Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co 40 Letcher Co Central 22
Congrats to Bell
Colts Wrote:Cougars had a lot flags? What game was you at? They had what 40 yards to our almost 300 yards in penalties and we still put up 40 points. Could had added 6 more at the end but Dudley went into victory formation. He said he just wanted to get the heck out of there.

They better issue a flood warning for Middlesboro for the week Bell plays Corbin! Because they will be underwater from the crying![/QUOTE]
You better cross Pine Mountain and head for Cumberland.
BellCo18 Wrote:They better issue a flood warning for Middlesboro for the week Bell plays Corbin! Because they will be underwater from the crying!

Why Middlesboro? Bell High is in Pineville. 🙄[/QUOTE]

She probably has never been out of Whitesburg.
pjdoug Wrote:Why Middlesboro? Bell High is in Pineville. 🙄

She probably has never been out of Whitesburg.[/QUOTE]

😂😂😂
Is this the first time you Bell Countians have played at Letcher?
My goodness, it’s a given that it is the worse place anyone has ever seen when it comes to referees. Every team I’ve ever seen there that is visiting gets hosed, every single time. Awful homer calls.
It’s so bad it truly needs to be investigated for point shaving and referee interference with game. Been like that since Howard was coach there.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Is this the first time you Bell Countians have played at Letcher?
My goodness, it’s a given that it is the worse place anyone has ever seen when it comes to referees. Every team I’ve ever seen there that is visiting gets hosed, every single time. Awful homer calls.
It’s so bad it truly needs to be investigated for point shaving and referee interference with game. Been like that since Howard was coach there.

First time I've ever been. You're correct. It's so obvious it's pathetic tbh. I bet money we will NEVER be back and I don't blame Dudley. They called so many phantom calls it was crazy. Funny thing is. Whole first quarter. Nothing and we were up 20-0. Start of second. Here came the flags. I mean every other play. Pathetic. I know home teams get calls. But this was crazy bad. The 3 long td's called back. Flags for something 50 yards away from the ball.
Its sad when you have to explain a diss , but I get it your pretty slow.... Middlesboro is South of Bell high school and it is lower in elevation. Since they are so much crying over the refs, it will flood Middlesboro! I apologize in advance for not being able to use simpler vocabulary that you could understand, that is the best way I can break it down for you! I I look forward to chatting with you after the Corbin game, can't wait to hear how bad their refs are!!!
BELL COUNTY, the most corrupt and absurd home field advantage in all of the mountains, crying about officiating. This is laughable! This game was 26 to 22 with 5 minutes to go in the game. Definitely not the blowout that bobcat fans are painting a picture of ,truth be told send back Bobcat QB recruit and Bobcats go home with a big L! Letcher was the more physical team and for my money Bell is the dirtiest team I maybe have ever watched. At the end of the half all the unsportsmanlike penalties were well deserved and actually Bell had 1 of their better players throw a punch and should have been ejected.As all football fans in eastern Kentucky know Bell is going to sale this like they got so many bad calls and they are 16 TDs better than Letcher when anyone who has watched them can testify that they are finness and a little soft this year.Letchers oline handled Bell with ease .When stats are posted look at how many yards 36 John Sergent had running between the tackles only ,nothing outside! Bell is soft,8 people in the box most of the game! Well all I can say is what comes around goes around if you feel like you got some bad calls . Long mountain is and always has been a place nobody wins, so go ahead cry ,bit#$ or whatever ,the rest of us dont want to hear it BELL COUNTY SOBCATS!
Colts Wrote:Its sad when you have to explain a diss , but I get it your pretty slow.... Middlesboro is South of Bell high school and it is lower in elevation. Since they are so much crying over the refs, it will flood Middlesboro! I apologize in advance for not being able to use simpler vocabulary that you could understand, that is the best way I can break it down for you! I I look forward to chatting with you after the Corbin game, can't wait to hear how bad their refs are!!!

