Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. and Taylor Co. Cited for Scrimmage Violations, fined and put on probation
Here you go again..........the problems you should be worried about is 0-2 and Pineville. Your circus is falling apart.
Objective Wrote:Also it will be interesting what effect this has on camps state wide. I wonder if the KHSAA will actually be forced to crack down on them in the future and if schools will take this as writing on the wall that this won't be allowed any more ?

Guts....hypothetically... if your a head coach and participated in these type of camps up to this point, would you in the future ?

Ironically, Whitley is a name I am hearing was in a camp similar to this around the same time.

Whitley, Middlesboro, and Corbin are three names I have heard that were scrimmaging in camp when they were not supposed to..nothing confirmed by any means.. but the person who clued me in on all this earlier this week specifically listed those teams as well.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ironically, Whitley is a name I am hearing was in a camp similar to this around the same time.

Whitley, Middlesboro, and Corbin are three names I have heard that were scrimmaging in camp when they were not supposed to..nothing confirmed by any means.. but the person who clued me in on all this earlier this week specifically listed those teams as well.

Come-on Corbin didn't even go to a camp this year. :dontthink
64SUR Wrote:Come-on Corbin didn't even go to a camp this year. :dontthink

Dont shoot the messenger...relaying what I was told by someone who called this whole debacle before it came out
The KHSAA doesn't have the money or the manpower to enforce all the rules. Someone has to report a violation before they take action. In other words, they rely on snitches to make them aware of most problems. This has not worked very well in the past and probably won't in the future. If you can't beat them, snitch on them.
The Khsaa scrimmage rule is a joke everyone in the state of Kentucky does it every year. The khsaa needs to either go away from the rule or they need to do away with the scrimmages all in general. You should know that Bell County and Taylor County ain't the only two getting fined and put on probation. THERE IS MORE TEAMS OUT THERE. You just haven't got cought yet. Your time is coming and as for the requiting of players to come to other schools. Like private schools doing every year. It ain't fair to public schools when the private schools can do it. KHSAA needs to penalize the private schools for it. Case close!!!!
wildcats fan Wrote:The Khsaa scrimmage rule is a joke everyone in the state of Kentucky does it every year. The khsaa needs to either go away from the rule or they need to do away with the scrimmages all in general. You should know that Bell County and Taylor County ain't the only two getting fined and put on probation. THERE IS MORE TEAMS OUT THERE. You just haven't got cought yet. Your time is coming and as for the requiting of players to come to other schools. Like private schools doing every year. It ain't fair to public schools when the private schools can do it. KHSAA needs to penalize the private schools for it. Case close!!!!
Not everyone does it. I know for sure Pikeville only had one full on scrimmage, against Breathitt County. And didn't go to camp.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ironically, Whitley is a name I am hearing was in a camp similar to this around the same time.

I don't think Corbin went to camp in either of the 2 years since Haddix has been there. Haddix seems to like the 7 vs 7 games much better.
wildcats fan Wrote:The Khsaa scrimmage rule is a joke everyone in the state of Kentucky does it every year. The khsaa needs to either go away from the rule or they need to do away with the scrimmages all in general. You should know that Bell County and Taylor County ain't the only two getting fined and put on probation. THERE IS MORE TEAMS OUT THERE. You just haven't got cought yet. Your time is coming and as for the requiting of players to come to other schools. Like private schools doing every year. It ain't fair to public schools when the private schools can do it. KHSAA needs to penalize the private schools for it. Case close!!!!

I agree. I think it's a dumb rule because you can scrimmage your offense against your defense all day every day so they can't act like this is something to protect the kids. I say let teams and coaching staffs get together and play and practice together all they want. It might even create some extra camaraderie between teams if you ask me.
What schools go to camps

Does khsaa have a list of schools and where they go

Where is this camp that bell and Taylor went to located

That's funny that you heard that because Middlesboro was at a new camp this year, completely off the grid, with no other team even on campus. With what was stated about Corbin, it sounds like you need a few new sources.

Absolutely hilarious that the attention would be turned away from Bell County and Taylor County here though. I seriously laughed out loud when I heard this news because of so many Bell County people accusing Middlesboro last year, and even this summer, and then they themselves got found guilty of the very thing they were accusing others of doing.

