•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Corbin (State Semifinals)11/23
pjdoug Wrote:Watch this prediction that I'm about to make very closely. Corbin 31 Boyle County 27

Doug you’re slipping on me.🤔
Boyle wins by3 scores
Skipbaylessjr Wrote:How’s basketball look this year? You guys are allergic to football past October right?

Uh oh, we have a alternate account for someone... Lol.
AverageJoe Wrote:Quick google search:
Two classes set all-time attendance records – Class 3A (Boyle County vs. Corbin) at 11,234 and Class 5A (Covington Catholic vs. Madison Southern) at 10,646.
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp...918790001/

The article above is from last years state championship game. I would say Corbin will have 7-8k total fans come friday night. Surely, some of these Corbin people (southern hospitality) will inform us where to eat, park, and tailgate?
Eat downtown and walk to the field from there. Local places like The Depot or Wrigley Tap Room are good on Main Street. Exit 25 also has Bubby’s BBQ, Brooklyn Brothers, JonEvan Jacks, Applebee’s...several Mexican restaurants all of which are good. The original KFC is About a mile from the field. If you want an adult beverage or 2 before the game go to exit 25 or Main Street. Exit 29 is in Laurel County and has no alcohol.

Not many places if any to tailgate that I know of. Some places around the stadium will charge for parking, not sure if they will allow you to tailgate or not.
Corbin by 7 points.
mysonis55 Wrote:Corbin by 7 points.

WO!
Two classes set all-time attendance records – Class 3A (Boyle County vs. Corbin) at 11,234 and Class 5A (Covington Catholic vs. Madison Southern) at 10,646.

The article above is from last years state championship game. I would say Corbin will have 7-8k total fans come friday night. Surely, some of these Corbin people (southern hospitality) will inform us where to eat, park, and tailgate?

Send me a PM. I’ll help you out
This game will be a barn burner and could possibly end up being determined by who has the ball last! Both teams have the firepower to win it all! I gotta take the redhounds @home thou. Estep is possibly the best dual threat Q in the state!
Before this turns into a Corbin vs belfry thread from 2016. Parking is limited. Especially for the away team. Don’t mean that in a bad way. But unless you know some the secret spots it’s tough, unless you want to pay the churches for parking. Parking closer to town and walking will be the best bet. Their are several lots behind Main Street and it’s only a 5 min walk from there. Eating wise, you really can’t go wrong eating downtown or around it.

Wrigley Tap room and the Depot both have good food and alcohol. A little further down is Si Senior. A really good Mexican place.

Further away, Not walking distance to the field, you have Brooklyn Bros. A really good pizza place. Applebee’s. John Evan Jacks- a burger and wing place. And bubbys BBQ. A good place and they have a buffet also. NO ALOCHOL THERE THO. there’s also a couple Mexican joints there on exit 25 with them too. But I’d recommend Si Senior. It’s better and closer to the field.
ALL OF THE ABOVE IS OFF EXIT 25 and the SOUTHERN END OF TOWN.

EXIT 29 NORTH END

You have Sonny’s BBQ. Cracker Barrel. David’s steak house and buffet. Mexican places. Yamamoto Japanese steakhouse. Philly connection, a philly cheese place, that’s not bad. Old town grille which has a little of everything. Keep in mind these are all on the north end and a little ways about 10 min drive from the stadium.

There’s also fast food all over both exits.

My choices would be. If you want to eat and walk to the stadium- the Depot on main. A little pricey but good w/alcohol.

Still close but driving to the stadium- Brooklyn Bros pizzeria. Great wings too! Prob the best in Corbin.

If you want to stay away from it all and go to the north end- David’s is good and has a buffet, but no alochol. Old town grille is good too with alochol but service is hit or miss.
Are Corbin fans the ones that put blankets out where they want to sit 2 days before the game? It seems like I remember them doing that.
know1 Wrote:Are Corbin fans the ones that put blankets out where they want to sit 2 days before the game? It seems like I remember them doing that.

Have before for big games. Doesn’t really effect the visiting team though so it’s not really a big deal
Hound05 Wrote:Have before for big games. Doesn’t really effect the visiting team though so it’s not really a big deal

It does if there's not enough room on the visitors side to sit. It's been awhile since I've been to Corbin, so I don't remember how much seating there is.
know1 Wrote:It does if there's not enough room on the visitors side to sit. It's been awhile since I've been to Corbin, so I don't remember how much seating there is.

Well that’s part of it. Boyle’s fans can stand on the fence like a lot of Corbin fans do. But it’s called home field for a reason. I wouldn’t travel to any other teams site and expect them to block off part of THEIR SIDE to give to us haha. You know? Heck I’ve been to games where Corbin had no seating other than a couple bleachers and we still didn’t go to the home side and take their seats. We stood. It’s a courtesy.
Like I've said all year, I've been high on the Hounds making a strong push for the 3A title and I still am. I think home field advantage puts Corbin over the top.

Corbin 42
Boyle 31
There’s plenty of room at corbin for 10,000.. I watched Corbin play Belfry two years ago or maybe three years ago and it was large crowd. As big as I’ve seen at a high school game in along time..
Belfry had the biggest line in state of Kentucky including college teams..
Hound05 Wrote:Before this turns into a Corbin vs belfry thread from 2016. Parking is limited. Especially for the away team. Don’t mean that in a bad way. But unless you know some the secret spots it’s tough, unless you want to pay the churches for parking. Parking closer to town and walking will be the best bet. Their are several lots behind Main Street and it’s only a 5 min walk from there. Eating wise, you really can’t go wrong eating downtown or around it.

