Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 27 Lawrence County 23
AtlPirateFan Wrote:It just feels like this team is lacking a leader and fire, it seems to be each week the radio crew comments on the lack of fire.

Part of me feels like the lack of fire and lack of a leader emerging stems from the 12th man. It's noted each week that the boys are begging the fans to make noise. Coach Haywood has made comments about the lack of crowd and crowd enthusiasm in pre-game interviews at least twice this year.

You've got people all around the country tuning in every Friday night wishing they were sitting in CAM stadium and the "fans" right there in Pike Co can't even be bothered to show up and support the team. I have been constantly frustrated with the crowd over the last few years but it keeps getting worse. I got to attend last years Seminfinal game the first game I had seen live since 2006 and and was disappointed to see that only about three or four sections of the crowd really got loud for the boys. In my opinion some of the people at the game need to start challenging our fans to get loud for those boys every single play of the game and be invested in what's happening on the files and stop with the Friday night socializing. I don't remember this lack of enthusiasm at Vipperman even during those late 90s years when the team was rebuilding.

Attendance decline is happening everywhere. Teams might as well stream the games and forget about trying to get people at the games. Its just not as important to the communities anymore and that's everywhere.
You have to keep the schedule fresh and put a good product on the field or people simply wont come.
Congrats to belfry! My team has suffered two past weeks of heartbreak. The Rams and pirates will only make us better. Lc still can and will get better. Belfry will be fine, im sure the coach has those boys full attention now. Not a doubt that belfry will look a lot different in 4 weeks.
In the pound Wrote:Congrats to belfry! My team has suffered two past weeks of heartbreak. The Rams and pirates will only make us better. Lc still can and will get better. Belfry will be fine, im sure the coach has those boys full attention now. Not a doubt that belfry will look a lot different in 4 weeks.

