Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Ashland Blazer 08/25/2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who do you have in this one? The Rams came into Putnum Stadium last year and beat the Tomacts for the first time in 8 years. Ashland is looking to rebound at home after a tough loss at Harlan County while the Rams are coming off of a solid opening win against Lawrence County. This has turned out to be a good game over the years and I expect no different this season.
Can a moderator change the date to 8/25/2017? This game falls on my birthday and I put 1985 out of habit lol.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Can a moderator change the date to 8/25/2017? This game falls on my birthday and I put 1985 out of habit lol.

Done :biggrin:
Rams 28-14.
Before last night, I thought Ashland was going to thump us this year. I don't think we have the depth upfront to blow them out or win confortably, but this is the first time in awhile that I feel we match them at nearly every position. I expect an incredible atmosphere as always, a packed house, and a good night of high school football. I really like our special teams and speed outside defensively. Right now our weakness is the interior DL depth. We were fine until we got a little tired in the second half against Lawrence. Ashland hasn't been known for a ground and pound offense. I really like our match up with them this year.

Rams 21
Tomcats 14
This should be a good game and it is always hard to come out of Putnam Stadium with a win. The Rams showed some bright spots against Lawrence County but there are still several improvements to be made. If they show up and control the line of scrimmage and play with discipline on the defensive side then I think the Rams will win this game. I look for this to be a close game with the winning margin being by no more than 10 points.

Raceland 28
Ashland 24
If the RAMS play solid defense and don't give up big plays, they can leave Putnam with the "W".
Raceland struggled at times to contain and stop #5 and Lawerence's OL play most of the night was poor. Kid had defenders in his face literally every drop and ran for his life most of the night. Harlan County will be a Top 10 probably top 5- 5A school before seasons end and have been looking to this year as their breakout season with a senior led team. (25 seniors) Ashland's QB #10 can throw it around and is faster, harder to contain and catch from behind. Ashland must also get #6 touches early and often as he was a bright spot against HC and a matchup problem too. Ashland OL-DL will have to show improvement and I think will in this game. Raceland plays hard, has size, speed, and looked great but the judge is out on Lawerence and how good they actually are. Ashland shows up and plays 4 they win by 2 or more scores.
Tomcats by a late TD.
Rams-21

T-cats-13
Raceland - 21

Ashland - 13
Raceland 28

Ashland 13
Let's be real Raceland beat LC at Raceland ,big difference in playing Ashland at Ashland . LC was a good win but I think we need to not go crazy and think the Rams are gonna go 10-0, still Gonna have bumps in the road and that's fine this team will be a lot better in week 11 than weeks 1or 2 .
1A Raceland has my attention after beating Lawrence County last night. Good luck :popcorn:

Raceland 28
Ashland 20
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Let's be real Raceland beat LC at Raceland ,big difference in playing Ashland at Ashland . LC was a good win but I think we need to not go crazy and think the Rams are gonna go 10-0, still Gonna have bumps in the road and that's fine this team will be a lot better in week 11 than weeks 1or 2 .

I agree. We are better outnofnthe gate than I thought we were going to be. But our lack of depth, or lack of using that depth, hurt us in the second half. There are about 5 or 6 kids that could have at least got in for a series or so to help lighten the load on Tyus and Fairchild. Something I couldn't grasp is why Davidson wasn't utilized more when they were killing us up the middle. Having Jake Dixon back will spell Tyus which should make a difference and all in all we looked solid on the offensive side. Didn't show much, best I could gather, we ran about 10 different plays or a variation of those same 10 plays all night. Going to be interesting to see if the team can hold that intensity we saw in the 1st half and the poise at the end of the game, for 4 quarters of play. We will know where we stand a little better come Saturday morning, that much is for sure. We will get all Ashland has to offer.
Yes agreed I felt if we threw another lineman in A gap that would have help a lot. Fairchild was taking on a double teams most of the night and looked a little gassed . Davidson or another of our big lineman could have clogged up a hole. Can't complain much we did win. No to many teams rely on the run like lawerance does. If LC get's a passing game they will be tough to beat.
I'm thinking Ashland in Overtime in this one since it's at Ashland
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Let's be real Raceland beat LC at Raceland ,big difference in playing Ashland at Ashland . LC was a good win but I think we need to not go crazy and think the Rams are gonna go 10-0, still Gonna have bumps in the road and that's fine this team will be a lot better in week 11 than weeks 1or 2 .

coach speak. lol. I don't think The Tomcats can beat The Rams this year Smile
RACELAND

Ashland may start the season 0-3.
Rams by 7.
I agree Raceland needs to use more dept but it's not gonna happen almost cost them last Friday and will really show up this Friday it will be 100 degrees on the field Ashland will rotate 20 plus kids Raceland will play maybe 15 . Seen it multiple times Friday kids asking for a break and got yelled at one was tapping his helmet asking out and was ignored , last year I felt they kept Issac and Jerome on the sidelines to much and it cost them maybe that's changed his thinking or he has no confidence in any of the others either way I don't see it changing
I don't either, but there are several standing over there that showed they could get the job done well enough in spells. Either way, I feel better about the attitude this team seems to have. Look to be playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulder and with a little more fire.
Looking at stats, Racelands new QB did fairly well at 14 of 16. The running game was balanced with Adkins and Love getting the bulk of carries. I can see some good things from this team later in the season.
IMO Ashland will have to establish some kind of running game to beat Raceland. The passing game should be there if Ratliff has enough time. They relied too heavily on the pass against Harlan Co because the run game wasn't there. They have to have some type of ground game to balance things out a bit. It will be a close game either way. Go Cats!!
Good luck to both teams on an injury free game. This game is nothing more than a bragging rights game and a game to correct mistakes from week 0 and show improvement. Should be a dandy and if the PCB wasn't this weekend, would be one I'd love to see.
If Ashland beats Raceland it will be an upset :flame:
TigerBlues Wrote:If Ashland beats Raceland it will be an upset :flame:

:truestory:
Raceland
Love the support TB and Pj teach me how to dougie!!! I like our chances if the numbers don't get the best of us. What kind of size does Ashland have up front?
I'm picking the Rams by 7. If the rams can match the same level of focus and fire like they did in the first half of last week, look out. I was so impressed with the qb, Adkins and Webb and the entire offense line. Hope for injury free game on both sides.
Pages: 1 2 3