Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 71 Prestonsburg 58
Yes I believe I was standing right there. One of AC's players knocked the ball out of Burchett's hands after time expired, then as he was walking to his team to go shake hands another AC players took his shoulder and rammed it into him. So I'm pretty sure if someone did that to me I would be running my mouth about it too.

As for Prestonsburgs student section, they did nothing wrong. During the JV game, yelling, "Oooooohhh," how is that bad? Because that's all they did.
Gee, I don't recall seeing any Pburg fans standing in front of AC's band tonight. Which is where the incident took place.
gotcha2 Wrote:Gee, I don't recall seeing any Pburg fans standing in front of AC's band tonight. Which is where the incident took place.
Oh really? I don't think I recall seeing any standing there either.
Wow, wonder why anyone would say anything to the burg fan section,,,,DUH,,,. Oh Oh !!!! don't tell me someone besides the SF team has an attitude problem... But wait it is a Beaver team being labeled "attitude problem" from a cat fan...LOL... go figure. Great game AC... congrats and all the best in the games ahead.
P-Burg student section is very rude!! Congrats Rebels!!
Congrats to the Rebels. The Cats lost this game because AC wanted it more. They never gave up on lose balls and wanted the rebounds more than the bigger cats interior players. The cats missed to many lay up and close shots in the 1st half. The Cats were also out coached in this one. Overall the Rebels were the better team on this night and deserved the win. The refs were bad but what is new in the 15th. Hammonds, Collins and Martin played very well for the Rebs. I thought Hall and Patton played the best for the Cats.
Burchett didnt run his mouth at the end of the game. I heard him telling the coaches that he handed Logan Crowder the ball and said good game after he knocked it out of his hands with time expired. Logan Crowder threw the ball back at Burchett but missed and hit Francis. As Burchett was walking to the bench, the other Crowder elbowed him in the chest. Burchett showed class and walked away.
Congrats to Ac in the varsity game.
hornetfan Wrote:P-Burg student section is very rude!! Congrats Rebels!!

And tell me a student section that isn't? The Rebel section was also very rude especially when the Region Champion Cat cheerleaders took the floor.

As far as the JV game, #44 for the Rebs couldn't take the booing of the Cat student section and committed the ultimate no no as a player, react to the crowd. The only made then give him a harder time. But the JV refs (1 is 1st year official other to old to call) let the game get out of hand on both sides. I had an official watching the game tell me that those two refs lost control of the game and should have cleaned it up much earlier. Glad the varsity game was much more respectful between most players. There should have been diciplinary action taken for the players on both teams at the end of the game, throwing the ball at another player, talking to players and then throwing shoulders and elbows while shaking hands.
I have attended lots of games this year, and by far this student section was the rudest!! Our principal never lets ours get out of hand. Calling people names from across the court?? Couldnt wait to get out of there, especially when they called a kid, just a kid now, clapping for his family,UGLY. If thats not rude, i dunno what is.
Irish#1 Wrote:Burchett didnt run his mouth at the end of the game. I heard him telling the coaches that he handed Logan Crowder the ball and said good game after he knocked it out of his hands with time expired. Logan Crowder threw the ball back at Burchett but missed and hit Francis. As Burchett was walking to the bench, the other Crowder elbowed him in the chest. Burchett showed class and walked away.

Both the Crowder boys look like they have a bit of a temper
Every student section can be rude. Why don't you look at how Allen Central acted when Pburg's cheerleaders took the floor. I'm just gonna give a word of advice. Maybe you should look at the cheerleaders, and see that the heaviest one is probably maybe 125.. and then look at your own cheerleaders, and you might have a second thought on who you should be yelling "boom" at.

Hmm.. was that a rude comment I just made? It must be a Prestonsburg thing.
This isn't the cheerleading section and we sure aren't going to get into comments that are not deserving for the young ladies that bring so much fan support for both Allen Central and Prestonsburg. Congratulations to AC for winning the conference and deserving the number one seed in the tournament.
catsfan072 Wrote:Every student section can be rude. Why don't you look at how Allen Central acted when Pburg's cheerleaders took the floor. I'm just gonna give a word of advice. Maybe you should look at the cheerleaders, and see that the heaviest one is probably maybe 125.. and then look at your own cheerleaders, and you might have a second thought on who you should be yelling "boom" at.

