Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
38.10%
Raceland
61.90%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Ashland Blazer 08/25/2017
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Love the support TB and Pj teach me how to dougie!!! I like our chances if the numbers don't get the best of us. What kind of size does Ashland have up front?

it cant be taught, you either have it or you dont. not enough size, they couldn't do anything with Harlan County.
Raceland doesn't have a lot of size either but they more than make up for it with hustle and determination. They done a great job stopping the outside runs against LC and I don't think Ashland will pound the ball up the middle. Taking the Rams by 7.
Raceland 35 to 21
Ashland 24 Raceland 20
0ff The Chain Wrote:Raceland doesn't have a lot of size either but they more than make up for it with hustle and determination. They done a great job stopping the outside runs against LC and I don't think Ashland will pound the ball up the middle. Taking the Rams by 7.

Not a lot of size ?? Line is 6"1 260 , 6"2 230 , 6"3 280 , 6"3 220 and 6"4 320 . That's pretty good size
Raceland with the win.
Having Jake Dixon back should help with the Run game as well. I liked our offensive ballance against LC. Also very excited about some of the wrinkles in the offense that we haven't shown yet. Watched some practice the other day and there are several sets I saw that should be very effective against teams that may be stronger upfront than we are. The skill guys are quick footed and extremely athletic but we also have the athleticism upfront as well. We aren't the quick strike type of offense that we have been. But if we continue to play good defense and stay effective in the redzone, I think we will be ok this year.

As for this WEEK, as long as depth doesn't become an issue and Damon takes care of the ball like he did against LC, we will win the ball game. Kudos to that young man. I wasn't sold on him and worried about his decision making. But after going 14 of 16, he pretty much laid that to rest. He throws the long ball with a little more air under it Tham what Nathaniel did, so it's obvious the receivers are adjusting to that. Once that timing is down, there's no reason Damon can't be a 1500 yard passer.
Special teams and redzone effecient has been a massive issue from game 1 until the last game of the season, even with the back to back regional championship years. I saw vast improvements in both aspects in week one.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Not a lot of size ?? Line is 6"1 260 , 6"2 230 , 6"3 280 , 6"3 220 and 6"4 320 . That's pretty good size

Sorry nut, I was just referring to Raceland's defense and how tenacious they were.
Along with that size 4 of those lineman 2 sophomores and 2 Juniors were seeing their first meaningful varsity snaps. So they have alot of room for improvement as they get more reps.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Having Jake Dixon back should help with the Run game as well. I liked our offensive ballance against LC. Also very excited about some of the wrinkles in the offense that we haven't shown yet. Watched some practice the other day and there are several sets I saw that should be very effective against teams that may be stronger upfront than we are. The skill guys are quick footed and extremely athletic but we also have the athleticism upfront as well. We aren't the quick strike type of offense that we have been. But if we continue to play good defense and stay effective in the redzone, I think we will be ok this year.

As for this WEEK, as long as depth doesn't become an issue and Damon takes care of the ball like he did against LC, we will win the ball game. Kudos to that young man. I wasn't sold on him and worried about his decision making. But after going 14 of 16, he pretty much laid that to rest. He throws the long ball with a little more air under it Tham what Nathaniel did, so it's obvious the receivers are adjusting to that. Once that timing is down, there's no reason Damon can't be a 1500 yard passer.

will have to see how his decision making is when he faces a tough defense. it will be a little while longer before he faces one .
0ff The Chain Wrote:Sorry nut, I was just referring to Raceland's defense and how tenacious they were.

No big deal , yes our Dline is not real big but play big
Ashland 35
Raceland 6
checkmate9113 Wrote:Ashland 35
Raceland 6

That's not gonna happen.
None
Poor Poor Putty Tats.
My Tomcats aren't getting much love after last week's showing. As for the game this Friday,well.....Ashland is still Ashland and Raceland is still just Raceland.

Tomcats 25
Rams 16
Painter Wrote:My Tomcats aren't getting much love after last week's showing. As for the game this Friday,well.....Ashland is still Ashland and Raceland is still just Raceland.

