Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Top 10 4A
Sleeper team is Franklin County. Has always been good in 5A. Started strong last year and fell flat on their face. Will they bounce back or another rebuilding year for them?
Tommy2tone Wrote:Sleeper team is Franklin County. Has always been good in 5A. Started strong last year and fell flat on their face. Will they bounce back or another rebuilding year for them?

They definitely had some talent. Problem is they are in a tough district. Like last year, a good team will end up the #4 seed in that district. That will mean a quick exit in the playoffs.
hoss403 Wrote:They definitely had some talent. Problem is they are in a tough district. Like last year, a good team will end up the #4 seed in that district. That will mean a quick exit in the playoffs.
Hoss you saying that cause 4th will have to play at JH round 1?
Now you know I will say district 4 4th place can beat you...
Tommy2tone Wrote:Hoss you saying that cause 4th will have to play at JH round 1?

That is what I was saying. Different JH team this year than the last two years. Should be back to the old John Hardin for the next few years.
Should be a great couple of fun banter years for us.
hoss403 Wrote:That is what I was saying. Different JH team this year than the last two years. Should be back to the old John Hardin for the next few years.

I don't know about for the next few, but maybe for the next couple of years....even still, I think next year is the best bet for John to make a move.

I think they will be better than they were last year.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Hoss you saying that cause 4th will have to play at JH round 1?

Several thought that last year as well, and it was a running clock for a bit over a dang solid Franklin County squad.......
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I don't know about for the next few, but maybe for the next couple of years....even still, I think next year is the best bet for John to make a move.

I think they will be better than they were last year.

Next two years for sure. Not sure after that. As I have said, they may struggle a bit early, but by the end of the year they should be rolling.
I see BG and PRP on schedule, who else you got?
Tommy2tone Wrote:I see BG and PRP on schedule, who else you got?

Central Hardin. PRP returns the farm. BG...well......
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Central Hardin. PRP returns the farm. BG...well......

I don't think they will beat BG, especially since it's the first game of the season. I do think they have the athletes to make it competitive. PRP will be tough. Those are the only two games they could lose this year. Central Hardin, North Hardin, Warren Central, Meade County and Christian County will not beat John Hardin this year.
hoss403 Wrote:I don't think they will beat BG, especially since it's the first game of the season. I do think they have the athletes to make it competitive. PRP will be tough. Those are the only two games they could lose this year. Central Hardin, North Hardin, Warren Central, Meade County and Christian County will not beat John Hardin this year.

I think Christian will be a very tough game..especially since John has to make the drive down there this year. Last year, both teams struggled stopping the other...obviously two very different styles and both very effective. John as I'm sure you remember came up with two, big Christian County turnovers that IMO were the difference in the game. But....two squads like that...who gets the break(s) in the game
is usually the determining factor.

I think BG will be way too much myself. Then again, BG is that for all outside of MAYBE a handful of teams.

John's biggest losses are in the LB and secondary areas. They graduated all of their secondary from last year, and arguably their best LB (Nikko Lloyd) moved back to Virginia.

Upfront on both sides they should be very solid, as well as in the backfield where they return everybody except for their QB. They aren't overly big upfront on either side of the ball, but a very, very active group with good motors...good hands/feet.
The east will run through Johnson Central and the west will run through South Warren
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I think Christian will be a very tough game..especially since John has to make the drive down there this year. Last year, both teams struggled stopping the other...obviously two very different styles and both very effective. John as I'm sure you remember came up with two, big Christian County turnovers that IMO were the difference in the game. But....two squads like that...who gets the break(s) in the game
is usually the determining factor.

I think BG will be way too much myself. Then again, BG is that for all outside of MAYBE a handful of teams.

John's biggest losses are in the LB and secondary areas. They graduated all of their secondary from last year, and arguably their best LB (Nikko Lloyd) moved back to Virginia.

Upfront on both sides they should be very solid, as well as in the backfield where they return everybody except for their QB. They aren't overly big upfront on either side of the ball, but a very, very active group with good motors...good hands/feet.

I have heard that several kids have moved this year. Not sure how accurate that is but that is life in the military. They did lose their secondary, but if they put Witherspoon back there along with Smalling I think they will be ok. I just want Witherspoon to take football seriously and stay out of trouble this year because he is a freakish athlete. I think by the end of the year he will be an outstanding QB for the team also.
hoss403 Wrote:I have heard that several kids have moved this year. Not sure how accurate that is but that is life in the military. They did lose their secondary, but if they put Witherspoon back there along with Smalling I think they will be ok. I just want Witherspoon to take football seriously and stay out of trouble this year because he is a freakish athlete. I think by the end of the year he will be an outstanding QB for the team also.

Football is his ticket for sure. But, this is Kentucky (unfortunately in the following regard) and most all kids think basketball is. Going out on a hunch here, but I won't be shocked to see him play WR and in the secondary. Lloyd and a couple others moved due to military reasons, but in return they had a young man move in from Ohio that could take the QB spot....very solid athlete. If Witherspoon comes out (he wasn't around in June at all due to team basketball and other AAU team(s) ) I think you will see him split out and at FS. But, you never know.

