Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeAndre Liggins Commits
http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=2802

DeAndre has now verbally Commited to UK
That's a great commitment. It's another guard but there's no way we can turn a player of his caliber down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WOW!!! If he is a 08'er will we still be able to recruit Greg Monroe and Willie Warren. Anyways that is a fantasic pick up and his commiting this early shows me that he is eager to play for UK.
Seen on another site where they showed, since BCG has been in Lexington, he's had 5 commits, every one of them in the Top 25 in the Nation.

Patterson was top 15.
Legion was top 25.
Liggins is top 20.
Vilarino is top 20.
Euton is top 15.

Very impressive.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Seen on another site where they showed, since BCG has been in Lexington, he's had 5 commits, every one of them in the Top 25 in the Nation.

Patterson was top 15.
Legion was top 25.
Liggins is top 20.
Vilarino is top 20.
Euton is top 15.

Very impressive.

More than that! This is absolutly amazing. He has completely altered the aura around the UK basketball program. He was not joking around went he was at his job announcement. He really needed to leave quick to do some recruiting lol ( I thought he was joking). I am guilty as charged regarded Billy Donovan, I really wanted him to come to Kentucky and bring us out of the wreckage that has been the past two seasons. Little did I know that when Billy G held out on the job at Arkansas, it would be the most important bit of news for Kentucky. Missing out on Dilly D and picking up CBC was the best thing that could have happened to this program. The program is being built back up right before my eyes. We are back and we are back with Billy Clyde's vengeance!!!
Tyler Zeller is ranked 16th in 08 and is a 6'11 center. He is playing on one of Liggins AAU teams this summer and he is also interested in uk. Maybe playing with Liggins will lead him to commit.
Only time shall tell!
And if anyone is interested in seeing how good this kid is....WATCH THIS VIDEO! GREAT PASSER/SHOOTER/REBOUNDER..Just all around and I have seen him take 3 charges in the videos that I have seen this morning on youtube!
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Tyler Zeller is ranked 16th in 08 and is a 6'11 center. He is playing on one of Liggins AAU teams this summer and he is also interested in uk. Maybe playing with Liggins will lead him to commit.

Did not know that. I am sure that Liggens coming to UK will have influence on his decision. Do you know if they enjoyed playing with each other on the AAU? If we got Zeller I believe that will take all the scholy's for next year...I think, someone correct me if I am wrong (there may actually be two more left right now).
The only thing I wish would hurry up and happen is Darius Miller committing because Billy G is throwing offers left and right.
good news. Could he start next year?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:The only thing I wish would hurry up and happen is Darius Miller committing because Billy G is throwing offers left and right.
I was actually talking about that today with someone. I'm not sure about how many scholarships are left from this season, but I know UK will just have 2 for the 08 class. Personally, I think Darius Miller NEEDS to be one of them. I'm sure Gillispie knows what he is doing, but with prospects such as Zeller, Monroe, Warren, Miller, and now Liggins, I'm not sure how they'll be able to narrow the list down to just 2 (maybe 1-2 more).
I am joking about this but Billy G is just going to start cutting that roster lol. No ones butt is safe because they need to create* a couple of spots for nexts years class. Kids that disappoint will hit the road.

I don't think that this would happen because CBC seems to respect the players that were already here. However, I am sure CBC would not have alot of tolerance for players that do not belong on the team (I am hinting a few of the players he did not recruit).
I wish basketball season was tomarrow because Billy Gillispie has everyone in Kentucky looking forward to this upcoming season. Good Job BG!
blackcat_student Wrote:I wish basketball season was tomarrow because Billy Gillispie has everyone in Kentucky looking forward to this upcoming season. Good Job BG!
i agree.
This kid is the real deal i was just watching some video on him and right now he sees the floor better then any high school player that I have ever seen. His defence is tough, he can hit the out side jump shot, penetrates the defence and makes some phenominal passes. I can not wait to see this kid play in a UK uniform it will be magical.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This kid is the real deal i was just watching some video on him and right now he sees the floor better then any high school player that I have ever seen. His defence is tough, he can hit the out side jump shot, penetrates the defence and makes some phenominal passes. I can not wait to see this kid play in a UK uniform it will be magical.

Wonderfully put. I can't wait for next year to start. But first, we have to see what football holds for the cats
How many times in the last couple years have we ever had to wonder if we have enough room for all the blue-chip guys who may come to UK? It's a nice problem to have, IMO. Big Grin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who would you like to see to most? I think I would like Zeller. You never know who we may get though. I kind of feel sorry for Mike Williams you know. He will totally be left in the dust over the next season and a half lol. Poor guy.
Another board is reporting that 2010 PG KC Ross-Miller commited today. Another day, another commit. Hopefully we'll see some big men commit now, we are certainly collecting guards.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Who would you like to see to most? I think I would like Zeller. You never know who we may get though. I kind of feel sorry for Mike Williams you know. He will totally be left in the dust over the next season and a half lol. Poor guy.

Mike Williams in a top 100 recruit per the 2007 recruiting rankings by ESPN so I wouldn't feel too sorry for him. He will be better than people are expecting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I was actually talking about that today with someone. I'm not sure about how many scholarships are left from this season, but I know UK will just have 2 for the 08 class. Personally, I think Darius Miller NEEDS to be one of them. I'm sure Gillispie knows what he is doing, but with prospects such as Zeller, Monroe, Warren, Miller, and now Liggins, I'm not sure how they'll be able to narrow the list down to just 2 (maybe 1-2 more).

Knock Willie Warren off the list. He's Baylor bound.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This guy is really good.
alfus21 Wrote:Mike Williams in a top 100 recruit per the 2007 recruiting rankings by ESPN so I wouldn't feel too sorry for him. He will be better than people are expecting.

I disagree. I didn't say he was not talented I just said that he would be left in the dust. The young talent on that team is really starting to pass him (also Harris) up. I think he will be better than what people are expeting but still that is not really of any impact on his role with the team. After getting Patterson, he will be pushed to far backup for the interior spots.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I disagree. I didn't say he was not talented I just said that he would be left in the dust. The young talent on that team is really starting to pass him (also Harris) up. I think he will be better than what people are expeting but still that is not really of any impact on his role with the team. After getting Patterson, he will be pushed to far backup for the interior spots.

Yeah there's plenty of talent but it's nothing but guards. With the Carter injury Williams is now the only center healthy on the team. He will get to play some, can't play nothing but guards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah there's plenty of talent but it's nothing but guards. With the Carter injury Williams is now the only center healthy on the team. He will get to play some, can't play nothing but guards.

I really don't think out lineup could possible revolve around a big, slow, center when we have a better defensive treat with Stevenson and an offensive power in Patterson. I just don't see his role being anything of great importance.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I really don't think out lineup could possible revolve around a big, slow, center when we have a better defensive treat with Stevenson and an offensive power in Patterson. I just don't see his role being anything of great importance.

Smile Alright that's fine. I'm just saying we won't have much of a choice but to play a Center every now and again. You seem to be the expert at evaluating talent which you've never seen in person so I'll leave it to you.

I think I'll see how Williams develops this summer under Gillispie before I throw him under the bus. By the way, after the first couple of games of the season Stevenson wasn't exactly the greatest defensive "treat". (7 blocks, 2 steals in 17 SEC games with a high point total of 8 in one of those games) I'd say Williams can give those great numbers a run.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Alright that's fine. I'm just saying we won't have much of a choice but to play a Center every now and again. You seem to be the expert at evaluating talent which you've never seen in person so I'll leave it to you.

I think I'll see how Williams develops this summer under Gillispie before I throw him under the bus. By the way, after the first couple of games of the season Stevenson wasn't exactly the greatest defensive "treat". (7 blocks, 2 steals in 17 SEC games with a high point total of 8 in one of those games) I'd say Williams can give those great numbers a run.

Oh yeah you got me there man. I am glad that the spellchecker on bluegrass actually takes note that I put "treat" instead of "threat". Really got me good. Great way to influence good conversation.

As for Williams. I just don't see him contributing to the team. Read very closely, he will be in the games as our freakin center sometimes (You seem to think he is the fill in for Morris). But that is no indication of good he is or will be. He is a backup, fill-in until Carter comes back to get his spot then he will be pushed back even further. I have seen video and read reports about him and he does not have speed or agility plus he is a BIG guy. How can you tell me that he will benefit the team next year other than giving Patterson a brake. He is another project that was signed by Tubby and referring back to what I said before you freaked out, the talent on the team is going to blow right by him (especially when we are getting 5 star recruits).
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah there's plenty of talent but it's nothing but guards. With the Carter injury Williams is now the only center healthy on the team. He will get to play some, can't play nothing but guards.

You play to the strengths of the team, which in UK's case is guards. That means you start a 3 guard, 2 forward lineup, and run the other team ragged. The most important thing is to get the best team on the court, even if that doesn't include a center.

Stevenson was impressive to me as a defender. He had plenty of blocks in his limited minutes, and altered several more shots. His offensive game still needs polish, but he can contribute on the defensive end right away. I expect many more blocks as his minutes go up this year.

Williams, every rating system I have seen has him as a 2-star prospect. He appears to be a big, classic center who may have trouble getting up and down the court in a quick-paced game. I really don't see him making much of an impact this year.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stevenson can block people, sure. But that does not make the guy a good defensive player. Too skinny to guard a big guy, and I think he is just too stupid to know what to do or where to be on the defensive side of the ball. Not to mention he cant catch a freaking pass. PS has some nice bounce, but he is not going to be this great player you envision him as. Mike Williams can do more for the team then PS.

As for Deandre Liggins, to me, he looks to be in the point-forward mold of Scottie Pippen