I agree 4 weeks from now things will be better and I'm def not jumping ship. I'll be listening and rooting each week win or lose. Just have to vent the frustration from time to time when it builds up. Hope to see the Dawgs in the region final. Best of luck the rest of the season
In the pound Wrote:Congrats to belfry! My team has suffered two past weeks of heartbreak. The Rams and pirates will only make us better. Lc still can and will get better. Belfry will be fine, im sure the coach has those boys full attention now. Not a doubt that belfry will look a lot different in 4 weeks.
Is there any up date on Brandon Richardson?
I haven't heard anything.
Ok thanks
up date on Brandon Richardson?he ok
He got a concussion
LCDOG 87 Wrote:He got a concussion
Hope he recovers okay.
Very upset when you got a kid down on the field in the kids come to your sided not ones not two but three time that is bad
If the bulldogs can work hard and improve and find some run defense over the next 4 or 5 weeks we could be a tough out come playoff time. Our defensive line got pushed around for the most part tonight but we did get a few stops.I figured Belfry would have a better pash rush then that but give credit to our offensive line because they have done a good job of protecting the QB all year. They haven't given up but a few sacks this year and most of those were on busted plays. We have had problems with the defensive line all year and you can't expect that defensive secondary to bail you out and stop big plays every play even though they are pretty talented and athletic. Hard for your linebackers to do anything when the lineman are being pushed in their lapp also. I would love to know how much the small defensive line was played in this one. Ido feel that the coaches gave up on the run too soon. It was hard sledding in the first half but it was starting to work late in the game at times. I would also love the name of who was lined up on the Horton kid from Belfry because that young man deserves ahuge pat on the back, he kept that kid quiet for most of the night. I would think it was Ratliff, kid is big and strong and very under rated in this area as a lineman, he didn't get to play in this one last season due too injury. Congrats to Belfry on the win and I think these two teams will play again in November and hopefully both teams will have a few things cleaned up and figured out.
:Thumbs:
Ratiliff brothers at tackles 51 is a so 78 is a ser
LCDOG 87 Wrote:He got a concussion
Praying for a full recovery.
Horton rarely did not get double teamed. Lawrence did a good job taking him out of plays, too. But don't let the lack of his name being called fool you, he rushed several throws and caused Kiser to have to cut back the other way or scramble more than once.
Thanks for all prayers
Do-double-gg Wrote:If the bulldogs can work hard and improve and find some run defense over the next 4 or 5 weeks we could be a tough out come playoff time. Our defensive line got pushed around for the most part tonight but we did get a few stops.I figured Belfry would have a better pash rush then that but give credit to our offensive line because they have done a good job of protecting the QB all year. They haven't given up but a few sacks this year and most of those were on busted plays. We have had problems with the defensive line all year and you can't expect that defensive secondary to bail you out and stop big plays every play even though they are pretty talented and athletic. Hard for your linebackers to do anything when the lineman are being pushed in their lapp also. I would love to know how much the small defensive line was played in this one. Ido feel that the coaches gave up on the run too soon. It was hard sledding in the first half but it was starting to work late in the game at times. I would also love the name of who was lined up on the Horton kid from Belfry because that young man deserves ahuge pat on the back, he kept that kid quiet for most of the night. I would think it was Ratliff, kid is big and strong and very under rated in this area as a lineman, he didn't get to play in this one last season due too injury. Congrats to Belfry on the win and I think these two teams will play again in November and hopefully both teams will have a few things cleaned up and figured out.
:Thumbs:
I feel the direct opposite about the running game. I thought we ran the ball way to much on early downs and kept getting nailed for losses time and time again and putting us in predictable passing situations. I know it would be great to have balance but at some point you have to be smart enough to figure out that when you run the ball your just giving a play away because we were going nowhere. I did not understand why they kept lining people up all on one side instead of going 4 wide,2 on each side and run deep routes and then some underneath. It seemed to me the majority of the pass plays either involved a 1 wr route that pretty much had triple coverage on(Dalton happened to get behind them some) or a trips formation that had 3 wr's all running routes way to close to each other and allowing 1 Belfry defender to cover them. A lot of out routes that was making Kiser have to try and gun the ball bout 20 yards or more just to get a 5 yard gain to the sideline. I don't claim to be a coach but it just seemed that as far as Belfry's corners were playing off why not run some quick slants?or have the TE come across underneath some deeper routes. I just didn't think the personnel was fully used like it could have been. Proud of the way the kids played and hopefully we can make it back there for another crack at it.
0ff The Chain Wrote:I feel the direct opposite about the running game. I thought we ran the ball way to much on early downs and kept getting nailed for losses time and time again and putting us in predictable passing situations. I know it would be great to have balance but at some point you have to be smart enough to figure out that when you run the ball your just giving a play away because we were going nowhere. I did not understand why they kept lining people up all on one side instead of going 4 wide,2 on each side and run deep routes and then some underneath. It seemed to me the majority of the pass plays either involved a 1 wr route that pretty much had triple coverage on(Dalton happened to get behind them some) or a trips formation that had 3 wr's all running routes way to close to each other and allowing 1 Belfry defender to cover them. A lot of out routes that was making Kiser have to try and gun the ball bout 20 yards or more just to get a 5 yard gain to the sideline. I don't claim to be a coach but it just seemed that as far as Belfry's corners were playing off why not run some quick slants?or have the TE come across underneath some deeper routes. I just didn't think the personnel was fully used like it could have been. Proud of the way the kids played and hopefully we can make it back there for another crack at it.

