Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
64.00%
Raceland
36.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Semifinals Pikeville @ Raceland 11/24
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Always enjoyed these games. Hated to see the regular season game between these two come to an end. What kind of depth does Pikeville have? I know they had some upfront early in the year, but heard their center went down and another lineman earlier in the year?
Pikevilles depth is in pretty good shape. Still waiting to hear regarding the center, but if he is unable to go, we have an experienced backup. I don’t believe we have any other linemen out due to injury. Had two that just came back from injury so we are ok in depth for now.

As a fan, I partially wanted us to play Paintsville again, to show that the first game was an aberration and how much Pikeville has improved. But I am also happy to be playing Raceland, always enjoyed the fans, classy bunch for the most part (all fan bases have a few unlikable ones). Lol

What condition is the field in?
PHSForever Wrote:Pikevilles depth is in pretty good shape. Still waiting to hear regarding the center, but if he is unable to go, we have an experienced backup. I don’t believe we have any other linemen out due to injury. Had two that just came back from injury so we are ok in depth for now.

As a fan, I partially wanted us to play Paintsville again, to show that the first game was an aberration and how much Pikeville has improved. But I am also happy to be playing Raceland, always enjoyed the fans, classy bunch for the most part (all fan bases have a few unlikable ones). Lol

What condition is the field in?

The field is in good shape. Night & day difference from past years now that the Bermuda grass is here. If you haven't been to a game here in a while you will be impressed.
Slic Ric Wrote:The field is in good shape. Night & day difference from past years now that the Bermuda grass is here. If you haven't been to a game here in a while you will be impressed.

Bermuda grass alone makes a big difference.
Ram1998 Wrote:16 I believe, 14 start

Both running backs are juniors , both offensive tackles are sophomores , left guard is a jr . One defensive end is a jr , one corner is a sophomore , safety is a jr .. not sure how you get 16 seniors starting
Two great fan bases and teams. Should be a war. Panthers by 3.
My bad 14 starting
Raceland loses
Damon, Jake , cole , cam, Jacob , on offense .. Justin , tyus , will , Justin W , jaden , , cam . And mike in defense .. . that’s al i can come up with as starters
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland loses
Damon, Jake , cole , cam, Jacob , on offense .. Justin , tyus , will , Justin W , jaden , , cam . And mike in defense .. . that’s al i can come up with as starters

And Michael Hughes, who starts sometimes.
I think the Rams have to play a perfect game to when.I believe that Pikeville has one of if not the best coaching staff in the east.If we get up and try to coast to the win like we did in the second half at Paintsville then we will get beat.Im thankful for a home playoff game the day after Thanksgiving.Its always nice to be playing this time of the year.GO RAMS!
I like Ramdad50, believe who makes the fewest mistakes wins this game. Watching these two teams they are a lot alike both have a lot of weapons and can score from anywhere on the field. If Pikeville’s defense steps up and wraps up and tackles I see Pikeville winning. This Rams don’t go down with arm tackles and they run hard. Offensively Pikeville has to stay on their blocks and hit the holes fast because the Rams defense is quick at getting to the ball. Go luck to both teams,GO PANTHERS!!!
Pikeville 28
Raceland 21

Raceland will not be as familiar with Pikeville's offense as they were with Paintsville's. Pikeville proved their defense has also improved dramatically over the course of the year.
I have watched alot of Pikeville stuff this morning and we hold an advantage upfront defensively. Pikeville has some height at WR and their QB is accurate. So defending the deep fade and spying that deep middle is going to be crucial. Offensively I like our chances if we stay up tempo. But this is a game that we cant sit back on our heels if we get a lead. We have to be full throttle the entire game. I still like my 27-14 Raceland win prediction if our defense comes out like they have been. This game comes down to our DBs vs the Panthers recievers.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland loses

These Seniors start or play majority of the time. Is that better....
1. Tyus 2. Justin F 3. Justin w 4. Will 5 Jayden 6 cam 7 Jacob 8. Damon 9 Jake
10 Cole 11 Michael 12 Luke 13 Kyle 14 chase
15. Evans does start on kick offs
Chase plays but not start , Kyle and Michael split time at the same position . If your saying play yes start no but i did forget about the kicker Luke
I used to argue about the two way players vs one way players. But this year it has really worked out. If u can go one way, thats the way to go. Doing it this year was easier though bc we had a few sophs and several jrs that were able to carry the work load and do a great job doing so.
Alot of the sophs look very promising for next year as well. Through grade school, that class had seemingly a team full of lineman and TEs. But they have grown and developed into a solid and versatile group. I think thats something that has aided our special teams play this year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I used to argue about the two way players vs one way players. But this year it has really worked out. If u can go one way, thats the way to go. Doing it this year was easier though bc we had a few sophs and several jrs that were able to carry the work load and do a great job doing so.

