Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry and Pulaski Co.
We all know why Hines doesn't want that game.
Forever Maroon Wrote:2017 AT Collins, 2018 HOME vs Collins

HAHA
So it is too long for a drive to go to Belfry, but not to go to Shelbyville?

Somerset to Belfry: 3 hours, 8 minutes, 173 miles
Somerset to Shelbyville: 3 hour 30 minutes, 227 miles

Hines will never play Belfry. If you won't take them on after they graduate this Senior Class, he won't ever take a shot at them or Johnson Central.
It's odd to me that the year Belfry wants to talk smack and finally play PC is the same year many PC folks project the team to be "down" by normal standards. I would have wanted to see it 4 to 6 years ago because Belfry was Belfry and PC wasn't yet PC. This series is about a year or two past it's prime. PC has zero to gain by playing Belfry now. Pointless conversation to have in my opinion.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA

Hines will never play Belfry. If you won't take them on after they graduate this Senior Class, he won't ever take a shot at them or Johnson Central.

Are you circling the state of Kentucky twice? It's about 100 miles from Somerset to Shelbyville. Under a 2 hour trip. Pulaski also lost a very stout senior class.
Redneck Wrote:Belfry doesn't have to go get players from WV. Players come because they want to play for the one of the best/top coaches in KY history. A godly man who teaches his players to become men. Haywood or Kinder, that's an easy choice.
Teaches them to become men or teaches them to cut corners? So you'really saying players come to Belfry? Lmao..yeah. right bud. Your coach."encourages" them to come and your boosters take care of the rest. Your championships are ill gotten and tainted.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:[quote=Escalade]

Im not exactly sure what kind of a football hotbed everyone thinks Williamson/Matewan is, but do you really think a tiny county like Mingo can produce enough athletes to win the Ky AAA and the WV AA state championships. The "players from WV" argument is senseless seeing as how the team we "steal" from is a power in their own right. Look it up, Mingo Central went 14-0 and no one really came within 20 points of them.
They come from somewhere other than Belfry. Your little town isn't exactly a destination for African American families. Just sayin'.
Escalade Wrote:[quote=99PIRATEFAN]
I'm not even from Kentucky, just recently moved here from Hampton, Virginia but I have several friends who are from your area and it's common knowledge Belfry plucks the West Virginia kids. I noticed you didn't deny it. Cheaters.

Yea I deny it I'm just tired of try to tell idiots like you what kind of program we have the only thing I say anymore I played there I lived at Belfry all my life my son is a Jr. He has started for three years he has lived at Belfry all his life so does 98 percent of our team we have a couple but they played middle school at Belfry people like talk crap because you don't know any better so I don't let it get under my skin anymore
Forever Maroon Wrote:All this "step up" talk is funny. Pulaski already has a 10 game schedule for 2017 and 2018. Last I looked, you only get 10 in a regular season. Home and home with Collins was added this past week.

Well coach said he called them a week or so ago so they probably fill the spot since then
jumperdogpete Wrote:[quote=99PIRATEFAN] Well I'm not and you cant tell me you have 4 D 1 linemen running around your little town_PLEASE!!!!

First of all I don't have to tell you anything second we're good enough if we were cheating we would have got in trouble a long time ago so if you think were cheating send khsaa our way
No need to talk about this anymore Forever Maroon said they filled the spot
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA

Your estimated time from Somerset to Shelbyville is actually the time from Belfry to Shelbyville. Somerset to Shelbyville is under 2 hours.
Pulaski never had an opening just the Belfry people getting things started. Even if they did have an opening why would PC play them. Spend 1 week of you season preparing your team against an offense that you won't see the rest of the season. No Thanks. No benefit for PC. All benefit for Belfry to play against a spread team.
Escalade Wrote:[quote=PondCreekToWestwood]
They come from somewhere other than Belfry. Your little town isn't exactly a destination for African American families. Just sayin'.

Well the "little town" my kids go to school in is Huntington, WV. I'll be sure to let everyone in their school know we are a white only town, per your records. But if you are referencing where I grew up that is also funny because several of the minority players I played with lived further up Pond Creek than I did back then.
I keep hoping someone from Kentucky will steal a pig from someone from west Virginia. Then maybe a feud will get started and WV kids will stay in WV and KY kids in KY.
Escalade Wrote:They come from somewhere other than Belfry. Your little town isn't exactly a destination for African American families. Just sayin'.

... and on January 12th we have the dumbest post of the year award already covered

Seriously... this is the most absurd thing I have seen in a long time.

You think West Virginia is dripping with a large African American population? HAHAHAHA

It would break your little racist heart to know that the vast majority of African American players from Belfry over the years have been kids who grew up in the Belfry district

I bet you even think Taveon Hunter, Jacob Baisden, and the Birchfield kid that will be on next year's team were "recruited" as well I bet because they are black.
I think Belfry's program doesn't have to recruit to get kids to play for them. If I lived in the area that's were my kid would be going to school. Sometimes the name on a program does all the recruiting they will ever need. With that being said I did have get to enjoy the state games down in Bowling Green and I have to say that I was a little shocked in how many cars had West Virginia tags and also said "Go Belfry" "Take, State" "Go #..." I just want to state again that I don't think they recruit, I think the program and winning State Championships is why these kids move in.
Tell awwww PC to travel about 30 minutes down south...
Escalade Wrote:Teaches them to become men or teaches them to cut corners? So you'really saying players come to Belfry? Lmao..yeah. right bud. Your coach."encourages" them to come and your boosters take care of the rest. Your championships are ill gotten and tainted.

