Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell Co 40 Letcher Co Central 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wow wow wow. Worse officiating I've ever seen in a high school game. 3 td's called back on Bell Co. refs pretty much gave LCC 22 points. Can't wait to see the stats for this one and total yards in penalties. I say Bell Co had over 200 yards in penalties EASY!
i have to admit bell allowed one of the touchdowns(the first) the rest were the officials. Bell was 40 points better and showed it for about 10 minutes total. when the refs started making bad calls bell died. bell is really good physically just not in the physiological part. and they need that for the playoffs. coach hilton will prepare them in practice and after pike central there is a bye week. after the bye week bell will start playing some of the big boys
I heard Bell had to kickoff from their own 5 yard line once because of personal fouls...
Congrats Bell on the win. Letcher has some good players and good skill players. Look for both teams to get better as the season progresses. Both teams fought hard the entire game. That was the good part of the game, both teams competing until the end. Letcher’s offensive line play was good. Bell will have to get better on the D line to play with some teams down the road. The only thing I seen that was absolutely atrocious, officiating. I’ve never witnessed an officiating crew that was as laughable as this crew. I will leave it at that. Good luck to both teams down the road
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I heard Bell had to kickoff from their own 5 yard line once because of personal fouls...

Yes. Nobody will ever understand how bad it really was tonight unless you was there. I've been to a lot of high school games in my life. Worse yet. Hands down.
thought it was just me but those officials were blind
I am a homer I will admit there is always call they will miss but I have never seen so many ghost calls in my life I was almost speachless
I know a lot of folks on here hate seeing us Bell fans complain about officiating, cause lord knows we've had our fair share of breaks in the past, but this one was bad. Not taking anything away from Letcher cause their kids played hard and fought to the end, but those refs were making senseless calls in favor of the home team and didn't care who knew it. It's almost like it got to the point were they were rubbing it in Bells faces with how obvious they were. Oh well hopefully we can take a lot from this game and keep improving!!
This game was a lot close than I was anticipating.
Congratulations Bell County on your win!!
Congrats Bell on the W. Wow at the score....
I been saying I believe Bell is coming back.
Congrats to Bell. Bell, Corbin, Letcher all tough places to play. But Letcher is by far the toughest.
BellCo18 Wrote:Wow wow wow. Worse officiating I've ever seen in a high school game. 3 td's called back on Bell Co. refs pretty much gave LCC 22 points. Can't wait to see the stats for this one and total yards in penalties. I say Bell Co had over 200 yards in penalties EASY!
:hilarious:
BellCo18 Wrote:Yes. Nobody will ever understand how bad it really was tonight unless you was there. I've been to a lot of high school games in my life. Worse yet. Hands down.

I've experienced it more than once. lol. it's probably been about 10 years ago I arrived a few minutes after the game had started and my team already had something like a 20-0 lead in the first quarter then the flags started flying , and my team couldn't move the ball the rest of the game against the officials and ended up losing the game . A 70 yard run would back them up 15 yards every single time. Confusednicker:
bobcatpride1 Wrote:I know a lot of folks on here hate seeing us Bell fans complain about officiating, cause lord knows we've had our fair share of breaks in the past, but this one was bad. Not taking anything away from Letcher cause their kids played hard and fought to the end, but those refs were making senseless calls in favor of the home team and didn't care who knew it. It's almost like it got to the point were they were rubbing it in Bells faces with how obvious they were. Oh well hopefully we can take a lot from this game and keep improving!!
I've witnessed poor officiating, but I'd like to have video of some from Whitesburg just for entertainment purposes. at times it's downright comical.
I am sure the officiating was horrible but it is laughable to hear the Bell fans complain about refs. I guess they are seeing what it is like playing on Log Mountain if you are the opposing team.
bear claw Wrote:I am sure the officiating was horrible but it is laughable to hear the Bell fans complain about refs. I guess they are seeing what it is like playing on Log Mountain if you are the opposing team.

I have to agree with everything you said, but witnessing the officiating in Whitesburg is really something special Confusednicker:
BellCo18 Wrote:Yes. Nobody will ever understand how bad it really was tonight unless you was there. I've been to a lot of high school games in my life. Worse yet. Hands down.