You said diss and used your for you're while attempting to insult him and talk about vocabulary? comical Confusednicker:
touchdownkentucky Wrote:BELL COUNTY, the most corrupt and absurd home field advantage in all of the mountains, crying about officiating. This is laughable! This game was 26 to 22 with 5 minutes to go in the game. Definitely not the blowout that bobcat fans are painting a picture of ,truth be told send back Bobcat QB recruit and Bobcats go home with a big L! Letcher was the more physical team and for my money Bell is the dirtiest team I maybe have ever watched. At the end of the half all the unsportsmanlike penalties were well deserved and actually Bell had 1 of their better players throw a punch and should have been ejected.As all football fans in eastern Kentucky know Bell is going to sale this like they got so many bad calls and they are 16 TDs better than Letcher when anyone who has watched them can testify that they are finness and a little soft this year.Letchers oline handled Bell with ease .When stats are posted look at how many yards 36 John Sergent had running between the tackles only ,nothing outside! Bell is soft,8 people in the box most of the game! Well all I can say is what comes around goes around if you feel like you got some bad calls . Long mountain is and always has been a place nobody wins, so go ahead cry ,bit#$ or whatever ,the rest of us dont want to hear it BELL COUNTY SOBCATS!
Sobcats is a good one :biglmao:
touchdownkentucky Wrote:BELL COUNTY, the most corrupt and absurd home field advantage in all of the mountains, crying about officiating. This is laughable! This game was 26 to 22 with 5 minutes to go in the game. Definitely not the blowout that bobcat fans are painting a picture of ,truth be told send back Bobcat QB recruit and Bobcats go home with a big L! Letcher was the more physical team and for my money Bell is the dirtiest team I maybe have ever watched. At the end of the half all the unsportsmanlike penalties were well deserved and actually Bell had 1 of their better players throw a punch and should have been ejected.As all football fans in eastern Kentucky know Bell is going to sale this like they got so many bad calls and they are 16 TDs better than Letcher when anyone who has watched them can testify that they are finness and a little soft this year.Letchers oline handled Bell with ease .When stats are posted look at how many yards 36 John Sergent had running between the tackles only ,nothing outside! Bell is soft,8 people in the box most of the game! Well all I can say is what comes around goes around if you feel like you got some bad calls . Long mountain is and always has been a place nobody wins, so go ahead cry ,bit#$ or whatever ,the rest of us dont want to hear it BELL COUNTY SOBCATS!

guess cause some whitley fans(PJ Doug) and some other fans as we all know is not Bobcat Fans say the same thing about officiating up at Letcher so my guess is you prob need some salve (T D ) cause you are chapped that maybe Dudley didn't come to your school and coach or you just have other issue of a different matter basically you cheer for your team we will cheer for ours good luck on the rest of season to your team:Thumbs:
Colts Wrote:Its sad when you have to explain a diss , but I get it your pretty slow.... Middlesboro is South of Bell high school and it is lower in elevation. Since they are so much crying over the refs, it will flood Middlesboro! I apologize in advance for not being able to use simpler vocabulary that you could understand, that is the best way I can break it down for you! I I look forward to chatting with you after the Corbin game, can't wait to hear how bad their refs are!!!

Trust me the refs will be the least of their worries. With a final score that’ll show they weren’t even a factor haha.
Hound05 Wrote:Trust me the refs will be the least of their worries. With a final score that’ll show they weren’t even a factor haha.

will be some complain any way hound right now we aren't on the same level we have been in the past and will be again I was hoping that we would still schedule each year I seen where you posted Bell wouldn't schedule and may have agreed if hadn't been close enough to hear the phone call trying to keep you all on the schedule home and away with Dudley offering to even come back there next season but I guess it will be an argument back and forth Bell is scared and some corbin is scared me personally think that it needs to be played year in and year out you all have had our number last couple of season but I can remember it being the other wayConfusedhh:
Hound05 Wrote:Trust me the refs will be the least of their worries. With a final score that’ll show they weren’t even a factor haha.
Bobcats will have Redhounds up a tree Confusednicker:
BobcatForever Wrote:will be some complain any way hound right now we aren't on the same level we have been in the past and will be again I was hoping that we would still schedule each year I seen where you posted Bell wouldn't schedule and may have agreed if hadn't been close enough to hear the phone call trying to keep you all on the schedule home and away with Dudley offering to even come back there next season but I guess it will be an argument back and forth Bell is scared and some corbin is scared me personally think that it needs to be played year in and year out you all have had our number last couple of season but I can remember it being the other wayConfusedhh:

Yea I’d love to see the series continued. You’re also right. It’s a weird series, it seems whoever wins, usually does for 3-4 years and then it changes. My honest opinion though, loss of coal and jobs around there will have a lasting impact sports wise. No doubt if we continued to play you would beat us sometimes. But I think it would be few and far between. We have 2 classes of kids starting with our freshman who are state champs. Then behind them another group. And possibly the group behind them as well. I didn’t think they’d be that good- the 7th grade group- but they’ve proved me wrong so far. Just a lot of talent coming up along with solid coaching. But I guess we’ll never know, all we can do is speculate.