Hmm.. was that a rude comment I just made? It must be a Prestonsburg thing.
What in the world does this have to do with this ballgame?Talk about childish.Congrats AC.Good game P-Burg.
Johnny Fairplay Wrote:Congrats to the Rebels. The Cats lost this game because AC wanted it more. They never gave up on lose balls and wanted the rebounds more than the bigger cats interior players. The cats missed to many lay up and close shots in the 1st half. The Cats were also out coached in this one. Overall the Rebels were the better team on this night and deserved the win. The refs were bad but what is new in the 15th. Hammonds, Collins and Martin played very well for the Rebs. I thought Hall and Patton played the best for the Cats.

That pretty much sums it up right there.

The game was tied at 17 after the first quarter and Prestonsburg was dominating the boards early and AC committed 8 first half turnovers. The only problem for Prestonsburg was that they couldn't put the ball in the hole. Hall had a nice game with "4" 3-pointers and Patton continues to play with more confidence inside. If PBurg could've taken advantage of the early mistakes of AC, the game may have been different. Good example was Bobby Hughes, he only had 5 points, fouled out and was 0-4 from the outside and we all know he's better than that.

As for the officials, Johnny Fairplay hits it again - it's the 15th region, what do you expect? And it wasn't just on AC guys, Mason Vance for Prestonsburg, who picked up a technical, should've fouled out for his rough play early in the contest.

And I don't know what happened with Robbie Cole of Allen Central, he simply had a meltdown, a YouTube moment in the JV game. I hope he can regain some composure and get it together because his team needs him to be aggressive, but not out of control, on the court.

Congrats to Allen Central on an undefeated run through the conference and their first regular season conference crown since 2000-2001 season. Stay together and you will go far in a few weeks.

I agree with you "hornetfan", Prestonsburg fans were way out of line last night. Yes, Robbie and the Crowder boys may have done stupid things in the JV game...but that had nothing to do with the Varsity game. Talk about childish...How childish is it to stand up in your cheering section and have the balls to yell things like "Johnny Fartin'" and "RACISTS". I mean come on. There is not one player from Allen Central who gives a damn about your race. I know for a fact that half of them have friends from outside their race. Where was Prestonsburg's Principal in all this, if no one noticed...Allen Central's principal sat beside the student section during a DISTRICT GAME. She knew it would get heated, because Prestonsburg fans and supporters are RUDE and THINK THEY ARE GOD'S GIFT TO EVERYTHING. So...now that we have established that, lets get back on topic. Allen Central deserved this win, they are the better team, and they showed that last night. Don't blame the refs, they are this bad at every game...but unlike at Prestonsburg, we don't PAY THEM OFF! GO AC! Keep it up!
:Cheerlead
rebel mom Wrote:What in the world does this have to do with this ballgame?Talk about childish.Congrats AC.Good game P-Burg.

Well I believe everyone was talking about student sections so thats what it has to do with the ballgame. The AC fans booed the Prestonsburgs cheerleaders as they took the floor and yelled "boom" at them, and that is VERY rude.. they even booed two Prestonsburg cheerleaders as they walked across the court court to get balls from the ball rack for their team to use to run out with. Where was AC's principal while all of this was going on?

and now, assister the cheer was "Johnny Martin." Maybe you should get it right. The only reason they do it is b/c of the he acted at a Pburg/Ac bball game a few years back. But obviously AC liked it, they joined in with Pburg.
assister Wrote:I agree with you "hornetfan", Prestonsburg fans were way out of line last night. Yes, Robbie and the Crowder boys may have done stupid things in the JV game...but that had nothing to do with the Varsity game. Talk about childish...How childish is it to stand up in your cheering section and have the balls to yell things like "Johnny Fartin'" and "RACISTS". I mean come on. There is not one player from Allen Central who gives a damn about your race. I know for a fact that half of them have friends from outside their race. Where was Prestonsburg's Principal in all this, if no one noticed...Allen Central's principal sat beside the student section during a DISTRICT GAME. She knew it would get heated, because Prestonsburg fans and supporters are RUDE and THINK THEY ARE GOD'S GIFT TO EVERYTHING. So...now that we have established that, lets get back on topic. Allen Central deserved this win, they are the better team, and they showed that last night. Don't blame the refs, they are this bad at every game...but unlike at Prestonsburg, we don't PAY THEM OFF! GO AC! Keep it up!

