Poll: Who Advances to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
82.35%
Corbin
17.65%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Belfry State Semifinal 11/27
Pirates77 Wrote:No team is unstoppable.......but I do believe it is gonna take someone playing their best football, and for the Pirates to have a night like the Midland game or the first Lawrence County game for them to lose.......GO PIRATES!!!

Come playoff time they are unstoppable in 3A. I can't really recall the last time time Belfry lost an actual 3A game. A championship game a few years ago maybe?
Belfry by whatever Haywood wants. Running clock early 4th quarter.
The_Rock Wrote:Coach Haddix will give Belfry all they want and then some. Corbin has played some really good teams this year with as many athletes as Belfry. Danville for one. Trip over there may wear Corbin out though. Good luck Redhounds and Coach Haddix.

Your not making a good example for Corbin, they got beat by Danville 20 - 0 they lost to Knox Central 36 - 0 who barely beat Harlan County by 10 who Belfry beat 43 - 0. I know all that means zilch, but you did bring it up and gives you something to think about. I never pick in any thread, have never since I've been on here and won't start now. All I know to say is have a safe trip and good luck.
No question Belfry is the better team. They are bigger, faster and stronger. Not to mention way more experienced. If both teams play to their capabilities, then Belfry will win by several touchdowns. With that said, I will make the 3 hour drive to pond creek in support of my Redhounds. You never know when a little magic might happen when the lights come on!
I was marking down starter in the program, Corbin started/played 4 fresh, 3 soph 11juniors, 4 seniors. Dressed 78 players! We played 1 fresh, 1 soph, 5 juniors and 9 seniors and dress 39!!
We might be in trouble for a few years..
0ff The Chain Wrote:Lawrence thought the same thing about giving Belfry a game. It worked out as bout as well as it will for Corbin.

Corbin is a better team than Lawrence County.
Crossbones Wrote:Your not making a good example for Corbin, they got beat by Danville 20 - 0 they lost to Knox Central 36 - 0 who barely beat Harlan County by 10 who Belfry beat 43 - 0. I know all that means zilch, but you did bring it up and gives you something to think about. I never pick in any thread, have never since I've been on here and won't start now. All I know to say is have a safe trip and good luck.

at this point Danville would probably beat everybody in 3A by 20-0 or worse Confusednicker:
This will shock you Belfry fans. I'm picking The Pirates to win 35-14, but I wish both teams would lose Confusednicker:
Well I have seen both teams play this year. Corbin has made a miraculous return to their football status this year after imploding (IMO) last year. The Redhounds will make it a game in the first quarter, but the Pirates will be too much to overcome.

Good luck to both teams for an injury free contest!!

Belfry by 21+
One thing I do know is Corbin will not roll over and all this "let down after an emotional high" is hilarious.

This is the State Semis and you are playing one of the best programs in KY with a shot at the State Finals. I fully expect Corbin to bring their A+ game.

Have to respect the history of both proud programs and communities.
I fully expect Corbin to have their hands full in this game. The Hounds will have to play lights out and Belfry with have to make mistakes to win the game... That said, it's possible.! But, my opinion is, this isn't the Hounds year. They are young and will improve before '16. Then, the Belfry fans on here might not be so chipper.
HighViz Wrote:I fully expect Corbin to have their hands full in this game. The Hounds will have to play lights out and Belfry with have to make mistakes to win the game... That said, it's possible.! But, my opinion is, this isn't the Hounds year. They are young and will improve before '16. Then, the Belfry fans on here might not be so chipper.
You fail to realize that we only have 2 seniors on Offense and 2 seniors on defense.
I also fail to care. Belfry won't be so chipper in '16 I said. The hounds will be just as tuff.. '17 as well... Remember now, it don't help to water your new field.
Another reason it's impossible to get along with belfry cronies. I said you would most likely win this game. Not good enuf. Y'all must all be women over there.... Never good enuf for ya.
HighViz Wrote:I also fail to care. Belfry won't be so chipper in '16 I said. The hounds will be just as tuff.. '17 as well... Remember now, it don't help to water your new field.

I sense the butt hurt in this one already
This will be a BlowOut!! Mark it down Belfry can buy their ticket to Bowling Green!!! This game will be over by Halftime, Belfry 48 Corbin 7 May be a running clock. Not nothin against Corbin because I kind of like to see them win but all honesty this will be a blowout!Bell had 200 rushing yards at halftime last night and Corbin buckled down..I just think this game will not even be close.
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin is a better team than Lawrence County.
:eyeroll:
Old school match up. Corbin is starting to look like Corbin used to, but still a few years from Belfry's level.

Pirates 42
Hounds 21 (late score when the dogs are called off by Haywood)
The RED ARMY vs the Redhounds for a trip to Bowling Green. The IRON CURTAIN OF PIKE COUNTY will smother the Redhounds. The RED ARMY marches on in their quest for a 3 peat. We need whatever they are putting in the water down at pond creek back in Flatwoods.

RED ARMY- 38

HOUNDS- 14
HighViz Wrote:I also fail to care. Belfry won't be so chipper in '16 I said. The hounds will be just as tuff.. '17 as well... Remember now, it don't help to water your new field.

You may not seem to care, but you are failing to use your head. In other words we will be better than Corbin next year also. Which means We will be just as chippy.
Any fans from belfry needs to sell their tickets to bowling green for half prices next Friday night I will buy them all. Confusederiously: Go Corbin
Corbin has a very good young[B] program, Belfry has a very good [B]experienced but young program. Belfry has the best high school coach in the state hands down. There isn't much coach Haywood hasn't seen on the field. With all of this I really think it will be difficult for Corbin to win this game. Not going to say they can't win everyone has a punchers chance that why they play. Corbin is going to have to step up and play the game of their lives. To say they have no chance is wrong though anything can happen. "Remember the movie Hoosiers"

Good luck to both teams leave it all on the field!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
TongueirateSho
HighViz Wrote:Another reason it's impossible to get along with belfry cronies. I said you would most likely win this game. Not good enuf. Y'all must all be women over there.... Never good enuf for ya.
Your right never good enough. That's why our team wears shirts that say"Never Satisfied".
Not butthurt at all.... You women up there will be the butt hurt ones.
Have to agree a little with HighViz, the only team Belfry has faced all year that can match them on size, strength and numbers is the WV team and we know how that turned out. Belfry will be in for a shock early in this game and by the time they wake up and realize this Corbin team is just as good if not better it will be too late.

Corbin 34
Belfry 14
Belfry with little problems. 42 to 12
0ff The Chain Wrote:Come playoff time they are unstoppable in 3A. I can't really recall the last time time Belfry lost an actual 3A game. A championship game a few years ago maybe?

Belfry has not lost to a 3A team since 2012. A 12-6 loss to Central in the State Championship.
While Corbin may have size and numbers, they aren't in the same realm of discussion as cabell midland and a foolish comparison. To put things into perspective for you, cabell midland is currently ranked 173 nationally while the redhounds come in at 5036. Not saying Corbin isn't talented, but be realistic.
Belfry 42-7 and that's probably giving Corbin 7 too many. Too much size, speed, depth, experience! If it's cold Friday save your hot chocolate for the ride back home when you leave at halftime, I hear hot chocolate and left over turkey goes good together
Belfry 42-7 and that's probably giving Corbin 7 too many. Too much size, speed, depth, experience! If it's cold Friday save your hot chocolate for the ride back home when you leave at halftime, I hear hot chocolate and left over turkey goes good together
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next