Smalling is a heck of an athlete as well. He went to an Ohio State camp and did really well in his 40 and pro shuttles.

On a side note...I love what John Hardin (Delaware Wing T), Johnson Central (Wishbone), Franklin-Simpson (Wing T), Spencer County (Delaware Wing T), Wayne County (they were in the wishbone most of the time the last two years), Knox Central (all things 21, 22, 31, 32 personell), Scott (single wing), Shelby County (pistol flexbone triple) and even South Warren (heavy 12 personell and 11) do. In a day and age where if you aren't in the 4 and 5 wide all the time slinging it all over the yard, or have a TE or two TE's...then you aren't cool (and, your coaches are incompetent fools)...these programs are the best of the best in their class.

4A is definitely the home of well played, throw back football.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Football is his ticket for sure. But, this is Kentucky (unfortunately in the following regard) and most all kids think basketball is. Going out on a hunch here, but I won't be shocked to see him play WR and in the secondary. Lloyd and a couple others moved due to military reasons, but in return they had a young man move in from Ohio that could take the QB spot....very solid athlete. If Witherspoon comes out (he wasn't around in June at all due to team basketball and other AAU team(s) ) I think you will see him split out and at FS. But, you never know.

Smalling is a heck of an athlete as well. He went to an Ohio State camp and did really well in his 40 and pro shuttles.

On a side note...I love what John Hardin (Delaware Wing T), Johnson Central (Wishbone), Franklin-Simpson (Wing T), Spencer County (Delaware Wing T), Wayne County (they were in the wishbone most of the time the last two years), Knox Central (all things 21, 22, 31, 32 personell), Scott (single wing), Shelby County (pistol flexbone triple) and even South Warren (heavy 12 personell and 11) do. In a day and age where if you aren't in the 4 and 5 wide all the time slinging it all over the yard, or have a TE or two TE's...then you aren't cool (and, your coaches are incompetent fools)...these programs are the best of the best in their class.

4A is definitely the home of well played, throw back football.

Basketball is definitely his first love, along with many other athletes from JH. What is the kid's name from Ohio? That is good news if this kid is an athlete who can also throw the ball. Witherspoon would be a big threat at WR. I still think they can give BG a game, but we will see.
How good will John Hardin be this year?
Iron Horse Wrote:How good will John Hardin be this year?

They should be very good

But they were also expected to be a Top 3 team last year and challenge South Warren and that never happened.

They have the raw talent to win the State, but talent doesn't assure anything except for higher expectations to be met.
Don't sleep on Spencer County, either. Anybody thinking they were a one hit wonder last year will he sadly mistaken.

John will be tough. Last year they played what proved to be a Top 5 or so overall team in the state in South Warren out of the gates...a team that nobody, no matter the class on their schedule could compete with.

John also plays a PRP team that returns everybody. They were Top 10 6A last year and will he all that and then some. I think they will get by Central Hardin this year, and then they also have to go to Christian County this year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They should be very good

But they were also expected to be a Top 3 team last year and challenge South Warren and that never happened.

They have the raw talent to win the State, but talent doesn't assure anything except for higher expectations to be met.

I think most people that follow John Hardin knew they were a bit down last year. Smallest and least talented senior class in years. A lot of their success depended on underclassmen (with a few seniors). I think they may lose two games this year (BG and PRP), but most teams in the state would lose to those two teams. I think by the end of the year they will be flat out scary.
[quote=hoss403]I think most people that follow John Hardin knew they were a bit down last year. Smallest and least talented senior class in years. A lot of their success depended on underclassmen (with a few seniors). I think they may lose two games this year (BG and PRP), but most teams in the state would lose to those two teams. I think by the end of the year they will be flat out scary.[/QUOTE

John Hardin has always played Bowling Green tough. Both have very good teams this year. JH is usually battle tested by the end of the sesson and ready for the playoffs. I think they will give South Warren all the want in the playoffs. This should be one of the better Purple teams. They are loaded. Good luck to JH this year.
1. South Warren
2. Johnson Central
3. Wayne County
4. Shelby County
5. Scott
6. John Hardin
7. Knox Central
8. Franklin-Simpson
9. Collins
10. Hopkinsville
1. South
2. JC
3. Shelby
4. John
5. Knox Central

And I think 6-10 could be just about anybody. Also, I'm surprised no one has even mentioned Taylor County. Most people on here seem to be huge Dudley fans, and I figured going into his second full season would bring the fans out.
I think JC can close the gap with the hard schedule they have this year I think it will get them ready for a championship run
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I think JC can close the gap with the hard schedule they have this year I think it will get them ready for a championship run

It might help them get there, but it's not beating SW.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:It might help them get there, but it's not beating SW.

I think the state champion comes out of the west. I think it will be either SW or JH.
A lot of people are not giving JC a chance to win if they make it back to the championship game. Let's remember JC had 3 or 4 key players that were playing injuried in the playoffs and the championship game. They were very limited defensively and offensively. I am not saying that a healthy JC would have won last year because SW was very good. I am saying a healthy JC would have made it very interesting.
I think Franklin Simpson is a team that everyone is sleeping on. They have a ton of talent back on both sides of the ball.
Not sleeping g on them, top 5 I. My book