Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry kids ruled eligible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
You're welcome.
Wow. I honestly didn't think they would be. Glad to see they are though. That makes things interesting.
Which ones
The two from JBS
They'll need them after the Corbin blowout loss
I'd rather lose with my local kids. I hope the whole team quits.
Yep. Franklin County judge ruled in their favor today.
they will definitely help perry. defense and rebounding
Paparazzi Wrote:I'd rather lose with my local kids. I hope the whole team quits.

Unfortunately for you that isn't happening as the team is made up of children from different areas...

If those boys happen to be better than others, maybe they should get in the gym and WORK to be better. Rather than having it given to them
I agree with Megget... The Commodores just got a lot better.
Megget Wrote:Unfortunately for you that isn't happening as the team is made up of children from different areas...

If those boys happen to be better than others, maybe they should get in the gym and WORK to be better. Rather than having it given to them

Lol. You can't get in the gym and get 6'8". But from what I was told, they wasn't ruled eligible, the judge just granted them a injunction until the khsaa finally rules one way or the other for good. (which will be after the season and won't matter anymore.)
Im glad to hear those kids get to play their senior year .Id say they have been mislead from the start .Congrats to Perry !! But ..than again i feel sorry for those kids from perry that has been doing so good.In my opinion they will be representing the 14TH region this season in the sweet 16 . Best of luck! ! .See you guys at RUPP . Perry is long over due ..
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Lol. You can't get in the gym and get 6'8". But from what I was told, they wasn't ruled eligible, the judge just granted them a injunction until the khsaa finally rules one way or the other for good. (which will be after the season and won't matter anymore.)

Being 6'8" doesn't matter...skill is what matters. IF those boys deserve to play because of the work they put in, the others can't complain. Get in the gym -IF- they want to win, gotta put the best 5 on the floor. Bottom line
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Lol. You can't get in the gym and get 6'8". But from what I was told, they wasn't ruled eligible, the judge just granted them a injunction until the khsaa finally rules one way or the other for good. (which will be after the season and won't matter anymore.)

A restraining order now prevents the KHSAA from ruling them ineligible and they'll figure it out in court. But they were essentially ruled eligible by a judge instead of the KHSAA.
Those boys played 3 years and then told their paper work was not right. How do you penalize a kid because JBS didn't do what was needed. I have met both of them and you couldn't ask for any nicer kids. At some point we need to stop worrying about everything except what's good for kids
Glad they got eligible. Perry still won't win region.
Are the eligible to play
I was told someone paid 10k each for them to play!!!
Megget Wrote:Unfortunately for you that isn't happening as the team is made up of children from different areas...

Perry only has one kid that did not attend Perry co grade schools. That is Tobler and he has played all four years there. Obviously you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
I hope pcc finally has enough players to get back to the Sweet Sixteen! Its been 6 long years and thousands of dollars spent for lawyers and trips to Lexington and Frankfort. Maybe next year the local boys will get to play. Sorry, Woolum, Neace, Caudill, Caudill,etc. there's always next year!!!
I feel for the kids that have play already and thought they get more PT the rest of the year this is to show you it dont matter how loyall you are to your school or program to win at all cost. You would figure that Perry would have learned recruiting has not been in there favor. Paige Johnson and now the kids from JBS. Its the same each year who they going to bring in next year???
hoghead Wrote:I feel for the kids that have play already and thought they get more PT the rest of the year this is to show you it dont matter how loyall you are to your school or program to win at all cost. You would figure that Perry would have learned recruiting has not been in there favor. Paige Johnson and now the kids from JBS. Its the same each year who they going to bring in next year???

You can't argue that transfers (not recruiting) haven't done them many favors over the last few years, but there hasn't been a team to win the 14th without a transfer (other than Buckhorn) in who knows how long.

Heck, Buckhorn may have had a transfer too.
Are you saying all these kids just wanted to come to Perry or Knott? NO WAY!! We all know were Paige come from and how he got here Johnson also and Justice at Knott everyone know how they got there! To say they just wanted to play at these 2 schools NO WAY! I dont buy that.
Zero region titles since they started recruiting outside of the state.

In my opinion, Perry county produces the best basketball players on average year in and year out. Why not just win with them?
zaga_fan Wrote:You can't argue that transfers (not recruiting) haven't done them many favors over the last few years, but there hasn't been a team to win the 14th without a transfer (other than Buckhorn) in who knows how long.

Heck, Buckhorn may have had a transfer too.

No transfers on last year's Buckhorn team.
this bumps perry to head and shoulders above the rest of the 14th imo. Tobler can be the primary ball handler with out worry of missing his rebounding in the paint with the two bigs now inside.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Zero region titles since they started recruiting outside of the state.

In my opinion, Perry county produces the best basketball players on average year in and year out. Why not just win with them?

What say you Zaga?
Huggy_Bear Wrote:What say you Zaga?

When I was in school, Perry and Hazard had teams full of local kids and they were dominant. But it's just like the late Bobby Keith said, if you're winning, kids want to come play for you.

Sometimes that helps with talent, but you can see with Cordia, Perry and JBS that the team more talented isn't always better. Those kids at Buckhorn weren't the most talented kids, but they were really good and played together their whole lives. That goes a long way.

Hatcher didn't drive up to New York and pick up Jaysean Paige like people think. They hadn't heard of the kid until the day he showed up at Perry. BB King didn't go over to East Ridge and make them fire Raymond Justice so they could pick up Raymond and Camron in a package deal. If Elisha Justice was still at JBS, we wouldn't be having this conversation because these kids would have stayed there.

These families went to somewhere that could get them where they wanted to go.

Basketball around here sure is a lot more complicated than it used to be, but teams in the 14th can look at Buckhorn for the example of how to put your head down and handle business.

I miss the passion that used to be in these kids when it came time for Hazard vs Perry. Maybe we'll get back there soon.
Paparazzi Wrote:Perry only has one kid that did not attend Perry co grade schools. That is Tobler and he has played all four years there. Obviously you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Obviously you're a salty parent whose kid will be riding the bench....
Paparazzi Wrote:Perry only has one kid that did not attend Perry co grade schools. That is Tobler and he has played all four years there. Obviously you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Lol., who in the region, would Tobler not make at least competitive in the region ?
Where did the JBS boys go to elementary and middle school ?
Megget Wrote:Obviously you're a salty parent whose kid will be riding the bench....

And you are obviously a salty guardian who is housing a kid that couldn't make it where he was before...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6