Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikevilles AD search?
Do you really think that they will hire someone from outside of the school after they had 4 pretty good candidates from in house interview for the job. I would like to doubt that. I wish they would hurry and hire the new AD and keep it in house for the schools sake. If you bring in someone from the outside that doesn't understand what Pikeville is about then it could prove quite costly to the entire athletic department.
Something is brewing inside Jerry Green's web of destruction. If he does what is said that is he trying to do, then I know that he is trying to sabotage the entire school system. He need to go back to JC. Hell I'll give him a ride there.
bigpun Wrote:Something is brewing inside Jerry Green's web of destruction. If he does what is said that is he trying to do, then I know that he is trying to sabotage the entire school system. He need to go back to JC. Hell I'll give him a ride there.
Me and rest of the parents, teachers, and everyone else here in Pikeville would chip in for the gas for you to take him back. LOL!
A lot of fishy activity coming from the super from what I hear. I heard that the four people that were interviewed are now not in consideration for the job. Does anyone know JC athletic directors name? I'd say he is the new favorite because of the pressure coming from upstairs. Does anyone also know what this guy has taught in the past (what classes and age groups).
bigpun Wrote:A lot of fishy activity coming from the super from what I hear. I heard that the four people that were interviewed are now not in consideration for the job. Does anyone know JC athletic directors name? I'd say he is the new favorite because of the pressure coming from upstairs. Does anyone also know what this guy has taught in the past (what classes and age groups).
It is not the JC AD, it is the WR Castle principal.....used to teach HS science.
bball fan Wrote:It is not the JC AD, it is the WR Castle principal.....used to teach HS science.
Does he have any sports backround whatsoever?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Does he have any sports backround whatsoever?
I think he used to be a wrestling referee.
I drove by Pikeville HS today and saw Ringling Brothers setting up the tents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That wasn't Ringling brothers. That was the JC Green Side Show Freaks Geeks and Demolition Circus, brought to you in part by Johnson County Tourism and the foundation to save the Bald Golden Eagle. The main attractions are 1 SUPER clown and his crew of miscreads and the Principal of Conformity and Contortionism There only emphasis is to try to tear the school down brick by brick. Let's get some people in that actually care about the school system as a whole as well as these wonderful kids that attend Pikeville High School.
Sources I know tell me there's less "conspiracy" to this than appears.

I've heard that immediately after the interviews of the 4 candidates, there were developments that allowed the position to be a half-time teaching/half-time AD arrangement (MUCH better considering the amount of work an AD has to get done during the day). That appears to have changed the dynamics...now an AD must be found whose teaching certification matches whatever teaching area the school has that's only taught half a day.

It could simply be that none of the four candidates (all of whom seem to me VERY qualified to be a great AD) have the teaching schedule that allows them not to have classes half the day.
So why did it take so long for the job description to change. I agree that the AD job is HUGE at some schools more than others. Pikeville seems to be big. But one of the interviewed only teaches 1/2 time already. Why couldn't he be chosen?

It just seems interesting that the job has been posted for nearly six months, and only after 4 inhouse candidates were interviewed, did the 1/2 time deal develop!!!!

Just keep watching, lets see what develops....
UKRULES Wrote:So why did it take so long for the job description to change. I agree that the AD job is HUGE at some schools more than others. Pikeville seems to be big. But one of the interviewed only teaches 1/2 time already. Why couldn't he be chosen?

It just seems interesting that the job has been posted for nearly six months, and only after 4 inhouse candidates were interviewed, did the 1/2 time deal develop!!!!

Just keep watching, lets see what develops....
Yes, EJ is a half-time teacher already but he controls all of the technical aspects of the High School when he isn't teaching. He would have to give one of them up. I don't see why they couldn't let one of the others drop part of his schedule, but this only seems easy for Salyers since Thomas is a middle school teacher and there are students that need his class 5-6 times a day and Garris is at the elementary with PE and that can't be dropped to a part time teaching position either.
They let go of one part time math teacher who in turn had a heart attack a couple of days later. Our prayers are with him and his family. So whoever it is is probably going to have to be a part time math teacher. I heard that Garris was definately out of the running but the other three might still be candidates.
bigpun Wrote:They let go of one part time math teacher who in turn had a heart attack a couple of days later. Our prayers are with him and his family. So whoever it is is probably going to have to be a part time math teacher. I heard that Garris was definately out of the running but the other three might still be candidates.

All have withdrawn. The part time teaching can be arranged with the current staff. Seems as though that is not the position the upper management wants to take.
Hard to say that they have "withdrawn" when it's obvious none of them got hired. So if I don't get a job, I simply tell people I withdrew????

Say it like it is, they were ALL rejected, for whatever reason. Let's see if the choosers have to go crawlin back to one of them.
UKRULES Wrote:Hard to say that they have "withdrawn" when it's obvious none of them got hired. So if I don't get a job, I simply tell people I withdrew????
That's exactly what Pitino did with UK this spring.

