Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin 62 @ Johnson Central 61
Eagle Eye Wrote:Since the coaches were brought up I thought I would just add that at least our coach has the courtesy not to scream 4 letter words in front of young children. I heard Pup numerous times last night.

Are coaches not suspose to use those words? Go tell that one to Bob Knight.
gs
This MC team and coaches never gave up and chose to battle for the win.. The puppy did a fine job coaching.
It's true this wasn't the best game these gals ever played. But it did prove their desire to be champions..
Tricky Wrote:AND?
Just what exactly does this have to do with his abiltiy to coach?

Answer: Has nothing what so ever!

Go sit behind your own bench; you might hear something there also.

I have sat behind Wiremans' bench many times and I have never heard him curse at the girls. Yell and scream yes but curse no. Now about the game MC made alot of mental mistakes down the lane. JC tried to stop and run the press too much instead of just taking it to the hoop. The Last shot was not what hurt JC. What hurt JC is when the lady ref had made the call of out of bounce on MC, and then the other ref ran over from the other side of the court and said that he seen a foul. Thats what hurt JC, but thats just IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill

[QUOTE]

In one of your previous posts you responded to a poster who stated that Pup was outcoached. YOU responded by saying that you "hated" our coach also. I don't think that anyone had said anything about hating anyone, the post was about the coaching. I was responding to the personal attack on our coach by just stating that at least Wireman can keep from speaking filth with kids around.
By the way, I was behind my own bench.:Thumbs:
Magoffin County girls played hard and are very talented, but it looks like the other teams are catching up. JC had this game won, but did not put it away.

The final shot was good as I watched the clock and Ritz shoot. The call on Meek was just as bad as I have ever seen, Duff seemed to want to change the game and did. The officals for the 15th region are terriable this year in both boys and girls. Duff always hurts Central when he calls.
Magoffin is the class of the 15th, but look for a hot 57th tournament this year.
the shot was cleary not good, as i looked the ball was on the ground with 1 sec left with everyone fighting for it, and everyone of the fans was goin crazy, when she picked up the ball and could not hear the horn blow. I do not think it was good, but i do think they should have some type of replay in highschool tho, i know its a crazy thing to say but doesnt anyone else agree? lol
Sounds like a great game, radio guys said JC moved the ball well, but let this one slip away. JC is young and I look for them to have a lot of success in the future. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game.
We can argue all week bout this game. If I recall, Magoffin lost to Central at central last year 41 to 54. Then Magoffin mopped the floor with central in the district championship 59 to 42 at Central. Magoffin new that Central would be tough and were a lil over confident after beat them 20 earlier in the season. Look for a Magoffin to come out on fire on Feb 9th to make a statment. This game was a battle and Magoffin preveiled. Magoffin is still the favorite to win every night.
Very close game, i really didnt think Magoffin was going to come back in this one.

Now, about that last shot, it was clearly shot after the buzzer sounded. Even some JC parents were sitting behind me, and they also said it was late. But before the last shot, i thought a charge or a block should have been called. It really couldnt of been called a no-call, but thats what it came out to be.
Great win lady hornets, and JC is going to be a strong factor come tourny time.
I wasn't at the game---saw highlights on Sports OT. With Magoffin's talent game shouldn't have been close----but JC has good coaching. As far as the "cursing" thing goes-----high school coaches are TEACHERS right? What if a teacher used those words to the students in the classroom? What makes it ok on the court then????? (just an observation)
At half time I clearly thought that JC had it won but MC stepped up and JC got tired or something the lady hornets were having a bad night IDK what was wrong with them but luckly they came out and finished with the win...and yes frankee I thought that they were gonna call a block underneath the goal but nothing was called but for the that last shot made by ritz I think that was the best call they had made all night, it was clearly that the ball was still in her hands as the buzzer was sounding. and the refs did not run off the floor the woman ref stayed at the scorers table about 30 seconds telling them the shot was no good. but the Lady Hornets should have learned from this experience that everything dosent come like a piece of cake. But anyways nice win for the girls but when central comes over here I think we should be well prepared
firetubbyplease! Wrote:I wasn't at the game---saw highlights on Sports OT. With Magoffin's talent game shouldn't have been close----but JC has good coaching. As far as the "cursing" thing goes-----high school coaches are TEACHERS right? What if a teacher used those words to the students in the classroom? What makes it ok on the court then????? (just an observation)
IMO it's not.
people its not our job to judge a coach on language...i could see if you was a parent of a child on that team but your not...if the players and/or parents have a problem with the language spoken by pup then it should be discussed between them and them only...it is not our job to judge a coach on language or gestures...yes they are suppost to teach kids character and no its not the right way...but i have NEVER had a coach that has not cussed and some point in time or another...just b/c they do not cuss on the bench does not mean it doesnt go on in the locker room nor practice...its a game and emotions flurish in games...let it be and lets move on...both teams and coaches are great and are fine ppl...good luck to all...
All_Sport#1 Wrote:At half time I clearly thought that JC had it won but MC stepped up and JC got tired or something the lady hornets were having a bad night IDK what was wrong with them but luckly they came out and finished with the win...and yes frankee I thought that they were gonna call a block underneath the goal but nothing was called but for the that last shot made by ritz I think that was the best call they had made all night, it was clearly that the ball was still in her hands as the buzzer was sounding. and the refs did not run off the floor the woman ref stayed at the scorers table about 30 seconds telling them the shot was no good. but the Lady Hornets should have learned from this experience that everything dosent come like a piece of cake. But anyways nice win for the girls but when central comes over here I think we should be well prepared

I was at the game sitting behind the scorers table and the lady referee DEFINITLY did not go to the table. She ran off the court side by side with Duff. From the time she signaled no basket, she was in the referees room in about five seconds.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Since the coaches were brought up I thought I would just add that at least our coach has the courtesy not to scream 4 letter words in front of young children. I heard Pup numerous times last night.

