket, with an east vs west championship. This is high school, and each half of the state should have representation. Yes, sometimes the two best teams wont play for the championship. That's OK. Think the Sweet 16. It isn't the best 16 schools, but 16 parts of the state with a representative.

But that's a whole different topic for another time.

Congratulations Belfry. Tremendous win.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hurricane Storm's post:
  • BoondockSaint, skully03
Great game. Congrats to Belfry and its fans. PT hung closer than I thought they would and there were flickers of a very promising future. There is a lot of talent in the queue. But there simply has to be an answer rather than just watching a very capable back embark unfettered on multiple excursions around and through your defense for four quarters. If you cant fix that - history will repeat itself. Start on it Monday. Isaac Dixon's achievements this year were not exactly a secret but it looked as PT was completely blindsided and had no idea about how to stop him.