Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central @ Paintsville 10-1-15
It's not officially billed as the "Apple Bowl" because Paintsville refused to pay the Apple Board a franchise fee.Confusednicker:
[attachment=o3234][attachment=o3235]
[Image: http://i59.tinypic.com/23kdvno.jpg]
BigMelon63 Wrote:It's not officially billed as the "Apple Bowl" because Paintsville refused to pay the Apple Board a franchise fee.Confusednicker:

I am not sure how you could call the game the "Apple Bow" ? The APPLE BOW BARREL has been in JC locker room for the past 12 years. If you like I can take a picture of the and post it for you to see.

As the "Nature Boy" like to say "to be the man you got to beat the man" Whoooooo:dontthink:dontthink
On a serious note, Coach Stoops will be coming to Memorial Field via helicopter to watch Paintsville and Kash :flame: that's pretty cool :Thumbs: this is via Twitter and KSR
1979-1982 is all the years that mattered to me. It rested at PHS those years. You can have that dusty old thing. I was never defeated. Go troll somewhere else 84.
TigerBlues Wrote:On a serious note, Coach Stoops will be coming to Memorial Field via helicopter to watch Paintsville and Kash :flame: that's pretty cool :Thumbs: this is via Twitter and KSR

Where is he gonna land?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Where is he gonna land?

Ya know, that's a great question Pulp. No idea on that one.
Anywhere he wants after beating #24 Mizzou!!!
I guess either at the football or baseball field ?
BigMelon63 Wrote:1979-1982 is all the years that mattered to me. It rested at PHS those years. You can have that dusty old thing. I was never defeated. Go troll somewhere else 84.

That my be true "BigMeloHead" But no player a Paintsville since since 2004 can say that. It not a matter of "having the barrel " JC won it and will keep it. No matter how you spin it. ((Remember SAYING) Paintsville stop playing the Apple Bowl because JC would not play Paintsville in grade school games.) However, JC had just put a running clock on Paintsville for 3 straight years. The Barrel will be in JC locker Room if you want to view it. That as close player from Paintsville will get to the barrel as long as Mantey is coach at JC.
Go brag to someone who cares. I'm happy for you. I retired unbeaten. Whoo Hoo!! I just repeated what someone had told me when I moved back to Paintsville. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. No biggie to me. I'm happy for both teams.
Go Tigers!!!
Go Golden Eagles!!!
84Eagle not buying beer at huge melons anytime soon :redboxer:
I wouldn't sell it to him if he had a winning lottery ticket. LOL!!!
BigMelon63 Wrote:Go brag to someone who cares. I'm happy for you. I retired unbeaten. Whoo Hoo!! I just repeated what someone had told me when I moved back to Paintsville. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. No biggie to me. I'm happy for both teams.
Go Tigers!!!
Go Golden Eagles!!!

I take that as acknowledgement of of your incorrect past post.

I think the win again Bourbon County should have gotten Paintsville more respect statewide. I am looking forward to the Raceland Game at this point I believe Painstville is the team to beat. Many of the players on Paintsville team has played many games with my son and we both wish them only the best.
:Clap:
tigers by 28
Paintsville 35 to 21
[attachment=o3238] Matt Jones of KSR says.
Eagle84 Wrote:That my be true "BigMeloHead" But no player a Paintsville since since 2004 can say that. It not a matter of "having the barrel " JC won it and will keep it. No matter how you spin it. ((Remember SAYING) Paintsville stop playing the Apple Bowl because JC would not play Paintsville in grade school games.) However, JC had just put a running clock on Paintsville for 3 straight years. The Barrel will be in JC locker Room if you want to view it. That as close player from Paintsville will get to the barrel as long as Mantey is coach at JC.

And because Matney acted like an ass letting people make fun of kids during a pep rally..
Wow! What do you say to that 84?
This is me Wrote:And because Matney acted like an ass letting people make fun of kids during a pep rally..

Come on now. I played at Paintsville back in the day and we had something called Ms. Apple Opossum during our Apple Bowl pep rallies. Seniors would dress up as some character, some would be fictional and others would be of their friends from JC. I went out as a former JC principal's oldest daughter, who was a good friend of mine. No one slung mud at Coach LeMaster over that. Heck, he probably didn't even know because we never told him. I'm not sure what a JC Apple Bowl pep rally entailed but being around Coach Matney as much as I have over the past 5 years, I'm sure Jim didn't sit down and choreograph it all out with his players.

