Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy D. Batting Eyes To Lexington...
I have heard from reliable sources that Billy D's wife has been in LEX this weekend looking at houses!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I have heard from reliable sources that Billy D's wife has been in LEX this weekend looking at houses!
Oh Boy.....I don't like rumors like this. Would rather just have UF lose so UK could announce it the next day!!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I have heard from reliable sources that Billy D's wife has been in LEX this weekend looking at houses!

I think that it is right beside Spurrier's. Now they can be neighbors. How about some potential names of the street? "Teaser street" (We know the Big Blue Nation wanted us but we just like to buy houses to flame rumors)
Beef Wrote:Oh Boy.....I don't like rumors like this. Would rather just have UF lose so UK could announce it the next day!!

I agree but it has some truth behind it so hopefully we will hear it made official soon!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I agree but it has some truth behind it so hopefully we will hear it made official soon!

How do you know it has truth behind it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What about this, which is factual: Billy
Donovan has asked TWICE that the O'Donnell
Center be expanded beyond its current 12,000
capacity. The answer was "No," as Florida only
sold out eight times this year. Also, 500 fans
followed UF to New Orleans for the first two
rounds. 500. Pressure is what people
who believe in themselves thrive upon. Billy
Donovan KNOWS he knows more basketball than
almost anyone else around. He's about as
worried about Big Blue Nation as Jerry Rice
is about a guy who says he was an overrated
receiver. The great ones thrive on pressure
because they KNOW they are great. A lot of low
self-esteem types then call them "arrogant" and
moan about their egos...Billy D. plays second
fiddle at UF. His ego chafes against that.
GB1 Wrote:Here's an article out of FL about Billy D.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dl...065/SPORTS

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!! UK is a coaches dream job
alfus21 Wrote:How do you know it has truth behind it?

I'm not actually allowed to say which I know sounds stupid but you can take my word for it or not but i feel like it is the truth that she was looking for a home over the weekend but i know that still doesn't mean that he will come to uk even though im sure most of us hope that!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I'm not actually allowed to say which I know sounds stupid but you can take my word for it or not but i feel like it is the truth that she was looking for a home over the weekend but i know that still doesn't mean that he will come to uk even though im sure most of us hope that!

You're not allowed to say, and you expect us to take your word for it and then you say "I feel like it is the truth".

Come on man. At least back up what you're saying. Otherwise it's pointless and useless. Anybody can come in here and make stuff up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Alfus, I know you go to school here. Have you heard the rumor that Crawford has failed out and already moved from the lodge? I heard this form someone who works in the AD.
venom93 Wrote:Alfus, I know you go to school here. Have you heard the rumor that Crawford has failed out and already moved from the lodge? I heard this form someone who works in the AD.

No. The only thing that has been reported on Crawford is that he was going to play Pro Ball in Europe but he quickly dispelled those rumors and said he was coming back.

I couldn't imagine that being true. If it was I'm sure it would be all over the news and message boards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here's another thing: Billy D's daughter is really
into equestrian events...the World Equestrian

Championships are at the Horse Park in 2010...and,
if you are a horse enthusiast, Lexington is the
place...I think it is becoming very clear that
Donovan and UK basketball are going to be a
match...

Her husband's team is playing in the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight ...

... and she's not with him in St. Louis. She's looking at houses.

Ri-i-i-i-ight.
alfus21 Wrote:You're not allowed to say, and you expect us to take your word for it and then you say "I feel like it is the truth".

Come on man. At least back up what you're saying. Otherwise it's pointless and useless. Anybody can come in here and make stuff up.

It doesn't make any difference to me if u believe me and I don't know that I would if someone said what I did. I have absolutely no reason to come on here and make something up how am I benefiting from making something about about Billy D's wife that doesn't make any sense to me and is useless in my opinion! But I know the person who told me would know if it was true or not but I guess we'll see in the long run.
I'm just saying that the Donovans are too smart to send her around on a shopping spree in Lexington looking for a home. If that was the case it would have been all over the news and people would have spotted her all over the place which not one person has.

How would she have gotten back and forth from St. Louis to Lexington since she was at the Sweet 16 watching her husband's team play?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I'm just saying that the Donovans are too smart to send her around on a shopping spree in Lexington looking for a home. If that was the case it would have been all over the news and people would have spotted her all over the place which not one person has.

