Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 27 Lawrence County 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Final
Despite 7 lost fumbles Belfry survives in a battle of two teams who didnt deserve to win.

BAD, BAD, BAD and Belfry has no shot at a State Title as of right now.
Congrats Pirates, see you in 3 weeks.
Congrats Belfry.
Well do-double-gg, you got your wish!! Lawrence played as close as they could without winning!

Prayers for the injured LC player. Would appreciate any updates that anyone might have.

Congratulations Pirates.
Dang what a game. :popcorn:
This is a shocker to me, didn't think it would be this close.
Congrats Belfry..... I guess?

After last week and now this, I'm starting to feel kinda bad for Lawrence Co.
UGLY, Nobody deserved to win this game.
It's a good thing the eastern half of the state isn't loaded with a few really good teams. This Belfry team will walk into the semis by default and end their season there. And that's definitely a good thing, spare them the embarrassment of getting shit kicked by Boyle County. A total disaster on Pond Creek this year, no excuses for that type of performance with the district title on the line. Fumble, fumble, fumble. Hopefully some things will change prior to next Friday night.
Belfry fumbles 9 times and lose 7...5 of which were deep in their own territory.

Neither team deserved to win this one.

Make no mistake about it..Belfry is NOT a Title Contender right now and truth be told I have a hard time thinking it will change. Just careless football and tonight the majority of the 3A Top 10 would beat them.
I don't understand the regression this late in the year. 10 lost fumbles in 2 weeks is mind blowing to me. I keep trying to remember that it wasn't offense that won the last two state titles but the inablilty to not drop the football is concerning.

With Corbin's fumble woes and Belfrys lately could you imagine the fumble fest on Black Friday.

If Belfry doesn't drop to at least 5th in the rankings this week then someone isn't paying attention
Embarrassing performance. Belfry didn't deserve to win though I am of course glad they did. Finally heard Ray Hortons name in the 4th quarter when he batted down a pass.

Lawrence forced a LOT of no gains and negative plays. That is a warning sign for sure. Belfry can't even execute their basic 5-6 plays right now, much less make teams even think about a pass over the top or a wrinkle. Good thing it is happening now I suppose. Belfry needs to hold a meeting and decide if they want to be good or just go through the motions.
I felt like I was reliving the UK/EKU game tonight. I wasn't there so some of the fumbles may have been exceptional plays by Lawrence defenders. But still, 9 fumbles losing 7. Unacceptable for a pewee team.
LC Should have won this game. Too many mistakes by belfry and somehow they still find a way to win.
If any Belfry fans already booked your room to Bowling Green best cancel it.

Unless this team suddenly improves 300% they won't make it anywhere... even if they do improve they will lose by 40 to whoever comes out of the West.

I try to stay positive but lets call a spade a spade... this team lacks the mental discipline and the leadership to deserve to play for a Championship. Too many individuals and too many kids who think all they have to do is put on that jersey and everyone is going to roll over.

Yes the Defense did their part...but they don't get a free pass either. Those two long TD passes cant happen. You think Lawrence's passing game is remotely close to Boyle, Caldwell, or LexCath? HAHAHAHA.... those teams will put 50 on Belfry's secondary and lack of pass rush right now.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I don't understand the regression this late in the year. 10 lost fumbles in 2 weeks is mind blowing to me. I keep trying to remember that it wasn't offense that won the last two state titles but the inablilty to not drop the football is concerning.

With Corbin's fumble woes and Belfrys lately could you imagine the fumble fest on Black Friday.

If Belfry doesn't drop to at least 5th in the rankings this week then someone isn't paying attention

I'll tell why.... The only two teams we've played that's been physical on D, there's been 11-12 fumbles
What is the word on the injured player? Was it a leg ankle or what?
I haven't heard, but he had to be taken out by ambulance.

Anxious to hear an update about him!!
Anybody catch stats?
Belfry didn't exactly move it like clockwork in between fumbles tonight either. Time to start worrying IMO.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Anybody catch stats?

434 yards for Belfry, X and Catron both over 100

Lawrence gained 130 yards outside of the to Dalton catches that went for 150 yards... 280 total

LC's leading rusher had 20 yards
This has to hurt. Like someone dropping a bowling ball on your foot.
Ugliest win (if you call it a win) in the history of Belfry football. Pond Creek we have a problem.
If belfry fidnt have the turnovers it would have been a different score. Take that back a lopsided score.
Congrats to Pirates on one very ugly win.but a win is a win so we will take it.
This is how Russell lost to Fleming last week. At least the Pirates got away with it.
Basically gift wrapped this game for Lawrence County and they didn't want it. Total slop fest. Hard to beat anyone with 7 turnovers....hats off to the defense for stepping up on the last drive, great game by Lawrence County also. The Dalton kids are play makers! Tons of work to do for the Pirates.
I cant believe you Belfry fans are jumping ship.

Our jobs are done.

Trolls, back to the bridge. Our work is done.
Some idiot said we were in for a ball game lol
It just feels like this team is lacking a leader and fire, it seems to be each week the radio crew comments on the lack of fire.

Part of me feels like the lack of fire and lack of a leader emerging stems from the 12th man. It's noted each week that the boys are begging the fans to make noise. Coach Haywood has made comments about the lack of crowd and crowd enthusiasm in pre-game interviews at least twice this year.

You've got people all around the country tuning in every Friday night wishing they were sitting in CAM stadium and the "fans" right there in Pike Co can't even be bothered to show up and support the team. I have been constantly frustrated with the crowd over the last few years but it keeps getting worse. I got to attend last years Seminfinal game the first game I had seen live since 2006 and and was disappointed to see that only about three or four sections of the crowd really got loud for the boys. In my opinion some of the people at the game need to start challenging our fans to get loud for those boys every single play of the game and be invested in what's happening on the field and stop with the Friday night socializing. It's dead silent until a big run breaks then it's silent again.

I don't remember this lack of enthusiasm at Vipperman even during those late 90s years when the team was rebuilding.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5