I agree. Did the same thing against Raceland. Need to stretch the secondary with the Daltons and force LBs to cover short routes.
Best of luck to LC throughout the remainder of the season. If they can capitalize on mistakes by the other team they will be tough to beat. Belfry laid the ball on the turf too many times. They should have gotten beat. If it wasn't for the defense they would have been beaten. No way we can keep turning the ball over and expect to be back in bowling green. I foresee another rough week of practice for belfry. Probably the sloppiest win I have ever seen from belfry. Prayers for the LC kid that got hurt. I pray for a speedy recovery for that young man.
Odd to see all these people jumping off Belfry's bandwagon because they didn't beat LC by 50 or so. Yeah they had a bunch of turnovers but its not exactly like they were just dropping the ball and throwing picks. The were being stood up and stripped and being smacked hard from all different directions. I know most people on here would rather smash their toe with a hammer than to slightly admit that maybe LC isn't as bad as everyone thinks. Back to back games LC was picked by most people to be blown out by 30 or so and both games they had won and couldn't hold on the end. Belfry will be fine and won't have these kinds of turnovers in every game and LC will figure out how to close the deal in tight games. I would love to dramatic game like this again down the road.
Queation fo those who watched the ball game. Obviously turnovers affected Belfry, Lawrence County cashed in on some of the opportunities, but missed on others, missing two field goals (i believe) that would have won the game had they connected. But my question is this. With no turnovers, how does this game play out? If Lawrence cashes in on each turnover its a MASSIVE upset of a scoring margin in favor of LC I would assume. I ask from a Raceland fan's perspective in comparing a few scores (though now days thats nearly a wash due to matchup situations).

1. Paintsville beats Pikeville in over time on the shoulders of Kash Daniel.
2. Belfry thumps Pikeville in Pond Creek.
3. Raceland defeats LC on the road thanks to Bailey Walker ripping the ball out of Mosely's hands, in a game that after watching several times I though Belfry would beat either of the two about like they did Pikeville.
4. The Bulldogs take the Pirates down to the wire.

Without the fumbles, does Belfry put a running clock on LC? One could argue that if only HALF the turnovers turned into scoring drives, Belfry wins by 3-5 TDs. Just looking for some opinions from both the Dawgpound and PondCreek faithful.
skully03 Wrote:Best of luck to LC throughout the remainder of the season. If they can capitalize on mistakes by the other team they will be tough to beat. Belfry laid the ball on the turf too many times. They should have gotten beat. If it wasn't for the defense they would have been beaten. No way we can keep turning the ball over and expect to be back in bowling green. I foresee another rough week of practice for belfry. Probably the sloppiest win I have ever seen from belfry. Prayers for the LC kid that got hurt. I pray for a speedy recovery for that young man.

I heard Richardson had a stinger and is doing fine. I didn't hear anything about the concussion part I have seen in a few posts.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Queation fo those who watched the ball game. Obviously turnovers affected Belfry, Lawrence County cashed in on some of the opportunities, but missed on others, missing two field goals (i believe) that would have won the game had they connected. But my question is this. With no turnovers, how does this game play out? If Lawrence cashes in on each turnover its a MASSIVE upset of a scoring margin in favor of LC I would assume. I ask from a Raceland fan's perspective in comparing a few scores (though now days thats nearly a wash due to matchup situations).

3. Raceland defeats LC on the road thanks to Bailey Walker ripping the ball out of Mosely's hands, in a game that after watching several times I though Belfry would beat either of the two about like they did Pikeville.

Without the fumbles, does Belfry put a running clock on LC? One could argue that if only HALF the turnovers turned into scoring drives, Belfry wins by 3-5 TDs. Just looking for some opinions from both the Dawgpound and PondCreek faithful.
If belfry would not have fumbled like they did, the game would prob have been lopsided by halftime. Not a knock on LC by any means. They did a heck of a job stripping the ball when our players got stood up. But without fumbles belfry would have prob sustained some longer drives wearing down LC that much more. So yeah without fumbles the game is not as close. But if a frog had wings........... You know the rest.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Queation fo those who watched the ball game. Obviously turnovers affected Belfry, Lawrence County cashed in on some of the opportunities, but missed on others, missing two field goals (i believe) that would have won the game had they connected. But my question is this. With no turnovers, how does this game play out? If Lawrence cashes in on each turnover its a MASSIVE upset of a scoring margin in favor of LC I would assume. I ask from a Raceland fan's perspective in comparing a few scores (though now days thats nearly a wash due to matchup situations).