Tomcats 25
Rams 16

You are correct, Raceland is still just a single A school that should never give the big bad tomcats a game. Hey, a blind squirrel finds and acorn every now and then. Little ole Rams might too. Wait, think we found one last year. Could they find 2 in a row. Can't wait to see.
This could and should be a professional wrestling Pay-Per-View main event.....

Johnson Central & Raceland
vs.
Ashland & Paintsville

4A district rivals & 1A district rivals....
Ashland doesn't like JC, JC doesn't like Ashland. Paintsville doesn't like Raceland, Raceland doesn't like Paintsville.
JC doesn't like Paintsville, Paintsville doesn't like JC. Ashland doesn't like Raceland, Raceland doesn't like Ashland.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Vince McMahon, if you read this.... make it happen, SurvivorSeries sounds good to me.

On For Real time...... These two games, scheduled on the same night at the same stadium would be a MASSIVE gate. Let one school rotate hosting it on a four year rotation. Not sure if Paintsville or Raceland's stadium could hold such massive crowds though. We would get two district rival games between four Top 10 teams in their respective classes.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Poor poor putty tats.
Painter Wrote:My Tomcats aren't getting much love after last week's showing. As for the game this Friday,well.....Ashland is still Ashland and Raceland is still just Raceland.

Tomcats 25
Rams 16

Raceland will hammer the cats thoroughly.

Tomcats 25
Rams 16

This actually hasn't been a bad series and Raceland has won quite a few games against Ashland. If you go back and look at the KHSAA scoreboard, Ashland leads the series 9-5 since 1999. Now there have been years where Ashland has absolutely whipped our butt but for the most part this has been a very competitive game that the Rams usually have a chance to win. I agree that that Tomcats should be getting more respect coming into this game but the Rams should also get more respect from the Tomcat faithful because based on the numbers we do come into their house and win one more often then we are given credit for. As for this game, I look for it to be a good hard fought game that should be fun to watch.
The thing I like most about this game, is over the last 10 years, the narrative has changed. For years it was, Ashland kicks the taste out of our mouth for 5 years, then has a down year and we have a contender season and we bear Ashland by a score. But since 2006, there have been some really good games between these two schools. I don't think it's ashland becoming weaker either. I think we have made strides in the program to build, not just numbers, but quality numbers. Ashland 2s will still likely always be as good as our 1s and their 3s will best our 2s in most cases. But having even a few quality guys that can jump in and spell some of the big ugliest upfront has m as DE a big difference in this series. Looking forward to tomorrow night!
Raceland 21-14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just hope Raceland shows and with the correct uniform on and able to line up correctly in warm ups we are just a little ole school with about 350 kids in the high school in a good year, they have no business playing the big mean tomcats. I can see why the Ashland fans are so arrogant it's been a long time since the Rams beat those studs and Ashland won the state 27 years ago and still riding that high . Maybe some of you guys on here could talk to coach love and see if wouldn't mind playing ther JFL kids in the second half so Raceland could maybe score . Thanks in advance
My only real gripe about this game is how Ashland always has home field advantage. I get it that Putnam Stadium is bigger but it really isn't fair to our players that they are always the visiting team. The way I see it is if Russell and Ironton can play us at home then so can Ashland and with Raceland getting a new field surface there is really no reason why this shouldn't be a home/away series.
Mean ole Putty tats!
Orange Blaze Wrote:My only real gripe about this game is how Ashland always has home field advantage. I get it that Putnam Stadium is bigger but it really isn't fair to our players that they are always the visiting team. The way I see it is if Russell and Ironton can play us at home then so can Ashland and with Raceland getting a new field surface there is really no reason why this shouldn't be a home/away series.

Ashland pays Raceland 6000 to play them at home which is slot of money towards the program . But could you imagine paying someone 6000 to beat you lol that has to sting a tad bit
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Ashland pays Raceland 6000 to play them at home which is slot of money towards the program . But could you imagine paying someone 6000 to beat you lol that has to sting a tad bit

I understand that it makes sense financially but from a football point of view I still don't like it lol.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I understand that it makes sense financially but from a football point of view I still don't like it lol.

It's definitely a advantage for Ashland and Raceland not having the numbers Ashland does and the fact it's always 100 degrees when they play makes it even tougher along with Raceland not being able to use locker rooms and Ashland does but Raceland does just fine