One thing that I am ashamed that both schools did was that raunchy Top 10 list that was distributed by kids that had no part in the game. The personal attacks leveled by each school was uncalled for and probably cast the darkest clouds of the game. The game has been over for quite some time and I really wish people would close their yearbooks. I graduated from Paintsville and wish them well. They equipped me with an education that allowed me to obtain an engineering degree from the University of Kentucky and I cannot thank my teachers enough for their valuable time spent. It may be too much to ask, but I wish that the community as a whole would be proud that Johnson County has two top notch football programs that are both highly ranked in their respective class. This year has the potential to be something that may never happen again.

As for the game, Paintsville by 14.
I agree Dale!
I watched Paintsville's practice this morning at 5:30 am. What a great bunch of young men working together on a goal! Makes me proud!
Unless the Hawks have made some adjustments on defense against the run, Paintsville will win big. The Hawks however can put some points on the board, so this could be a high scoring affair.

Paintsville 56
Pike Central 28
DALE Wrote:Come on now. I played at Paintsville back in the day and we had something called Ms. Apple Opossum during our Apple Bowl pep rallies. Seniors would dress up as some character, some would be fictional and others would be of their friends from JC. I went out as a former JC principal's oldest daughter, who was a good friend of mine. No one slung mud at Coach LeMaster over that. Heck, he probably didn't even know because we never told him. I'm not sure what a JC Apple Bowl pep rally entailed but being around Coach Matney as much as I have over the past 5 years, I'm sure Jim didn't sit down and choreograph it all out with his players.

One thing that I am ashamed that both schools did was that raunchy Top 10 list that was distributed by kids that had no part in the game. The personal attacks leveled by each school was uncalled for and probably cast the darkest clouds of the game. The game has been over for quite some time and I really wish people would close their yearbooks. I graduated from Paintsville and wish them well. They equipped me with an education that allowed me to obtain an engineering degree from the University of Kentucky and I cannot thank my teachers enough for their valuable time spent. It may be too much to ask, but I wish that the community as a whole would be proud that Johnson County has two top notch football programs that are both highly ranked in their respective class. This year has the potential to be something that may never happen again.

As for the game, Paintsville by 14.

You know I have a lot of respect for the admin at JC and for you Dale. Everyone who knows me knows that I speak what's on my mind right or wrong... The two main reasons for the apple bowl being gone, is that matney run the score up and the straw that broke the camels back was the pep rally.. Enough said about that. Good luck the rest of year!! Paintsvile by 28plus..
WYMT game of the week.
This is me Wrote:And because Matney acted like an ass letting people make fun of kids during a pep rally..

This is me Wrote:You know I have a lot of respect for the admin at JC and for you Dale. Everyone who knows me knows that I speak what's on my mind right or wrong... The two main reasons for the apple bowl being gone, is that matney run the score up and the straw that broke the camels back was the pep rally.. Enough said about that. Good luck the rest of year!! Paintsvile by 28plus..

I call BS on “Paintsville quit playing the Apple Bowl because Coach Matney attended a pep rally and high school kids made fun of Paintsville Player.” Let see JC had had by Paintsville, students, cars damaged, field damaged, player assaulted and Players & teacher made fun and losing 7 straight game just to name a few. But Paintsville decided to take the moral ground on Coach Matney setting through a pep rally when some kids crossed the like a bit. THIS IS ME you know better, you need to go hang out with “BIGMELONHEAD” he believe that BS. I will make this very simple for you. Paintsville dropped to Apple Bowl to try and save football at Paintsville, because it had be very clear that as long as Coach Matney was at JC, Paintsville had no shot. It was going to be a running clock each year and the death of football at Paintsville. :please::please::please:
Eagle84 Wrote:I call BS on “Paintsville quit playing the Apple Bowl because Coach Matney attended a pep rally and high school kids made fun of Paintsville Player.” Let see JC had had by Paintsville, students, cars damaged, field damaged, player assaulted and Players & teacher made fun and losing 7 straight game just to name a few. But Paintsville decided to take the moral ground on Coach Matney setting through a pep rally when some kids crossed the like a bit. THIS IS ME you know better, you need to go hang out with “BIGMELONHEAD” he believe that BS. I will make this very simple for you. Paintsville dropped to Apple Bowl to try and save football at Paintsville, because it had be very clear that as long as Coach Matney was at JC, Paintsville had no shot. It was going to be a running clock each year and the death of football at Paintsville. :please::please::please:
Why does it really matter??? It wasn't helping either team so they quit playing it , it's pretty simple..... Do I think it would be good game this year if they played this year ? I think so ... Do I think central wins by a running clock ?? No.... Stick to you're thread about central playing there district games and winning by a running clock every time and not having any competition the whole season.... Paintsville 42-21 pike central
You are not worth my time. Still undefeated and retired.
One more day till Kickoff!!!:beavis: