Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs. Johnson Central - Apple Bowl
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Yeah, i agree, real good post. But have to admit, it made me laugh also. Jus some of the examples you used and flashbacks to some of the goofy a$$ stuff thats went on before over this game.

Redneck talkin bout beer? I didnt know anyone drank beer on Apple Day??!!! It is good tho to numb the legs after all that standing around and walking.

And a heads-up to anyone that hasnt been to JC stadium since the new visitor bleachers were finished....They are WAYYYYYYYY better seats than the home side right now. Hopefully some of the Tiger maniacs wont be too harsh on some of us that sit over there in JC colors!!

I'll get up with you Ring'Em Up. Any way you can get me a discount on the bloomin' onion's from the Cal Ripken stand on Friday? That's one of the only reasons I go to Apple Day.
GRIZZ Wrote:I'll get up with you Ring'Em Up. Any way you can get me a discount on the bloomin' onion's from the Cal Ripken stand on Friday? That's one of the only reasons I go to Apple Day.

I can get ya a discount on them brats at the Rotary booth.
Johnson Central, BIG! 49-0, nothing against Paintsville, but JC's just too good.
1-0 Johnson Central.

That would be by forfeit, by the way, if Paintsville has a brain cell.
Toaster Wrote:1-0 Johnson Central.

That would be by forfeit, by the way, if Paintsville has a brain cell.

You need to go read GRIZZ's post on the first page. Rolleyes

Hey, Ringem Up, Will they let ya drive over to the other side to save such a long walk. Some of us would like to get alittle closer if ya know what i mean. I know I would be thankful if I could.
OffTheHook Wrote:You need to go read GRIZZ's post on the first page. Rolleyes

Hey, Ringem Up, Will they let ya drive over to the other side to save such a long walk. Some of us would like to get alittle closer if ya know what i mean. I know I would be thankful if I could.

I'll get ya sumthin in few mins about that Confusedhh:

:thumpsup:
Just an added note for anyone interested.......
The JCHS Football boosters will be having a Pig Roast Fundraiser and Bonfire on Wednesday Oct 3rd, to kick off the festivities for the 2007 edition of the Annual Apple Bowl. The pig roast will begin at 6:30 with the bonfire to follow around 8:30. Admission is $1 and the dinner, which is optional, will be $5, which includes fresh roasted pig, baked beans, cole slaw and drink. There will be music, cheerleaders and the JCHS football team on hand to get everyone ready for the following night's game. The festivities will take place at the JCHS football field.
We invite EVERYONE in the community to come join us for all the fun and great food.:Hungry: Hope to see you Wednesday night!!!

:letsparty
Redneck Wrote:I can get ya a discount on them brats at the Rotary booth.

If they have some veggies and spicey mustard in reach I'll definately take you up on that.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Just an added note for anyone interested.......
The JCHS Football boosters will be having a Pig Roast Fundraiser and Bonfire on Wednesday Oct 3rd, to kick off the festivities for the 2007 edition of the Annual Apple Bowl. The pig roast will begin at 6:30 with the bonfire to follow around 8:30. Admission is $1 and the dinner, which is optional, will be $5, which includes fresh roasted pig, baked beans, cole slaw and drink. There will be music, cheerleaders and the JCHS football team on hand to get everyone ready for the following night's game. The festivities will take place at the JCHS football field.
We invite EVERYONE in the community to come join us for all the fun and great food.:Hungry: Hope to see you Wednesday night!!!

Man I would love to be there for that, ain't nothing better than a good ole' pig roast but I have a Calculus test first thing Thursday morning, but after that its off to good ole' Paintsville.
JC will run away with this one.
JC - 50
PV- 7
It's my understanding that this is the last apple bowl. Is this true???
^^I sure hope so.
Johnson Central- 56
Paintsville- 12
Nike Man Wrote:It's my understanding that this is the last apple bowl. Is this true???