I agree with you in a sense that student sections should worry more about cheering their team on and helping them play better than saying things about players or making fun of cheerleaders. Student sections should be there to make noise for their team. I do however disagree with your comment on (Prestonsburg fans and supporters are RUDE and THINK THEY ARE GOD'S GIFT TO EVERYTHING). I am a Blackcat backer but I am at the games to cheer for my team and not to say anything negative about any other team. Look at my comments on the game never was an excuse made for the loss. I personally like to see all the teams in the 58 do well. Myself as well as others I saw after the game congratulated several Rebel players and on the floor I saw a few of Blackcat players help up an opposing player. So your comment that includes ALL makes you as ignorant as the people you are talking about.
[QUOTE=assister]I agree with you "hornetfan", Prestonsburg fans were way out of line last night. Yes, Robbie and the Crowder boys may have done stupid things in the JV game...but that had nothing to do with the Varsity game. Talk about childish...How childish is it to stand up in your cheering section and have the balls to yell things like "Johnny Fartin'" and "RACISTS". I mean come on. There is not one player from Allen Central who gives a damn about your race. I know for a fact that half of them have friends from outside their race. Where was Prestonsburg's Principal in all this, if no one noticed...Allen Central's principal sat beside the student section during a DISTRICT GAME. She knew it would get heated, because Prestonsburg fans and supporters are RUDE and THINK THEY ARE GOD'S GIFT TO EVERYTHING. So...now that we have established that, lets get back on topic. Allen Central deserved this win, they are the better team, and they showed that last night. Don't blame the refs, they are this bad at every game...but unlike at Prestonsburg, we don't PAY THEM OFF! GO AC! Keep it up!

JEZZ assister, "PAY THEM OFF"? you gotta be all of what? 12? I know alot crap gets thrown around in here but you just filled the pot over half way. Congrats Rebs on the win. Keep focused on your goal. Blackcats you still gotta be more consistant and play four quarters. As for student sections? Nearly every school I have every watched a game at, the student section sometime during the game will chant something that offends someone. As many AC games that I have attended, I've seen students and adults in the crowd that have acted really childish during and after games, and acted to use your words assister "RUDE and THINK THEY ARE GOD'S GIFT TO EVERYTHING. But you may see one or two that act that way out of the hundreds that may have been at the game to watch their team play. DON'T PUT EVERYONE IN THE SAME BASKET JUST BECAUSE OF ONE OR TWO UPITY APPLES. I don't care what school they support. You know people that live in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks.
:flame:
assister Wrote:I agree with you "hornetfan", Prestonsburg fans were way out of line last night. Yes, Robbie and the Crowder boys may have done stupid things in the JV game...but that had nothing to do with the Varsity game. Talk about childish...How childish is it to stand up in your cheering section and have the balls to yell things like "Johnny Fartin'" and "RACISTS". I mean come on. There is not one player from Allen Central who gives a damn about your race. I know for a fact that half of them have friends from outside their race. Where was Prestonsburg's Principal in all this, if no one noticed...Allen Central's principal sat beside the student section during a DISTRICT GAME. She knew it would get heated, because Prestonsburg fans and supporters are RUDE and THINK THEY ARE GOD'S GIFT TO EVERYTHING. So...now that we have established that, lets get back on topic. Allen Central deserved this win, they are the better team, and they showed that last night. Don't blame the refs, they are this bad at every game...but unlike at Prestonsburg, we don't PAY THEM OFF! GO AC! Keep it up!

Yes we all think that we are demigods because we sit in the Blackcat student section. How dare you make fun of anyone superior to you.

Just kidding. Very mature for you to put all the blackcat fans in one bag.
The thread has been taken off topic with all of the trash talking. If you would like to discuss the game feel free to start another thread and keep it ON TOPIC.

This thread is closed.