Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Seat
EKYFootball1717 Wrote:The talk around town in Owingsville is if Johnny Poynter @ Bath doesn’t go to Madison Southern or Central he will be given boot out of the HC position. Once again, this is a rumor; not 100% sure if this is the truth. I honestly like Johnny and hope he stays and does well

Thats stupid. Bath county cannot do better than Johhny.
E's Army Wrote:Chappel at Whitley probably is but should not be.

I like Chappel personally. He just hasnt got the job done. I think every coach in that district is probably on the hot seat expect for Eddie.
Fairview- Boyd County-
Now that the first rounds are over. Who is in the HOT or NOT SEAT
Looks like Boyd and Estill will be looking for new coaches. What else are we hearing?
Malcolm Ex Wrote:Looks like Boyd and Estill will be looking for new coaches. What else are we hearing?

Estill hasn't been confirmed yet.
T-CATS Wrote:Fairview- Boyd County-

The programs and Fairview and Boyd are at an all time low and I’m not sure if they can recover.
E's Army Wrote:Chappel at Whitley probably is but should not be.

Why shouldn't he be?
Hound05 Wrote:I didn’t fully understand that hire to begin with. But overall he has underperformed with what he has had. It could be his coaching staff as well. I dunno. But they’ve got to do better

I still think he is a fine man and refuse to talk bad about him. I'm sure he could have a much better staff, and administration above him, but losing 61-0 in the first round is unacceptable. They should have built a solid program by now. I keep hoping a coach will only take the job if he gets full control. one that won't let the clique bully him and make decisions for him.
PHSForever Wrote:Here’s my perspective, for what it is worth.

Years ago, when Hillard Howard left Pikeville and then Bill Allara, they were humming like a well oiled machine. Little League thru high school, all players were coached well, similar style offenses, large foundation of support. Then some changes in administration led to some differing viewpoints, and we began to struggle. Royce Mayo, Mike Jackson, Chris McNamee (1st go around), John Chapman, Mike Copley, Ben Howard, then Chris McNamee again (finally). Along the way, a few rough seasons by Panther standards, and little league standards and support started to erode. Now, keep in mind the expectations at the Hs level never changed, leading to greater frustration when the depth and successes were not like times of old.

Mac gets brought back (should have never let him go IMO the first time), and he immediately started out rebuilding LL and spending time with those kids and parents and establishing expectations for coaching there, all the way up to the HS. It paid dividends with it culminating in the 2015 championship, and success since then. We are back on track because they left him alone, recognizing he’s a proven winner, and let him rebuild the program. Now, as long as everyone continues to follow the plan from elementary school up, depth will stay where it is now (like 57 kids on the roster), development coming along at an earlier age, etc.

Just my opinion. If an administration is serious about wanting the program to succeed, they need to hire someone who cares, knows how to win, and leave them alone for at least 6 years. By then, there will be an indication of evident improvement and success. Will they all win titles? No. There’s only 6 each year. But definite improvement is possible. So programs like Trimble need to look at what Pikeville and even Paintsville did to rebuild/re-establish, and follow the model. Putting anyone on the hot seat without giving them support and time, unless they just flat out don’t know what they’re doing, is a recipe for failure. My two uneducated cents. Lol
Paintsville? Didn’t they turn their program around by adding transfers from Prestonsburg, Johnson Central and other schools that surround them? Getting a quality coach and giving him time to build his program is the key to success not poaching other team's athletes like Paintsville has. Bad Example!
Hound05 Wrote:Football in southeast Kentucky in a lot of places is too political to paint an accurate picture of who is on the hot seat. A coach could win 3 games and have more security than one who just won 7. It’s a shame to me. These kids should come first, and what’s best for them, than some administrators agenda.

I agree.
Footballcrazyman Wrote:Mboro never should have let Frazier go from an outsiders perspective. He is a very good coach.

Whitley County shouldn't have either Smile
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not really homemade clowns. At least 3 of those guys went to high school at wburg. They just migrated over and have never left.

That's the problem. it's a conspiracy.
A good coach can have bad players and tough sched and not win many games, the next hot thing isnt always the solution
Heard coach Ratliff of pike county central is stepping down.
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill hasn't been confirmed yet.

I think Estill has been confirmed. Jones told the players before Bell it was going to be his last game. Granted he could change his mind, but as far as I know there will be a new head coach in Irvine next year.

Any idea who they might be looking at?
61-0 has thrown gasoline on the fire under Chappel's seat
Larkey at North I think may be.
hoghead Wrote:Larkey at North I think may be.

How so? Only coach there to ever have any success. Duncum had a good year or so but it's been pretty blank other than that.
I recently heard a few coaches might be making the jump to the next level come spring.
Who will Whitley County hire? Dudley? Confusednicker:
EKYFootball1717 Wrote:The talk around town in Owingsville is if Johnny Poynter @ Bath doesn’t go to Madison Southern or Central he will be given boot out of the HC position. Once again, this is a rumor; not 100% sure if this is the truth. I honestly like Johnny and hope he stays and does well

Be hard to go to either of those places as neither are open, and I don't see them being open.
DarthVader Wrote:How so? Only coach there to ever have any success. Duncum had a good year or so but it's been pretty blank other than that.

I’ll grudgingly agree, never been a big Larkey fan but without him seems they really struggled to sustain any success. After realignment he’ll never win district again though Pulaski or Southwestern is always gonna be in the way.
pjdoug Wrote:I still think he is a fine man and refuse to talk bad about him. I'm sure he could have a much better staff, and administration above him, but losing 61-0 in the first round is unacceptable. They should have built a solid program by now. I keep hoping a coach will only take the job if he gets full control. one that won't let the clique bully him and make decisions for him.
Unfortunately any coach who didn’t give in to the clique would be a short timer at Whitley Dougie. Clean sweep of the school board with new faces wanting to completely change the whole culture of the school system would be a big starting point.
chs crazy Wrote:Unfortunately any coach who didn’t give in to the clique would be a short timer at Whitley Dougie. Clean sweep of the school board with new faces wanting to completely change the whole culture of the school system would be a big starting point.

For sure.
pjdoug Wrote:Who will Whitley County hire? Dudley? Confusednicker:

Would have had him before Chappell if ad would have let dud be dud not meant in a bad way. He just likes to be in control with his funding and charges at the gate himself for jv and freshman, nothing wrong with that. Wanted all the control of money and ad said no. But I have heard Hilton was at the market three times last week, and was also in Rockcastle interviewing.
AverageJoe Wrote:I recently heard a few coaches might be making the jump to the next level come spring.

If any of you know somebody that does hiring (not talking about athletic department) at University of the Cumberlands or can help a person please send me a message. I know a qualified person that needs a job in a hurry.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Would have had him before Chappell if ad would have let dud be dud not meant in a bad way. He just likes to be in control with his funding and charges at the gate himself for jv and freshman, nothing wrong with that. Wanted all the control of money and ad said no. But I have heard Hilton was at the market three times last week, and was also in Rockcastle interviewing.

They should have given him control. market?
pjdoug Wrote:If any of you know somebody that does hiring (not talking about athletic department) at University of the Cumberlands or can help a person please send me a message. I know a qualified person that needs a job in a hurry.

Does that mean your moving up pj.😂😂😂
Just messing around glad to see you back hope all is well.
[quote=pjdoug]They should have given him control. market

Restaurant, heard it numerous times past week