Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeAndre Liggins Commits
corndog23 Wrote:Stevenson can block people, sure. But that does not make the guy a good defensive player. Too skinny to guard a big guy, and I think he is just too stupid to know what to do or where to be on the defensive side of the ball. Not to mention he cant catch a freaking pass. PS has some nice bounce, but he is not going to be this great player you envision him as. Mike Williams can do more for the team then PS.

As for Deandre Liggins, to me, he looks to be in the point-forward mold of Scottie Pippen

I respect your reply but tell me how Mike Williams will impact the team MORE than PS(please take this as a friendly reply) . I am just saying I don't think he is the most likely choice for the starting lineup. think about this: Bradley, Meeks, Crawford, Patterson, and Williams?? (Carter is hurt). Even with Carter I would rather see Stevenson in Williams spot. Both won't do very much for our offensive game but at least on defense players have to acknowledge that Stevenson is there (shotblocking). William is too slow for the defense and not aglie enough for the offense. Don't get me worng Stevenson has alot of work to do and needs to get comfortable with the ball but I just don't think that Williams would have a bigger impact :thumpsup:

As for Liggens, I agree with you about the Scottie Pippen mold.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Oh yeah you got me there man. I am glad that the spellchecker on bluegrass actually takes note that I put "treat" instead of "threat". Really got me good. Great way to influence good conversation.

As for Williams. I just don't see him contributing to the team. Read very closely, he will be in the games as our freakin center sometimes (You seem to think he is the fill in for Morris). But that is no indication of good he is or will be. He is a backup, fill-in until Carter comes back to get his spot then he will be pushed back even further. I have seen video and read reports about him and he does not have speed or agility plus he is a BIG guy. How can you tell me that he will benefit the team next year other than giving Patterson a brake. He is another project that was signed by Tubby and referring back to what I said before you freaked out, the talent on the team is going to blow right by him (especially when we are getting 5 star recruits).

I didn't know you meant threat, I just honestly thought you called him a "treat" and I thought that was pretty funny. Wasn't trying to get you at all.

And the other part is your opinion, but he is not a project or he wouldn't be ranked so high per ESPN. He'll contribute just fine in many situations, maybe not right away but over his four years he'll have to from time to time. I'm glad you saw some video and read reports as have I, but I don't see all negatives about it. And yeah the talent is good coming in, but like I said it's all guards. He's not in competition with them. Sure he won't put up big numbers but he sure won't be left out in the cold.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I didn't know you meant threat, I just honestly thought you called him a "treat" and I thought that was pretty funny. Wasn't trying to get you at all. And the other part is your opinion, but he is not a project or he wouldn't be ranked so high per ESPN. He'll contribute just fine in many situations, maybe not right away but over his four years he'll have to from time to time. I'm glad you saw some video and read reports as have I, but I don't see all negatives about it. And yeah the talent is good coming in, but like I said it's all guards. He's not in competition with them. Sure he won't put up big numbers but he sure won't be left out in the cold.

Yeah, after reading what you put, I went back to my post and got a quick giggle out of "treat" but I really meant to put threat. In retrospect I think I should have used treat Wink

Well I hope not he seems like a good kid and CBC said that he has good work ethic. I hope that it will be a good combination no matter what. Since Carter is out, you know our interior will be Patterson, Stevenson, Williams and possible Coury (maybe a few more minutes next year). I think that as long as we have Patterson the post will be pretty solid offensively and defensively. Billy Cyde will know what to do :Thumbs:
Mike Williams can REBOUND...PS...well, he cant...williams can bang with the big fellas, Ps cannot. Mike williams can catch a pass, PS...can not
corndog23 Wrote:Mike Williams can REBOUND...PS...well, he cant...williams can bang with the big fellas, Ps cannot. Mike williams can catch a pass, PS...can not

Under Billy Clyde PS will get better with the passing, catching and rebounding. Also I think he compliments Patterson better than how Williams will (too slow). That agility will come in handy when Patterson, Bradley, Meeks, and Crawford are running back down the court.

Thanks for you opinion man!
corndog23 Wrote:Stevenson can block people, sure. But that does not make the guy a good defensive player. Too skinny to guard a big guy, and I think he is just too stupid to know what to do or where to be on the defensive side of the ball. Not to mention he cant catch a freaking pass. PS has some nice bounce, but he is not going to be this great player you envision him as. Mike Williams can do more for the team then PS.

As for Deandre Liggins, to me, he looks to be in the point-forward mold of Scottie Pippen

I don't recall ever saying that Stevenson will be a great player, so yeah, I agree with you there. But still, he can offer the team more than Williams. Stevenson will be able to contribute more on defense than Williams in a fast-paced game, because he is more athletic and better able to run the court. Williams may still be crossing the half-court line when the shot goes up, and it's hard to make much of a difference in that case. As far as PS not knowing where to be on defense, that falls on coaching, and I believe Billy Clyde will get through to him.

Really, if he keeps altering every inside shot the other team takes, I don't care if he averages 3 points a game and gets everything on putbacks. There will be plenty of other guys on the team to get our points from...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't recall ever saying that Stevenson will be a great player, so yeah, I agree with you there. But still, he can offer the team more than Williams. Stevenson will be able to contribute more on defense than Williams in a fast-paced game, because he is more athletic and better able to run the court. Williams may still be crossing the half-court line when the shot goes up, and it's hard to make much of a difference in that case. As far as PS not knowing where to be on defense, that falls on coaching, and I believe Billy Clyde will get through to him.

Really, if he keeps altering every inside shot the other team takes, I don't care if he averages 3 points a game and gets everything on putbacks. There will be plenty of other guys on the team to get our points from...

Good post. I totally agree about PS and Williams. I have said this whole time that Williams may be a better center but not the better fit for a fast(er) paced game.
I talked to Liggins on Myspace and he is pretty excited about going to UK...