The coach screamed at the players, was disrespectful to the officials and cursed. I have always been told that a coach is a reflection of his team. Must be something to do with the system. The coach for Salyersville Grade School is just as bad.
Sounds like a great and crazy game... and I wouldn't doubt Pup cursing... since he did at me when we played against Magoffin a few years back
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
THOMCAT Wrote:I was at the game sitting behind the scorers table and the lady referee DEFINITLY did not go to the table. She ran off the court side by side with Duff. From the time she signaled no basket, she was in the referees room in about five seconds.
Watch any game the rest of the season and watch the referees. When the buzzer sounds the refs always sprint off the court
THOMCAT Wrote:I was at the game sitting behind the scorers table and the lady referee DEFINITLY did not go to the table. She ran off the court side by side with Duff. From the time she signaled no basket, she was in the referees room in about five seconds.
there musta been 2 lady refs cause she spoke to wireman and then left

You will never Hear those words come out f Wiremans mouth if you followed him around the rest of your life. Magoffin has some good players but i think PUP is a joke. My 5 year old cousin could win with those girls.
Congrats Magoffin..sounds like it was a good game to watch....
THOMCAT Wrote:The coach screamed at the players, was disrespectful to the officials and cursed. I have always been told that a coach is a reflection of his team. Must be something to do with the system. The coach for Salyersville Grade School is just as bad.
You better get your facts straight before you get on here ripping people i know for a fact that the Salyersville Coach doesnt curse cause he is a Preacher i dont care if your from johnson or Magoffin people like you havent got enough respect for the game to just enjoy it --it was a great game both teams played there heart out and you hate to see either team lose coulda watched them play 4-5 ots but your hatred for Magoffin and some of our fans hatred for Johnson county just clouds everyones clear thinking root for your team but dont hate your opponent so respond to this any way you want i dont care ---BTW Philip Wireman is from Magoffin still has brothers that live here
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:people its not our job to judge a coach on language...i could see if you was a parent of a child on that team but your not...if the players and/or parents have a problem with the language spoken by pup then it should be discussed between them and them only...it is not our job to judge a coach on language or gestures...yes they are suppost to teach kids character and no its not the right way...but i have NEVER had a coach that has not cussed and some point in time or another...just b/c they do not cuss on the bench does not mean it doesnt go on in the locker room nor practice...its a game and emotions flurish in games...let it be and lets move on...both teams and coaches are great and are fine ppl...good luck to all...
First of all how do you know that some people on here are NOT parents........they could be. This site is not limited to students and parents could be expressing their opinions on here possibly because they have girls on the team or know girls on the team. If you agree with cussing or fowl language that is fine but not everyone does and I know some parents in the county that won't allow their kids to play because of this reason and they have their opinions and beliefs too. If it doesn't bother you, then fine but it does offend some people. Myself, I think you can get the message across without it.
The Fan Wrote:You better get your facts straight before you get on here ripping people i know for a fact that the Salyersville Coach doesnt curse cause he is a Preacher i dont care if your from johnson or Magoffin people like you havent got enough respect for the game to just enjoy it --it was a great game both teams played there heart out and you hate to see either team lose coulda watched them play 4-5 ots but your hatred for Magoffin and some of our fans hatred for Johnson county just clouds everyones clear thinking root for your team but dont hate your opponent so respond to this any way you want i dont care ---BTW Philip Wireman is from Magoffin still has brothers that live here
The preacher is the Asst. Coach. I think other post was referring to the Coach
I'm pretty sure this thread isn't about the coaches, so why not just stick to the game?
The Fan Wrote:You better get your facts straight before you get on here ripping people i know for a fact that the Salyersville Coach doesnt curse cause he is a Preacher i dont care if your from johnson or Magoffin people like you havent got enough respect for the game to just enjoy it --it was a great game both teams played there heart out and you hate to see either team lose coulda watched them play 4-5 ots but your hatred for Magoffin and some of our fans hatred for Johnson county just clouds everyones clear thinking root for your team but dont hate your opponent so respond to this any way you want i dont care ---BTW Philip Wireman is from Magoffin still has brothers that live here

Just to defend myself, I do know the facts. I have seen this guy coach several games and have been less that 10 feet from him when I heard the language and this is with elementary kids. Also, in an earlier post you will see that I congratulated the kids and remarked that they had a good team.
[QUOTE=Eagle Eye][QUOTE]

In one of your previous posts you responded to a poster who stated that Pup was outcoached. YOU responded by saying that you "hated" our coach also. I don't think that anyone had said anything about hating anyone, the post was about the coaching. I was responding to the personal attack on our coach by just stating that at least Wireman can keep from speaking filth with kids around.
By the way, I was behind my own bench.:Thumbs:[/QUOTE]

So you was sitting behind your own bench and managed to hear our coach from way down there. Over top of all the crowd noise??????
RIGHTRolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
firetubbyplease! Wrote:I wasn't at the game---saw highlights on Sports OT. With Magoffin's talent game shouldn't have been close----but JC has good coaching. As far as the "cursing" thing goes-----high school coaches are TEACHERS right? What if a teacher used those words to the students in the classroom? What makes it ok on the court then????? (just an observation)

You wasn't there. So you don't KNOW EITHER!
So what if a coach uses a few choice words? These are highschool students. It isn't like our babies don't hear 100 times more than that during the day. Tell me, what's worse. A Coach uses a few choice words in the heat of a battle with his team or getting on the http://WWW.COM and slandering a man for the whole world to see, for something that we all have done or do.
Get it back on topic
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]