Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry kids ruled eligible
zaga_fan Wrote:When I was in school, Perry and Hazard had teams full of local kids and they were dominant. But it's just like the late Bobby Keith said, if you're winning, kids want to come play for you.

Sometimes that helps with talent, but you can see with Cordia, Perry and JBS that the team more talented isn't always better. Those kids at Buckhorn weren't the most talented kids, but they were really good and played together their whole lives. That goes a long way.

Hatcher didn't drive up to New York and pick up Jaysean Paige like people think. They hadn't heard of the kid until the day he showed up at Perry. BB King didn't go over to East Ridge and make them fire Raymond Justice so they could pick up Raymond and Camron in a package deal. If Elisha Justice was still at JBS, we wouldn't be having this conversation because these kids would have stayed there.

These families went to somewhere that could get them where they wanted to go.

Basketball around here sure is a lot more complicated than it used to be, but teams in the 14th can look at Buckhorn for the example of how to put your head down and handle business.

I miss the passion that used to be in these kids when it came time for Hazard vs Perry. Maybe we'll get back there soon.
On the Paige situation, Hatcher himself did not, but an assistant to him did.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:And you are obviously a salty guardian who is housing a kid that couldn't make it where he was before...

Hilarious because I don't even have a kid... I just know the game & I know how politics work in athletics at this level.
Megget Wrote:Obviously you're a salty parent whose kid will be riding the bench....
Obviously I have no kids playing fool. You said perrys kids were from different areas. What are you talking about. All their kids are from Perry co with the exception of Tobler. Is that complicated b
Paparazzi Wrote:Obviously I have no kids playing fool. You said perrys kids were from different areas. What are you talking about. All their kids are from Perry co with the exception of Tobler. Is that complicated b

Yes different areas, meaning they are a combination of different area schools. Combined high school. Clearly you're an idiot for assuming what I meant. The boys have not always played together. And it's clear that transfers aren't welcomed at Perry whatever the circumstances may be. Kids beware. Perry parents aren't in it for winning and competition.

You truly are stupid for speaking to me this way. A redneck with 0 potential who raises children who expect everything handed to them.
Great kids and so glad they are playing. Good luck young men! !!
Paparazzi and Huggy Bear voted for Hillary
Didn't buckhorn have a transfer from Wolfe county last year? And if u want to get technical all players who played at chavies should have went to perry and Raymond justice could have went to a number of schools and been a head coach but knott paid him more to be an assistant than he would have made anywhere else being a head coach
No transfer from Wolfe at Buckhorn last year. And technically chavies is a feeder for both Perry county schools.
Paige tried to enroll at a school in West Virginia and was denied ! If my memory is correct it was at a school Hatchers relative coached at so then they tried Perry which he was hand delivered to them to try enroll in our state and was allowed to ! 14 region has become the DIRTIEST REGION IN THE STATE ! THANK YOU CORDIA AND PERRY!
Does the 2 new Perry players still live in letcher County with the 2 dirty handlers! Everyone I assume knows of their scandal at LCC !
Also forgot to add June Buchanan to the dirty list but after coaching change and administration cleaned up somewhat! See above!
14th region should be changed to international or global region! Dirty,if I'm a parent at 1 of these schools and my son being benched for these illegal players I would encourage you to blow the whistle if you have any information of wrong doing such as false address or po. box or even apartment being provided by booster or someone associated with a school! You can do this anonymously with the KHSAA ! Enough is enough and it is about putting the kids 1st especially the ones getting screwed!
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Paige tried to enroll at a school in West Virginia and was denied ! If my memory is correct it was at a school Hatchers relative coached at so then they tried Perry which he was hand delivered to them to try enroll in our state and was allowed to ! 14 region has become the DIRTIEST REGION IN THE STATE ! THANK YOU CORDIA AND PERRY!
Get over yourself. You may as well add Hazard Knott Breathit and Letcher to your list. Every school that is decent at sports gets transfers in one sport or another. If a kid can't beat out a transfer for playing time that is on them.
touchdownkentucky Wrote:14th region should be changed to international or global region! Dirty,if I'm a parent at 1 of these schools and my son being benched for these illegal players I would encourage you to blow the whistle if you have any information of wrong doing such as false address or po. box or even apartment being provided by booster or someone associated with a school! You can do this anonymously with the KHSAA ! Enough is enough and it is about putting the kids 1st especially the ones getting screwed!

No kid should be given anything at any level. They should earn the spot. If joe blow transfers anywhere in the world for whatever reason then why should he not be allowed to play if hes the better player and better for the team? Little johnny being born in a certian place is entitled to that districts hs starting lineup? No thanks.
I encourage you to encourage your kid to get in the gym before or after practice. Get in better shape, work on whatever it is he needs work on. The coach will see if hes improving and a help to the team. If not then on the bench or on the bleachers is where he deserves to be.
Touchdown , you may want to know the KHSAA regs before you make a post. Straight from KHSAA complaint procedure.

“Anonymous letters sent to the KHSAA shall be forwarded to the school administrator of the school in question by the KHSAA Commissioner, with no further action to be taken unless a violation is reported.

