Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 33 Paducah Tilghman 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final!!

Congratulations Pond Creek Nation!!!!
Congratulations to Belfry. Also Congratulations to Paducah Tilghman a great season as well.
Congratulations Belfry Pirates!
Congratulations Belfry!!
Dixon just may have had the most impressive individual performance in a state championship game I'veever seen. Doug Howard in 04 was at the top of my list but today was unbelievable. A lot of people said a couple months ago this team had no chance to win the title. I told them just wait and see. They have Philip Haywood and Isaac Dixon.
Somebody get me a Belfry State Champ shirt. I’m now a fan. What a program. Congratulations
Great game. If there’s a better running back in ky than number 3 for belfry I’ve yet to see him! PT PLAYED LIGHTS OUT, and starting 6 freshman! I’m not sure that kick off return man wasn’t down before the fumble tho, anyway, proud of PT, they’ll be back.
Congratulations Belfry! Paducah Tilghman was a wry good Team! Congratulations on your season as well!
Congrats to Belfry. Dixon is a great great player. It’s a shame the 2 best teams from the east had to play in district championship. Lawrence County only losing 21-14 to Belfry at Belfry proves how good of a team they had this year.

Also congrats to Paducah Tilghman on a great season as well.
A interesting stat I heard today in now Belfry's last 6 titles that they have won they have completed a total of 2 passes for 9 yards in those 6 title game victories. That's amazing when a team knows what you are going to do and still can not stop it.
What a game. Congratulations to Belfry! What a stud running back.

Congrats to Paducah on a great season.

What a clean football game. Good sportsmanship all during the game
Dixon. GOAT. Period.
He is hands down the best RB and arguably the best individual player in Belfry history.
I have to say it though... anyone who thought that comparing Glasgow and their heavy footed FB to what Belfry was bringing obviously got a Kahn Academy course today.

Freshman Isaiah Stanley is going to be a stud himself. HUGE hit on that long kickoff return to lead to a fumble. That play cannot be ignored.

Tilghman is going to be a force the next few years. Rider is so tough and the Freshman QB is going to be a star. The Senior Camdon Marshall played his heart out! I think PT hoists a trophy before this Freshman class leaves for sure.
Isaac Dixon

41 carries, 376 yards, 5 TD's
By the way... Belfry was too one dimensional again.

I wish they would throw the ball more instead of winning State Titles, Clearly they are too easy to stop.
(12-04-2021, 04:35 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: [ -> ]By the way... Belfry was too one dimensional again.

I wish they would throw the ball more instead of winning State Titles, Clearly they are too easy to stop.
Smile
That's what I'm talking about...way to go Pirates!!

When I left the Pikeville-Belfry game a few months ago I didn't think Belfry had much of a chance to make a deep playoff run this season and definitely didn't think they could win it all...I should have known better because Belfry is the type of program that can win a state title during what many expected would be a rebuilding season. Coach Haywood and his staff did a phenomenal job this season as usual.

Tilghman is most likely gonna be coming back to the state championship game in the near future...they have a whole lot of young talent and congrats to the Blue Tornado on a great season.
(12-04-2021, 04:33 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: [ -> ]Dixon. GOAT. Period.
He is hands down the best RB and arguably the best individual player in Belfry history.
I have to say it though... anyone who thought that comparing Glasgow and their heavy footed FB to what Belfry was bringing obviously got a Kahn Academy course today.

Freshman Isaiah Stanley is going to be a stud himself. HUGE hit on that long kickoff return to lead to a fumble. That play cannot be ignored.

Tilghman is going to be a force the next few years. Rider is so tough and the Freshman QB is going to be a star. The Senior Camdon Marshall played his heart out! I think PT hoists a trophy before this Freshman class leaves for sure.
 No doubt, high probability PT scores with limited time for Belfry to answer.
Lawrence wasn’t the the 2nd best team in the state lol. Apparently you didn’t just watch the game. Maybe top 10 but lots of teams that got put out early were better. Step up your schedule and go play some teams like Belfry does every year before even talking like you are contenders!!
Congratulations Belfry!

Great progress made by both teams throughout the season to earn their way into the finals. Classic EKY vs WKY game.

Link to Championship Final stat book >

http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/arch...?id=367100
(12-04-2021, 04:34 PM)Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Isaac Dixon

41 carries, 376 yards, 5 TD's

Unreal Wow …….
Congrats to the pirates on a hard fought game. Dixon is a beast!!!
Congrats, Belfry, on another state title! That was a very impressive individual performance by Isaac Dixon and another one of many great coaching efforts to guide Belfry to the state finals again.
Lawrence County played Belfry closer than East Carter but I think I take East Carter head to head.

Lawrence had a better game plan and executed it better In the rematch as opposed to EC, but I also feel Lawrence benefitted from a Belfry team who didn’t exactly enter fully healthy and also got a bit too cocky after jumping out 14-0 on the heels of a blowout win in the first meeting.

Comparable teams, but EC had bigger big play potential and their QB was more dangerous so I give them the edge.

Tilghman was by far the best 3A team Belfry faced in the playoffs and the margin is wide.
(12-04-2021, 04:47 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence wasn’t the the 2nd best team in the state lol. Apparently you didn’t just watch the game. Maybe top 10 but lots of teams that got put out early were better. Step up your schedule and go play some teams like Belfry does every year before even talking like you are contenders!!
No one said state. I said the eastern part of the state. The only other team comparable in the east is East Carter IMO but their defense isn’t as good as LC. So, maybe learn to comprehend the the written language of English before making a smart a** remark.

(12-04-2021, 04:57 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence County played Belfry closer than East Carter but I think I take East Carter head to head.

Lawrence had a better game plan and executed it better In the rematch as opposed to EC, but I also feel Lawrence benefitted from a Belfry team who didn’t exactly enter fully healthy and also got a bit too cocky after jumping out 14-0 on the heels of a blowout win in the first meeting.

Comparable teams, but EC had bigger big play potential and their QB was more dangerous so I give them the edge.

Tilghman was by far the best 3A team Belfry faced in the playoffs and the margin is wide.
East Carter is very comparable and the closet team from the east to Belfry and LC but IMO LC defense was better than EC.
(12-04-2021, 04:33 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: [ -> ]Dixon. GOAT. Period.

Dixon is unbelievable and you have an argument to call him the greatest back in Belfry history but there is a guy named Doug Howard who you can make a strong argument for also. Both were tremendous football players at Belfry.
I may have missed it but any of the stats today for Dixon?
If Dixon doesn't get a football scholarship at a Division 1 school after today then idk what an individual would have to do to get one. Kid has all the tools. Heart, toughness, speed, iq, size.
(12-04-2021, 05:10 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I may have missed it but any of the stats today for Dixon?

Final game stats >

Dixon: 41 att/376 net yds (9.2 ypa)/5 TD
Longest run - 62 yds / 7 unassisted tackles.
(12-04-2021, 05:10 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I may have missed it but any of the stats today for Dixon?

41 carries, 376 yards, 5 TD’s
(12-04-2021, 05:25 PM)nemo Wrote: [ -> ]

Final game stats >

Dixon: 41 att/376 net yds (9.2 ypa)/5 TD
Longest run - 62 yds / 7 unassisted tackles.

Thanks Nemo! What a performance! It was something to see in person!
Pages: 1 2 3