Wrigley Tap room and the Depot both have good food and alcohol. A little further down is Si Senior. A really good Mexican place.

Further away, Not walking distance to the field, you have Brooklyn Bros. A really good pizza place. Applebee’s. John Evan Jacks- a burger and wing place. And bubbys BBQ. A good place and they have a buffet also. NO ALOCHOL THERE THO. there’s also a couple Mexican joints there on exit 25 with them too. But I’d recommend Si Senior. It’s better and closer to the field.
ALL OF THE ABOVE IS OFF EXIT 25 and the SOUTHERN END OF TOWN.

EXIT 29 NORTH END

You have Sonny’s BBQ. Cracker Barrel. David’s steak house and buffet. Mexican places. Yamamoto Japanese steakhouse. Philly connection, a philly cheese place, that’s not bad. Old town grille which has a little of everything. Keep in mind these are all on the north end and a little ways about 10 min drive from the stadium.

There’s also fast food all over both exits.

My choices would be. If you want to eat and walk to the stadium- the Depot on main. A little pricey but good w/alcohol.

Still close but driving to the stadium- Brooklyn Bros pizzeria. Great wings too! Prob the best in Corbin.

If you want to stay away from it all and go to the north end- David’s is good and has a buffet, but no alochol. Old town grille is good too with alochol but service is hit or miss.

Didn't they have a bus to to take people back and forth from the shopping center to park in years past for big games?

Bubby's
Jack Lambert Wrote:Doug you’re slipping on me.🤔

I might change my mind. lol
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Didn't they have a bus to to take people back and forth from the shopping center to park in years past for big games?

From Depot Street not shopping center.
Seky Wrote:How does Boyle travel? Corbin had disappointing crowd Friday against Bell. Might be a rebel take over at Corbin.

Corbin has to have the crowd they had at home against belfry two years ago. Best home crowd I’ve ever seen. Corbin needs them to show up big time.
Bubbys if your into buffets , bbq & catfish

Wrigley if your into atmosphere, beer and farm to table type food. Also could walk to game from this location.
Every year at this time Corbin fans form 100 yard spirit lines I’m pretty sure low attendance won’t be a problem.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Didn't they have a bus to to take people back and forth from the shopping center to park in years past for big games?

Nope. The operated a trolly for folks who parked downtown and took them to the game for free.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:There’s plenty of room at corbin for 10,000.. I watched Corbin play Belfry two years ago or maybe three years ago and it was large crowd. As big as I’ve seen at a high school game in along time..
Belfry had the biggest line in state of Kentucky including college teams..

Corbin has reserved seats on the home side, if you try to sit there you might have to move. Also a student section and band section. Visitors side has a few hundred seats. Parking is a nightmare, hopefully they will run shuttles from downtown again.
colonelfan944 Wrote:Every year at this time Corbin fans form 100 yard spirit lines I’m pretty sure low attendance won’t be a problem.

No corbins crowd won’t be a problem. We always show up in force for big games like these. But Boyle travels well too. I don’t know if it’ll be like it was for the belfry game a couple years ago or not. Like another person said. There had to be close to 10K if not more. About 60% Corbin fans. 35% belfry and the rest were ransoms from all over. But there wasn’t too many seating issues. People stood all around the fence. But they do that when there are seats. It’s just parking. But hopefully some listen to advice and park down town and walk. There are also 2 entrances. Boyle fans should use the north entrance by the bridge for easier access to their side. Our AD does a feat job and offers presale tickets to big games to the other team a lot. If he does take advantage of it. It does take some time to buy tickets and get through if you don’t.
There is a BBQ joint can't remember the name. I think get off at the first exit then left about 1.5 miles. Good stuff.:yum:
The press box is also very big for High school. Very long and 2 rows deep. Enough for visiting coaches. Both radios. Even wymt if they come. And still plenty of room for Boyle’s 8 stat guys. Hahahah sorry I had to🤪. But seriously they’re very courteous to visiting teams up there. When I was up there they would do anything reasonable to accommodate you.
Red Bunch Wrote:Bubbys if your into buffets , bbq & catfish

Wrigley if your into atmosphere, beer and farm to table type food. Also could walk to game from this location.

Another good choice. They serve up some good eats and craft beers.
Hound05 Wrote:No corbins crowd won’t be a problem. We always show up in force for big games like these. But Boyle travels well too. I don’t know if it’ll be like it was for the belfry game a couple years ago or not. Like another person said. There had to be close to 10K if not more. About 60% Corbin fans. 35% belfry and the rest were ransoms from all over. But there wasn’t too many seating issues. People stood all around the fence. But they do that when there are seats. It’s just parking. But hopefully some listen to advice and park down town and walk. There are also 2 entrances. Boyle fans should use the north entrance by the bridge for easier access to their side. Our AD does a feat job and offers presale tickets to big games to the other team a lot. If he does take advantage of it. It does take some time to buy tickets and get through if you don’t.

Your percentages are way off. lol
What would you say they were PJ? We can argue with this as well.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next