I was hoping Bell would improve, because it helps us further our goals. But I didn’t think they’d be what people were making it out to be preseason. Even with the transfers coming in. It’s hard to make that big of a jump in ONE year without and influx of talent. They got a few but not what they needed to meet the expectations people were having on here. Good luck though. See ya at Campbell field
Bell County will be very good IMO by November. But its going to take getting better every week.
Didn’t take long for a Corbin mention their stage champions in middle school and pee wee football in a Bell vs Letcher thread.
Somebody go get them some cookies
Hound05 Wrote:Yea I’d love to see the series continued. You’re also right. It’s a weird series, it seems whoever wins, usually does for 3-4 years and then it changes. My honest opinion though, loss of coal and jobs around there will have a lasting impact sports wise. No doubt if we continued to play you would beat us sometimes. But I think it would be few and far between. We have 2 classes of kids starting with our freshman who are state champs. Then behind them another group. And possibly the group behind them as well. I didn’t think they’d be that good- the 7th grade group- but they’ve proved me wrong so far. Just a lot of talent coming up along with solid coaching. But I guess we’ll never know, all we can do is speculate.

I was hoping Bell would improve, because it helps us further our goals. But I didn’t think they’d be what people were making it out to be preseason. Even with the transfers coming in. It’s hard to make that big of a jump in ONE year without and influx of talent. They got a few but not what they needed to meet the expectations people were having on here. Good luck though. See ya at Campbell field

I agree we have improved it is just not to that level yet you all for real I told a guy other day he asked was we going to get you all this year I said no we haven't progressed that far good luck to you all and hope all of our local teams have an injury free season and win lose or draw see you in a few weeks!!
hound I think that we have some good young kids down in our feeders the little kids but now the big question is will their parents stay around here with jobs scarce only time will tell!!
Okay, now a word from an outsider!!
Confusednicker:

First of all BobcatForever is spot on, IMO. Feeder programs are the backbone of a successful high school program. And it is difficult to keep growing families around when jobs are scarce!

Secondly, we call Log Mountain "Flag Mountain". I could go into lots of detail, but I will spare you.

Lastly, the last game I was at Letcher County, I was nearly arrested for using a cow bell. NO JOKE!!! It was artificial noise and disallowed. I stopped until Letcher started using THEIR cow bells, then I brought out 4 of them.

LOVE mountain home cooking. It happens everywhere.
Granny Bear Wrote:Okay, now a word from an outsider!!
Confusednicker:

First of all BobcatForever is spot on, IMO. Feeder programs are the backbone of a successful high school program. And it is difficult to keep growing families around when jobs are scarce!

Secondly, we call Log Mountain "Flag Mountain". I could go into lots of detail, but I will spare you.

Lastly, the last game I was at Letcher County, I was nearly arrested for using a cow bell. NO JOKE!!! It was artificial noise and disallowed. I stopped until Letcher started using THEIR cow bells, then I brought out 4 of them.

Granny You always know how to word everything just right:worthy:
Granny Bear Wrote:Okay, now a word from an outsider!!
Confusednicker:

I was almost arrested there but it wasn't because a cowbell.
BobcatForever Wrote:hound I think that we have some good young kids down in our feeders the little kids but now the big question is will their parents stay around here with jobs scarce only time will tell!!

That’s what I meant I said coal jobs, just because that was a big one. But jobs in general. And like I said, I do believe it will have a lasting impact. I was terrified when CSX cut back here. It’s sad how it is now. The series “Justified” was right. They come take our minerals and leave us with the spoil. And it’s not just football. I remember Bell county always have a 6”6 or taller. And not just some lanky guy to take up space. Kids that could play. Heck, we had a kid who grew up in corbin just get drafted by the 49ers. Why did they leave? Job. Another one in our TSA league left at a young age and started QB for auburn. You see a lot of rural county schools enrollment going down year after year. If nothing else, you’re taking away numbers off teams which will effect them. I miss the days of the late 90s mountain football.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Didn’t take long for a Corbin mention their stage champions in middle school and pee wee football in a Bell vs Letcher thread.
Somebody go get them some cookies

Hahahaha. After 20 minutes of deciphering what you attempted to say, I thought it was about as ironic as Bell co. talking about Home cooking hahaha.

You might wanna check who brought corbin into this thread. Because it sure wasn’t a CORBIN fan genius ha
pjdoug Wrote:I was almost arrested there but it wasn't because a cowbell.

