Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Lucasville Valley (OH) 9/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Raceland manages to improve to 3-1 in a win over county rival Greenup County, with a less than impressive offensive performance, but a defense that was rather relentless in the second half, holding GC to negative yardage rushing for the game and only gave up around 100 yards passing. The Rams travel to 3-0 Lucasville Valley, who is always one of the top teams in Southern Ohio. Valley has convincing wins over Portsmouth East, Dawson-Bryant, and this past week against Piketon. Valley is giving up around 7 points a game and scoring around 40 points a game. Imo, Raceland will need the same defense to show up at Valley and figure some things out offensively, if they want to keep things respectable, bc Idk if our best game can give us a win over Valley. They are big and quick upfront snd have several good atheletes and a very good QB. This will be a tough out for the Rams wnd we will see how we have grown since the Ashland game, in yet another measuring stick match up for the Rams. So, what do u all think?
Valley 35-12
Rams will be out matched if the offense don't change. We are way to predictable and need to stop running up the middle all the time. Our play calling is at best bad. Hate to say it but we need to change something.
35-7 valley
I'm not going to predict this one I have to much RESPECTS for Scotty_Bronson. But Go Raceland :Cheerlead
Go Indians ...
Im goina have to go with Valley in this one. We just dont seem to have enough offensively. Our defense will be stout and hold them off for awhile, but more than likely get wore down late in the game. If we get our offense going, we can compete.
Scotty I'll pick your Rams by 1
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raceland manages to improve to 3-1 in a win over county rival Greenup County, with a less than impressive offensive performance, but a defense that was rather relentless in the second half, holding GC to negative yardage rushing for the game and only gave up around 100 yards passing. The Rams travel to 3-0 Lucasville Valley, who is always one of the top teams in Southern Ohio. Valley has convincing wins over Portsmouth East, Dawson-Bryant, and this past week against Piketon. Valley is giving up around 7 points a game and scoring around 40 points a game. Imo, Raceland will need the same defense to show up at Valley and figure some things out offensively, if they want to keep things respectable, bc Idk if our best game can give us a win over Valley. They are big and quick upfront snd have several good atheletes and a very good QB. This will be a tough out for the Rams wnd we will see how we have grown since the Ashland game, in yet another measuring stick match up for the Rams. So, what do u all think?

Valley defeated Portsmouth in a running clock game, not Portsmouth East. Portsmouth East is now Sciotoville Community.

Valley has not defeated a team with a winning record.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.jsp...&year=2015

Valley 2015 Football
8/27 A Portsmouth (1-2) [5:17] W 33-0
9/5 A Dawson-Bryant (0-3) [6:21] W 47-14
9/11 H Piketon (1-2) [5:17] W 35-8
9/18 H Raceland (KY) (3-1) [6:0]
9/25 H Sciotoville Community (3-0) [7:25]
10/2 A Waverly (2-1) [4:14]
10/9 H Portsmouth West (1-2) [5:17]
10/23 H Wheelersburg (3-0) [5:17]
10/30 A Minford (2-1) [5:17]
Fly By Night Wrote:Valley defeated Portsmouth in a running clock game, not Portsmouth East. Portsmouth East is now Sciotoville Community.

Valley has not defeated a team with a winning record.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.jsp...&year=2015

Valley 2015 Football
8/27 A Portsmouth (1-2) [5:17] W 33-0
9/5 A Dawson-Bryant (0-3) [6:21] W 47-14
9/11 H Piketon (1-2) [5:17] W 35-8
9/18 H Raceland (KY) (3-1) [6:0]
9/25 H Sciotoville Community (3-0) [7:25]
10/2 A Waverly (2-1) [4:14]
10/9 H Portsmouth West (1-2) [5:17]
10/23 H Wheelersburg (3-0) [5:17]
10/30 A Minford (2-1) [5:17]

Just going by recent years, we are generally 2 or 3 late TDs better than Dawson-Bryant. Playing them the last few years that has been the case. So, comparing scores any how and I know its hard to do game to game let alone season to season, I figure we are a 3 TD underdog going in. So Im predicting...

Indians 28
Rams 14

If our offense kicks into gear, we will win the ball game. Really like the way our def is playing.
I don't give a crap if the Rams are playing the Dallas Cowboys I'm picking the Rams I just lost all respect for Scotty if your a True Ram then stand up and be one if not sit in the corner suck your thumb . The Rams are 3-1 and have played 3 pretty good darn teams .so Scotty get on bored or get out the way
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I don't give a crap if the Rams are playing the Dallas Cowboys I'm picking the Rams I just lost all respect for Scotty if your a True Ram then stand up and be one if not sit in the corner suck your thumb . The Rams are 3-1 and have played 3 pretty good darn teams .so Scotty get on bored or get out the way

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:
AFN. Respect me or dont. Im not going anywhere. If i didnt care about the Rams, I wouldnt get on here and babble so much. No one on here can dispute that. I dont get on here and run my mouth, I dont get on here and troll, I dont get on here to go back and forth with people, I get on here to talk football and do so using facts to support my conclusions. Idc if it hairlips santy clause, the pope or Dale Jr, i aint going anywhere and will be a die hard ram fan until i die, so i am on board and ur just goina have to deal with me. Just bc I pick against the Rams, doesnt mean that is the outcome I hope for. I hope and pray that I am wrong, but I am realistic. Right now, Raceland is still searching for their offensive groove. If our defense is what it was against GC, we will be in position to win any game, BUT, against a team with a stronger offense than GC's, we cant give them the opportunities we gave the Muskies. We have yet to put in solid 4 quarters of football, hell, idk if we have played 3 quarters of good football yet.

