Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCB: Pike Central vs Shelby Valley
what time is kickoff?
NYY10 Wrote:what time is kickoff?

Supposed to be 6 PM on Saturday, Aug 25. First game of the night at Pikeville.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm telling you now that Shelby Valley is going to come to the PCB fired up and ready to play and PCC won't expect it.
More Cowbell Wrote:I never said anything about Central's or Valley's D-linemen, so I don't know why you replied with that comment. Whatever.

I was rebutting your earlier argument that Central's defense was going to be a force because they were hitting and working hard at practice. My point was that every team is out there working and hitting hard at practice, so it hardly makes one team special when they are doing it.

I will state again that the game will likely turn on a big play, like a turnover or long TD run. This has been the case a lot in the recent history of this series.

The comment about the 5.0 DL was a responce to Kysports not you.

And i agree it will come down to the big play.
I guarantee that SV has 3 players that is faster than Merchant.
Ok this should be no game at all, i have herd all about PC practices and how their preparing to beat SV but i dont care how many practices a day they have they will never have a practice like SV. I have been to all of Valley practices, they practice once a day but the practices they do have u couldn't imagine how hard they are. All of SV players are alot bigger and stronger this season and should come out and not even be considered a game against PC. Merchet is very fast but not the fastest and fall like ne one else if he gets hit SV will come out and win the game

SV: 36
PC:6
Well I thinks its time iv made my prediction on this game considering how "undiscribable" SV practices are, and from what iv seen PC do I think i will give this one to Pike Central. Finial Score:
Pike Central-35
Shelby Valley-28
winner Wrote:Ok this should be no game at all, i have herd all about PC practices and how their preparing to beat SV but i dont care how many practices a day they have they will never have a practice like SV. I have been to all of Valley practices, they practice once a day but the practices they do have u couldn't imagine how hard they are. All of SV players are alot bigger and stronger this season and should come out and not even be considered a game against PC. Merchet is very fast but not the fastest and fall like ne one else if he gets hit SV will come out and win the game

SV: 36
PC:6
Do you think you are the only ones that are working hard? I can guarantee that Coach Mac has those kids up on the hill working their butts off just as hard as the kids at SV are. And if you have been to every Valley practice then you don't seem to have much time to attend other practices throughout the county so how to you know that you are working the hardest? Valley could actually have the easiest practices.

The amount of effort that a team puts out during practice doesn't show how well they will do in a game. All teams at this time of the year are working as hard as they can!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:The comment about the 5.0 DL was a responce to Kysports not you.

And i agree it will come down to the big play.

We're cool. You had quoted me in that post, but if you say that comment wasn't meant for me then I understand.

I'm glad we do agree on what will decide the game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
winner Wrote:Ok this should be no game at all, i have herd all about PC practices and how their preparing to beat SV but i dont care how many practices a day they have they will never have a practice like SV. I have been to all of Valley practices, they practice once a day but the practices they do have u couldn't imagine how hard they are.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Beef Wrote:Do you think you are the only ones that are working hard? I can guarantee that Coach Mac has those kids up on the hill working their butts off just as hard as the kids at SV are. And if you have been to every Valley practice then you don't seem to have much time to attend other practices throughout the county so how to you know that you are working the hardest? Valley could actually have the easiest practices.

The amount of effort that a team puts out during practice doesn't show how well they will do in a game. All teams at this time of the year are working as hard as they can!

Beef, you're right, this is exactly what I have been preaching throughout this thread. Everybody gets on here and says their team will win because they are 'working harder then everybody else' or because they 'want it more'. That's bull.

People, every team is out there busting their tails at practice because they want to win that first game. Just because your team is also practicing hard does not make them special, when all the other teams are doing it too.

I guarantee that both Central's and Valley's coaching staffs are working their players very hard, and when it comes time to play the game, the winner will be the team that executes the best and makes the fewest mistakes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yeah I think these two team are pretty evenly matched actually.
kysportsguru Wrote:Valley returns 8 starters on both sides of the ball. So they should be pretty good this year. Also their dfefense is going to be very quick and good. this is one of the fastest defenses i've seen in a very long time. I bet anyone that every starter can run their 40 in 5.0 or faster. But anyways back on the game. I think valley will win.

SV: 22
PCC: 8

Or at least the fastest defense you have seen since Valley's last game, when they saw Belfry's defense.
kysportsguru Wrote:I guarantee that SV has 3 players that is faster than Merchant.

merchant isnt even the fastest kid at central... he has very good guickness in short area... but in a longer run like 40 or 45 yards central has 2 or 3 kids that can out run him
Well I think the valley boys are still faster no matter how long the run is.
kysportsguru Wrote:I guarantee that SV has 3 players that is faster than Merchant.

well here is the fact you stated that they ALL run 5.0 or quicker 40s on the defence. Well to be honest their is no way so unless you know for sure then dont make a post like you did. At the Naia level on defence some players dont run a 5 flat 40. So basicly by your statement you are saying they have the quickest defence in high school and NAIA football. What a joke!!!
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:yeah I think these two team are pretty evenly matched actually.