I wasn't drinking!!!
Confusednicker:

That night was terrifying, too. Fog started rolling up the road toward the field just after halftime. By the end of the game, you couldn't clearly see across the dang field!!! We had Whitesburg mountain to negotiate and I was really dreading that. It was horrible for the first few miles, but on the very top of the mountain it was clear as a bell.
Granny Bear Wrote:I wasn't drinking!!!
Confusednicker:

That night was terrifying, too. Fog started rolling up the road toward the field just after halftime. By the end of the game, you couldn't clearly see across the dang field!!! We had Whitesburg mountain to negotiate and I was really dreading that. It was horrible for the first few miles, but on the very top of the mountain it was clear as a bell.

Who said anything about drinking? :biggrin: . That mountain can be worrisome at times.
Hound05 Wrote:Yea I’d love to see the series continued. You’re also right. It’s a weird series, it seems whoever wins, usually does for 3-4 years and then it changes. My honest opinion though, loss of coal and jobs around there will have a lasting impact sports wise. No doubt if we continued to play you would beat us sometimes. But I think it would be few and far between. We have 2 classes of kids starting with our freshman who are state champs. Then behind them another group. And possibly the group behind them as well. I didn’t think they’d be that good- the 7th grade group- but they’ve proved me wrong so far. Just a lot of talent coming up along with solid coaching. But I guess we’ll never know, all we can do is speculate.

I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, and I'm really not trying to be the grammar police here, but you said "transfers" as in plural. Bell literally had one kid move in this year that wasn't on the team last season. Consider us losing our best athlete last season, Raynock Thompson to Knoxville Catholic, and it really balances itself back out. Now is London Stephney a difference maker? Absolutely. But I don't want people thinking that Bell had a ton of kids move in this year. The kids they have worked their tails off to become relevant again and they deserve the recognition for it.
These Bobcats are working hard and getting better. It takes time to rebuild the program. But we are getting there.
bobcatpride1 Wrote:I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, and I'm really not trying to be the grammar police here, but you said "transfers" as in plural. Bell literally had one kid move in this year that wasn't on the team last season. Consider us losing our best athlete last season, Raynock Thompson to Knoxville Catholic, and it really balances itself back out. Now is London Stephney a difference maker? Absolutely. But I don't want people thinking that Bell had a ton of kids move in this year. The kids they have worked their tails off to become relevant again and they deserve the recognition for it.

Oh no I didn’t mean anything by it. I honestly thought they had a couple kids move back home. I knew they had the QB and I thought I remembered reading someone else came back to Bell. But you’re right. The kids do deserve recognition. Every kid does. I wouldn’t ever say anything to take that away. Before we got off topic my whole point was, Bell has improved. But I don’t think they have to the point that some made it out to be preseason. You got a vibe from SOME Bell fans that they were back to the previous apex of Dudley’s career. While they may someday, I just didn’t believe they were this year. That’s a huge turn around in one year. Because bell county was very good. I don’t know if it’ll ever be that good again, because of reasons discussed, like jobs in the area and etc. But either way, YES absolutely your kids deserve credit for where they are know. So congratulations and good luck, until we see each other.
Hound05 Wrote:Oh no I didn’t mean anything by it. I honestly thought they had a couple kids move back home. I knew they had the QB and I thought I remembered reading someone else came back to Bell. But you’re right. The kids do deserve recognition. Every kid does. I wouldn’t ever say anything to take that away. Before we got off topic my whole point was, Bell has improved. But I don’t think they have to the point that some made it out to be preseason. You got a vibe from SOME Bell fans that they were back to the previous apex of Dudley’s career. While they may someday, I just didn’t believe they were this year. That’s a huge turn around in one year. Because bell county was very good. I don’t know if it’ll ever be that good again, because of reasons discussed, like jobs in the area and etc. But either way, YES absolutely your kids deserve credit for where they are know. So congratulations and good luck, until we see each other.

I know you didn't mean anything by it. I just wanted to point it out because some people on here take things way out of context. Bell County is a LONG way from being "arrived." And we are no where close to being where the program was 10 years ago. It takes a lot to play in a regional championship year in year out, win a state championship, and win 50 plus games over a span of 4 years. BUT you hounds/other fan bases can't fault us old Bell fans for being somewhat excited because football is all we have. And we're tickled to death that we're back working hard and winning games that we are supposed to win. Good luck and we'll see you in October!