He's not my coach and Belfry is not my team. I played in an all-star game with some boys from Belfry after my senior year, and played with a few Belfry boys in college. I would have loved to have played for him. Maybe someone can send you a copy of Haywood's book "FAITH, Family, Football" it's a great read
Kywarrior14 Wrote:I think Belfry's program doesn't have to recruit to get kids to play for them. If I lived in the area that's were my kid would be going to school. Sometimes the name on a program does all the recruiting they will ever need. With that being said I did have get to enjoy the state games down in Bowling Green and I have to say that I was a little shocked in how many cars had West Virginia tags and also said "Go Belfry" "Take, State" "Go #..." I just want to state again that I don't think they recruit, I think the program and winning State Championships is why these kids move in.

Well said. I agree 100% with that statement. Same can be said for Bowling Green.
FordsFanatics Wrote:Tell awwww PC to travel about 30 minutes down south...

On Fridays when games are played, Somerset is invaded by the Ohio Navy. So a 30 minute drive south in that traffic would put them in Burnside.:biglmao:
30 minutes is to far for the maroons to travel, for a running clock after the first quarter type game. We could just scrimmage our middle school team and get the same benefit without using any diesel. # 4 time state finalist
Kywarrior14 Wrote:I think Belfry's program doesn't have to recruit to get kids to play for them. If I lived in the area that's were my kid would be going to school. Sometimes the name on a program does all the recruiting they will ever need. With that being said I did have get to enjoy the state games down in Bowling Green and I have to say that I was a little shocked in how many cars had West Virginia tags and also said "Go Belfry" "Take, State" "Go #..." I just want to state again that I don't think they recruit, I think the program and winning State Championships is why these kids move in.

Well my son has lived and played here his whole live he's a Jr and has started all three years at Belfry his mother is from WV after we got married we moved to Belfry half the people that came to watch my son play was from across the river his grandfather his aunts cousins and this is just one Ky boy so why would seeing WV cars at our games shock you evidently you all don't understand our area it's separated by a small river we have more kids from WV that just go to school there than than plays any sports
I just looked it up PC and BELFRY had played three times the first was in 1996 Belfry won
41 to 0 and in 1997 Belfry won 25 to 0 and again in 1998 Belfry won 34 to 20 that's the only times the two teams have ever played with Belfry winning all three meetings by the combined scores 100 to 20
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Well my son has lived and played here his whole live he's a Jr and has started all three years at Belfry his mother is from WV after we got married we moved to Belfry half the people that came to watch my son play was from across the river his grandfather his aunts cousins and this is just one Ky boy so why would seeing WV cars at our games shock you evidently you all don't understand our area it's separated by a small river we have more kids from WV that just go to school there than than plays any sports
Lmao. Dude just admit it. Your school RECRUITS. And not all WVa. players are BONA FIDE residents in Ky. Your son got titles that are tainted. Bet you'really proud of yourself aren't ya? Cheaters.
Escalade Wrote:Lmao. Dude just admit it. Your school RECRUITS. And not all WVa. players are BONA FIDE residents in Ky. Your son got titles that are tainted. Bet you'really proud of yourself aren't ya? Cheaters.

Yes we are proud of our boys and our team
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I just looked it up PC and BELFRY had played three times the first was in 1996 Belfry won
41 to 0 and in 1997 Belfry won 25 to 0 and again in 1998 Belfry won 34 to 20 that's the only times the two teams have ever played with Belfry winning all three meetings by the combined scores 100 to 20

PC's program is A lot better now than it was 20 years ago. I would guess at least two out of three of those games was when PC was a 4 seed and Belfry a 1 in the playoffs. Maybe all 3.
I find all the recruiting accusations rich considering about half of the senior class that graduated with Riley Hall, played middle school ball at meece. It is no coincidence that the decline of somerset and southwestern have coincided with the rise of Pulaski county. Here is the thing, I don't think either team is cheating. It's just not a good idea to throw stones when you live in a glass house.
Willie Turnover Wrote:PC's program is A lot better now than it was 20 years ago. I would guess at least two out of three of those games was when PC was a 4 seed and Belfry a 1 in the playoffs. Maybe all 3.

I don't know what seeds they were I was just looking at if we ever played PC and I seen where we played them I can remember playing them but couldn't remember anything about the game
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I find all the recruiting accusations rich considering about half of the senior class that graduated with Riley Hall, played middle school ball at meece. It is no coincidence that the decline of somerset and southwestern have coincided with the rise of Pulaski county. Here is the thing, I don't think either team is cheating. It's just not a good idea to throw stones when you live in a glass house.
Tyler Baugh
Rickey Maxey
Jaylon Conwell
Daniel Mink
Cullen Cox
Jackson Mobley
Cody Daniel
Jaxon Morgan
Jacob New
Clayton Purvis
Trevor Ridner
Dylan Hopkins
Jake Johnson
Please, pick out ANY of these players that came in from another school
These are the 13 seniors from Pulaski County
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I find all the recruiting accusations rich considering about half of the senior class that graduated with Riley Hall, played middle school ball at meece. It is no coincidence that the decline of somerset and southwestern have coincided with the rise of Pulaski county. Here is the thing, I don't think either team is cheating. It's just not a good idea to throw stones when you live in a glass house.

I'd like to know who contributed for PC that played middle school ball at Meece. Then I'll tell you how many have played middle school ball at Northern and ended up at Somerset or Southwestern. Southwestern hasn't declined at all. They've actually improved under Coach French's tenure. Somerset won't be relevant in 2A again until they clean house. They're past their prime and need a rejuvenation. I could tell you some very nice Corbin recruiting stories, but I'll plea the fifth. :popcorn: