Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preseason Top 10 4A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are your top 10 4A teams going into 2016?
Toughest one to figure out.
1. South Warren
2. Johnson Central
3. Franklin-Simpson
4. Wayne County
5. Scott
6. Hopkinsville
7. Shelby County
8. Collins
9. John Hardin
10. Knox Central
1) South Warren
2) Johnson Central
3) Franklin-Simpson
4) Wayne County
5) Shelby County
6) John Hardin
7) Scott
8) Knox Central
9) Spencer County
10) Hopkinsville
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. South Warren
2. Johnson Central
3. Franklin-Simpson
4. Wayne County
5. Scott
6. Hopkinsville
7. Shelby County
8. Collins
9. John Hardin
10. Knox Central

Last year, South Warren wore us (JC) out in the 4A state finals.
But.... that game is in the past & it's a new season!!!!!

As Ric Flair would say "To be THE MAN, you have to beat THE MAN!!!"

JC saw what they needed to work on and what it is going to take to win the state football title. They have the coaches, they have the players.... all they have to do is put it all together.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:1) South Warren
2) Johnson Central
3) Franklin-Simpson
4) Wayne County
5) Shelby County
6) John Hardin
7) Scott
8) Knox Central
9) Spencer County
10) Hopkinsville

Looks pretty spot on to me.
1. South Warren
2. Johnson Central
3. Shelby County
4. Franklin Simpson
5. Wayne County
6. John Hardin
7. Spencer County
8. Hopkinsville
9. Scott
10. Knox Central ( I Really hope this is the team in the east. )Confusederiously:
^^
You and me both..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. South Warren
2. Johnson Central
3. Franklin-Simpson
4. Wayne County
5. Scott
6. Hopkinsville
7. Shelby County
8. Collins
9. John Hardin
10. Knox Central

This looks pretty good to me......I think Scott could be a little high. I think Franklin-Simpson has a chance to make a lot noise. Looking for big things out of Preston's troops this year.
1. South Warren
2. Franklin-Simpson
3. Scott
4. Johnson Central
5. Wayne County
6. John Hardin
7. Collins
8. Shelby County
9. Knox Central
10. Rockcastle County
1. South Warren
2. Johnson Central
3. Wayne County
4. Knox Central
5. John Hardin
6. Franklin Simpson
7. Shelby County
8. Rockcastle County
9. Spencer County
10. Collins
People have Wayne too high, Rock gave them all they wanted last year. Wayne lost quite a bit. Rock has everyone back. Don't sleep on Rock. Top 5 team in 4A.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:This looks pretty good to me......I think Scott could be a little high. I think Franklin-Simpson has a chance to make a lot noise. Looking for big things out of Preston's troops this year.
I really think you are right on FS. They are loaded with talent and great coaches.

1. South Warren
2. Franklin-Simpson
3. Johnson Central
4. John Hardin
5. Wayne County
6. Scott
7. Collins
8. Shelby County
9. Knox Central
10. Rockcastle County
1. South Warren
2. John Hardin
3. Franklin Simpson
4. Wayne County
5. Spencer County
6. Johnson Central
7. Scott
8. Collins
9. Mercer County
10. Rockcastle County
4a
1. South Warren
2. Johnson Central
3. Knox Central
4. Rockcastle
5.Wayne County
6.Mercer County
7. Franklin Simpson
8. Shelby County
9. John Hardin
10.Collins
It is amazing to me that the Rock/Knox/Wayne District has three teams in many Top 10's. Regardless of how the wins/losses may fall, I solidly believe all three of these teams are Top 10 worthy.

In terms of my Top 10, it is the same as Real Badman's therefore I will just say that mine and his are the same.
if knox can replace there linebackers they'll be right there they lost all three linebackers so we will see
I've been hearing that Knox is going to run the some Wishbone on offense, and going to some version of the Bear defense so they can get all there athletes on the field.
Cellking Wrote:People have Wayne too high, Rock gave them all they wanted last year. Wayne lost quite a bit. Rock has everyone back. Don't sleep on Rock. Top 5 team in 4A.

I agree Rock is a team to watch! Would not surprise me to see them in the state semi final.
LWC Wrote:It is amazing to me that the Rock/Knox/Wayne District has three teams in many Top 10's. Regardless of how the wins/losses may fall, I solidly believe all three of these teams are Top 10 worthy.

In terms of my Top 10, it is the same as Real Badman's therefore I will just say that mine and his are the same.

It is a brutal district. Before Wayne was in it it was a battle between Rock, Knox and Russell County. The Lakers have been down the last two years but they won't stay down...when they get going again a tough district will be even tougher!
I don't have a top 10. In the end, it will be South Warren and Johnson Central in the final IMO.
Fear the Rock!
E's Army Wrote:Fear the Rock!

Tough District, My pick is Rock. That would put them in top 5 other 2 will be in top 10.
Confusedhh:
1) South Warren
2) Johnson City
3) Shelby Co
4) Spencer Co
5) Hopkinsville
6) Scott
7) F.Simpson
8) Rockcastle Co
9) Collins
10) Knox Central
KYHSFBFan Wrote:1) South Warren
2) Johnson City
3) Shelby Co
4) Spencer Co
5) Hopkinsville
6) Scott
7) F.Simpson
8) Rockcastle Co
9) Collins
10) Knox Central

You are missing John Hardin. I can promise you they will be one of the best teams in 4A this year.
When I see these top 10's I can't help but to think 4a is not very strong at this time. Hopefully John hardin, and Warren central will get back to playing high level ball. Wasn't long ago that those 2 where championship caliber, just unfortunately where stuck with bowling green.
killbilly usmc Wrote:When I see these top 10's I can't help but to think 4a is not very strong at this time. Hopefully John hardin, and Warren central will get back to playing high level ball. Wasn't long ago that those 2 where championship caliber, just unfortunately where stuck with bowling green.

John Hardin has a two year window to get it done, starting this year. They will be very good by the end of the year.
killbilly usmc Wrote:When I see these top 10's I can't help but to think 4a is not very strong at this time. Hopefully John hardin, and Warren central will get back to playing high level ball. Wasn't long ago that those 2 where championship caliber, just unfortunately where stuck with bowling green.

Outside of the struggles that Warren Central is going through (which have come from the "powers" in their county); I'd still say John Hardin is playing a high level of ball.

9-4 with losses to a South Warren team, 6A PRP who lost by a TD to a St. X team that beat BG and ran (or almost) the clock on Lou. Central, 6A semifinalist Central Hardin and losing in the region finals I would still consider a pretty high level of ball.

With that said, I don't think you will ever see John be the "John of old" if you will. Their enrollment is some 300-400 kids below what it was at the time of their peak in the 15 or so history of the school/program and I don't think you'll see it get back to those numbers, either. Truth be told...come 2020 or whenever the next realignment is...I wouldn't be shocked to see them be in 3A...wouldn't shock me at all.
LWC Wrote:It is amazing to me that the Rock/Knox/Wayne District has three teams in many Top 10's. Regardless of how the wins/losses may fall, I solidly believe all three of these teams are Top 10 worthy.

I think that district is definitely tough. The Collins, Franklin, Shelby, Spencer and North Oldham district is pretty solid as well. Interesting to see who comes out of this district.
Well I have been quiet on this site for awhile but when you talk 4A football, I always have to jump in.
1. S. Warren till someone knocks them off.
2. John Hardin. Lots of talent returning.
3. Franklin Simpson. Must get over the SW drama.
4. Johnson Cent. Is and always will be top team in east.
5. Collins. Lots of returning skill players and a lot of depth.
6. Shelby Co. Tons of talent returning. Can Manica be replaced?
7. Spencer Co. Skill kids returning. Team still building the program.

8-10 is too many teams to narrow down. No district will be stronger than district 4. West semi state will again be for state championship. This year, SW will have to take the show on the road to make it back to LT Smith Stadium.
Pages: 1 2