Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Lucasville Valley (OH) 9/18
Fly By Night Wrote:This is incorrect.

You made the quote following this quote from me:

I watched GC live against Lewis County and online against Russell. I watched Raceland online against West Carter. A year made a bigger difference to GC for strength and conditioning increases than it did for Raceland. GC's skill group will outshine Raceland in this matchup.

Funny that GC didn't have it's fastest player available to play against Raceland. I do not know whether having Jake Wright available for the Raceland game would have placed GC over the top, but I bet that it wouldn't have hurt.

According to Coach Mullins' quote, Wright runs a 4.3 or 4.4 40-yard dash.

I believe that GC would have defeated Raceland had Wright played.

What do you think, Alice?

According to urban Myer , Braxton miller runs a 4.3 40 and I believe if he played for greenup that may have had a chance , what I think is you need to stop living in the what ifs and live more in the facts .. Raceland won Alice
anotherfootballnut Wrote:According to urban Myer , Braxton miller runs a 4.3 40 and I believe if he played for greenup that may have had a chance , what I think is you need to stop living in the what ifs and live more in the facts .. Raceland won Alice

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports/...-for-lions

Coach Mullins' quote, not mine...Alice:

According to Mullins, senior quarterback Jared Hunt has a cannon for an arm and wide receiver Jack Wright has 4.3-4.4 speed.
Hearing that Nathaniel Davidson hasnt been 100% since before he hurt his ankle in week 1 vs West Carter. Maybe that attributes to some of the offensive hick ups. If our offense gets going we are the team we all thought we would be. Proud of our defense, even against Ashland. Offense needs to get going though, play calls included.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Hearing that Nathaniel Davidson hasnt been 100% since before he hurt his ankle in week 1 vs West Carter. Maybe that attributes to some of the offensive hick ups. If our offense gets going we are the team we all thought we would be. Proud of our defense, even against Ashland. Offense needs to get going though, play calls included.

That's why he hasn't been playing defense
anotherfootballnut Wrote:That's why he hasn't been playing defense

I did wonder. Also figure it has to do with him being the QB now as well. Blake Whitt has really stepped up well at OLB. Nathaniel was moved to safety, which Cam Webb has been looking good on both sides of the ball. At WR/DB we are pretty deep with out any drop off really. At LB/RB we are deep without much drop off. Im telling everyone, once our offense gets some things ironed out (and they will) I know we are coming into week 5, but our offense is going to continue to develop, when it does, we are going to be a problem for anyone. I really look for us to hit our stride between this week and week 7, then really start to gel towards the end of the regular season, which is a good thing. We want to be playing our best football from week 7- through dec 5th.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I did wonder. Also figure it has to do with him being the QB now as well. Blake Whitt has really stepped up well at OLB. Nathaniel was moved to safety, which Cam Webb has been looking good on both sides of the ball. At WR/DB we are pretty deep with out any drop off really. At LB/RB we are deep without much drop off. Im telling everyone, once our offense gets some things ironed out (and they will) I know we are coming into week 5, but our offense is going to continue to develop, when it does, we are going to be a problem for anyone. I really look for us to hit our stride between this week and week 7, then really start to gel towards the end of the regular season, which is a good thing. We want to be playing our best football from week 7- through dec 5th.

Yes all true , Nathaniel's ankle has been a issue but mainly in the Ashland game he couldn't run at all, this past week against greenup he looked fine running , and yes they tried to move him to safety but when another linebacker got hurt during team camp he was moved back to linebacker and started there against west but hasn't played defense since getting hurt early in second quarter of that game . He will be back playing linebacker in the next couple weeks I would say . This offense will be fine , it looks like to me it's gonna be a ground and pound and throw 10-15 times a game, Raceland will be fine but I don't see them scoring 40 plus per game , they are gonna be a ball control offense with a shut down defense
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Yes all true , Nathaniel's ankle has been a issue but mainly in the Ashland game he couldn't run at all, this past week against greenup he looked fine running , and yes they tried to move him to safety but when another linebacker got hurt during team camp he was moved back to linebacker and started there against west but hasn't played defense since getting hurt early in second quarter of that game . He will be back playing linebacker in the next couple weeks I would say . This offense will be fine , it looks like to me it's gonna be a ground and pound and throw 10-15 times a game, Raceland will be fine but I don't see them scoring 40 plus per game , they are gonna be a ball control offense with a shut down defense