Like I said PJ warned us:igiveup:
Wow, cry me a river! Since this is an all bell county thread, this is my take from the game from Letcher county. Yes there was a lot of penalties, no one mentions the Cougars had a lot of flags too. If you hit a player out of bounds or after the whistle, yes their will be a flag. Our receivers were rode like horses all night, no flags and no crying! # 4 is good player without him bell would be average at best. Cougars ran all night between the tackles. On the the kick returns your not aloud to hit the other players in the back, they will call it no matter where your playing at. Well, maybe not at bell county. When I say average I am not cutting on either team! All the players played their butts off!
i really hate how there’s home cooking everywhere you go. last night the game was ruined by flags. 3 tds took back, 250+ yards in penalties. PJ was right 20-0 and bam ten penalties on bell county in the next ten minutes. but it’s everywhere. the boys can’t just play. imagine how good the game would’ve been without flags. it was a clean tough hard nosed game up to 2 minutes in the first quarter.
Colts Wrote:Wow, cry me a river! Since this is an all bell county thread, this is my take from the game from Letcher county. Yes there was a lot of penalties, no one mentions the Cougars had a lot of flags too. If you hit a player out of bounds or after the whistle, yes their will be a flag. Our receivers were rode like horses all night, no flags and no crying! # 4 is good player without him bell would be average at best. Cougars ran all night between the tackles. On the the kick returns your not aloud to hit the other players in the back, they will call it no matter where your playing at. Well, maybe not at bell county. When I say average I am not cutting on either team! All the players played their butts off!
I'm from Whitley County and not a fan of The Bobcats. lol
Colts Wrote:Wow, cry me a river! Since this is an all bell county thread, this is my take from the game from Letcher county. Yes there was a lot of penalties, no one mentions the Cougars had a lot of flags too. If you hit a player out of bounds or after the whistle, yes their will be a flag. Our receivers were rode like horses all night, no flags and no crying! # 4 is good player without him bell would be average at best. Cougars ran all night between the tackles. On the the kick returns your not aloud to hit the other players in the back, they will call it no matter where your playing at. Well, maybe not at bell county. When I say average I am not cutting on either team! All the players played their butts off!

Cougars had a lot flags? What game was you at? They had what 40 yards to our almost 300 yards in penalties and we still put up 40 points. Could had added 6 more at the end but Dudley went into victory formation. He said he just wanted to get the heck out of there.
Westside Wrote:This game was a lot close than I was anticipating.

If you was there. You would understand why 😜
BellMiddle Wrote:i have to admit bell allowed one of the touchdowns(the first) the rest were the officials. Bell was 40 points better and showed it for about 10 minutes total. when the refs started making bad calls bell died. bell is really good physically just not in the physiological part. and they need that for the playoffs. coach hilton will prepare them in practice and after pike central there is a bye week. after the bye week bell will start playing some of the big boys
I think you mean psychological haha. But I know what you’re saying. Just giving ya a hard time after a win. Congrats
BellCo18 Wrote:If you was there. You would understand why 😜

Confusednicker: I got tired of seeing flags at the Whitley County game last night.
Hound05 Wrote:I think you mean psychological haha. But I know what you’re saying. Just giving ya a hard time after a win. Congrats
He meant what he said. lol
I predicted the score to be 42-21 on the pre-game thread. So this is about what I expected. The flags were crazy. Before halftime Bell gets 2 penalties with players from both teams shoving and jawing. The refs very confused. That being said our defense has got to get better. Missing Lefevers up front hurts between the tackles so we hafta adjust there. Also, Letcher has a good offense. They jumped all over Knox last week. They can move the football and at times last night they did a great job of it.
Cougars had a lot flags? What game was you at? They had what 40 yards to our almost 300 yards in penalties and we still put up 40 points. Could had added 6 more at the end but Dudley went into victory formation. He said he just wanted to get the heck out of there.[/QUOTE]

They better issue a flood warning for Middlesboro for the week Bell plays Corbin! Because they will be underwater from the crying!
Colts Wrote:Cougars had a lot flags? What game was you at? They had what 40 yards to our almost 300 yards in penalties and we still put up 40 points. Could had added 6 more at the end but Dudley went into victory formation. He said he just wanted to get the heck out of there.

They better issue a flood warning for Middlesboro for the week Bell plays Corbin! Because they will be underwater from the crying![/QUOTE]

Why Middlesboro? Bell High is in Pineville. 🙄
Pages: 1 2 3