Really I never understood the whole" if so and so didn't have these turnovers"thing.Yes Belfry had a bunch of turnovers and that effected the outcome but at the same time you can pull out all the rest of the things that happened in that game like the Belfry player that got the ball on his goal line and jump cut backward and was tackled in his endzone and should have been a safety,Horton flying in and blatantly leading with his helmet and blasting our qb in the face that should have been targeting but he is a D1 athlete and therefore can do what he pleases,he also jumped offsides and came way across behind our lineman and then back over and nothing called. I am not gonna say the refs were completely one-sided because they made bad calls on both teams but I am making the point that this game was close because these two teams are good teams with the district on the line and they played their a$$es off and not simply because Belfry decided to take it easy in this game just to build suspense.
Coach said it a consussion I've not talked to his family

Going by the same "if" logic. If LC capitalized on belfrys fumbles the game would have been lopsided in favor of LC. If I remember out of 6-7 fumbles that belfry lost LC only came away with 10 points off turnovers. So there was at least 4 TO's that were not turned into points for LC. It. Could have gotten out hand rather quickly.
I also want to state that Belfry's defense,especially their run defense,is so good it is ridiculous. Amazed at the running speed of their O-line as well. Good luck to them the rest of the season.
I for one am glad the game is decided on the field rather than these boards. I too, as a Belfry fan, am slightly shocked and disgusted at the number of people jumping ship. Granted it was a bad game, on both sides. My hats off to LC for playing till the end, those kids played hard. In the end guys, these are 15, 16, 17 year old kids. Mistakes will be made, teams will have bad games. Sometimes in consecutive weeks as we've recently witnessed. In the end though as a true fan you stand by your team whether you win or lose by 100. It turns my stomach to read some of these comments on this discussion board. Truth be told a lot of us need a slice of humble pie and have grown arrogant and spoiled in recent years. Ultimately what I'm getting at is these are high school kids playing a game they love in what most would consider the best years of their lives, with a bunch of grown men criticizing their every move. I'm just glad the players from ANY team don't put much stock in what is said here, and handle their business on the field each week. Again, hats off to LC for hanging in there and battling, both teams obviously have much to work on. However I think the fan bases have more to work on.

Prayers to the kid that was injured and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

skully03 Wrote:Going by the same "if" logic. If LC capitalized on belfrys fumbles the game would have been lopsided in favor of LC. If I remember out of 6-7 fumbles that belfry lost LC only came away with 10 points off turnovers. So there was at least 4 TO's that were not turned into points for LC. It. Could have gotten out hand rather quickly.

Another reason for Belfry fans to relax a little bit. If you can have that many turnovers and have that kind of defense to bail you out then you are better off than most.

I agree with you on it being a wash when comparing scores from other games. For instance, how LC played Belfry and the rest of our district is much different because of the importance that is placed on it and the kids get up for Belfry because they are the leader of the pack in our district. I won't be silly and say the game against Raceland and other non district match ups are not important but it is like Raceland's game against Paintsville later on. It means more and more on the line. It is always "all hands on deck" when playing Belfry. No resting players or tinkering with plays or packages, it is pretty much about hitting them with everything but the kitchen sink and then throwing the sink in at the end and hope it will be enough. LC just doesn't do that when playing out of district.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:It just feels like this team is lacking a leader and fire, it seems to be each week the radio crew comments on the lack of fire.

Part of me feels like the lack of fire and lack of a leader emerging stems from the 12th man. It's noted each week that the boys are begging the fans to make noise. Coach Haywood has made comments about the lack of crowd and crowd enthusiasm in pre-game interviews at least twice this year.

You've got people all around the country tuning in every Friday night wishing they were sitting in CAM stadium and the "fans" right there in Pike Co can't even be bothered to show up and support the team. I have been constantly frustrated with the crowd over the last few years but it keeps getting worse. I got to attend last years Seminfinal game the first game I had seen live since 2006 and and was disappointed to see that only about three or four sections of the crowd really got loud for the boys. In my opinion some of the people at the game need to start challenging our fans to get loud for those boys every single play of the game and be invested in what's happening on the field and stop with the Friday night socializing. It's dead silent until a big run breaks then it's silent again.

I don't remember this lack of enthusiasm at Vipperman even during those late 90s years when the team was rebuilding.
belfry fans are all laid off or getting ready to be laid off. they have bigger concerns than a game. save gas and money. bad times for coal country. the socializing is about networking.