Thank you. It's good to hear from someone else on here that doesn't think one of the teams (usually their team) will win in a blowout. Who would you give a slight edge to?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Thank you. It's good to hear from someone else on here that doesn't think one of the teams (usually their team) will win in a blowout. Who would you give a slight edge to?

Well this one will not and i mean no chance SHOULD it be a blow out unless one or the other just comes out not prepared at all in which i do not see either happening. I am going to go with PC by tops 6 points. But, Valley I know is a talented ball team I just think with the new offence it will keep Valley off balance. This game will really depend on the line for each team on both sides of the ball. IMO it is going to be a defencive battle and who ever blows a play like last seasons bad long snap for PC, or makes a big play with an INT or a fumble or a big sack that will be who wins this one. Neither team is a powerhouse and neither team really has an edge. I just hope and pray that both teams come out play their hearts and for gods sake boys keep your heads on straight and DO NOT try to fight. We all know their is bad blood but use that as a reason to bash your opponet into the ground each play and don't let it get to a fist fight be mature its a game just have fun.
As a former player for SV, I do know that Valley had quick linemen that ran around the 4.9-5.2 area. Only 2 of those linemen graduated last year, so I would say they still have a quick D/O-line. I haven't been to any of there practices this year so far. Valley could still have quick linemen if they didn't slack off or they could've stayed in shape, who knows. All I know is that we are going to have to wait until the PCB to see for ourselves. I just wish people from Valley would quit getting on here ans acting like they are the Sh**. If you want to get a point across, then talk with your pads on the field!!!!!

:mad:
Beef Wrote:Do you think you are the only ones that are working hard? I can guarantee that Coach Mac has those kids up on the hill working their butts off just as hard as the kids at SV are. And if you have been to every Valley practice then you don't seem to have much time to attend other practices throughout the county so how to you know that you are working the hardest? Valley could actually have the easiest practices.

What? Mac isn't known for his hard beat you in the dirt practices. I know becuase I played for him and coached under him. If you knew anything about Valley's coach you would understand that their practices are pretty grueling. I am in no way saying they are the toughest in the county but I would rank them pretty high up there.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well here is the fact you stated that they ALL run 5.0 or quicker 40s on the defence. Well to be honest their is no way so unless you know for sure then dont make a post like you did. At the Naia level on defence some players dont run a 5 flat 40. So basicly by your statement you are saying they have the quickest defence in high school and NAIA football. What a joke!!!

Let's get one thing straight, at the NAIA level you get a lot of D-1 caliber players that didn't make the grades to get into a D-1 college. Take Pikeville College for instance: I guarantee that every defensive back and every linebacker run under a 5.0 forty. On the D-line you probably have at least two who run under a 5.0 forty. There is 9 out of eleven right there putting a flaw in your statement. Let's say everyone at Valley runs a 4.9 forty exactly, which is under 5.0, they still wouldn't be collectively the fastest defense in KY high school football let alone at the NAIA level.
bigpun Wrote:Let's get one thing straight, at the NAIA level you get a lot of D-1 caliber players that didn't make the grades to get into a D-1 college. Take Pikeville College for instance: I guarantee that every defensive back and every linebacker run under a 5.0 forty. On the D-line you probably have at least two who run under a 5.0 forty. There is 9 out of eleven right there putting a flaw in your statement. Let's say everyone at Valley runs a 4.9 forty exactly, which is under 5.0, they still wouldn't be collectively the fastest defense in KY high school football let alone at the NAIA level.

Give me the posts of 40s for Pikeville College and then ill take your statement but untill you have a hard base for your argument then i can not agree w/ u. I know for one here at Cumberland every D- back does not run a 5 flat and one in particular is looking to start and he runs a 5.2 as a MLB.
bigpun Wrote:What? Mac isn't known for his hard beat you in the dirt practices. I know becuase I played for him and coached under him. If you knew anything about Valley's coach you would understand that their practices are pretty grueling. I am in no way saying they are the toughest in the county but I would rank them pretty high up there.

Just because his practices are grueling does not make Shelby Valley a lock to beat Pike Central. I'm sure they are also practicing hard, and both teams will go out there next Saturday and give it everything they've got.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i dont care how hard everybody has been practing this is goin to be a game to watch...
will find out saturday just how hard everybody has been practicing...
this is goin to be a game to watch two evenly matched teams i have a feeling this will be one hard hittin game should be something to watch...
only 11 days left
Is this game going to be televised on WYMT, or just the nightcap?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can anybody tell me if the Valley-Central game is going to be televised on WYMT? I know the Pikeville game will be, but I was wondering about the opener...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would imagine that they might televise it sometime.
WYMT reported tonight that SV got the best of Perry Central in their final scrimmage. SV scored 4 TD's to Perry's 0. Pike Central and Perry Central scrimmaged last week. Does anyone know the outcome of that scrimmage?
TRAIN85 Wrote:I would imagine that they might televise it sometime.

I hope so, it would be great for the Valley and Central kids to get some exposure like that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Thank you. It's good to hear from someone else on here that doesn't think one of the teams (usually their team) will win in a blowout. Who would you give a slight edge to?

Well from the scrimages I've seen I may give a slight edge to valley, but in my opinion it's still a toss up.