Thats what I said in the lreseason that we werent going to be a high octane offense anyway. But when I saw our potential in the passing game against Ashland, with a couple really nice deep balls and a few sharp throws across the middle by Nathaniel, I started thinking otherwise. I think that the development of players like Cam Webb and Kyle Jamison is crucial. Cam is only a sophomore but gives us some true speed at WR. He and Austin Howard are quick as anybody in the area, outside of probably Baker and Brown. Id like to see us use them both in some underneath routes and use Jamison more in the redzone. He was WIDE OPEN on the pick on the goal line and WIDE OPEN again on the first interception. Idk if it was something GC's secondary did that confused Davidson, or he simply had a bad night. He didnt look himself throwing the ball. In any event, our offense has the ability to put up 25-35 points a game. If we can acore in the high 20s to mid 30s, we will be fine against whoever we play. Our defense is very opportunistic. We just have to capitolize offensively when we drive down the field into the redzone. That, IMO, is where Kyle Jamison and Bailey Walker should see more touches on the football.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Thats what I said in the lreseason that we werent going to be a high octane offense anyway. But when I saw our potential in the passing game against Ashland, with a couple really nice deep balls and a few sharp throws across the middle by Nathaniel, I started thinking otherwise. I think that the development of players like Cam Webb and Kyle Jamison is crucial. Cam is only a sophomore but gives us some true speed at WR. He and Austin Howard are quick as anybody in the area, outside of probably Baker and Brown. Id like to see us use them both in some underneath routes and use Jamison more in the redzone. He was WIDE OPEN on the pick on the goal line and WIDE OPEN again on the first interception. Idk if it was something GC's secondary did that confused Davidson, or he simply had a bad night. He didnt look himself throwing the ball. In any event, our offense has the ability to put up 25-35 points a game. If we can acore in the high 20s to mid 30s, we will be fine against whoever we play. Our defense is very opportunistic. We just have to capitolize offensively when we drive down the field into the redzone. That, IMO, is where Kyle Jamison and Bailey Walker should see more touches on the football.

The play your referring to when Kyle was WIDE OPEN was a busted play , it was suppose to be a delayed hand off but their d end was in the backfield and would've hit Kane for a loss , Nathaniel pulled it back instead of giving it to Kane which was a good decision but I think he was going to run the ball until he looked up and seen Kyle WIDE OPEN and just threw a terrible pass . The first int you can see on film his back foot slipped as he was throwing which cause him to way under throw Kyle and the third was tipped so it's not as bad as it looked but plenty of things to work on and a good learning experience
Our defensive backs better be ready this week. Saw Valley play. As a whole I think they are better than Ashland. They don't have a Baker but they do have a #24 who is very good. He is a bigger stronger faster version of Messer. He does everything. QB is very good too.
Yes Bailey needs more carrys , he's a strong runner he hits the hole hard
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I think your dreaming Fly By Night.Here is something for you to think about,71 total yards.So 12 to 6 was like 40 to six.The only thing you need to work on is how Greenup is going to beat the Rams next year.Get to dreaming bro.

If having your fastest player out dosent matter, then why were so many Ram fans upset that Baker was playing against them. They cried all game that he shouldn't have been playing because of some wallet thing. Im assuming that you agree the outcome would have been the same without Baker on the field.
mightydog Wrote:If having your fastest player out dosent matter, then why were so many Ram fans upset that Baker was playing against them. They cried all game that he shouldn't have been playing because of some wallet thing. Im assuming that you agree the outcome would have been the same without Baker on the field.

No disrespect to the greenup player but he's not in the same league as baker
mightydog Wrote:If having your fastest player out dosent matter, then why were so many Ram fans upset that Baker was playing against them. They cried all game that he shouldn't have been playing because of some wallet thing. Im assuming that you agree the outcome would have been the same without Baker on the field.
I beg your pardon, most Ram fans wanted Baker playing because we truly wanted to see what we could handle.
Found out we couldn't handle Baker, but with no disrespect intended, don't think you can even think about mentioning the GC player or any other in this area in the same sentence as Baker.
Very, very few wanted him suspended for that game.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I beg your pardon, most Ram fans wanted Baker playing because we truly wanted to see what we could handle.
Found out we couldn't handle Baker, but with no disrespect intended, don't think you can even think about mentioning the GC player or any other in this area in the same sentence as Baker.
Very, very few wanted him suspended for that game.

