Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs. Johnson Central - Apple Bowl
The Tigers will travel cross town to "The Nest" to take on there rival the Johnson Central Golden Eagles. The Eagles are coming off of a bye week and Paintsville is coming off of there 28-0 loss to Prestonsburg. Johnson Central should handle the Tigers. Good Luck to both.

Johnson Central- 56
Paintsville- 12
Best of luck to both teams. Hope each team represents their school to their best and all the garbage that normally goes on between the two off the field will be held in check.
J.C.-58
Paintsville-14
Good luck to both teams. I have nothing but respect for both teams, but Im gonna have to take Johnson Central in this one 56-6..
Johnson Central
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JC-48
Paintsville-8
Johnson Central
Johnson Central 49
Paintsville 0
Johnson Central- 56
Paintsville- 0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
This should be a close game................................ Before kickoff...........

Johnson Central will control this one as soon as the coin is tossed and won't stop untill the final horn blows. Cross town rival after a loss and bye week. OUCH!!!!!!

My advice for Paintsville is to run the ball ALOT and get up slowly.....
good luck to both teams but i think johnson will come out on top in this one...
what time does the apple bowl actually start?
JC in a HUGE way, gonna get UGLY quick.

Hey JC's fans, what's this I heard yesterday about a bunch of kids quittin.
Is Grimm playing?
im just going to say haha
Redneck Wrote:JC in a HUGE way, gonna get UGLY quick.

Hey JC's fans, what's this I heard yesterday about a bunch of kids quittin.

Oh please, do share?
Kayaker Wrote:Oh please, do share?

Didn't get any names, just what I heard. I'm sure it wasn't any of the boys that actually play. That's why I was askin, you got any info.
JC will win by as much as they want. Woodford County game was a wake up call. Wonder how early everyone will get there? What about a get together for any members that are interested?
johnson central- 56
paintsville- 7
THOMCAT Wrote:JC will win by as much as they want. Woodford County game was a wake up call. Wonder how early everyone will get there? What about a get together for any members that are interested?

:letspartySounds like a good idea, Cat. Anyone else interested? maybe keep a tab on here for a few days of anyone that would like to meet, Thomcat, and then set sumthin up later in the week???? With the Thursday nite kickoff, maybe some out-of-towners be checkin in also.
Too bad it same nite as Cats-Gamecocks tho. Should be able to leave by halftime, and get home for rest of UK game tho.
Guys I would love to come but Kentucky is playing so I won't be able to make it.
Sounds good to me, I'll bring the beer, for those of us who are of age anyways, lol.

:beer:
What time is the game set to start?
Where you gonna be Redneck? lol
1911 Wrote:What time is the game set to start?

Its scheduled to start at 7:30pm but when Johnson Central plays at home they usually start at 7:45ish.
JC 101
P-ville 0
HOWBOUTDEMBOYZ Wrote:JC 101
P-ville 0

Do you think they could?
Like I said in an earlier post, I hope that all the garbage and non-realistic comments about the game would be held in check. Well it was but just for a little over a day. As for the score 101-0, thats far off from what should happen. Johnson Central will be out to make a point after losing their shot for a district title on their own field. This game means a lot to the people of Johnson County and probably more so to Johnson Central than Paintsville. The reason I say that is because at the start of the school year both schools put out ads talking about how great their schools are. Under achievements JC had District Champs, Regional Champs, which is very understandable because they had a hell of a year last season, but they boasted the fact that they were Apple Bowl Champs. If they were trying to put out all their bowl wins and team triumphs from last season, then why wasn't the Big Sandy RECC Bowl mentioned? Probably because the Apple Bowl means more to them than what some people actually put on when they say it is just another game. Also, I think it depends on the substitution used by JC in this game. If JC gets up like they did against Bryan Station then sub their JV in but bring back in the starters because Bryan Station continued to play their starters, then it will get pretty nasty. Paintsville has maybe 1/5 the amount of players that JC does so there really won't be a chance for them to bring a JV in during the course of the game and will probably have to play the starters the entire game since it is all that is all they have. I really could care less if JC wins by 100 or Paintsville wins by 100. The hype surrounding the game is mainly from outsiders looking in and not the players on the field. I just don't see why people cannot root for a hard fought game between the two instead of we rule, you suck, your momma stuff from the winning team. I lived it so I know what goes on. Sure you have some bragging rights but there is no need to hold it over someone for the rest of their life and that is what happens. This game has no positive outlook and they really should have done away with it after both schools were painted up, trash was dumped on JC's field, and Paintsville's practice sleds burnt by non-players back in 2001. The barrel is the worst thing that has happend to the two schools, I just wish they would either burn the dang thing or cut it in half and give each school their respective ends with their little plaques. It is very easy to schedule an Apple Day classic and have both schools play at one location and let the hose school keep the gate or split it. They will still probably make the same amount of money and it will cut out on all the bullshit that the Apple Bowl brings with it. Now with that said, I am a supporter of both schools but I just don't think that someone should be disrespected or have a grudge against someone because what colors they wear. All that I hope for is that this game doesn't do the normal tear the town apart for 2 weeks ordeal, an injury free game for both teams, and excellent sportsmanship from the fans, players, and coaches. Best of luck to both schools and see you all Thursday.
OffTheHook Wrote:Where you gonna be Redneck? lol

IDK yet, but I'll be sure to let ya know...
Good post GRIZZ...
Yeah, i agree, real good post. But have to admit, it made me laugh also. Jus some of the examples you used and flashbacks to some of the goofy a$$ stuff thats went on before over this game.

Redneck talkin bout beer? I didnt know anyone drank beer on Apple Day??!!! It is good tho to numb the legs after all that standing around and walking.

And a heads-up to anyone that hasnt been to JC stadium since the new visitor bleachers were finished....They are WAYYYYYYYY better seats than the home side right now. Hopefully some of the Tiger maniacs wont be too harsh on some of us that sit over there in JC colors!!