Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: PCB: Pike Central vs Shelby Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lets hear everyones thought on this PCB game.
Should be a great game between two evenly matched teams. Could possibly be the most competitive contest of the entire Pike County Bowl...

Recent history shows the games have been close:
2006 = SV 12, PC 6
2005 = SV 36, PC 22
2004 = PC 44, SV 38
Coach Saunders has done a great job putting some excitement back into the program. This should be a great game to watch. Go Cats!
this game should one of the better games this year...
GO HAWKS!!!
Pike Central is going to be very tough on the defensive side of the ball w/ 9 returning starters. They have some good numbers and have many kids who are no longer going both ways. Thus I see Pike Central winning this one if they can get their passing game going. The keys to PC in this one will be spreading the ball around, running some Iso and option keeps and simply keeping the Valley defence off balance. On defence I dont think they will have to worry much they are quick, strong and smart. They are hitting hard and working even harder watch out for this bunch of young men they are going to be a force.
McNamee's decision to move Merchant to runningback will speed up and add excitement to their offense. HAWKS BY 3 IN A CLOSE ONE!
Valley returns 8 starters on both sides of the ball. So they should be pretty good this year. Also their dfefense is going to be very quick and good. this is one of the fastest defenses i've seen in a very long time. I bet anyone that every starter can run their 40 in 5.0 or faster. But anyways back on the game. I think valley will win.

SV: 22
PCC: 8
Valley-24
Pike Co-18
Pike Central's new offense will help them out a lot if their QB can handle the responsibility.
I think it will be one of the closest games all year. At least on paper it appears to be that way.
kysportsguru Wrote:Valley returns 8 starters on both sides of the ball. So they should be pretty good this year. Also their dfefense is going to be very quick and good. this is one of the fastest defenses i've seen in a very long time. I bet anyone that every starter can run their 40 in 5.0 or faster. But anyways back on the game. I think valley will win.

SV: 22
PCC: 8
I can't imagine either team stopping the other this much.
IMO, this one could be a high scoring shootout.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I can't imagine either team stopping the other this much.
IMO, this one could be a high scoring shootout.

Or a defensive battle.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Pike Central is going to be very tough on the defensive side of the ball w/ 9 returning starters. They have some good numbers and have many kids who are no longer going both ways. Thus I see Pike Central winning this one if they can get their passing game going. The keys to PC in this one will be spreading the ball around, running some Iso and option keeps and simply keeping the Valley defence off balance. On defence I dont think they will have to worry much they are quick, strong and smart. They are hitting hard and working even harder watch out for this bunch of young men they are going to be a force.

According to all the other posts on these threads, every team is out there hitting and practicing hard. So I don't think that is going to make the difference in this game. This matchup will likely turn on a big play, like a long touchdown run or a fumble recovery.
More Cowbell Wrote:Should be a great game between two evenly matched teams. Could possibly be the most competitive contest of the entire Pike County Bowl...

Recent history shows the games have been close:
2006 = SV 12, PC 6
2005 = SV 36, PC 22
2004 = PC 44, SV 38

Some one please retrive the score for the 2003 game. That was my favorite game of my high school career!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Some one please retrive the score for the 2003 game. That was my favorite game of my high school career!
It was your favorite game yet you don't remember the score?
Smile that cracked me up for some reason, lol..
bigpun Wrote:It was your favorite game yet you don't remember the score?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Smile that cracked me up for some reason, lol..
I'm glad I got your day started off with a laugh.
More Cowbell Wrote:According to all the other posts on these threads, every team is out there hitting and practicing hard. So I don't think that is going to make the difference in this game. This matchup will likely turn on a big play, like a long touchdown run or a fumble recovery.

Pike Central only lost one starter, their MLB on defence so it should be interesting to see how they do.

Oh and their is no way Valley's defensive line can run a 5 flat or under 40 alot of college D Line men cant do that. Plus if they dont have the form they will be on their backs most of the game.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Pike Central only lost one starter, their MLB on defence so it should be interesting to see how they do.

Oh and their is no way Valley's defensive line can run a 5 flat or under 40 alot of college D Line men cant do that. Plus if they dont have the form they will be on their backs most of the game.

When did Pike Central's line become the masters of the pancake block? Or when did they become massively strong?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:When did Pike Central's line become the masters of the pancake block? Or when did they become massively strong?

it was a sarcastic remark. I was saying that speed isnt everything on the line you have to have tecnique as well. You have to know how to rip, swim do what ever you can to beat the OL to give you LBs a seam to rush. That was my point, but to b honest Pike Central's line is probley the biggest and strongest line that they have had since the 90s.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Some one please retrive the score for the 2003 game. That was my favorite game of my high school career!

2003: Shelby Valley 63 Pike Central 12
warriorpride Wrote:2003: Shelby Valley 63 Pike Central 12

was that the one at PC when it rained so bad and they post poned the game like 5 times???
I dunno I got it from the KHSAA scoreboard.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Pike Central only lost one starter, their MLB on defence so it should be interesting to see how they do.

I never said anything about Central's or Valley's D-linemen, so I don't know why you replied with that comment. Whatever.

I was rebutting your earlier argument that Central's defense was going to be a force because they were hitting and working hard at practice. My point was that every team is out there working and hitting hard at practice, so it hardly makes one team special when they are doing it.

I will state again that the game will likely turn on a big play, like a turnover or long TD run. This has been the case a lot in the recent history of this series.
More Cowbell Wrote:Whatever.
I was rebutting your earlier argument that Central's defense was going to be a force because they were hitting and working hard at practice.
Is rebutting when you you reapply a butt that has been torn off?
:thatsfunn
I see the score 32-26 in favor of Shelby Valley!!!
bigpun Wrote:Is rebutting when you you reapply a butt that has been torn off?
:thatsfunn

You tell me, smart guy. Does it look anything like this? :moon:
Back on topic please.
Pike Central if the offense can get on track.
This will be a tossup between two evenly matched teams, in my opinion. It will come down to the end, but Central is due for a win in this series, so I'll go with them in a close one, 26-20.
I have to take SV in this one
Pages: 1 2 3