I'm not even claiming that Middlesboro and others haven't been guilty in the past. Just humorous that Bell stood on their soap box claiming to be guilt-free. Then this.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:That's funny that you heard that because Middlesboro was at a new camp this year, completely off the grid, with no other team even on campus. With what was stated about Corbin, it sounds like you need a few new sources.

Absolutely hilarious that the attention would be turned away from Bell County and Taylor County here though. I seriously laughed out loud when I heard this news because of so many Bell County people accusing Middlesboro last year, and even this summer, and then they themselves got found guilty of the very thing they were accusing others of doing.

I'm not even claiming that Middlesboro and others haven't been guilty in the past. Just humorous that Bell stood on their soap box claiming to be guilt-free. Then this.

Go back and read the thread. I did. No one was complaining about scrimmages , they were talking about Middlesboro, Boyle and Mercer putting pads on a week early to go to camp. We all know they scrimmage. But when Chuck Smith is involved KHSAA will not touch it. The name of the thread says it all. Last year teams went to camp before full pads could be worn. KHSAA had to be blind deaf and dumb not to have know that. So no soap box with scrimmage.
I'm still trying to figure out how many times EKU has ever watered a field down?........ LOL
:okay: then why start them up again. It is like you want to start the crap up. This thread is about Taylor and Bell scrimmage.

I say scrimmage on. Rule does nothing to help KY football or kids.
jamesdeane Wrote:I don't think Corbin went to camp in either of the 2 years since Haddix has been there. Haddix seems to like the 7 vs 7 games much better.

With as many kids as Corbin has they can have there own camp more or less.
I know they did there own camp this year and he worked them pretty hard until the dead period and then started right after like everyone else. And you are right, they went to a lot of 7 on 7 tourneys as did most around here.

Although not true, I find it hard to believe any coach would be stupid enough to scrimmage the two teams they play first in the season. I just don't see any benefits from that. If Whitley didn't play those two teams I could see where people might think something like that is possible due to proximity, but it just doesn't seem like a smart plan to give the two teams you play first a look at what you got.

One thing I am curious about are these so called "lineman" camps. There was a thread on here last year about North Laurel and Harlan County putting a lineman camp on together that involved a lot of very small lineman and a couple of QB like lineman as well. Who knows if it was true. Seems like it would be easy considering father and son could get together without much risk, but I still find it hard to believe anyone would try that.
But my question about these lineman camps is pretty simple. Camps like Joe Prince use to put on over in Owensboro in June (it may still go on I don't know) and camps in South Carolina and Tennessee that a lot of these schools send there lineman too goes full pads in June. You are talking about several teams in this state going full pad scrimmaging in June and supposedly that's okay. Ive seen these camps with my own two eyes. They take one teams offensive line and pit it against the defensive line from another school. The only difference in it and a scrimmage is that there is not ball handler but I have seen several line a smaller lineman up back there while a coach takes a snap and hands it off and its full go. There is absolutely no difference in that and a scrimmage unless there is some privilege given to camps.
There the potential for a much contact in 7 on 7 as in real games as well but real games might be better because you have the safety of the pads.

I think the real problem is doing it when you know you shouldn't be. The taping is what got these two busted. I would venture to say at least 75% of the members posting on this thread saying there school didn't scrimmage probably really believed they didn't but don't know that actually, they did.
InItToWinIt and NextGeneration....the soap opera drama isn't going to be tolerated. Please stay on topic and stop bickering with each other on the boards.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Truth be told I don't think "recruiting" happens very often at all.

IMHO, there are very few programs who have staffs going out to try and meet with players from other schools to convince them to transfer. If they did, every single school who lost a transfer would be reporting them.

Parents and kids usually decide where they want to play football on their own accord.

Now if you said that the KHSAA needs to investigate bonafide change of address and transfers that are specifically sport related then I might I agree with you...but recruiting is a buzzword that all too often is used incorrectly. If anything is causing an "uneven" playing field though it is parents taking their kids out of district but never legitimately changing an address.

recruiting happens way more often than you think.
Cellking Wrote:I worked at Leslie County with Floyd Hines and Coached for several years and never broke the Scrimmage Rule. Don't agree with it but followed it and don't agree with all you people saying there is nothing wrong with it, you are dealing with young people and saying it's ok for us to cheat. Wrong Message !!! Case Closed.

I agree. if you have to cheat to win.You shouldn't be playing.
bcpc Wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how many times EKU has ever watered a field down?........ LOL

:thatsfunn
Objective Wrote:Also it will be interesting what effect this has on camps state wide. I wonder if the KHSAA will actually be forced to crack down on them in the future and if schools will take this as writing on the wall that this won't be allowed any more ?