How would she have gotten back and forth from St. Louis to Lexington since she was at the Sweet 16 watching her husband's team play?

I never said she was there all weekend and she may have been just looking over a house that someone had suggested to them! I completely agree that it would've been on the news if she was going around Lexington looking at random homes but like you said the Donovan's are to smart for that! Its not like its impossible for her to be there is it?
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I never said she was there all weekend and she may have been just looking over a house that someone had suggested to them! I completely agree that it would've been on the news if she was going around Lexington looking at random homes but like you said the Donovan's are to smart for that! Its not like its impossible for her to be there is it?

Not impossible at all, but I don't think it's likely that she was jumping cities to look at a house when she would have easily been spotted at the airport. I think Billy Donovan may be a done deal but I doubt that either of them have been in Lexington since they last played UK.

I'll leave it at that though and we can take what was said for what it's worth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Not impossible at all, but I don't think it's likely that she was jumping cities to look at a house when she would have easily been spotted at the airport. I think Billy Donovan may be a done deal but I doubt that either of them have been in Lexington since they last played UK.

I'll leave it at that though and we can take what was said for what it's worth.

I agree hopefully it was true b/c if it was I'd say its a done deal! Even though its starting to look that way anyways but you know he'll milk it for all the money he can! I just don't think he'll pass up coaching at UK its the Holy Grail of Basketball!
TomSportsHack Wrote:And what if Donovan goes to LEX, doesn't get 30 wins straight-away and then has to deal with boosters and talk-radio-callers stabbing him in the back? That scenario is far more likely than him "becoming a legend at UK."

UK fans are the most fickle basketball fans in the nation. And only a Bammer can deny the fact that his athletic department has become a national laughingstock with a straight face.

As for the compliments you're paying Saban ... he's a lying, two-faced snake and he proved it when he walked out on the Dolphins and claimed he had no idea the Crimson Tide had been after him for months. Karma is against him, along with all the fodder he gives rival recruiters (he makes promises, tells people things, gives them his word ... and then he leaves).

Actually, I can't foresee even a slight possibilty that Donovan would get criticized at all in his first couple years. This situation is completely different than when Tubby came on board 10 years ago for a couple reasons:

1) Tubby, even though I always felt he got a raw deal, was never completely accepted by segments of the UK fan base right from the start. Even when he won an NCAA title in his first year, many people said 'it was with Pitino's players' and gave Tubby no credit at all. This was mainly because he was following a coach who was beloved by the entire state. Donovan, on the other hand, would not have this problem, as most of the state is already worshipping him now and he's not even at UK.

2) Expectations for Tubby were much higher at the start. He took over a team that had been to back-to-back title games, winning one of them, and fans fully expected his team to at least make a Final Four run. This time, however, the bar has been lowered by the past couple years, and most fans realize that the cupboard is not exactly stocked for next year, especially if some players leave. Even if the team misses the NCAA tourney next year, I doubt much blame will be placed on Donovan.

So, no, I think the back-stabbing scenario is MUCH less likely.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:Nice to see you on here again, but you just stay down there in the Sunshine state and enjoy your national title. We will take the coach.

I showed up to follow along when the Pike Central girls went to the Sweet 16, stayed on board for the Shelby Valley boys and hung around for this.

Beef Wrote:Billy wants to come to UK IMO. He made sure that in his contract with UF, that the only SEC school that he is allowed to talk with is UK.

Batpuff Wrote:
Quote:Originally Posted by The Fan
read his contract nowhere in it does it say this
Oh but yes it does.

We can officially put this one to bed: It isn't true. There's also no buyout clause, but there's loyalty bonus that he would have to repay most of if he leaves. However, the bonus for making the Final Four (and possibly another for winning the national title) would help take the sting out of that financial bite.

http://brockblog.gainesville.com/default...tem=546783
TomSportsHack Wrote:I showed up to follow along when the Pike Central girls went to the Sweet 16, stayed on board for the Shelby Valley boys and hung around for this.
Just messing with ya old friend. Stay around some more! :Thumbs:
So it is NOT true that Donovan has a section in his contract that says he is allowed to talk to UK if the position comes open?

thetribe Wrote:So it is NOT true that Donovan has a section in his contract that says he is allowed to talk to UK if the position comes open?

It is not true. It never was.

He is allowed to talk with anybody who wants to talk with him about coaching their team, assuming his current employer grants permission. (Such permission is always granted as a matter of courtesy.)