Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. South Warren (4A State Championship)
I hate to say that Johnson Central is going to win, but I really think that Johnson Central will win.
According to googlemaps.com

South Warren is 7 miles from WKU's field...... Johnson Central is 260 miles.

There is NO DOUBT South Warren is going to have A MAJOR CROWD on Sunday. JC fans, make the trip Sunday. We need everybody that supports our Golden Eagles to be there.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I'm pulling for the Eagles in this one bring the title back to our end of the state!
Taking JC in a close one
JC crowd won't be to shabby.

Seeing that Belfry plays right before they do!

If JC and Belfry BOTH win. There won't be a pallet left in that county...LOL!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
If Workman was 100 percent, then I would have predicted a fairly easy JC win. Coach Matney has made some great adjustments to offset Workman's reduced mobility and I still believe that the Golden Eagles will prevail but it will probably be another nail biter.
it will be tough to put a score on the board against The Spartans.
JC wins their first of many state titles..:welcome:
Hoping for a JC AND BELFRY win!
pjdoug Wrote:it will be tough to put a score on the board against The Spartans.

Serious question. What is it about the South Warren defense that makes you think they will shut out Johnson Central?

The film I have watched does not lead me to believe that they are a defensive juggernaut. Don't get me wrong, they are very good, but I don't view them as being so dominant that Johnson Central can't score.
Pulling for JC. Picking SW by 7. Should be a great game.
khsgamenight Wrote:Serious question. What is it about the South Warren defense that makes you think they will shut out Johnson Central?

The film I have watched does not lead me to believe that they are a defensive juggernaut. Don't get me wrong, they are very good, but I don't view them as being so dominant that Johnson Central can't score.

What I see is a team that will try to get there quick and wrap and drag. I really look forward to the first two series and see what happens when we lay a lick on them. Hardest thing about evaluating film is when you don't know the personnel of the other team.
I hope JC is not too banged up to pull off the win. I have been watching these kids try to get there with some great teams the past few years and I am glad to see them in Bowling Green. Johnson Central 17-14.
FWIW....

South Warren has played 3 teams that have a wrestling team.
John Hardin
Apollo
Central Hardin

Johnson Central has played 8 teams that have a wrestling team.
Fairland, OH.
Lexington Catholic
Boyd County
Ashland
Belfry
Holmes
Scott
Wayne County
South Warren's schedule, broken down only as Pulp Fiction can do it......

John Hardin; 9-4; 4A; Lost in the 3rd round of playoffs.
Apollo; 3-8; 5A; Lost in the 1st round of playoffs.
Greenwood; 9-3; 5A; Lost in the 2nd round of playoffs.
Central Hardin; 10-4; 6A; Lost in the 4th round playoffs.
North Hardin; 4-8; 6A; Lost in the 2nd round of playoffs.
Warren East; 1-9; 4A
Allen County-Scottsville; 6-6; 4A Played SW twice this season. Lost to SW in 2nd round
Warren Central; 3-8; 4A; Lost in the 1st round of playoffs.
Hopkins County Central; 2-9; 4A Lost to SW in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Franklin-Simpson; 8-5; 4A Played SW twice this season. Lost to SW in the 3rd round.
Shelby County; 12-2; 4A; Lost in the 4th round of playoffs.
Pope John Paul II, TN. - No information available.

SW has not played any teams in any state finals.
khsgamenight Wrote:Serious question. What is it about the South Warren defense that makes you think they will shut out Johnson Central?

I didn't say they will shut them out.I said it will be tough to put a score on the board.not impossibleSmile
Hate to say it but without Workman 100% I cant envision JCHS finding a way to put up the kind of points it will take to UPSET SWHS. The JC offense has been more diverse then ever this year though so who knows what coach Matney has up his sleeves.

Prediction
SWHS-37
JCHS-13
I only hope we are 100% healthy and the state gets to see the real JCHS.
South Warren by as much as they want. Watched both teams this season. South Warren is much more athletic and much more physical.
SW-42
JC-7
Eastkyfootballfan07 has, in 9 posts, because a Heel Troll against JC.

If they don't hate you, that means you are not relevant.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Eastkyfootballfan07 has, in 9 posts, because a Heel Troll against JC.

If they don't hate you, that means you are not relevant.

Johnson Central won't be relevant after Sunday Smile
Cheering for my old ball coach, Jim Matney. Ground and pound, ground and pound.
Eastkyfootballfan07 Wrote:Johnson Central won't be relevant after Sunday Smile

:pondering:
Of the 15 games South Warren will play this season.....

12 of those games have been played inside Warren County.
(9 @ Home, 1 @ Warren East & 2 @ WKU)
If any JC fans are planning on watching the game live on the internet stream.....

YOU HAVE TO PAY $9.99 TO WATCH IT!!!!!!
And from what everybody said last night from the Pikeville vs. Beechwood game, the video/audio quality was terrible... when it was working.

You can listen live on WSIP 98.9 radio broadcast or on the WSIP website live stream.
Good Luck JC!:Thumbs:
Pulling for Brandon Smith to win his first but momma is from the hills so won't bother me a bit if JC wins.
Good Luck Johnson Central! Bring home title #3 to the Mountains!