Anonymous callers shall be informed that the KHSAA staff has no authority to act upon anonymous complaints.
touchdownkentucky Wrote:14th region should be changed to international or global region! Dirty,if I'm a parent at 1 of these schools and my son being benched for these illegal players I would encourage you to blow the whistle if you have any information of wrong doing such as false address or po. box or even apartment being provided by booster or someone associated with a school! You can do this anonymously with the KHSAA ! Enough is enough and it is about putting the kids 1st especially the ones getting screwed!

If you're who I think you are, your kid needs to stick to football anyway.
Quit crying touchdown and get over it
stripedofficial Wrote:No kid should be given anything at any level. They should earn the spot. If joe blow transfers anywhere in the world for whatever reason then why should he not be allowed to play if hes the better player and better for the team? Little johnny being born in a certian place is entitled to that districts hs starting lineup? No thanks.
I encourage you to encourage your kid to get in the gym before or after practice. Get in better shape, work on whatever it is he needs work on. The coach will see if hes improving and a help to the team. If not then on the bench or on the bleachers is where he deserves to be.

It's kind of hard to work on being 6-7, which is what it comes down to in this case.
It was wrong when Cordia did it, and it's still not what high school sports should be about.
Politics don't bother touchdown when he uses it to get that cushy job at the school system, but it's just not enough pull to move who he wants into the starting lineup. I know his bunch that hides behind their religion then pulls the dirty tricks and back biting to tear good peopledown.. The handlers as you call them are fine people who took these kids in and supported them when nobody else would and now they are family basketball or not. You ask are they from Letcher No. Do you think they would buy a 300,000 home just to play basketball at PCC? I know you and you don't care about the team unless your family can run things and make who you want the star. Just keep running your jaw and we'll air some of your dirty laundry on here
HCS Wrote:It's kind of hard to work on being 6-7, which is what it comes down to in this case.
It was wrong when Cordia did it, and it's still not what high school sports should be about.

so the 6'7 kid has no talent or work ethic? Its just about his size?
stripedofficial Wrote:so the 6'7 kid has no talent or work ethic? Its just about his size?

I don't know them that well, but my guess is they don't have more talent than the Perry kids they are replacing. My guess is if they were 6-1 the Perry kids would be playing ahead of them. I could be wrong though. What do you think?
HCS Wrote:I don't know them that well, but my guess is they don't have more talent than the Perry kids they are replacing. My guess is if they were 6-1 the Perry kids would be playing ahead of them. I could be wrong though. What do you think?

I know in this area or even the state a 6-7 average kid has a great deal better chance playing than a 5-10 average kid. Heck 6-1 is tall for SE KY high school players.
footballfever Wrote:I know in this area or even the state a 6-7 average kid has a great deal better chance playing than a 5-10 average kid. Heck 6-1 is tall for SE KY high school players.

So you two take your kid somewhere where there's all kids under 6 ft. Maybe they would be good enough to get playing time on that team.
HCS Wrote:I don't know them that well, but my guess is they don't have more talent than the Perry kids they are replacing. My guess is if they were 6-1 the Perry kids would be playing ahead of them. I could be wrong though. What do you think?

There have been plenty of 7 footers not play in the nba. You would think because they are 7 foot the nba coaches would automatically start them under your logic.
footballfever Wrote:I know in this area or even the state a 6-7 average kid has a great deal better chance playing than a 5-10 average kid. Heck 6-1 is tall for SE KY high school players.

If your kid was good enough, I promise Perry would be doing everything in their power to keep him happy and playing.
It seems like hes not. So tell him to keep working to get better or transfer. Because all the tall kids are now eligible, I dont see them going anywhere soon.
You lost me at So!!! :popcorn:
Amen, get tired of hearing how kids should get to play just because they show up during season and that's the only time they touch a ball when you got kids who work year around and devote their whole life to being good at something. Thats what giving everyone a trophy in little leaguegets you, a bunch of parents who demands their kids play no matter if they help win or not. Need to be more about the team than individuals and these people whining about transfers are people whose kid got benched or lost PT. GET IN THE GYM AND WORK IF YOU WANNA PLAY
Perry has a very good coach and he wants to win so he will do the right thing and play the kids that will give his team the best chance to win. This is his job and if he don't win he will be looking for a job and everyone needs to leave him alone and let him do his job. If you don't like this take your kid to a school where they give participation trophies. Perry wants to win! !!!!!
No one wants participation trophhies. They want the Local Kids that are loyal to the program and school there shot at PT instead of each year we have a Transfer or two. I rather get beat with kids from my school thats put there time in and stuck it out through thick and thin, Instead of saying we had the best players and best team each year and lose. When you do lose it dont look as bad on you as a coach and you can say we played our kids.
stripedofficial Wrote:There have been plenty of 7 footers not play in the nba. You would think because they are 7 foot the nba coaches would automatically start them under your logic.

I didn't say anything about the NBA or 7-footers.
I asked if the new guys are really better because they worked harder as you said or just taller. You didn't answer.