He stated he had no interest and said he didn't apply after UK told him they were going after Donovan.
The school board approved a new hire for part time teacher/AD (not sure what position yet). The four that were interviewed have full class loads and they wouldn't be able to teach full time and be AD full time. The only one I know for sure won't get it is Kevin Garris. I wish they would do something quickly.
bigpun Wrote:The school board approved a new hire for part time teacher/AD (not sure what position yet). The four that were interviewed have full class loads and they wouldn't be able to teach full time and be AD full time. The only one I know for sure won't get it is Kevin Garris. I wish they would do something quickly.

the part time is math unless they move sombody around to open up a science slot (which would accomodate the powers to be). This will surely get a lot a of attention through the rest of the summer.
Pikeville seems to have little or no direction right now.
The former AD only gave 10 month's notice and still no new AD?????
Unbelieveable!!!!
Lets add more fuel to the fire....Word all over the street this afternoon, we not only need an AD some teachers, but now we need a Principal too. Seems Mr. Stratton has taken a job in bluebird country.

It's going to be a long summer.

Will he hire an AD before he leaves?
Glad I got out of there before the place went to crap like it looks like it is right now.
UKRULES Wrote:Lets add more fuel to the fire....Word all over the street this afternoon, we not only need an AD some teachers, but now we need a Principal too. Seems Mr. Stratton has taken a job in bluebird country.

It's going to be a long summer.

Will he hire an AD before he leaves?
This might be why the board is stepping in. Jeez were starting to act like the county schools. Thats not good.
Beef Wrote:Glad I got out of there before the place went to crap like it looks like it is right now.
Just because you were there doeasn't mean it wasn't crappy. You were no more special then anyone else. It would probably be a blessing in disguise if Stratton left. I'm all for his decision to leave if he decides to. Next in line should Royce Mayo I assume. Stratton did interview at Ft. Thomas Highlands on Thursday.
He is gone. Accepted Ft. Thomas position. The problem lies within the big house.
bigpun Wrote:Just because you were there doeasn't mean it wasn't crappy. You were no more special then anyone else. It would probably be a blessing in disguise if Stratton left. I'm all for his decision to leave if he decides to. Next in line should Royce Mayo I assume. Stratton did interview at Ft. Thomas Highlands on Thursday.
What do you mean? I agree that it wasn't the gem of all schools (don't know if you can find one), but it was/is a good school (best in the area). I had 3 principals while I attended Pikeville High/Jr. High and Stratton was probably the best. Sure he might have been strict and gotten on my ass a couple of times, but all he was trying to do was make sure that the school had a good reputation and image. I highly respect the man and am disappointed to see him leave. He has helped Pikeville continue to be a top school in the state and tried to help us become the best. Obviously he is an amazing administrator if Highlands wants him to lead their school.

Where did I say that I was more special than anyone else? All I was saying was losing the Principal and AD in the same summer and what seems to be some problems. Are they with the Super (I am not there and I am rarely in the area so I don't know if this is true), I am not sure, but the school is going though major changes. Once again, I never said it was the best when I was there, as all places, there were things that I would have liked to be changed, but IMO, you need to have leaders that truly support the school, its academics, extracurriculars, and athletics. Pikeville is a proud school and they need to keep that pride by selecting individuals that LOVE PHS and all that it has done in the past and have the vision of where to take the school in the future.

I agree that Royce should be highly considered as the principal due to his history with this school though both coach and administrative positions. I wish that the school board would reconsider their position on AD applicants, for that they all have a great history with the school system and any of the original 4 would represent the school greatly and help the athletic department excel.
Hire Royce Mayo and let HIM pick the AD. Id trust his judgement.
I'm not sure if Royce has the qualifications. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him get it. But I heard the only person in the school that has the credentials is Dave Thomas.
What credentials are you talking about? Of course Mr. Mayo has the credentials--the creds for VP are the same as Principal. Mr. Mayo has a lot of experience in administration too. While Thomas is certified, he has no admin experience. Don't know if that disqualifies him, but he certainly, on paper, is NOT as qualified as Mayo. Don't think anyone else is Principal certified at PHS.

Thomas is on SB so he will get to help choose who the next principal is, unless he applies.
UKRULES Wrote:What credentials are you talking about? Of course Mr. Mayo has the credentials--the creds for VP are the same as Principal. Mr. Mayo has a lot of experience in administration too. While Thomas is certified, he has no admin experience. Don't know if that disqualifies him, but he certainly, on paper, is NOT as qualified as Mayo. Don't think anyone else is Principal certified at PHS.

Thomas is on SB so he will get to help choose who the next principal is, unless he applies.
Mayo as principal,Thomas as assitant now thats a good combination. If only we could get a halfway decent AD wed be in good shape with that duo.
You are right that wouldn't be a bad combo at all in my opinion. I was misinformed on my info about Royce not being qualified and I apologize. Royce and Thomas both would fit the bill as Principal and VP very well in my eyes. I think Thomas would have to relenquish his position on sit based if he were to apply for VP. That would also open up another teaching position to be filled. Best of luck on the search PHS. Don't forget that we the people of Pikeville want an AD that fits our bill as well.
bigpun Wrote:You are right that wouldn't be a bad combo at all in my opinion. I was misinformed on my info about Royce not being qualified and I apologize. Royce and Thomas both would fit the bill as Principal and VP very well in my eyes. I think Thomas would have to relenquish his position on sit based if he were to apply for VP. That would also open up another teaching position to be filled. Best of luck on the search PHS. Don't forget that we the people of Pikeville want an AD that fits our bill as well.

Royce can not be the big cheese because his wife teaches at the high school.