Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin 62 @ Johnson Central 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Magoffin barely moves past the Lady Eagles 62-61... whats your thoughts on this game?
closer then i thought. cant wait for the third time around. way to go hornets
Way to go lady hornets
congrats MC
WOW! What a game!

It was a shame that one of the teams had to lose.

Congradulation Hornets!
The true mark of a champion is to persevere and refuse to lose when best laid plans go astray.
Magoffin won on talent alone because they were completely out coached tonight. JC knew every play they were running and shut them down. Did anyone else think the final shot should have counted. I believe if JC gives this effort every time out they will be in the hunt for a region crown. Great game to watch and can't wait for the third time around!
eaglehoops Wrote:Magoffin won on talent alone because they were completely out coached tonight. JC knew every play they were running and shut them down. Did anyone else think the final shot should have counted. I believe if JC gives this effort every time out they will be in the hunt for a region crown. Great game to watch and can't wait for the third time around!
I wasn't there, but was told that the refs waived off the final shot then started running off the court befor the horn even sounded.
The Guru Wrote:I wasn't there, but was told that the refs waived off the final shot then started running off the court befor the horn even sounded.

Yea that was not even close. The horn had sounded. No one could hear the buzzer because everyone was crazy. When the ball hit the floor i looked at the time and there was 1 second left. Then after the battle for the ball JC got it and shot it. So it was clearly no good.
15thRegionX Wrote:Yea that was not even close. The horn had sounded. No one could hear the buzzer because everyone was crazy. When the ball hit the floor i looked at the time and there was 1 second left. Then after the battle for the ball JC got it and shot it. So it was clearly no good.

I along with everyone else on the JC side thought the shot was good, but I'm for JC. This proves to everyone though JC is going to be a force soon and this is a team you don't want to play come tourney time.
Wow, sounds like it was a pretty good game.
The shot was good.
You all can argue all day over whether or not the shot was good or not but the fact is Magoffin won the game. Johnson Central had their chance throughout the entire game but they let Magoffin back into it even when they were not shooting the ball that well. If Johnson Central is as good as some people say, why didnt they finish this one?
Heard this game got a lil physical.
Redneck Wrote:Heard this game got a lil physical.

I'd say. The refs were definitely hesitant to blow the whistle tonight. It was horrible on both sides in my opinion.
The Guru Wrote:I wasn't there, but was told that the refs waived off the final shot then started running off the court befor the horn even sounded.
you heared wrong watch sports ot its on right now
I listened pretty hard and to me, but again I'm a JC fan, the shot was good. But oh well, the next game should be another dandy. Magoffin has a lot of poise. If they had any coach they could make some noise down state. That's their only limitation IMO.
it was a good game Magoffin was lucky to come out of there with a win Brittneys 3 late in the game was huge especially after going 0-10 a shooter has to keep firing,central had a hard time inbounding the ball Magoffins pressure late in the game was relentless The Magoffin people will say the shot was good Centrals people will say it wasnt We can argue this all day but its a moot point the game is over Magoffin didnt play well at times but pulled out the win ( to many bad passes in the lane ) was one thing that irratated me but MAN THIS WAS A GREAT GAME to watch the enviroment was electric and both sides fans were well behaved hated to see either team lose but i am glad Magoffin won both games tonight

That would be wrong.

The clock had ran out and the video eveidence proved it.

You were told the truth. The final call was horrible. However, earlier in the 4th quarter Central was ahead and Meek knocked the ball off the Magoffin County player out of bounds directly in front of where I was and the lady referee was 3 feet from the play and gave the ball to Central. Then the other referee, Todd Duff came from across the court and made a call of Meek's fifth foul. That call made a big change. However, who could expect more from Duff. He is terrible. With that being said condgratulation Magoffin County, you have a very good team.
eaglehoops Wrote:I listened pretty hard and to me, but again I'm a JC fan, the shot was good. But oh well, the next game should be another dandy. Magoffin has a lot of poise. If they had any coach they could make some noise down state. That's their only limitation IMO.

You must be hearing impaired then. The clock ran out before the girl received the ball.
You can hate on our coach all you want. Because we feel the same way about your coach. Makes no difference.

The next game we'll give you a taste of what it's really about! You had your shot, took it and caught us on a bad shooting night.
Keep thinking that you can survive another game letting our players have wide open 3 point looks.
THOMCAT Wrote:You were told the truth. The final call was horrible. However, earlier in the 4th quarter Central was ahead and Meek knocked the ball off the Magoffin County player out of bounds directly in front of where I was and the lady referee was 3 feet from the play and gave the ball to Central. Then the other referee, Todd Duff came from across the court and made a call of Meek's fifth foul. That call made a big change. However, who could expect more from Duff. He is terrible. With that being said condgratulation Magoffin County, you have a very good team.

Would that have been the play where she cliped the Magoffin player from behind and knocked her to the floor in order to knock the ball off her out? Yes it was.
eaglehoops Wrote:Magoffin won on talent alone because they were completely out coached tonight. JC knew every play they were running and shut them down. Did anyone else think the final shot should have counted. I believe if JC gives this effort every time out they will be in the hunt for a region crown. Great game to watch and can't wait for the third time around!
didn't get to see this gamed just listened and you sure can't get all of the details from the radio........what did you mean, got outcoached?
Congrats MC Hornets!
Tricky Wrote:You must be hearing impaired then. The clock ran out before the girl received the ball.
You can hate on our coach all you want. Because we feel the same way about your coach. Makes no difference.

The next game we'll give you a taste of what it's really about! You had your shot, took it and caught us on a bad shooting night.
Keep thinking that you can survive another game letting our players have wide open 3 point looks.

Since the coaches were brought up I thought I would just add that at least our coach has the courtesy not to scream 4 letter words in front of young children. I heard Pup numerous times last night.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Since the coaches were brought up I thought I would just add that at least our coach has the courtesy not to scream 4 letter words in front of young children. I heard Pup numerous times last night.
yeah because we ALL know that no other coach would do something like this Rolleyes
There was 43 fouls called in the game. The ref's blew the wistle all night long.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Since the coaches were brought up I thought I would just add that at least our coach has the courtesy not to scream 4 letter words in front of young children. I heard Pup numerous times last night.

AND?
Just what exactly does this have to do with his abiltiy to coach?

Answer: Has nothing what so ever!

Go sit behind your own bench; you might hear something there also.

And I wasn't the one who brought up the coaches. It was brought up by
[QUOTE=eaglehoops]Magoffin won on talent alone because they were completely out coached tonight. QUOTE]
Everyone can argue about the shot for years to come example the Pike Central East Ridge game...But its not going to make a diffrence...everyone just needs to move on and get ready for district JC will get their chance again and when they do this time they just have to finish the job...how many points was JC up by i think the last i heard it was like 7 late in the third or something like that??
Pages: 1 2 3 4