I agree I’ve not liked the one way playing at all but I think it has helped us. As much time the defense spends on the field some games it’s been nice not having to go both ways. Having Fairchild (OL) and Ferguson (TE) on offense (I like having a TE)would diffenlty make us better when blocking but it would take away from them being fresh on defense. What we r doing now seems to be working. Let’s get it done this week as well.
I’m going with the Panthers in this one..

Panthers 28
Rams 20
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It's going to be a good one. Pikeville has surprised me this year. I will be pulling for you in this game.
Hazard posted there stats from the game.

Hazard rushed for 212 yards and 148 yards by the pass. Quarterback threw 4 picks. Hazard also 1-2 fumbles. 360 total yards from that.

Pikeville has 127 on the ground and 161 in the air. Total of 288 yards.
Interesting stat no turnovers except for stopped on downs a couple times.
[quote=Ram1998]I agree I’ve not liked the one way playing at all but I think it has helped us. As much time the defense spends on the field some games it’s been nice not having to go both ways. Having Fairchild (OL) and Ferguson (TE) on offense (I like having a TE)would diffenlty make us better when blocking but it would take away from them being fresh on defense. What we r doing now seems to be working. Let’s get it done this week as well.[/QUOTE

Yup. I like the different packages we have been using as of late. Stuff we really didnt show early in the year. I like seeing Dalton at punter do. Will Hale did a fine job, but Dalton gets more air under the ball ans gives us more time in coverage.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard posted there stats from the game.

Hazard rushed for 212 yards and 148 yards by the pass. Quarterback threw 4 picks. Hazard also 1-2 fumbles. 360 total yards from that.

Pikeville has 127 on the ground and 161 in the air. Total of 288 yards.
Interesting stat no turnovers except for stopped on downs a couple times.
Approximately 65-70 of those passing yards for Hazard were when Pikeville went prevent on Hazards lone TD drive. And there were 5 interceptions, Birchfield intercepted the 2 point conversion attempt. 2 for C. Billiter, 1 each for Pugh, Birchfield, and Hensley. The numbers are a LITTLE misleading, because the Run game was the only thing successful for Hazard until their last drive. It was just a good old fashioned slobber knocker game with big hits and a +6 TO ratio combined with efficient offense that converted numerous 3rd downs to keep the chains moving. Great game to have attended!
2000PHS Wrote:Pikeville 28
Raceland 21

Raceland will not be as familiar with Pikeville's offense as they were with Paintsville's. Pikeville proved their defense has also improved dramatically over the course of the year.

They may be good offensively, but Pikeville isn't going to run anything offensively that the RAMS haven't already seen before, or can't watch on film. I'm sure they've already seen them on film several times, & vice versa. They have a week to prepare. We'll see on Friday. It should be a great game.
Not to hijack the thread, but I have been late this year on these, so everyone (Ram Fans can even get a glimpse of what they will see Friday) can catch up. (Yeah, only the wins for now Wink)

If Raceland plays a complete game 28-17 Rams. Unlikely.
If Raceland does not play a full game Pikeville 32-18
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Don't know much about the mountain Putty tats. Did battalie play last night? Keep hearing that is their stud. If the Rams are on point I think they will win.

Battalion has not play a down this year.
Jarons Wrote:I believe the last time they played each other was 2013 for the regional championship at Raceland. Raceland won 14-3 in the rain.

You are correct and the home team has won when they have played.
PHSForever Wrote:What condition is the field in?
Here's a pic taken this year during one of our games.
I love Panther Thunder’s highlights but we need one more highlight night. If the Panthers defense plays the way they can I think that is the key to this win if not it’s going to be a long night. These Rams are very good on defense and like one poster said if they only score 14 points Raceland wins. So buckle up and lock those arms up and do your job and everything else will take care of it’s self. Love these Panthers and go get another win,GO PIKEVILLE
Raceland will be ready to play , Ram stadium will be jamming with a packed house home field will be a big advantage. Sorry panthers you’ve had a great year but it ends Friday night Rams on a mission
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next