Guts....hypothetically... if your a head coach and participated in these type of camps up to this point, would you in the future ?

That's a good question objective. I think I would definitely wait a couple of years to see if they do indeed actually start cracking down on it.

I think a lot of the people (not all) that claims there team never scrimmages doesn't know exactly what goes on at camp. Back when we use to go to Gtown colleges camp every year, there would always be at least 10-15 other teams there at the same time. Every year, every one of those teams scrimmaged against another one of those teams at least once. Since that was over 15 years ago im not sure what happens in todays world, but I see a very large variety of teams from all over the state doing this. Not one time did the KHSAA ever pop there little heads in and do anything or say anything.
This is why it has me curious as to whether if you go to an official team camp that a college or institution puts on, is it really considered a scrimmage when you are there?
If two teams, like in this situation with Bell and Taylor call each other up and say, we'll come over and scrimmage, I understand whats going on there and see how that is a strict breaking of the rules.
However, if you go to a camp you or your school paid money to go to, and your full team is there, and you started "practicing" with another team obviously without official rules or refs or score board, is it still considered a scrimmage?
If so, I truly believe there is not one single football team in this state that has ever attended a summer camp who has not broken that rule. I could name of 40-50 teams that I remember and that's been 15-20 years ago.
I can name 15-20 that did it this year!!!! Some even before full pads was legal!!!! Bottom line is that Dudley got caught filming and it opened up a can of worms. Scrimmaging goes on everywhere in the schools from 4A down that don't have great numbers in the upper classes. That is the only way they can get a decent look across the line from them.

KY as usual is doing nothing to help our football in this state. All we need to do is look at the surrounding states and how they handle pre-season scrimmages. The week zero stuff is garbage also. If you elect to not have a bye week you can get 2 scrimmages???? That is out and out stupid.
bcpc Wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how many times EKU has ever watered a field down?........ LOL

Big Grin

About as many times as Breathitt beat Belfry on a touchdown pass 4 feet out of bounds.... and one less time than the Shouse kid became eligible bouncing around EKY like a pinball.
^ I've never understood that either. Either have a bye, or play another "game". If I'm a Coach I take the 2 scrimmages all the time.
Thrillex Wrote:^ I've never understood that either. Either have a bye, or play another "game". If I'm a Coach I take the 2 scrimmages all the time.

I agree but on the flip side then you could possibly scrimmage/play 17 straight weeks? It makes no sense to how it is done. Either way KY is getting the short end of the stick. We can play a Gazillion summer basketball games!!!!!!!
William Muney Wrote:I agree but on the flip side then you could possibly scrimmage/play 17 straight weeks? It makes no sense to how it is done. Either way KY is getting the short end of the stick. We can play a Gazillion summer basketball games!!!!!!!

With how weak some districts are you would be foolish not to take the extra scrimmage to be honest. If you are a 6A school playing great teams every week I could see taking the BYE and playing Week 0, or a team in a 3-team district who schedules a bear of a schedule..

If you are a smaller school and have two teams in your District that you will have a running clock on in the First Half it's almost as good as a BYE anyway. Take the extra scrimmage.

Personally I am a little surprised some teams don't play two scrimmages and only 9 regular season games on purpose.
adopted purple Wrote:The KHSAA doesn't have the money or the manpower to enforce all the rules. Someone has to report a violation before they take action. In other words, they rely on snitches to make them aware of most problems. This has not worked very well in the past and probably won't in the future. If you can't beat them, snitch on them.

I don't think anyone is worried about not beating taylor, just ask Adair and Barren
Southwestern Pulaski , Boyle Co, Lincoln Co., Perry Central, Knox Central, South Laurel and sure that they are more that broke this rule..
KHSAA should look at Tennessee and change the rule on scrimmages..
Don't get me wrong, the rule is 1scrimmage and we broke it.. Pay price and go on.. Needs to be changed for the game.
My Question is who was they scrimmaging, and how come these schools are not in trouble.
insideinfo Wrote:My Question is who was they scrimmaging, and how come these schools are not in trouble.

Look at the coaches of some of the teams...that'll tell you why, KHSAA doesn't want those problems. They should just adopt Ohio's rule and have two scrimmages and a good ol fashion Jamoboree!! YEE HAW