The team we have this year has massive potential, we have much better atheletes than our offensive production has shown. Our running backs are alot more versatile than our offensive production has shown. Our defense has been as advertised imo. West Carter finished with 105 yards rushing, and that includes a busted play for 60 yards by Braden Brown. At Ashland, Baker got his, but outside of him, we gave up around 140 yards rushing. East Carter rushed for 124, with 50 or 60 of it coming against our Freshman/JV, then we held Greenup's "superior atheletes" to -4 rushing. No one has consitsntly passed the ball on us. We have held each QB to less than 100 yards and 60% passing. So defensively, we ARE the team we thought we would be. Defense wins championships though, so hopefully its something we can continue to hang our hat on. I think Kane Snyder has looked better the last 2 games and Kyle Jamison has been an absolute beast at DE. I think he needs to be more involved in the offense and IMO, Grizzle needs to have more of a hand in the play calling.

Back to the game at hand, Valley has alot of playmakers and is very big snd mobil upfront, this is going to be a tall task. I hope we get our offensive butts together, bc if we do, we can win this game by 2 or more TDs. But just going off of what I have seen lately, I have to pick the Indians. Go ahead Rams, serve me up my crow. Nothing could make me happier
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:East Carter rushed for 124, with 50 or 60 of it coming against our Freshman/JV, then we held Greenup's "superior atheletes" to -4 rushing.

Greenup County's fastest player, Jake Wright, was injured the last couple of weeks and did not play. I do not know if he would have made the difference for the Musketeers against the Rams, but I thought I would let you know that.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Go Indians ...

Go jump back in the fire widdle devil ! ! !
Valley rolls the Rams.... 35-14
Have faith Scottie
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I don't give a crap if the Rams are playing the Dallas Cowboys I'm picking the Rams I just lost all respect for Scotty if your a True Ram then stand up and be one if not sit in the corner suck your thumb . The Rams are 3-1 and have played 3 pretty good darn teams .so Scotty get on bored or get out the way

Dude I just picked Paintsville to beat Williamsburg. Read my Lips anotherfootballnut life goes on where Raceland wins or lose. Look forward to see you in the OPINION CLUB SOON. Confusednicker:
Membership Fees is 25¢ :Guitar01:
Gonna go out on a limb here. I think the Rams get the offense on track this week, the defense will continue to play their game and the Rams will win a close one.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Gonna go out on a limb here. I think the Rams get the offense on track this week, the defense will continue to play their game and the Rams will win a close one.

Hope your right!
64SUR Wrote:Dude I just picked Paintsville to beat Williamsburg. Read my Lips anotherfootballnut life goes on where Raceland wins or lose. Look forward to see you in the OPINION CLUB SOON. Confusednicker:

Rams football is not my life , your missing my point
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Rams football is not my life , your missing my point

If you say so, Alice.

(Like Mama always said, if you are going to dish it out, you had better be able to take it.)

anotherfootballnut Wrote:Really !!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahha wake up Alice
64SUR Wrote:Membership Fees is 25¢ :Guitar01:

Inflation increase - used to be 2 cents.
Ok here we go.I have watched a lot of Ram football over the years.Salmons coaches just like the coaches he played for. In games that mean nothing he will call plays different.He coached the Greenup game like he didn't want to lose it instead of coaching like he wanted to win it.The Vally game will be different.He will call more aggressive plays but can we pull them off?I think 4 games into the season and your getting close to where your going to be for the year.Rams will struggle on offense all year.I would have picked Valley before I knew they haven't beat a team with a winning record yet this year.

Rams 18
Valley 14
Fly By Night Wrote:If you say so, Alice.

(Like Mama always said, if you are going to dish it out, you had better be able to take it.)

That was a a statement I made when you said greenup would beat greenup . Who won the game Alice ??? Exactly
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Ok here we go.I have watched a lot of Ram football over the years.Salmons coaches just like the coaches he played for. In games that mean nothing he will call plays different.He coached the Greenup game like he didn't want to lose it instead of coaching like he wanted to win it.The Vally game will be different.He will call more aggressive plays but can we pull them off?I think 4 games into the season and your getting close to where your going to be for the year.Rams will struggle on offense all year.I would have picked Valley before I knew they haven't beat a team with a winning record yet this year.

Rams 18
Valley 14

I agree with everything except. I don't think this team will struggle on offense all year but I also think this team is not the type that will score 40 plus per game either
anotherfootballnut Wrote:That was a a statement I made when you said greenup would beat greenup . Who won the game Alice ??? Exactly

This is incorrect.

You made the quote following this quote from me:

I watched GC live against Lewis County and online against Russell. I watched Raceland online against West Carter. A year made a bigger difference to GC for strength and conditioning increases than it did for Raceland. GC's skill group will outshine Raceland in this matchup.

Funny that GC didn't have it's fastest player available to play against Raceland. I do not know whether having Jake Wright available for the Raceland game would have placed GC over the top, but I bet that it wouldn't have hurt.

According to Coach Mullins' quote, Wright runs a 4.3 or 4.4 40-yard dash.

I believe that GC would have defeated Raceland had Wright played.

What do you think, Alice?
I think your dreaming Fly By Night.Here is something for you to think about,71 total yards.So 12 to 6 was like 40 to six.The only thing you need to work on is how Greenup is going to beat the Rams next year.Get to dreaming bro.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I think your dreaming Fly By Night.Here is something for you to think about,71 total yards.So 12 to 6 was like 40 to six.The only thing you need to work on is how Greenup is going to beat the Rams next year.Get to dreaming bro.

It was still 12 to 6. Now I know for sure that Greenup County math is better than Raceland's.

Besides, I really don't care how Greenup County and Raceland ends up each year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4