Of coarse I don't believe he has the talent as Baker. But if hes legit 4.4 that's not something every kid has. so he could have been a weapon. You cant discount it as not making some type of a difference. And im just telling what the Ram fans around me were saying. I have no idea how most felt about Baker playing. I just heard them
Im glad Baker played and we got to see his speed and strength to see what we needed to work on. In reference to the outcome of the Ashland game, if you think the result would have been the same without Baker, your crazy. Ashland had 127 yards rushing and 3 TDs outside of Baker. Q also negated a few passing attempts as well. So no, without Baker the game is completely different. I for one though, am glad he did play.
I said to be the man you have to beat the man and the man being baker and let's just say Racelands not the man .. Racelands defense has looked a lot better since then . The rest of Racelands schedule is very tuff , and they will be tested each and every week , this will pay off come district and play off time I'm sure of that . Raceland can put their schedule up against any team in the area
Def a tough sched. That should prepare us for anything we will see. This week is another measuring stick for us. Back to back southern oh teams the next two weeks, only to be followed by lawrence co, then our district games (toughest district in 1A to get through) and cal it off with Russell. Id say we have our work cut out for us!lol
Bryan Rolfe is a heckuva QB. Maybe the best Raceland will see this year.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2053426/high...8814271/v2

Bryce Romanello is also a big time player.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2053572/high...2939439/v2

And, last but not least, Drew Wolford.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2053514/high...4630665/v2

All three received some sort of pre-season all-state recognition.
Wow fans bashing each other for his predictions. I mean saying he isn't a true fan.. He is speaking his opinion and he thinks Raceland loses this game. I got respect for him for saying it. A true fan or man speaks the truth about what he thinks.. I myself think Raceland has a good shot as any. I still would like to know are they throwing or running more or the same.. My opinion is with the running backs they have they should run it. Line up in the I and run it and pass ever so often to keep the teams honest.
bac2369 Wrote:Wow fans bashing each other for his predictions. I mean saying he isn't a true fan.. He is speaking his opinion and he thinks Raceland loses this game. I got respect for him for saying it. A true fan or man speaks the truth about what he thinks.. I myself think Raceland has a good shot as any. I still would like to know are they throwing or running more or the same.. My opinion is with the running backs they have they should run it. Line up in the I and run it and pass ever so often to keep the teams honest.

We Have a little bit of a lack of identity (come out one possession and march 80 yards down the field and score without running a pass play, then come back out and have a 5 or 6 play pass happy drive and have to punt), coupled with a first year QB who has never played the position other than out of the Wildcat and a new set of recievers, so there has been a bit of a learning curve in the passing game, we have looked great at times throwing the ball, then we have looked confused.

Running the ball we have been fine. We arent going to have many 60+ yard touchdown runs, but more of a ground and pound, hard nosed, style backfield. There has been some chsnges upfront that has helped our running game. Id still like to see us go from the spread, but from undercenter, to get our backs going downhill a bit more and utilize playaction.

Mike has been very conservstive with play calling at times. He opened things up alot against Ashland and again at East Carter (odd bc they were the strongest and weakest teams we have played), so I think he will open up the playbook a bit more from here on out.

I know its a dead horse, but once our offense clicks, I dont think there is anyone left on our schedule that we can not beat and beat soundly.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I know its a dead horse, but once our offense clicks, I dont think there is anyone left on our schedule that we can not beat and beat soundly.

I think Raceland will lose to Valley, Lawrence, and Russell. Clicking or not, Raceland doesn't have the speed or playmakers to win those games.
Greenup supposedly had superior atheletes and speed as well. West Carter was faster than we were, our defense will keep us in ball games. Valley excluded, the other teams will have to score 30+ and have around 400 yards of total offense to beat us.
I certainly didn't think Greenup or West Carter had superior athletes as compared to Raceland. Ashland did. Valley does. Lawrence does, particularly if both Daltons are playing. Russell is a very similar team to Raceland, but Conley will be the difference maker in that game.

Don't get me wrong, though, I still think Raceland will win their district with ease and should be playing in Bowling Green this year.
Nope. if we cant beat the likes of Ashland we wont be playing in bowling green.
I dont know if that is 100% accurate. If Ashland makes it to atleast the semis, and we do the same, then imo, that argument is void. Im not sold on just how much better Paintsville or Pikeville are than Raceland at this point. Neither has done anything spectacular against formidable oponents. Now, if Paintsville or Pikeville would have dominated one or the other, Id give one of them the knod, but not just yet.
When was the last time Ashland was relevant? They wont be this year either.
almost no hope of a Kentucky team winning in OHIO. 14-0 when the bus arrives. good luck to the rams. I despise any football north of the river.
Russell begs to differ lol
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:When was the last time Ashland was relevant? They wont be this year either.

I think this Ashland team may be different.
They didnt use half of what they have used the last few weeks against us. They have alot of weapons offensively, and they seem to be learning how to play outside of Q left and Q right. I think by seasons end, the Ashland loss wont look that bad.