They've been saying that for last 10 years, I really don't see it though the schools are making too much money from this game.
During the next go around of scheduling games I don't think it would be that hard to try and bring in Prestonsburg and Lawrence Co. Have them play the game at one location on the same night and still make about the same amount of money if not more. Bring in some close teams that you know will bring a big crowd if those two are unavailable. Then the next year have them switch locations and teams. That would be my resolution to all the problems that this game brings. Just my opinion though.
One thing this game will bring together is to young men that grew up together at Lawrence Co and played together sence they was 5 years old untill they both decided to transfer to were they are now Mr. Humphrey and Mr. Dials are two fine young men that play the game the way it should be played and thats with thier hearts and talent both these kids are good friends and this will be the last time they will be on the same field together they both have had some great battles together in the past and now it will agiants each other I hope they both have a good game and get the chance to enjoy and watch each other's abilty to play the game and when its all over go out and give each other a big old hug and wish each other the best . Because after all they was in the same family for a long time . The Dawg Family that is . Good luck to both teams in the famous Apple BowlTongueirateSho
GRIZZ Wrote:During the next go around of scheduling games I don't think it would be that hard to try and bring in Prestonsburg and Lawrence Co. Have them play the game at one location on the same night and still make about the same amount of money if not more. Bring in some close teams that you know will bring a big crowd if those two are unavailable. Then the next year have them switch locations and teams. That would be my resolution to all the problems that this game brings. Just my opinion though.

That sounds good and all. But, finding a team that is willing to travel to the two locations year in and year out might be alittle hard. Pretty soon they will start asking for a cut. I say just keep the money in the county for both schools.
Here is the CalPreps Projection and a link to the site

Paintsville (KY) at Johnson Central (Paintsville, KY), 7:30pm [projection: Johnson Central (Paintsville, KY) 48-10]

http://www.calpreps.com/2007/week_Kentucky_5.htm
I hope this is the last Apple Bowl. Class 5a vs. Class A, have both schools get an opponent and exchange venues. Central has come of age in football. Coach M has been able to get kids to come out for football that are actuaully good for football. That wasn't the case for the first 37 years at JCHS. Central will continue to win at football, lose at basketball and swap outwith Paintsville back and fourth at baseball. That will continue until my kids are typing on bluegrass rivals.
Johnson Central.
OffTheHook Wrote:That sounds good and all. But, finding a team that is willing to travel to the two locations year in and year out might be alittle hard. Pretty soon they will start asking for a cut. I say just keep the money in the county for both schools.

I see where you are coming from, but after their two year contract is up find someone else. You could bring in Sheldon Clark, Pikeville, Belfry, Magoffin Co. and so on. I would also like to see them bring back the Big Sandy Bowl. That was always a good money maker and it allowed both schools to play a game on each others field. Have one keep the gate strictly from the BSB and the other from an Apply Day Classic or they can just split it down the middle.
Watchful Eye Wrote:I hope this is the last Apple Bowl. Class 5a vs. Class A, have both schools get an opponent and exchange venues. Central has come of age in football. Coach M has been able to get kids to come out for football that are actuaully good for football. That wasn't the case for the first 37 years at JCHS. Central will continue to win at football, lose at basketball and swap outwith Paintsville back and fourth at baseball. That will continue until my kids are typing on bluegrass rivals.

Do you really believe that?
Watchful Eye Wrote:I hope this is the last Apple Bowl. Class 5a vs. Class A, have both schools get an opponent and exchange venues. Central has come of age in football. Coach M has been able to get kids to come out for football that are actuaully good for football. That wasn't the case for the first 37 years at JCHS. Central will continue to win at football, lose at basketball and swap outwith Paintsville back and fourth at baseball. That will continue until my kids are typing on bluegrass rivals.

What a completely ridiculous post!!!!!

Yeah I can see why you hope that this is the last year for the Apple Bowl. Heck you cant even get a score for 24 hours after a Paintsville game even when they win big over their district doormats. By the way,Johnson Central has been very good at football for about the last 12 years, minus the 3 years after Musick left. Musick had some extremely good teams. They also had some very good teams in the 70's as well under Tene VanHoose. Last 37 years is a completely ridiculous comment, although I agree that the 3 Humphries and Ross years were very bad .

As for basketball, Paintsville has not won a regional championship for the last 9 years and Johnson Central has won two of them in the same time frame, so I guess that makes Paintsville an even more losing program than Paintsville for the last DECADE. As far as losing I believe that Paintsville has had a couple of sub .500 years here lately, (and correct me if I am wrong but Johnson Central came very close to running Paintsville off their own home court this past season). After this year I would say it goes back to scheduling some of the cream puffs that Bill Mike scheduled about 3 years ago for several years to come. I'll even go out on a limb here and predict that after this year it will be a very long time before Paintsville will be able to even stay on the same gym floor with Johnson Central, and I predict the same apathy for the basketball program that you see for the football program right now after Bill Mike hangs it up. The numbers are up huge right now in preseason conditioning under Tommy's guidance. Johnson Central will be very good in basketball AGAIN in just a very short period of time.

As far as baseball, Central has had one final four team and one elite 8 team in the last 4 years, while Paintsville has not won a regional championship since what about 2001? I really like and respect the Paintsville baseball staff, and hope and expect they will continue to do well, but you will see for the most part kids stay put in their respective schools. You just tell me why a Johnson County player would want to venture away from the brand new facilities that are on the way. Johnson Central's baseball program the last four years have been one of the most successful programs east of Lexington. Sounds equally ridiculous.

I just hope your kids are able to keep their stats and facts in a little better order than you are doing when they start typing this "anti"-propaganda, that I wish would go away.
Mr. Kimball, YOUR AN IDOT!!!!!!! JC is not the TEAM, you think they are. So they finally win some, so they are KING of the area, don' think so. They should have been winning a long time ago. Finally, if they sucked against Woodford County that bad, we are really going to look bad in the play off if we make there.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Just an added note for anyone interested.......

Seems like nobody wants to get together before the game. Guess it is just you and me. Meet you at the grill. Help me keep an eye on my car.
BigEagle Wrote:Mr. Kimball, YOUR AN IDOT!!!!!!! JC is not the TEAM, you think they are. So they finally win some, so they are KING of the area, don' think so. They should have been winning a long time ago. Finally, if they sucked against Woodford County that bad, we are really going to look bad in the play off if we make there.

Considering you are a Paintsville poster masking as a Johnson Central poster I have to say that I am very honored by your post. Smile

I sincerely take it as a compliment. It just reinforces the obvious.
BigEagle Wrote:Mr. Kimball, YOUR AN IDOT!!!!!!! JC is not the TEAM, you think they are. So they finally win some, so they are KING of the area, don' think so. They should have been winning a long time ago. Finally, if they sucked against Woodford County that bad, we are really going to look bad in the play off if we make there.

Smile This is the most idiotic and ridiculous post I have seen on this site. Mr. Kimball is very knowledgable and speaks the truth. I think maybe you can ask for some knowledge of JC from Mr. Kimball because it seems you have very little. I am wondering if you are even in high school yet. I think that the Woodford was a wakeup call and every team needs to have a good whuppn every now and then. I think Mr. Kimball hit the nail on the head when he says you will see JC become very elite in all its sports with the new facilities and the coaches they have in place at the present time. I wish the best of luck to both schools and have a great apple bowl if it is the last.

What's this we crap? Everybody knows you're a tiger fan with an JC user name.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:What a completely ridiculous post!!!!!

Yeah I can see why you hope that this is the last year for the Apple Bowl. Heck you cant even get a score for 24 hours after a Paintsville game even when they win big over their district doormats. By the way,Johnson Central has been very good at football for about the last 12 years, minus the 3 years after Musick left. Musick had some extremely good teams. They also had some very good teams in the 70's as well under Tene VanHoose. Last 37 years is a completely ridiculous comment, although I agree that the 3 Humphries and Ross years were very bad.

I wish it was still like the good ole days and when I played where the game could go either way. Much more exciting games. I think the most exciting one I participated in other than my Senior year was the game my Sophomore year, and we lost that game by 8.
Don Carlo Wrote:What's this we crap? Everybody knows you're a tiger fan with an JC user name.

Boy, we've got a real sharp one here dont we Don Carlo? Smile

Did you notice how it went from "they" to "we" in the same post ?

Hey BigEagle, If your going to try to play the game, at least learn how to play the game first.Rolleyes